IGNORED

Baby Seewald is Here - Details to Follow

happy atheist

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you! I think it's obnoxious that people think they need a pat on the back for having a baby. Big whoop. Happens every day.

As for Jessa having a home birth...I don't think it was to upstage Jill. I think the cheapness of it was a big motivator.

ding ding ding! I am with you Clara! I also think they birth at home because of lack of insurance.

and (to a lesser extent) less people seeing above the knees and below the collarbone. ;)

He's a cutie and looks exactly like Jessa... I wanna know his name now! Ben looks scared:pb_lol:

The picture of Ben with the baby ... maybe he looks a little scared because he just witnessed a birth ... his wife giving birth.  He might be a little white knuckled from that too. 

I like that system. Sometimes you have to see which name sticks. Though I'm personally a fan of the Full Name Ultimatum Test for names: yell the potential full name -- "ISRAEL DAVID DILLARD GET DOWN HERE THIS INSTANT!" -- and see how it flows.

We did that with the second.  The first was sassy as all hell, and it was hard to yell his whole name in a fluid fashion, which happened often.  Lesson learned.  With number two, the "ultimatum test" rolls off the tongue majestically!

Let's all thank GOD that Blessa & Bin had a boy, and that he therefore won't have to be a sistermom to his future siblings. Oh in Jesus' name I pray baby boys over all the fundies! Baby boy for you Jill! And you Jessa! And eventually you, Jinger/Joy/etc! I wish you each a litter of baby boys to all be the "spiritual leaders" for their siblings! Boys everywhere!

Really starting to wonder why there are no photos of Jessa. Either she's taking a rest and then primping (totally legit), or something's gone wrong (really hope not). Though if something had gone wrong, I don't think JB, as smug and insensitive as he is, would have that shit-eating grin on his face.

Has anyone seen the photo collage the crazy fans have already made?

Jim Bob, his mom and baby seewald in a striped onesie, and then there's Dad (Bin).

Hoooooo BOY Ben looks terrrified!!! He was so smug all through the pregnancy with his arm around Jessa and holding her big belly, like LOOK WHAT I MADE.

and now....heh. good luck Benny boy! I personally think it's very irresponsible and regressive to be "taking time off for the new baby coming", but honestly, it looks like he needs it. Personally he doesn't seem like he is mature or capable enough of dealing with both!

The baby is very cute though

Maybe I should rephrase my last comment a little.

Yes, Ben must be quite flustered and overwhelmed witnessing Jessa giving birth...and the shock of the moment. It will take some time to sink in.
However, I guess just looking at that photo and thinking of all the posing they did during pregnancy, it highlights how very young they are, even though I know people the same age who are more educated and experienced in the work force, who don't have a gravy train to cling onto with People magazine articles etc.

I just can't seem to see Ben as much more than a little boy.

Looks like Baby Seewald's first outfit is a hand-me-down from Cousin Izzy...

Does baby seewald already have social media? without a name? and close to 5,000 likes in a short time?

Does baby seewald already have social media? without a name? and close to 5,000 likes in a short time?

Fans have been running Baby Seewald accounts since the pregnancy was announced.

I'm beginning to wonder if Jessica leaking the birth announcement was planned ahead of time by Jessa and Ben.

I after.  I speculated in the previous thread that it was a PR stint to generate sympathy for Jessa.  If more than one person is thinking that...

Now I'm laughing at the thought of the Duggars posting an official proclamation of the baby's birth and name on the gates of the TTH. They could even get some howlers out there to herald the proclamation with their screeching violins.

Perhaps the baby's name is in flux. My parents decided on a first name for me pretty easily, but my middle name was a point of contention. My mom wanted it to be my grandmother's maiden name, and my dad wanted it to be "Augusta" because I was born during the Master Golf Tournament. Fate intervened when General Hospital came on the TV in the hospital room, and thus I got saddled with one of the most stereotypical 80's Valley Girl names for my middle name, after a General Hospital Character.

Perhaps they will!  If it's good enough for royalty, it's probably good enough for the Seewalds.  If someone can Photoshop one of these accordingly, that would be rich!

images.jpg

easel-inline.jpg

Oh, crap.  In Derick's pic the baby looks way more JimBobish!

He looks so bruised and swollen in the picture Derrick posted. Looks like it could have been a rough delivery. I wonder if Jessa is at the hospital currently being stitched up and that's why we aren't seeing pictures of her. A baby that big can do some damage. 

Of all of the cute pictures he could have posted, he chose that one? Jealous much?

To be fair, it could be the only one he was texted. But he had access to the other ones online... still cuter than Izzy though :D 

What's wrong with that picture? All newborns look weird and squished like that. I think it's cute. Why would Derick be jealous? He's probably thinking, "You poor son of a bitch" and praying that Jill isn't about to tell him she has good news.

Good Lord, DerickDillard, why did you choose that picture? Are you trying not to out cute your own mini Jim Bob?

Poor guy looks like he has a cone head in that picture.

Also PervBob holding the baby ruins everything. He just makes my skin crawl.

Yep, she'll be peeing every time she sneezes from here on out. 

That's the thing I don't get about bragging about having a big baby. You are just telling everyone you got your nethers stretched out bigger then everyone else. lol 

Guinn Seewald looks a little terrified. I picture her thinking, how did this happen so quickly? How am I a grandmother, I'm only 40! :my_confused:

Nothing wrong with how the baby looks.  My nephew had that swollen look and that was after a very textbook uncomplicated delivery.  By the next day he was a cutie.  As for something being wrong and Jessa being in hospital needing stitches I think that's unlikely.  She would have gone immediately after birth to get them, not the next morning.  She's probably getting some rest and getting dolled up before official pictures.  

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived