IGNORED

Jill Duggar Dillard Pt 7 - Y'all Wanna Pay for My Vacation?

happy atheist

Kangaroos need Jesus too!

PS If you search Derick Dillard's name on the OSU website, there are several references to him being in the Class of 2011. There is no evidence that he did not earn his degree.

Good to know. As I said, it never occurred to me that he hadn't really graduated until I found out that he hadn't really been appointed a missionary. ;)

My dad was a CPA (in three different states) and the equivalent in two foreign countries. He worked for the "big four" and ended his career as a partner in yet a third foreign country. But his brothers included an accountant and two lesser bookeepers. There is indeed a difference both in preparation and income.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't read anything about them blanket training. But...it wouldn't surprise me. I feel like Jill "wears the pants" and it's something she would do and Derick would likely go along with it.

I think it's disgusting.

I seem to recall that Derrick posted a video (or it could have been a pic with a long caption) a while ago with him and Israel and Izzy's reaction to something wasn't quite right and he said "We have to start training him about that"...

I seem to recall that Derrick posted a video (or it could have been a pic with a long caption) a while ago with him and Israel and Izzy's reaction to something wasn't quite right and he said "We have to start training him about that"...

Derick posted a video three weeks ago of Izzy drinking milk from a bottle like "a big boy" but commented that he gets mad when it's gone and they would have to work on that.

ETA I hope they're not going to start blanket training, but Derick does seem to be drinking the kool-aid himself and, sadly, I wouldn't be surprised. I think it will be done privately though, not publicly discussed.

Derick posted a video three weeks ago of Izzy drinking milk from a bottle like "a big boy" but commented that he gets mad when it's gone and they would have to work on that.

ETA I hope they're not going to start blanket training, but Derick does seem to be drinking the kool-aid himself and, sadly, I wouldn't be surprised. I think it will be done privately though, not publicly discussed.

Thank you for the clarification and correction. I really think that this was the statement that got twisted and carried away with.

...John-David running a prostitution ring ...

I don't know why, but this made me snort Coke out my nose when I read this! :lol:

Thank you for the clarification and correction. I really think that this was the statement that got twisted and carried away with.

I agree. I think "we'll have to work on that" isn't a weird comment at all. Pretty common kind of thing to say actually.

They should both have to get jobs that match their skills sets and stay employed in those jobs for 5 years. There are plenty of idle Duggar hands who could babysit Izzy- We can start with GM Michelle. Time she pays back for all the free childcare she received over the yearsdecades.

Well the girls are doing the job they were trained for making babies. Though the mans job only lasts 20 seconds or so so they have plenty of time to do other work.

Ok this makes sense!! I can see where people would take it out of context. Thanks!

I have no idea what happened to my last post! The quote is off and I can't fix it :( sorry!!

If their Intagram is any indication, their current ministry consists of posing with kangaroos and eating at Subway.

I've been playing a game with photos of fundie meals: paid or played?

Is the logo prominently displayed? Sandwiches posed awkwardly to show the restaurant's name inside the wrapping? Are at least two people beaming over a yet untouched meal as a selfie is taken? Is the company's name stated clearly along with the term "date night" or "lunch with my man"? Then the company has most likely been played. It boggles my mind that some businesses are still comping things for these people; I wouldn't want to be affiliated with them.

If, for example, using the Subway lunch above, the photo doesn't show the logo, and the wrapping, cup and even napkins are placed so the logo is obscured (although there is no mistaking Subway)--the lunch was probably not free, so it was paid, not played. Although one could argue that since the money was grifted from "financial partners", it could possibly be in the played category.

So I was looking over at the IMB at the requirements, and something was niggling in the back of my mind - then I remembered that a local (semi-famous) pastor left recently to be the president of the IMB (David Platt). Once we moved to the area we visited that church (Brook Hills) a few times after he left but they were still looking for a pastor and we found another church.

imb.org/updates/storyview-2080.aspx#.VhhZwRNVikp

ANYWAY, it still weirds me out how all roads end up being connected to Duggar in my Christian odyssey. But I digress...

What I wanted to say about that in particular is that I don't understand why they wouldn't just take the necessary steps to go through the IMB. Why not? They're willing to do language school, and they want as much help as people will give (grifting/charity), why not take the time to do it right and enjoy the full potential of the thing? To half-A something just seems stupid in this case.

Side note: I know it's been confirmed that Cross Church is SBC, but I'll add this link here anyway. You can search the SBC website and find the churches that are affiliated. This doesn't mean the information is always up to date, but if the church is a part of the SBC, it'll likely pop up.

sbc.net/churchsearch/

sbc.net/church/4523-72764/cross-church

*Second side note: I saw some people asking about an IFB overarching community - and as far as I know, the independent means there isn't one. I grew up hardshell Baptist and I know that church isn't affiliated with anyone and the fundie churches I tried in my "odyssey" weren't either. There are sites like the one I've pasted below, but they typically don't list all the options and the none of the churches are created equal. You go to an SBC you'll likely get the same brand with slightly different packaging. IFB churches are dictatorships - the pastor makes up the rules. But even those can vary. Some of the flashier IFB churches want their pastors to be bible college educated with a bible college "PHD," others don't want their pastors to get any education but just get their "preaching from the lord"

Here's one such directory:

fundamental.org/fundamental/churches/

This is pure speculation, and I'm sure we're off the topic now, but do you guys think that Cross Church did the fake "commissioning" dealie for the benefit of the TLC cameras?

Not having a CPA is not a sign that he isn't serious, but I really wonder if he really has an accounting degree or something like an office management degree with a minor in bookeeping. .

Thank you. That was the point that I was trying to make. All you FJ sleuths out there---does he have an accounting degree or a more general degree that would include bookkeeping?

If Ben is planning to "Just preach for the Lord," he's going to need some serious speech therapy, public speaking classes & diction lessons. He mumbles and is a low talker. I can just see him up there mumbling & talking into his shirt collar. He'll never make it. That is probably his biggest hurtle.

If Ben is planning to "Just preach for the Lord," he's going to need some serious speech therapy, public speaking classes & diction lessons. He mumbles and is a low talker. I can just see him up there mumbling & talking into his shirt collar. He'll never make it. That is probably his biggest hurtle.

hurdle*

I agree. I think "we'll have to work on that" isn't a weird comment at all. Pretty common kind of thing to say actually.

It is a very common quote, but who says they need to work on their infant fussing when his milk is gone and he's still hungry? I wouldn't put it past these two to blanket train.

Thank you. That was the point that I was trying to make. All you FJ sleuths out there---does he have an accounting degree or a more general degree that would include bookkeeping?

Considering that is not a degree plan option at Oklahoma State, I am pretty sure he has a degree in accounting. PLUS, he wouldn't be in the audit department at wal-mart with a bookkeeping certificate.

So... Is Derrick reading FJ? Looks like he's showing to us that his fingers are not webbed ;)

instagram.com/p/8qW0XRGCW1yDi9aeeLA3SkIa1VH1Rud_gKOKw0/

So... Is Derrick reading FJ? Looks like he's showing to us that his fingers are not webbed ;)

instagram.com/p/8qW0XRGCW1yDi9aeeLA3SkIa1VH1Rud_gKOKw0/

So...did he make his account private?

So...did he make his account private?

I follow him so perhaps he did in the meantime and I didn't notice because I was already following him. I can make a screenshot.

It is a very common quote, but who says they need to work on their infant fussing when his milk is gone and he's still hungry? I wouldn't put it past these two to blanket train.

When my son was still an infant but older than Izzy, and had transitioned from breast to bottle, my mom and I used to joke that the 5:00 p.m. feeding was the witching hour because he would go from zero to 60 in the blink of an eye. Meaning, he was HUNGRY. FEED ME NOW!

I would be quickly putting his bottle together while my mom carried him and bounced him as he was crying loudly. My only thought on how to "deal with it" was to feed him, ASAP. Babies fuss when they need something. The concept that they need to be trained out of expressing their need is so foreign to me.

I follow him so perhaps he did in the meantime and I didn't notice because I was already following him. I can make a screenshot.

Ok, I tried a couple of times to upload a screenshot but it seems my image is too big. I don't know how to fix this so if anybody else can do it, that would be great!

Edited because I clearly have issues with my keyboardskills.

I don't know why, but this made me snort Coke out my nose when I read this! :lol:

Usually one puts coke up their nose...

Yes yes... I know what you meant.

I don't follow him and I can no longer see anything on his account. Weird! (For a tv personality/reality "star")

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived