IGNORED

Baby Seewald is Here - Details to Follow

happy atheist

I don't think Jessa will rush announcing the name (my guess is Benjamin Michael Robert). 
Once the inital interest of the birth wears off, its just another Duggar grandbaby, just like Israel and Meredith born this year. 
I doubt a huge amount of people will stick around after they find out the name to watch baby Seewald grow up. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so it is there, but can i still add my wedding pic? xD

we met at the cricket club so we had our reception there too.

294825_10150322146911451_1825599816_n.jp

i dont like frills or artificial fibers.. this s a "medieval" type dress.

I'm starting to think that there's something wrong.  Hasn't it been about seven hours since the baby was born?  They should have posted a picture by now.

I'm starting to think that there's something wrong.  Hasn't it been about seven hours since the baby was born?  They should have posted a picture by now.

Isn't it like 2:30 AM in Arkansas? They might be waiting till morning.

Congratulations, baby Seewald. During your upbringing you will be told a great many things that are not true. I hope you can tell the difference some day.

Welcome to the world, Young Master Seewald. Enjoy being a boy in the Gothard cult, since things are going to be comparatively pretty good for you.

I would be furious with Jessica though.

I hope she had a smooth delivery. Can't wait for now details about the birth and the name!

I think I'd be furious if someone had announced that I'd had the baby, and I'm not nearly as smug as Jessa. Normal Jessa is bad enough but hormonal rage Jessa must be a sight to see. Then again after the Amy photos, she had it coming . I'm hoping they are all panicky somewhere because someone released the news before they were expecting to and threw a stick in the publicity wheel mwahaha :smiley-signs136:

His name should be just plain Bin.

Aww, but then once the excitement dies down, the poor kid will just be a "has Bin." :pb_wink:  (Sorry, that's pretty lame, I know.)

The names I actually threw in the ring when the Blessa'd couple were asking for suggestions were Gabriel, Gideon, and Bennett. Not that I think they're going to pick any of my suggestions. However, I do think they'll go for something with Christian/Biblical significance. For some weird reason, my brain keeps screaming "Micah" at me. So I guess Micah it is! Micah Benjamin. There's my pick.

I loved her face when Me-chelle said that to her. I bet is not gonna be a week before good ol Jillymuffin announces her newest bun in the oven. 

Not to mention another reason to fly back to the USA! Can't do mission work when pregnant!

Is it odd to anybody else that Jessa wanted to do a home birth in Josh's old house (where Anna gave birth to his kids) after what he did to her? I wouldn't even want to live there, much less welcome a baby inside those walls. Jessa and Ben must have thought about that. I guess a free house is a free house. Plus her father did pay to get it remodeled and remove the mold. Maybe that got some of the Josh ickiness off of it.

Glad the Jessa baby waiting game is over. I thought the baby was going to be a girl until I saw a picture that showed the baby's crib in the background with blue bedding. I want to know the name. I want something random like Apple.      

I dont find Jessa's decision to have a home birth odd at all. If the fact that it was Josh's house bothered her, then I suppose she would be living elsewhere. She might even love the idea of birthing the little Seeweed in the house where her nieces and nephews were born. Bottom line is it was a home birth and that is her home.  

the wait is making me ponder on what would happen if they gave birth to a Down syndrome or severely disabled child. How do fundies reconcile that in their theology?? I don't know of any fundie families like them who have faced this

I would be beyond furious if someone posted my baby announcement before I did, wonder how much time Jessica will get with her new nephew after pulling that stunt!  I hope they announce the name soon and don't drag it out for age's drip feeing info about the baby as I could see Jill upstaging Jessa with a "Totally excited about my new nephew, even more exciting he will have a new cousin to play with soon" post.

What goes around comes around.  Jessa likes to upstage other people, and it's always on purpose and even comes off as per-meditated.  She was very quick to have pictures ready after Amy's wedding.  I think she had everything ready to share before the wedding.  If she thinks that's okay to do, Jessica might have thought that she could share news too.  So I'll just sit here not feeling bad for her at all.

If Jill announces her next sproglet in the next couple days, it might be like when Jessa's wedding was bumped to a small spot while Jill's proof of having sex announcement got the main cover.

I'm four and a half months pregnant and I found out in August. We told our parents only. After planning a dinner (a little closer to the end of the first trimester) so we could tell everyone, his dad went and blabbed to the entire rest of the family on both sides. Which I found out on my birthday, four days after I found out I was pregnant. It SUCKS to have someone announce those things for you and if Jessa was the mastermind behind it, good for her! If not, I feel sorry for her because I know how it stings. As a parent, she should have been able to announce how and when she wanted that baby Seewald made it into the world.

That said, I need to know a name! Benny is at the top of my list. (Benjamin Jr.).

the wait is making me ponder on what would happen if they gave birth to a Down syndrome or severely disabled child. How do fundies reconcile that in their theology?? I don't know of any fundie families like them who have faced this

Once the initial shock wears off  it would be good for some extra income from the speaking gigs: "evil heathens would have aborted this child but we welcome all the babies we can get and even now,  we'll have eighteen more children to make sure we aren't going to be able to take care of anyone's needs properly."  

Pfff for ONCE I manage to get 9 hours of sleep and baby Seewald's birth is announced as I am sleeping. Missed the party once again :P 

Once the initial shock wears off  it would be good for some extra income from the speaking gigs: "evil heathens would have aborted this child but we welcome all the babies we can get and even now,  we'll have eighteen more children to make sure we aren't going to be able to take care of anyone's needs properly."  

And while I'd hope they wouldn't be this stupid/borderline abusive, I'm willing to be that they would try to homeschool their special-needs child and not give them any real, evidence-based support services. But that's OK, because as long as the kid is placid and cute enough to be trotted out to speaking engagements where mom and dad talk about how great they are for not aborting him, who cares if he can read, speak, or function independently/semi-independently?

Ofcourse she gave birth during the monstrous hours my internet connection had broken down!! Only for me to discover 8hrs later that baby BJ has arrived! 

I wouldn't be surprised if the name will be announced nextTuesday in the latest People magazine issue. 

What time zone does people magazine runs in? 

I looked it up, but it's not clear - looks like they have headquarters in just about every timezone of the continental US. They probably have people working around the clock so there aren't any coverage gaps.

What?  Immature, undereducated and utterly self-absorbed teen given the opportunity to make massive headlines and gain international attention. What could possibly go wrong?

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived