IGNORED

Baby Seewald is Here - Details to Follow

happy atheist

Can you imagine if Josh is released/spotted by the press today?  Do you think Jessa would be upset?  

I'm happy they have a cute healthy baby.  Hopefully mom is doing well. :-)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cute baby. Big baby! Not surprised it looks like she had a homebirth, and I'm glad for her sake that she didn't have to go through what Jill went through. Anyway, can we all just take a moment to rejoice that, so far, little Bin Bob does not look like a Jim Bob Jr.?

Cute baby. Big baby! Not surprised it looks like she had a homebirth, and I'm glad for her sake that she didn't have to go through what Jill went through. Anyway, can we all just take a moment to rejoice that, so far, little Bin Bob does not look like a Jim Bob Jr.?

I think that is the first time :D

I think this is all blessa and bin. They want to be the new evangelical it couple. They clearly want to be the next Tammy Faye and Jim baker or something. Oh the horror!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what British royalty does with names, right?  They wait days - sometimes weeks to announce names of their issue?  So, sounds about right for Jessa, no?

Now I'm laughing at the thought of the Duggars posting an official proclamation of the baby's birth and name on the gates of the TTH. They could even get some howlers out there to herald the proclamation with their screeching violins.

Perhaps the baby's name is in flux. My parents decided on a first name for me pretty easily, but my middle name was a point of contention. My mom wanted it to be my grandmother's maiden name, and my dad wanted it to be "Augusta" because I was born during the Master Golf Tournament. Fate intervened when General Hospital came on the TV in the hospital room, and thus I got saddled with one of the most stereotypical 80's Valley Girl names for my middle name, after a General Hospital Character.

I think he's exactly the size I was when I was born, both weight and length.

The People photo is cute, the other one, well, he's just a newborn.

Also, I called boy from the beginning. :D

I wonder how pissed Jim Bob was when he realized Jessica had jumped the gun. I kept checking to see if she deleted it, but 14 hours later it's still up. The official Duggar page and the People announcement definitely sound quickly put together. Michael and Guinn might not care, either, if it's still up. Maybe they aren't under the complete Duggar delusion? I feel like they wouldn't be as close as they could have been after the post Michael made about Josh after the Ashley Madison scandal.

If I was becoming an aunt for the first time (if I had siblings), I would be excited, too. Granted, me posting about it on my Instagram would garner about 10-20 likes, while Jessica's was bound to garner more.

He's absolutely adorable.  I can't even fathom how someone delivers such a big baby at home with no drugs, good for her. My baby was just over 6 lbs with a small head and it was still plenty difficult.

Someone reporting that it was an 80 hour labor had to have said that as a joke.  Jessa was photographed having birthday lunch just the day before so I doubt she was in labor though I did go out to eat while I was in labor but my contractions were 30 minutes apart at that time, who knows.  

My second child remained nameless until the day we left the hospital and we had to pick.  We wanted to chill with him for a bit, and see what would best fit, which seemed to annoy the heck out of every single family member possible.  No matter - we didn't care.  And for the record, I think his name fits him perfectly!  Our oldest son was named ahead, and oddly, I don't feel like it fits him as well.  So, I'm all for the "getting to know them" phase before.  It doesn't take that long to see what fits! 

I like that system. Sometimes you have to see which name sticks. Though I'm personally a fan of the Full Name Ultimatum Test for names: yell the potential full name -- "ISRAEL DAVID DILLARD GET DOWN HERE THIS INSTANT!" -- and see how it flows.

I haven't read through the whole thread yet, but I don't think that Jessica was necessarily being a deliberate jerk. Something similar happened to me, but it was even worse. My sister was with me for my last birth. In her ecstatic new auntie euphoria, she sent a text out to non immediate family while I was still indisposed. My mom found out about the birth from a congratulations text from my aunt, less than ten minutes after birth. My mom was a bit upset at first, but ended up being very understanding. My little sister was not a thoughtless 18 year old. She was 28 years old, but unmarried with no children. She just didn't think about the consequences for her excited actions.

I like that system. Sometimes you have to see which name sticks. Though I'm personally a fan of the Full Name Ultimatum Test for names: yell the potential full name -- "ISRAEL DAVID DILLARD GET DOWN HERE THIS INSTANT!" -- and see how it flows.

:pb_lol: Oh my god!!! I thought we were all crazy in my family. Is a relief there are other crazy people out there:my_biggrin:

I want a picture of the new little Smuglet. I want a family picture with all of them. Ben with his backwards cap, looking high, Jessa (probably with perfectly curled hair and makeup. Not that I blame her, I wouldn't want to release pictures of myself looking less than perfect) looking smug, and the baby with a tiny backwards baseball cap, napping peacefully in her arms.

Love that name!   Awwwwww

And if he's like his dad we can call him Simple Smuglet!

Now I'm laughing at the thought of the Duggars posting an official proclamation of the baby's birth and name on the gates of the TTH. They could even get some howlers out there to herald the proclamation with their screeching violins.

Perhaps the baby's name is in flux. My parents decided on a first name for me pretty easily, but my middle name was a point of contention. My mom wanted it to be my grandmother's maiden name, and my dad wanted it to be "Augusta" because I was born during the Master Golf Tournament. Fate intervened when General Hospital came on the TV in the hospital room, and thus I got saddled with one of the most stereotypical 80's Valley Girl names for my middle name, after a General Hospital Character.

I knew a girl named Kendall because her dad's favorite brand of wine was Kendall-Jackson. Thank the lord he wasn't a huge fan of Everclear.

He's absolutely adorable.  I can't even fathom how someone delivers such a big baby at home with no drugs, good for her. My baby was just over 6 lbs with a small head and it was still plenty difficult.

Someone reporting that it was an 80 hour labor had to have said that as a joke.  Jessa was photographed having birthday lunch just the day before so I doubt she was in labor though I did go out to eat while I was in labor but my contractions were 30 minutes apart at that time, who knows.  

ok new questions -all mothers out there - are you surprised that she birthed a big baby with no drugs at home via the hospital- or was this something any woman could do - because she just used her Bradly class techniques really well - or does it depend on height - this is a question I have - how silly it may be 

Still no name?

In the wise words of my precious blessing, "ugh! Baby seewald! Oh bother! You gotta be kiddin me!" 

(He is a sassy little hooligan and I love him! Even if he was less than excited about that baby.:56247958035f1_32(18):

ok new questions -all mothers out there - are you surprised that she birthed a big baby with no drugs at home via the hospital- or was this something any woman could do - because she just used her Bradly class techniques really well - or does it depend on height - this is a question I have - how silly it may be 

I don't think the size of the baby would be a determining factor...unless s/he got stuck in the birth canal.  Labor hurts.  Pushing hurts.  Pushing the baby out is called "the ring of fire" for a reason.

They've posted a baby album on their website here (theseewaldfamily.com/index.cfm?p=baby-album). 6 pictures - three of just him, one with Ben holding him, one with Grandma Mary holding him, and one with Jim Bob holding him. No Michelle/Michael/Guinn/Jessa.

ETA: Jim Bob is already coordinating outfits with his newest grandson xD

I'm not a mother, but I used to follow a woman (this was back in the livejournal days) who had home births for all her babies. She was a conservative Catholic and wanted like 10+ kids. She was extremely anti-hospital birth. Her babies were all HUGE. They got bigger every time, and she was NOT a large woman, at all. Actually, I think the first was normal, like 8 lbs. Then the second was close to 10 lbs. The third was also around 10 lbs. The fourth was over 11 lbs. I think she's had a couple more since then, and they were both around 10, 10 1/2 lbs. And she gave birth to all of them at home with no pain relief whatsoever. So yeah.

I know a very petite woman who pushed out a 10 lb baby no problem and another friend who's very tall with wide hips needed a section.  Her baby got stuck because of his big head.  It all depends on how wide a woman's pelvis is and that's not necessarily something you can see.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived