IGNORED

Baby Seewald is Here - Details to Follow

happy atheist

What a wonderful day to come back onto FJ... Jessa and Bin had their Devil Spawn. God help the world for another member of this ever expanding family!

I wonder when Jill will announce pregnancy with number 2?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love how articles are pretty much all featuring the image from Jessica's Instagram post in the absence of a baby photo :D How many new followers do you think she's gonna get out of this? How much hell from Ben and side-eye from Blessa?

I'm guessing a bible name like Isaac, Isaiah, Benjamin, or maliciah. 

I hope it's not Isaac. That's on my (very short) list. Even if I never have another child...I don't want her to use it. Ha!

I really thought they would have a girl!

My top guesses include:
Malachai, Ezra, Silas
Something which includes Benjamin and/or James and/or Michael.
Henry, Elijah, Liam, Hudson, Ethan, Samuel, Logan, Owen, Mitchell, Oliver.

My overall top guesses are:
Oliver Michael James
or
Samuel Benjamin.

Funny about all the rumors...  an 80 hour labor?  I highly doubt it, since a day earlier Jessa had a "happy pic" on her IG eating a treat with Jordyn.  Of course she could have been having contractions of some sort at that time, but I doubt the 80 hour thing.

If it wasn't planned/approved by Jessa & Bin for Jessica Seewald to make the announcement on her IG and on her FB - well - then it was certainly rather rude (I posted my thoughts about that on the Jessa waiting-for-baby thread so won't repeat them here).  But - yeah - very rude and tone-deaf; no congrats to mama and dad just to herself for being an auntie.    

I actually was kind of surprised how at least a corner of the internet blew up with lots of posts quickly over this; on FB, on IG - and yup - I agree with the poster(s) above that this will bring some notoriety/fame to Jessica Seewald.  Just that thought makes me think she ran out and made this announcement all by her lonesome.  

Jessa seems way too organized to have not picked a name in advance and made arrangements for the initial media scoop, and corresponding $$s.  I believe we don't know the name because the media didn't have it when Jessica leaked the news - they needed to hurry to report with what they had.  I'd be impressed if Jessa had asked Jessica to leak it, but it just doesn't make sense to me that she would.

She will be drip-feeding various details out for weeks.  My guess at the timeline: 

1 week until she gives the name (until then a few 'possible options'

2 weeks for how long the birth was and who attended

3 weeks for minimal details about the birth (water birth? hours in labour?)

4 weeks for "and watch it all on our upcoming special"

So now we know why she didn't announce the Jender. Because she was having a boy like Jill. I'm betting if she'd had a girl she would have annoinced the gender during the pregnancy. 

Either way...hope her labor was easy and I am sorry her SIL blabbed before she was ready (if that's what happened). I'd be pissed as hell if my relative announced that kind of news publicly without my permission. Not cool at all. 

The initial People statement was very rushed and late at night. They typically have an entire article with lovely photos posted the next morning. Jessica's post wasn't planned and People scrambled because it was supposed to be their exclusive. I don't really think Jessica posted out of any kind of spite or fame seeking. She probably really didn't think anything of it in her excitement. She really seems to be more on the fringe of the family to me.

Congrats for Blessa that they have had there boy. And good for her for having it in the early hours of my morning :) I just woke up and low an behold she has had her baby. Now I just have to stalk this thread for the details today :my_biggrin:

It might have been planned by Benessa, but I think it was crappy for Jessica to announce before the parents. Oh well, welcome to Duggarville, baby Quincy!

I go to sleep and you have the baby jess... One day before I predicted... well played...

It has taken me an hour to read all of the posts, and all I can say is jessica seewald is Stupid and I like her even less now.

And c'mon, a boy, when I said a girl, on the 5th, when I said the 6th. But well, congrats to the new parents.

Well,  naming him after his zealot grandfathers is out, unless they want 2 michael james grandspawn. They could recycle Jackson's original name, Judah Benjamin and he could be Jud-Ben. God help this child.

While I'm sure Guinn is thrilled, but when they were wedding dress shopping and mullet broke out the "you could be a grandma this time next year", Guinn looked horrified and said something to the effect of let's not rush things.

Thank God, I'm so happy that they did not have him tomorrow because I will get married tomorrow. And yes, I'm on freejinger the day before my wedding...

And: I really was convinced they were having a girl! I'm really surprised it's a boy. Well, congrats to Ben and Jessa.

I for sure thought girl, too. At least both mom and baby are healthy. My guess is Benjamin will be a middle name.

I wonder if Jessica just didn't think her post would blow up like it did, since it would be pretty rotten if she did it on purpose and not just out of absent minded excitement.

I think it is really funny after Jessa tried to upstage Amy's wedding day by posting 100 pictures of her own wedding that same weekend and not even congratulating Amy.  

Yep, Karma's a bitch. Jessa had this one coming. Unless of course Jessa wanted Jessica to pull that stunt.

I for sure thought girl, too. At least both mom and baby are healthy. My guess is Benjamin will be a middle name.

I wonder if Jessica just didn't think her post would blow up like it did, since it would be pretty rotten if she did it on purpose and not just out of absent minded excitement.

The girl had over 10000 followed.  What the fuck did she think that was going to happen? And absent mind ed excitwment would mean a texto to all of her friends saying "OMG I got a nephew wahahahahahhsh"

If she didn't think that this would happen, she is Stupid.  If she did think it, she is an ass. Both things have been previously proven

I think the Jessica post was planned by Jessa and Ben. They are messing with us, again.

Edit: My name guesses now are: BenjERmin as a middle name

Frist name: Elijah, David, Robert

or maybe they are going a bit crazy and get a gender neutral name because that's a thing right now:

Robin, Taylor, Jamie, Dylan , please let it be a gender neutral name!

I can't help but think the general public will care about future kids less than the first. And they didn't even break the story themselves

Snipped.  I agree, but I think it'll take longer than just the first one or two, or even three.  At some point it'll just be assumed they're pregnant, much like Sierra, and their births will get the cover of Merideth's.  They'll drum up some courtships and be rolling in the press, though.

Congrats for Blessa that they have had there boy. And good for her for having it in the early hours of my morning :) I just woke up and low an behold she has had her baby. Now I just have to stalk this thread for the details today :my_biggrin:

It's supper time for me! Definitely convenient. ;)

Well,  naming him after his zealot grandfathers is out, unless they want 2 michael james grandspawn. They could recycle Jackson's original name, Judah Benjamin and he could be Jud-Ben. God help this child.

While I'm sure Guinn is thrilled, but when they were wedding dress shopping and mullet broke out the "you could be a grandma this time next year", Guinn looked horrified and said something to the effect of let's not rush things.

I loved her face when Me-chelle said that to her. I bet is not gonna be a week before good ol Jillymuffin announces her newest bun in the oven. 

Welp, congrats to Jessa and Ben, I guess.  I just hate to see another baby born into fundiedom.  At least he's a boy, so he won't be stuck being a sister-mom and brood mare.  LMFAO at Jessica breaking the news on her IG (although I agree, Jessa and Bin should have been able to announce it first).  Is it my imagination or does Jessica look a bit gothlike (at least from the neck up) in that photo of her, Jessa, and Ben that was posted?

The inquisitor article sources a Facebook comment, but interestingly they say, "One Facebook page, which posts about the Duggar family, is reporting that Jessa was taken to a nearby hospital after an 80 hour labor. So far, that is just a rumor."

Sauce:
http://www.inquisitr.com/2545290/jessa-duggar-gives-birth-to-baby-boy-with-ben-seewald/

It isn't Pickle's page, I just scrolled through the 80 comments there.  Must be buried in the thousands on the Duggar Family Official one.

I find it HILARIOUS that its JOSH that is currently trending on Yahoo right now! Dang Jessa can't catch a break!

Is it odd to anybody else that Jessa wanted to do a home birth in Josh's old house (where Anna gave birth to his kids) after what he did to her? I wouldn't even want to live there, much less welcome a baby inside those walls. Jessa and Ben must have thought about that. I guess a free house is a free house. Plus her father did pay to get it remodeled and remove the mold. Maybe that got some of the Josh ickiness off of it.

Glad the Jessa baby waiting game is over. I thought the baby was going to be a girl until I saw a picture that showed the baby's crib in the background with blue bedding. I want to know the name. I want something random like Apple.      

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived