IGNORED

Baby Seewald is Here - Details to Follow

happy atheist

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok new questions -all mothers out there - are you surprised that she birthed a big baby with no drugs at home via the hospital- or was this something any woman could do - because she just used her Bradly class techniques really well - or does it depend on height - this is a question I have - how silly it may be 

It doesn't depend on height. I know some short women that have birthed large babies with no problem. I would say it is more to do with your pelvic region and how wide or slender it is, etc.

Jessa may have a lot of damage, but don't know (don't want to know). If she does have a lot of damage, I wonder how that is taken care of, can a midwife (non-certified) sew a woman back up? And are they doing it correctly to minimize bladder leakage?

My first was 8 lbs 1 oz. I had a lot of trauma. My second was 7 lbs 6 oz and I could have started Zumba classes the following week. 3rd baby was 9 lbs 6 oz and she had to come C-section- no way I could have her naturally. So for me an under 8 lb baby would be ideal (no more babies; I don't even have baby envy when my cousins have babies).

*not a medical professional, just mom of 3 with lots of friends that have had babies.

He's got huge cheeks to squeeze!!  First impression of Ben holding his son is he looks scared!!

There's a picture my grandfather took the day I was born of my dad holding me. He looked scared shitless xD Even more so than Bin! So I'm not entirely surprised.

I pushed out a 9lb 5oz-er no problem.  No tearing (just a little road rash the OB called it...) But I've also been told I have an ample pelvic outlet. Depends on the person, baby position/size. Jessa's baby has a nice round head I'm noticing. She must have an ample outlet as well. :my_biggrin:

I'm probably in the minority here, but I don't think it necessarily follows that Jessa wanted to have a homebirth in an effort to upstage Jill. I think Jessa decided that she wanted to have a homebirth early on, and then was simply more fortunate than Jill in that she didn't run into any major complications that involved requiring an ambulance for hospitalization.

The baby's adorable, and I'm glad things went well for Jessa (as far as we know right now), but I think she just lucked into an easier birth experience than Jill, one that she wanted from the start. I can think of ways that both women have appeared to upstage each other in the past, but to me, this ain't it.

There's a picture my grandfather took the day I was born of my dad holding me. He looked scared shitless xD Even more so than Bin! So I'm not entirely surprised.

Me neither, I just visited a friends new baby and the first time dad (mid-30s) was soooo gentle picking his baby up and was apologizing to the little guy the whole time.  They're in for a ride, that's for sure!

They've posted a baby album on their website here (theseewaldfamily.com/index.cfm?p=baby-album). 6 pictures - three of just him, one with Ben holding him, one with Grandma Mary holding him, and one with Jim Bob holding him. No Michelle/Michael/Guinn/Jessa.

ETA: Jim Bob is already coordinating outfits with his newest grandson xD

The firstphoto I saw was with Guinn holding him. Pickles has it on her facebook. There is a JB, Guinn, Ben, and Grandma Mary.

He is absolutely adorable. It looks like he got Jessa's lips. As of now looks like he was blessed to not have the Seewald ears.

Jessa PURPOSELY birthed a baby that was ONE OUNCE bigger than Jill's JUST to upstage her! Can you believe it? What a bitch!!!

I'm probably in the minority here, but I don't think it necessarily follows that Jessa wanted to have a homebirth in an effort to upstage Jill. I think Jessa decided that she wanted to have a homebirth early on, and then was simply more fortunate than Jill in that she didn't run into any major complications that involved requiring an ambulance for hospitalization.

The baby's adorable, and I'm glad things went well for Jessa (as far as we know right now), but I think she just lucked into an easier birth experience than Jill, one that she wanted from the start. I can think of ways that both women have appeared to upstage each other in the past, but to me, this ain't it.

I agree completely.  Some women just have easier births than others and I don't think anything Jessa did was to upstage Jill.

This is my first post ever so I hope I do it right!  He is such a cute little guy but for some reason it's bothering me that they put him in that towel instead of a soft and new little blanket.  Anyway, congrats to Jessa and Ben!

It doesn't depend on height. I know some short women that have birthed large babies with no problem. I would say it is more to do with your pelvic region and how wide or slender it is, etc.

Jessa may have a lot of damage, but don't know (don't want to know). If she does have a lot of damage, I wonder how that is taken care of, can a midwife (non-certified) sew a woman back up? And are they doing it correctly to minimize bladder leakage?

My first was 8 lbs 1 oz. I had a lot of trauma. My second was 7 lbs 6 oz and I could have started Zumba classes the following week. 3rd baby was 9 lbs 6 oz and she had to come C-section- no way I could have her naturally. So for me an under 8 lb baby would be ideal (no more babies; I don't even have baby envy when my cousins have babies).

*not a medical professional, just mom of 3 with lots of friends that have had babies.

i think it's telling that she is not in any of the pictures - and Ben looks scared

and Zumba this morning :D 

For those asking about birthing a big baby. It has a LOT to do with the position of the baby how easily they deliver. A badly positioned 7lb er can be far more problematic than a well positioned 10lb er.

I have delivered many babies (properly trained!) and had 4 of my own :)

Cute baby, healthy looking and robust.  I can't believe there are no pictures of him with Jessa yet ... and he has even been dressed! 

Other observations:  1) Can't wait to see that white couch in their living room in a couple of years.    2) No little kids running around. 

This is my first post ever so I hope I do it right!  He is such a cute little guy but for some reason it's bothering me that they put him in that towel instead of a soft and new little blanket.  Anyway, congrats to Jessa and Ben!

My thought is that it was after a fresh bath. His hair is nice and soft rather than matted down like my baby's was after birth. We waited 24 hr before her first bath.

If I was becoming an aunt for the first time (if I had siblings), I would be excited, too. Granted, me posting about it on my Instagram would garner about 10-20 likes, while Jessica's was bound to garner more.

Yeah, the first time I became an aunt, I was absolutely itching for my brother and his partner to announce it so I could too....and I'm a few years older than Jessica. It IS exciting! 

My thought is that it was after a fresh bath. His hair is nice and soft rather than matted down like my baby's was after birth. We waited 24 hr before her first bath.

You are most likely right about that.  I guess it's just me, but I'd have put him in a cute blankie for pictures instead of that brownish or whatever colored towel. I wish I could stay and read more but work calls.  I'll be back tonight!

I want a photo of Blessa right after birth like we had Jill, not with her hair nicely curled and makeup done.

Something tells me JessaPrincessa won't allow that.

I think it depends on the midwife. In my area, midwives can stitch minor tears to a certain degree depending on the individual's experience and preference. Generally, if anything tears into the rectum, they are sent to the hospital for repair as incorrectly sewing that back up can cause issues later.

I don't think so -- you can see a little blood in his hair/on the towel if you look closely, as well as spattered on the bedspread. I think they just used the towel to rub him down.

I don't think so -- you can see a little blood in his hair/on the towel if you look closely, as well as spattered on the bedspread. I think they just used the towel to rub him down.

i saw that and i am not even a mother 

I like that system. Sometimes you have to see which name sticks. Though I'm personally a fan of the Full Name Ultimatum Test for names: yell the potential full name -- "ISRAEL DAVID DILLARD GET DOWN HERE THIS INSTANT!" -- and see how it flows.

Oh, I thought the name test (or full initials*) was to see if a name rhymed with any dirty words or slurs.  LOL!  I totally did THAT test with my kids' names!

*i.e., Charles Richard Alexander-Porter; Bethany Amanda Rachael Foster <--NOT my kids' names, BTW.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived