IGNORED

Jill Duggar Dillard Pt 7 - Y'all Wanna Pay for My Vacation?

happy atheist

Speaking of financial subjects not being in Jilly's wheelhouse, but isn't she the one who could not figure out how to convert the recipe on the rice box to how many servings she needed as it required fractions? Seems like it was the meal she and Jana made for Derrick and there was quite a conversation and lot's of doodling on paper trying to get the ratio of rice to water correct. :cracking-up:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't seen this posted anywhere but it looks like the Dillard's have decided to give back those love offerings if their donors wish and the ministry tab has been taken off their website.

.inquisitr.com/2488527/derick-and-jill-dillard-offer-refunds-to-dillard-family-ministry-supporters-remove-ministry-information-for-website/

I think we have actually had the rice box conversation at least once a month here at FJ since it happened.

Should I just recap how this conversation goes?

1. Jill is stupid because she had a hard time converting the numbers.

2. Does Jill have a learning disability?!

3. Let's not diagnose people.

4. It's probably the crappy homeschool education she received.

5. Homeschooling itself isn't the problem.

6. Her crappy parents are the problem.

7. We forget about this incident.

8. Jill does something of questionable intelligence.

9. Rinse and repeat.

I think we have actually had the rice box conversation at least once a month here at FJ since it happened.

Should I just recap how this conversation goes?

1. Jill is stupid because she had a hard time converting the numbers.

2. Does Jill have a learning disability?!

3. Let's not diagnose people.

4. It's probably the crappy homeschool education she received.

5. Homeschooling itself isn't the problem.

6. Her crappy parents are the problem.

7. We forget about this incident.

8. Jill does something of questionable intelligence.

9. Rinse and repeat.

So True :angry-banghead:

I can see Jill wearing the metaphorical pants in her relationship. She is JB's favorite, she was brought up with a lot of power in her family. She could very well have been behind the missionary idea, or at least the idea for Derrick to quit his job. I can see her 'planning' and later, filling Derrick in. Or maybe she was running the computer when she posted and its his account too, but you can't have your gender as 1 male, 1 female haha. I think Derrick fell into the Duggar's steps and in this scenario, he has less power as he wasn't raised Duggar like Jill.

Haven't seen this posted anywhere but it looks like the Dillard's have decided to give back those love offerings if their donors wish and the ministry tab has been taken off their website.

.inquisitr.com/2488527/derick-and-jill-dillard-offer-refunds-to-dillard-family-ministry-supporters-remove-ministry-information-for-website/

Well this is very interesting. They are indeed wasting people's money and really with the travel back and forth it is too strange. I look forward to seeing what happens next. Oh, well, Jilly will be pregnant, that is one thing that is inevitable.

Speaking of financial subjects not being in Jilly's wheelhouse, but isn't she the one who could not figure out how to convert the recipe on the rice box to how many servings she needed as it required fractions? Seems like it was the meal she and Jana made for Derrick and there was quite a conversation and lot's of doodling on paper trying to get the ratio of rice to water correct. :cracking-up:

Were there two versions of this episode that aired? Because it seems to get talked about here a lot. So I went and watched it a few weeks back and it didn't play out like that at all. There was no talk of converting anything. They were just trying to decide how much rice they needed for the recipe because it wasn't listed. And they were used to cooking in large quantities.

Guess what! The Inquisitr wrote an article with cyber sleuthing NOT done by FJ! They found a post on a Guatemala expat forum asking about moving from Arkansas to Guatemala. The city that poster was looking is Retalhuleu, which has a giant waterpark and, get this, a Walmart superstore. Was it Jill who said she wanted to live in a town with a Walmart or was that Jessa? Anyways, it's a decent article I haven't seen posted yet.

inquisitr.com/2487038/jill-duggar-and-derick-dillard-move-to-retalhuleu-guatemala/

expat-blog.com/forum/profile.php?id=1532829

The profile says that person was born in Mexico and raised in southern CA.

Were there two versions of this episode that aired? Because it seems to get talked about here a lot. So I went and watched it a few weeks back and it didn't play out like that at all. There was no talk of converting anything. They were just trying to decide how much rice they needed for the recipe because it wasn't listed. And they were used to cooking in large quantities.

The episode Race to the Altar on iTunes plays out like this:

b5mOjPr.png

Maybe Derick is experiencing grifter's remorse at this point, hence the offer for refunds of donations made and the urge to make his instagram private.

At the very least, maybe he's just sick of being harassed on instagram and wishes he'd kept his job at Wal-Mart instead of grifting for the glory of God.

Maybe Derick is experiencing grifter's remorse at this point, hence the offer for refunds of donations made and the urge to make his instagram private.

At the very least, maybe he's just sick of being harassed on instagram and wishes he'd kept his job at Wal-Mart instead of grifting for the glory of God.

Its got to be so weird for them to quickly go from having only nice comments to having so many negative ones. I mean, they certainly earned it thanks to their grifting and laziness (same with Benessa) - but still. That kind of turn around has to be pretty disconcerting. Can't say I blame him for going private - I wish the rest of them would for a while too.

I think some people also put too much faith in what is shown on the show. Reality shows really aren't realistic - its entirely possible this was a mini story line TLC or the producers came up with for that specific episode. Same with the whole, "I fell in love via Skype" part where BoobChelle looked so shocked - its far more likely that they knew ahead of time and TLC just decided this would make a more interesting story line.

I think some people also put too much faith in what is shown on the show. Reality shows really aren't realistic - its entirely possible this was a mini story line TLC or the producers came up with for that specific episode. Same with the whole, "I fell in love via Skype" part where BoobChelle looked so shocked - its far more likely that they knew ahead of time and TLC just decided this would make a more interesting story line.

see this is a great question - because if Jill and Derick were skyping with Michelle and JB in earshot - wouldn't they hear everything JIll and Derick were discussing? And of course we are asking what did they discuss? And if Jill fell in love with Derick on screen meaning through skype behind the scenes - would she keep it to herself after skyping with Derek during months or would after every time talking to him via skype with them in the room wouldn't she tell them she was falling in love, unless she just didn't tell them and just processed it herself.

And then bam she went to their bedroom for the in love speech.

We will never know - its a god damn soap opera behind the scenes show :D

At the very least, maybe he's just sick of being harassed on instagram and wishes he'd kept his job at Wal-Mart instead of gifting for the glory of God.

I don't' know what shocks me more - that he actually went private (and btw it won't work because people will just pest them regardless on facebook) - because as a quasi celebrity he needs positive publicity - which I guess going private will enable him to do - or that he wants to give the money back - that shocks me after all the gifting

does he not realize that now that he has agreed to do another show - he is at the mercy of his "fans" not the other way around

he must pout a lot

I generally go by what the Duggar actually says- the words that come out of their mouths. Yes, sometimes, the shows are edited when they are re-aired.

For example, when the teenage Jill was talking about child 15 being a boy and that was OK because then there would be half boys and half girls...in actuality, there were going to be 10 boys and 5 girls.

Jill did try to resurrect herself in the rice episode by mentioning that she did not know how to cook for only 3 people and did not know which pots to use.

Personally, I think she just never followed recipes in Duggarville.

I would hope that he has started to feel remorse! Any hate that he gets on instagram is deserved and I really hope that this giving back donations isn't a way of saving face so that people will watch their specials.

The episode Race to the Altar on iTunes plays out like this:

b5mOjPr.png

Thank you. That is what I saw. I don't know where people are getting all of this stuff about not knowing how to make 3 cups of rice or whatever.

I love this line (quoted in article from the Dillard site)

“It has always been our goal that Jesus Christ might be glorified as we serve others through family ministry, by whatever means that might be.â€

Bolded mine. That's my new go-to answer for everything anyone asks me.

Bottom line is that Jilly doesn't want her headship to work outside the home. And I so totally thought when he went to work for Wal Mart that this would resemble a normal life.

Now they will just be putting on skits and speaking a little Spanish while they serve tator tot casserole to people in the country they ultimately land in.

The way they handled "Dillard Family Ministries" was stupid even for them, and speaks to just how complacent they were regarding public perception. My opinion on ALL religious organizations doing missionary work is decidedly negative, but there all a hell of lot more intelligent and relatively ethical ways of doing it. Starting a non-profit organization that consists of the two to of them? This isn't something they worked their way up to, they didn't spend years in the mission field, they didn't learn the ropes, either on the ground or in the administrative side of things, they didn't make the connections necessary to truly be an independent missionary organization that does...whatever the hell missionaries supposedly do. They just said, "Hey, we want to 'help' people in Central America! Let's start a non-profit for the sole purpose of soliciting donations so we can pay S.O.S to travel with them more often!" They could have saved themselves a world of hurt by simply starting a patreon account and being more upfront about what they were doing. Instead of "Dillard Family Ministries," they could have just said that they wanted to to dedicate more time to going with various organizations to other countries. They probably have/had enough leghumpers that they could have gotten a decent amount of donations. But no, their hubris is such that they invented a non-profit organization with their name and convinced themselves they were actually doing something big.

That's why I'm getting such a kick out of the dismay they must be feeling over the negative responses. Let them learn the hard way to think before the act/grift.

The way they handled "Dillard Family Ministries" was stupid even for them, and speaks to just how complacent they were regarding public perception. My opinion on ALL religious organizations doing missionary work is decidedly negative, but there all a hell of lot more intelligent and relatively ethical ways of doing it. Starting a non-profit organization that consists of the two to of them? This isn't something they worked their way up to, they didn't spend years in the mission field, they didn't learn the ropes, either on the ground or in the administrative side of things, they didn't make the connections necessary to truly be an independent missionary organization that does...whatever the hell missionaries supposedly do. They just said, "Hey, we want to 'help' people in Central America! Let's start a non-profit for the sole purpose of soliciting donations so we can pay S.O.S to travel with them more often!" They could have saved themselves a world of hurt by simply starting a patreon account and being more upfront about what they were doing. Instead of "Dillard Family Ministries," they could have just said that they wanted to to dedicate more time to going with various organizations to other countries. They probably have/had enough leghumpers that they could have gotten a decent amount of donations. But no, their hubris is such that they invented a non-profit organization with their name and convinced themselves they were actually doing something big.

That's why I'm getting such a kick out of the dismay they must be feeling over the negative responses. Let them learn the hard way to think before the act/grift.

But just going on other peoples' missions to learn the ropes and get a feel for the community or working on the admin side for a religious NGO doesn't make for a good TLC special! And it would require actual work! And actually interacting with those heathens in a manner other than just talking at them about Jeebus in a mixture of English and embarrassingly bad Spanish!

Thank you. That is what I saw. I don't know where people are getting all of this stuff about not knowing how to make 3 cups of rice or whatever.

There was a bit more on the episode I saw. Jill was talking about trying to make three servings of Minute Rice for her, Jana, and Derick. Jill stumbles over her tongue trying to get her thoughts out, and Jana quietly moves around and gets the rice cooked.

I have always found their fundraising part of this fiasco quite strange. I think they let people get the impression that they were joining SOS ministries, but the fact that they didn't do their fundraising through them should have been a big red flag for people donating to them. Normally, a missionary that is under an organization raises their support under that ministries 501©3.

But, if they were with SOS then they would have to actually be under someone else's authority (as much as I hate the way SOS operates, they probably would have requirements for the staff and Jill and Derick would not be able to fly all over and leave whenever they want). I really believe that all of the Duggars have a HUGE ego problem and cannot imagine themselves needing to be under anyone else's authority at all (well, except for those poor women who desperately need a headship).

There was a bit more on the episode I saw. Jill was talking about trying to make three servings of Minute Rice for her, Jana, and Derick. Jill stumbles over her tongue trying to get her thoughts out, and Jana quietly moves around and gets the rice cooked.

This screengrab wasn't the part of the episode that shows Jill struggling with math. Like the above poster said, the episode shows Jill holding a box of minute rice and trying to figure out how many cups she would need for three people.

I don't know where it was taken but I have to say it irrationally bothers me how they're still eating right next to each other. They can't go without clinging to each other at every moment even to sit down for lunch.

Jilly gets separation anxiety if she is more than three feet away from her headship. No way he was going to be able to go to work like a regular guy. She put the c in clingy. I love being with my man also, but come on already, we are not literally "one". I wonder if all this togetherness will wear on Derick one day. It may seem cute now, but in five or ten years he'll be clamoring for oxygen! It's a shame when you don't know how to spend time alone.

Jilly gets separation anxiety if she is more than three feet away from her headship. No way he was going to be able to go to work like a regular guy. She put the c in clingy. I love being with my man also, but come on already, we are not literally "one". I wonder if all this togetherness will wear on Derick one day. It may seem cute now, but in five or ten years he'll be clamoring for oxygen! It's a shame when you don't know how to spend time alone.

Yup. Even when he did work she was always up his ass. In her experience no adults work and money just appears.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived