IGNORED

Jill Duggar Dillard Pt 7 - Y'all Wanna Pay for My Vacation?

happy atheist

I've seen commercials for the "dump" recipe cookbook, where you just dump a box of something and a can of something else along with some cut-up meat or fruit into a crockpot or baking dish and then heat for however long. As many people as there are in the Duggar family, I wouldn't be surprised if they took that approach to cooking even before it became more of a mainstream thing.

I can see where any Duggarling who has cooked for their big family might have trouble adjusting after marriage, if they ever used this approach in the past.

Here's the commercials for the dump cookbooks, if anyone wants to have a look. First one is for meals and the second is for desserts:

youtube.com/watch?v=bluob5fc3uI

youtube.com/watch?v=p227z98e66Q

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is so weird because I remember watching that episode and clearly remember her looking at the directions on a box of rice and trying to figure out how much to make. Maybe it was "revised"?

I also remember two episodes when the Duggars were in their prime and DQ was off with the older girls to do a speaking engagement or something like that and Boob said he was babysitting the younger kids. So, Jill probably told Derick that is what he was doing when he watched Izzy b/c that is how Jill was brought up. That her father was a babysitter.

I honestly can't believe that the Dillard's have been prayed over by their church and had a going away party with their fund raisers and yet, are still here in the country. Best missionaries assignment ever!

Yeah that's the thing, how can you be prayed over and have a going away party and then not go anywhere? How can people miss you if you won't go away?

That is so weird because I remember watching that episode and clearly remember her looking at the directions on a box of rice and trying to figure out how much to make. Maybe it was "revised"?

I also remember two episodes when the Duggars were in their prime and DQ was off with the older girls to do a speaking engagement or something like that and Boob said he was babysitting the younger kids. So, Jill probably told Derick that is what he was doing when he watched Izzy b/c that is how Jill was brought up. That her father was a babysitter.

I honestly can't believe that the Dillard's have been prayed over by their church and had a going away party with their fund raisers and yet, are still here in the country. Best missionaries assignment ever!

It is highly possible that the one I have on my DVR was an edited version or something. We know they've done that before (like with the golf course humping.) I'll have to check the record date of mine later to see if it was the original one or not.

Yeah that's the thing, how can you be prayed over and have a going away party and then not go anywhere? How can people miss you if you won't go away?

Their 3 day notice for their party makes no sense if they weren't leaving straight away... could have given people a week or so notice and pushed the date out a little, geesh

Their 3 day notice for their party makes no sense if they weren't leaving straight away... could have given people a week or so notice and pushed the date out a little, geesh

It was done like that for TLC's filming timeline I'm sure.

Is it possible that TLC is going to totally mess up the timeline and pretend that the "thank you fundraisers" party was a going away party that happened BEFORE they went to Central America in July?

I wouldn't put it past TLC to do that kind of mashed up edit.

I wonder if whatever they were going to do in Central America fell through and now they are stuck. Their month in the United States has turned into almost two with no end in sight. Maybe the organization they were going to "work" with is having second thoughts becuase of the negative attention on Jill and Derrick. Maybe with all the fraud allegations floating around the organization is worried that once it is know that Jill and Derrick are "working" with them, donors to the organization may get worried about fraud.

I wonder if whatever they were going to do in Central America fell through and now they are stuck. Their month in the United States has turned into almost two with no end in sight. Maybe the organization they were going to "work" with is having second thoughts becuase of the negative attention on Jill and Derrick. Maybe with all the fraud allegations floating around the organization is worried that once it is know that Jill and Derrick are "working" with them, donors to the organization may get worried about fraud.

More idle speculation: maybe the organization caught wind of them claiming to be missionaries when they were really longer-term equivalents of spring break service trip participants and put things on hold.

It'd be great to get real answers but I doubt we'll be that lucky.

Is it possible that TLC is going to totally mess up the timeline and pretend that the "thank you fundraisers" party was a going away party that happened BEFORE they went to Central America in July?

This is plausible, but if this was true I would hope that Jill and Derrick aren't that stupid to be posting about the party in real time, knowing full well that TLC will change the timeline, thus outing them as liars.

It was done like that for TLC's filming timeline I'm sure.

I wonder if TLC will manage to make it look like a good-sized party crowd. From the pictures we saw, it looked pretty pathetic to me.

I've seen commercials for the "dump" recipe cookbook, where you just dump a box of something and a can of something else along with some cut-up meat or fruit into a crockpot or baking dish and then heat for however long. As many people as there are in the Duggar family, I wouldn't be surprised if they took that approach to cooking even before it became more of a mainstream thing.

I can see where any Duggarling who has cooked for their big family might have trouble adjusting after marriage, if they ever used this approach in the past.

Here's the commercials for the dump cookbooks, if anyone wants to have a look. First one is for meals and the second is for desserts:

youtube.com/watch?v=bluob5fc3uI

youtube.com/watch?v=p227z98e66Q

My boyfriend keeps joking that he's going to buy those for me for my birthday or Christmas. I told him they'd be promptly returned/regifted. I don't like that, and I'm sure as hell not about to start. I can't even imagine eating like that day in and day out. Bleh.

well Derick is teaching James to drive at 14 !!!

the same boy who was doing multiplication tables nine months ago

we know that Derick is still home :D

I follow Derick and can still see all his stuff. He just posted a picture with James, who has apparently just passed his permitted driver test. No explanation of going private.

My boyfriend keeps joking that he's going to buy those for me for my birthday or Christmas. I told him they'd be promptly returned/regifted. I don't like that, and I'm sure as hell not about to start. I can't even imagine eating like that day in and day out. Bleh.

I picked up a ‘Five Ingredient Crock Pot meals’ book only to find that it was all things like condensed soup or boxed mixes as one of the ingredients. It went back on the shelf. :hand: :disgust:

I do remember Jilly showing either a freezer or refrigerator full of food due to the fact she was not used to cooking for so few people. I can understand that line of thinking as I went through it once the kiddos moved out. But, I was left wondering do they not eat leftovers? There was a lot of food that I hope didn't get tossed due to the fact she can't cook for a smaller number of people. We have started automatically freezing half of some of our recipes as we don't want to eat them for a week straight but don't want to toss out perfectly good food. It looked like she had enough to feed her family for a meal in leftovers. On paper plates of course.

I would guess that there are no leftovers in the Duggar house due to the sheer masses they feed. But I would really hope she isn't so slow that she can't figure out leftovers. Lunch for Derrick? Lunch for her? Lunch for her all buddies who came to keep her comfortable while her hubby was away during the day?

I doubt the Duggars would have had any leftover tater tot casserole and chickenetti, which is possibly why Jill struggled with what to do with all her food.

She couldn't use leftovers when she was first married because she wouldn't have anything else to fill her time with. At least now she has Izzy to fill that time while Derrick is at work. Oh wait....I don't understand why she couldn't use simple recipes from Pinterest to make small meals. If I had been Jill, with no job, no baby yet, no school or other responsibilities, hell every meal I made would have been a Pinterest dream. So many beautiful recipes and I have no time to make them.

She couldn't use leftovers when she was first married because she wouldn't have anything else to fill her time with. At least now she has Izzy to fill that time while Derrick is at work. Oh wait....I don't understand why she couldn't use simple recipes from Pinterest to make small meals. If I had been Jill, with no job, no baby yet, no school or other responsibilities, hell every meal I made would have been a Pinterest dream. So many beautiful recipes and I have no time to make them.

It's not a big deal to figure out how to scale down the amount of food you cook. I had 7 siblings and so when I was first cooking, it was for a group of 10. Then when I moved out, it was just me. I don't recall making huge meals every night and having to freeze leftovers. And this was long before there was internet, so I had to figure it out basically on my own. I think my mom might have also given me a cookbook called something like "Cooking for Two."

But the problem they have is the money they already raised. If they do not spend it for the purpose it was raised, ie missionary work, how do they keep their tax exempt status?

Speaking of tax exempt status, JB must be an expert at it. The house is used as a church sometimes so that's tax exempt. As long as he keeps the older kids home, he can claim them as dependents. I came from a small town that bordered on a cluster of old money estates. When the county upped the property taxes, they claimed their estates as "farmland," which was legal even if it just meant 2 or 3 sheep grazing on the front lawn. That might explain the sudden acquisition of farm animals at the Duggar compound. I have serious doubts about the Duggars having any ability to keep those cattle alive.

But the problem they have is the money they already raised. If they do not spend it for the purpose it was raised, ie missionary work, how do they keep their tax exempt status?

since when has that ever stopped a church?

I'm actually hoping they do this. The tabloids would have a field day since each one has pretty much covered all the topics in order and TLC can get called out instead of just the Duggars.

Speaking of tax exempt status, JB must be an expert at it. The house is used as a church sometimes so that's tax exempt. As long as he keeps the older kids home, he can claim them as dependents. I came from a small town that bordered on a cluster of old money estates. When the county upped the property taxes, they claimed their estates as "farmland," which was legal even if it just meant 2 or 3 sheep grazing on the front lawn. That might explain the sudden acquisition of farm animals at the Duggar compound. I have serious doubts about the Duggars having any ability to keep those cattle alive.

The house isn't tax exempt. We've found it on the tax rolls.

I thought they were headed back for more language classes before they went to do any real missionary stuff. But I agree that any organization they were going to work with might have second thoughts.

Best cookery book ever - "One is Fun" by Delia Smith. It's from the 80s and there was a tv show to go with it. Obviously it's geared towards cooking for one but.........here's the maths bit, Jilly Muffin......when there's two of you, you can double the recipe.

Radical.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived