IGNORED

Jill Duggar Dillard Pt 7 - Y'all Wanna Pay for My Vacation?

happy atheist

Unfortunately, no matter what, many people will always speculate on pregnancy for the Duggar women. But that's because it's all they seem to care about.

I don't think basing speculation on a bottle is worthwhile at all though. It really means nothing.

I dont think Jill can think for herself, so she is following DQ's rules. DQ says to stop breastfeeding at 6 months because you are pregnant or hope to get pregnant again. So Jill is stopping breastfeeding and I think Jill either is, or hopes to get pregnant again very soon.

Side note: I always thought Michelle was called DQ here because she should be DisQualified from being a mother. I had totally forgotten that she called herself Dairy Queen in an episode with Josie in the hospital.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Michelle's hair is getting totally out of control. It looks like a freaking lion's mane!

I know! It's completely out of control! Soon there will just be hair and that's it!

I know! It's completely out of control! Soon there will just be hair and that's it!

A walking, talking pile of crunchy hair.

A walking, talking pile of crunchy hair.

Cousin Itt from the Adam's Family basically. Except scarier because baby voice! :pink-shock:

Ah, but it's how ol' Jb likes it.

And he has lego hair, so I guess...good hair is not meant to be for the two of them. :lol:

Side note: I always thought Michelle was called DQ here because she should be DisQualified from being a mother. I had totally forgotten that she called herself Dairy Queen in an episode with Josie in the hospital.

Aha! Another reason to call her DQ! Seriously, IMO, it's a valid one.

Has anyone seen Duhricks latest Insta post? He's "babysitting" Israel. I just can't even...

This made me cringe. There are so many men, even non-fundies, who refer to fathering as "babysitting." It just kills me.

I hate to ask but I guess I am missing something. How did the refund of donations come up? Was it from angry comments of friends that had donated to this "non mission" trip and were they posted on the Facebook page? I understand that they have offered the refund but I guess I have missed how it all came about.

Has anyone seen Duhricks latest Insta post? He's "babysitting" Israel. I just can't even...

I saw that earlier today and cringed, too. I'd like to think it was just a poor choice of words like when you mess up something insignificant but then say "oh, duh! I'm so stupid." you don't ACTUALLY believe you're stupid (I hope not), you're just kinda saying it...but with how strictly segregated the gender roles are in their world (and in much of society to this day), you gotta wonder...

Calling it "babysitting" also somehow implies (to me) that he expects to get credit for spending time with his son...you don't get cookies for hanging out with your son. That is your job as a parent, you're SUPPOSED to do that.

This made me cringe. There are so many men, even non-fundies, who refer to fathering as "babysitting." It just kills me.

This is a major pet peeve of mine when people refer to fathers "babysitting" their children, when they're doing what a parent does, not just the mother. It's even worse when men, even non-fundies who say that they're "babysitting" their child while the mother is shopping or doing other stuff. Fatherhood is more than just being a sperm donor, but taking part in raising the child as it's not just the mother who is a parent.

I hate to ask but I guess I am missing something. How did the refund of donations come up? Was it from angry comments of friends that had donated to this "non mission" trip and were they posted on the Facebook page? I understand that they have offered the refund but I guess I have missed how it all came about.

According to Pickles & Hairspray FB, the mention of a refund has always been there on the Dillards' website ever since they started accepting donations. Pickles has a screenshot of their page taken in July as proof.

This is a major pet peeve of mine when people refer to fathers "babysitting" their children, when they're doing what a parent does, not just the mother. It's even worse when men, even non-fundies who say that they're "babysitting" their child while the mother is shopping or doing other stuff. Fatherhood is more than just being a sperm donor, but taking part in raising the child as it's not just the mother who is a parent.

Oh god that's so annoying. People on Facebook "Daddy is babysitting!" No he's not, he's taking care of the child like you do every other day. He should be doing it.

Add me to the list of people who can't stand when father's say they are "babysitting" their own children. That's so messed up. I know a few people who say this. If my husband did, I'd give him a piece of my mind, for sure. It's kind of sad how many dads out there just aren't involved at all. I know a guy with 4 kids who has literally changed about 3 diapers his entire life.

I was on a mommy forum and there was a lady there who talked about how she HAD to leave the kids with her husband (the father) while she ran an errand. When she came back, the baby was in a very soiled diaper because he didn't bother changing it. I don't think he did ANYTHING with the kids while she was gone. I think that may have been the one and only time he was left alone with his own children. I just can't even wrap my head around that.

How many followers did he have the other day when he went private? Was it 785,000? It's 784,000 now. I wonder if people are unfollowing or if he is blocking.

How many followers did he have the other day when he went private? Was it 785,000? It's 784,000 now. I wonder if people are unfollowing or if he is blocking.

Interesting if it was because of bad comments, it could be blocking.

I am not sure if I believe that Jill and Derrick have so many followers. They could be buying followers for all we know. That's what I read that celebs like the Kardashians do. It makes them appear more popular. If you were to investigate their followers, you would see that many are just dummy accounts and that they started following the star at the same time.

This is on my deal breaker list with men. If that is their view on parenting, to me it's a huge red flag. They get maybe one pass on saying it out of ignorance, but other than that, buh bye! Some guys want a medal for spending time with their kids.

My SO refers to it as "daddy duty," rather than babysitting because the father has an obligation to spend time with children he fathered. We had a professor who had a stay at home wife. Whenever he got home from work, the kids were primarily his obligation since she'd had them all day. Seemed like a fair compromise.

Add me to the list of people who can't stand when father's say they are "babysitting" their own children. That's so messed up. I know a few people who say this. If my husband did, I'd give him a piece of my mind, for sure. It's kind of sad how many dads out there just aren't involved at all. I know a guy with 4 kids who has literally changed about 3 diapers his entire life.

I was on a mommy forum and there was a lady there who talked about how she HAD to leave the kids with her husband (the father) while she ran an errand. When she came back, the baby was in a very soiled diaper because he didn't bother changing it. I don't think he did ANYTHING with the kids while she was gone. I think that may have been the one and only time he was left alone with his own children. I just can't even wrap my head around that.

I disagree that you can tell how involved Derick is as a parent just because he had a temporary brain fart and used an incorrect word. How do you know Derick is an absent parent? Actually, considering that him and Jill are usually attached at the hips 24/7, I would think he's probably as much involved in the parenting as his wife. Jill did say that Derick does most of the baby duties minus feeding and honestly, from the photos I've seen, I think Izzy generally looks the happiest when he's with his dad. Derick clearly adores his son IMO. I don't think he was showing off or acting like he deserved some kind of special credit for being a parent. I think Derick posted that pic because for him, it IS special and rare to spend alone time with Izzy without Jill or anyone else around. I'm sure he didn't expect that the mommy police was gonna come after him because he used "babysit" instead of another word.

Add me to the list of people who thinks it's annoying AF when dad's say they're "babysitting." My husband would never say that. I also hate when women act like men are so inept at taking care of children. I got into a massive fight with someone on a mommy board who was asking for advice as to what to add to a "to do" list while her husband "babysat" while she went out shopping. I asked why she's treating him like an idiot when they have a 9 month old who he should already know how to take care of. That didn't go over well.

I wouldn't doubt if Jim Boob bought them followers. Or if they signed up for one of those services where you automatically get them, then just deleted the ones you were supposed to follow back.

I wholeheartedly believe that men should be fully involved with raising and caring for their own children. I would like to assume Derick just had a brain fart, because he does appear to be a really involved parent. I once had that same brain fart and made the mistake of saying a friend's husband was babysitting years ago, I didn't mean it, and it was a genuine slip of the tongue, but oh my God, that friend and another one both gave me ungodly amounts of hell about it, even though I tried to apologize and explain that I didn't mean it like that.

(they also were probably teasing me a bit in turn, so there is that ;) )

We've seen lots of photos where Derick is caring for Izzy, so I'm just going to assume a poor choice of words.

I'm thinking he just didn't realize that people would read into that term so much. At least I really hope that's the case. Especially since neither one of them work right now. They should be splitting childcare 50/50.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived