IGNORED

Jill Duggar Dillard Pt 7 - Y'all Wanna Pay for My Vacation?

happy atheist

I haven't kept up with Jilly Muffin and Dilly Muffin and Duhrick, so sorry if this has been answered. Is Jilly Muffin already weaning Dilly because she wants to pop out another blessing ASAP? The thought of bringing another baby into their crappy lifestyle makes me want to throw up.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aren't the Duggars (and Gothard) Old Testament only people?

As far as I can tell, the Duggars and Gothard pick and choose their way through the Bible so that it confirms what they already think is true. The idea that wealth and fame are signs of their virtue does have some (twisted) connection to the New Testament. I think it goes something like this:

"Jesus said to trust in God to provide. All the good things I got come from God. Since God doesn't give good things to everyone, it must be that I am especially blessed which must mean that I am especially good and beloved by God--probably because I follow God and trust Him better than most people." :roll:

Then there is the idea that God's Chosen will be rewarded, which has (twisted) Old Testament echoes and comes to the Gothardites via Calvinism and the idea of the "elect." Now, as far as I can tell, the Duggars don't believe in predestination or the "elect" but in being Saved by repenting and accepting Jesus (over and over if necessary, it seems). But the idea that worldly success is a hint of God's favor and possible "election" seems to have oozed from Calvinist thought to mainstream Protestantism and American Capitalism.

Gothard and his followers seem also to be inspired by the lovely line in the Sermon on the Mount about lilies of the field that "toil not and do not spin." It's a great line about not wasting all your energies on pursuit of material things but seems to be misinterpreted to mean that you shouldn't work too hard because God will provide all the material things you "need" if you just pray a lot. :pray:

As I said, their reading of the Bible is very "pick and choose." :cray-cray:

I haven't kept up with Jilly Muffin and Dilly Muffin and Duhrick, so sorry if this has been answered. Is Jilly Muffin already weaning Dilly because she wants to pop out another blessing ASAP? The thought of bringing another baby into their crappy lifestyle makes me want to throw up.

Dont forget, Michelle weaned her babies at six months, probably on the dot. Jilly will want to follow in the footsteps of the Almighty Baby Hoarder. She has all the experience with baybeez anyway...

I find it hard to believe that they would leave for SA right before Jessa gives birth, especially since Jill is a midwife now. It would not go over well if they left and then flew back in a few weeks.

TLC has said they will follow how Jill and Derick prepare to be missionaries, not their life as (imaginary) missionaries. So they can come back from language school in a few weeks to be part of the Jessa Birth Special before taking the TLC crew back with them to film the Jill and Derrick and Izzy Prepare to Be Missionaries Special. It's not like when they were pretending to be real missionaries. Now they are pretending I mean now they are preparing to plan future missionary work.

:wink-kitty:

Well..

Her mom weaned at 6 mos- and Jill has said that she has looked to her mom for PG, labor and childcare advice.

We have seen Izzy with a bottle

The Dillards did leave (reportedly) Izzy in AR while they enjoyed a a day at the MO amusement park.

Looks to me that Jill is making the move to a less "on the boob" diet for Izzy.

This screengrab wasn't the part of the episode that shows Jill struggling with math. Like the above poster said, the episode shows Jill holding a box of minute rice and trying to figure out how many cups she would need for three people.

I still have it on my DVR. I'll have to rewatch it because I don't remember that at all.

Possible move to Guatemala?

inquisitr.com/2487038/jill-duggar-and-derick-dillard-move-to-retalhuleu-guatemala/

:shifty-kitty: :shifty-kitty:

expat-blog.com/forum/profile.php?id=1532829

The profile says that person was born in Mexico and raised in southern CA.

My son was formula fed. We definitely had to make sure not to overfeed him. There was a rough amount that he needed per day, based on his age. I know some people are on demand feeders but we were more 'by the clock' feeders (though not super rigid about it.) We learned that if he cried at the end of a bottle, it didn't necessarily mean he was still hungry. We learned this by having him completely spit up the last couple ounces right after drinking it. So giving him more if he cried was not a good idea.

As someone else said, bottle feeding doesn't use as much energy as breast feeding. So yeah...I think they are more likely to overeat.

Let's take a second to let the fact sink in that there's a WALMART, shopping malls, a waterpark, fast food in Retalhuleu Guatemala?!! The Dillards are moving to a place more modern than Tontitown!!!

Classic Missionaries! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have friends who live near there! It may be more modern but its a lot more dangerous. There are gangs everywhere and the police are totally corrupt. You can't let anyone know you have anything of value. My friend has a flip phone for public and doesn't let anyone see she has an iPhone. And she is Guatemalan. I still think it's stupid for someone who comes from a famous, relatively rich family to go to a country where they could be kidnapped for ransom. My friends daughter got dengue fever when visiting (they live in the US) and the granddaughter got hep A. Good luck, Dillards!

Alright. The Dillards returned to Tontitown from Antigua, Guatemala six weeks ago and claimed to want to stay one month, then go back to Central America. Has there been any indication that they have finally gone back? All the photos I've seen have them still in AR.

see this is a great question - because if Jill and Derick were skyping with Michelle and JB in earshot - wouldn't they hear everything JIll and Derick were discussing? And of course we are asking what did they discuss? And if Jill fell in love with Derick on screen meaning through skype behind the scenes - would she keep it to herself after skyping with Derek during months or would after every time talking to him via skype with them in the room wouldn't she tell them she was falling in love, unless she just didn't tell them and just processed it herself.

And then bam she went to their bedroom for the in love speech.

We will never know - its a god damn soap opera behind the scenes show :D

Never know? Of course you know.

It's impossible to believe that the TLC cameras just happened to be in the bedroom at the very moment Jill felt like telling her parents about being in love. And that they all just happened to be miked. And that the camera just happened to be at the right angle. The lighting was set just right. All of that just happened to be there at the very moment Jill felt like confessing. How likely is that?

Here's what happened: The producers said, Let's film a scene where you tell your parents you love Derrick. You stand outside the bedroom and wait for your cue. We've got to get the lighting set up. Michelle, you stand here, no, here. Jim Bob, you sit on the bed.

Maybe their responses weren't scripted, exactly, but everyone knew their role.

Michelle: act surprised

Jim Bob: calmly pleased but questioning

Jill: Yay! I'm in love

Never know? Of course you know.

It's impossible to believe that the TLC cameras just happened to be in the bedroom at the very moment Jill felt like telling her parents about being in love. And that they all just happened to be miked. And that the camera just happened to be at the right angle. The lighting was set just right. All of that just happened to be there at the very moment Jill felt like confessing. How likely is that?

Here's what happened: The producers said, Let's film a scene where you tell your parents you love Derrick. You stand outside the bedroom and wait for your cue. We've got to get the lighting set up. Michelle, you stand here, no, here. Jim Bob, you sit on the bed.

Maybe their responses weren't scripted, exactly, but everyone knew their role.

Michelle: act surprised

Jim Bob: calmly pleased but questioning

Jill: Yay! I'm in love

possible...

OR, Jill told the producers that she had something big to tell her parents, so they set it up for her to do so on camera.. that way they might not have known.

I can see it either way.

So is the speculation about Jill weaning soley based on that video of Isreal drinking from a bottle? I thought it was already pointed out that the bottle he was drinking from was a Medela breast pump bottle. I don't get how drinking breastmilk from a bottle = weaning.

I don't personally know a single breastfeeding mom who doesn't use a breast pump. Not just moms who work outside the home but stay at home moms too. Weaning wouldn't even cross my mind if I saw a breastfed baby drinking from a bottle. Seems completely normal to me.

(I also didn't think the "we'll have to work on that" comment seemed odd at alI. Just a joke.)

So is the speculation about Jill weaning soley based on that video of Isreal drinking from a bottle? I thought it was already pointed out that the bottle he was drinking from was a Medela breast pump bottle. I don't get how drinking breastmilk from a bottle = weaning.

I don't personally know a single breastfeeding mom who doesn't use a breast pump. Not just moms who work outside the home but stay at home moms too. Weaning wouldn't even cross my mind if I saw a breastfed baby drinking from a bottle. Seems completely normal to me.

(I also didn't think the "we'll have to work on that" comment seemed odd at alI. Just a joke.)

Hmmmmm...

Can you then explain the research and all the extended breast feeders who refuse to pump and use cups with children who are still breast fed? Because the reasoning I have seen over and over again is that pumping does not supply the same breast stimulation and provide the same immunologic properties that nursing at the actual breast does-

Since Jill is a recently licensed MW, I'd think she'd be up on all the latest info.

I agree that the entire 'I'm in love with someone I've never met and can I go to Nepal?' scene was set up. Does anyone really think Jill would spring this life altering information/request on her parents on camera? Of course they already knew and no doubt already had their flight to Nepal booked, courtesy of TLC.

Hmmmmm...

Can you then explain the research and all the extended breast feeders who refuse to pump and use cups with children who are still breast fed? Because the reasoning I have seen over and over again is that pumping does not supply the same breast stimulation and provide the same immunologic properties that nursing at the actual breast does-

Since Jill is a recently licensed MW, I'd think she'd be up on all the latest info.

What a bizzare reaction to my post.

I said that the people I know who breastfeed also use a pump. I think this way more common and practical than taking breastfeeding to such an extreme. I know there are people who do that but I don't think that is the norm. The Duggars are certainly extreme in some of their beliefs but they don't strike me as the stereotypical "crunchy" type. I'm not sure where you were going with your comment

possible...

OR, Jill told the producers that she had something big to tell her parents, so they set it up for her to do so on camera.. that way they might not have known.

I can see it either way.

Jill, trained from birth to share every thought with her parents? The known tattle-tale of the bunch? The one incapable of keeping a secret?

Can't imagine her planning to spring that on her parents, especially after JB set them up on Skype in a deliberate move toward courtship.

I said that the people I know who breastfeed also use a pump. I think this way more common and practical than taking breastfeeding to such an extreme. I know there are people who do that but I don't think that is the norm. The Duggars are certainly extreme in some of their beliefs but they don't strike me as the stereotypical "crunchy" type. I'm not sure where you were going with your comment

Just to add: I don't think I really qualify as the norm in most situations, but I breastfed exclusively, no pumps or bottles. I'd read up on BPAs in plastic and completely freaked myself out (I was also terrified of flame retardants in furniture, pillows,and baby sleepers, so I washed the hell out of everything I could and just worried about the sofa, which we couldn't afford to replace). I'd returned from Korea not long before and hadn't been able to find a job, so we lived off my ex's GI Bill while he took classes and I fruitlessly applied for work (I already had a BA and work experience, but I live in a competitive area with few jobs - interviewing while obviously pregnant probably didn't help either). My unemployed period lasted awhile,and when I did find a job, it was online and part time, so I still kept nursing. My mom watched her nearby while I worked, and then she nursed before naps.

So it does happen! Though I may qualify as crunchy, too...and I agree with Sassy that Jill should be up to date on MW information, including breastfeeding and pumping.

Almost all of the women I know who breastfed also pumped. I think that's pretty common these days.

And yeah...I wouldn't call the Duggars crunchy at all. Definitely not Michelle since hasn't she talked about stopping breastfeeding at 6 months? That's definitely on the early end.

Almost all of the women I know who breastfed also pumped. I think that's pretty common these days.

And yeah...I wouldn't call the Duggars crunchy at all. Definitely not Michelle since hasn't she talked about stopping breastfeeding at 6 months? That's definitely on the early end.

Yes, I know very few moms who don't at least pump a little bit. Most moms I know either pump and breastfeed regularly, or pump some, just to have extra milk in the freezer for when they go out or for dad or others to feed the baby. Also, for some it helps keep their milk supply up.

I remember in high school I had this project (I think it came along with the robot baby) where I had to make a budget for having a baby. I went through it with my mum, naturally, and we started arguing about the breast pump. We went back and forth and finally she just said, "Calm down! You're getting a breast pump!" and that settled it.

So, when I had my fake robot baby in high school, I planned to fake breast feed it, and I was also going to fake pump.

possible...

I can see it either way.

Oh gosh Even Nashville Isn't that scripted! ... OT but a certain FJer is in Wed's episode :wink-kitty:

Dillard Ministries makes my teeth hurt. I am glad they are refunding money to those who ask but they can not be up front and honest about what they are doing as well? I don't think they plan to do any "real" mission work more TLC mission trips and photo ops as I just don't see Jilly getting down and dirty on the line to help those in need. I don't believe they will put forth the effort needed to meet the requirements. Most people would have at least started language school before they left and had their finances in line before leaving the country. But they just threw up a donate button and off they went and back they came and off they went and ....

My grandparents were missionaries in Zaire before it became Zaire for 50 years. They left on their honeymoon for the mission field and came home on furlough every 2-3 years if that often. While on furlough, besides visiting family they were expected to visit each church who was funding their mission work. My grandfather was an engineer and helped build both hospitals and churches while there. All their children were born in the mission field and at 14 all children were sent to the States to live with relatives to finish high school and go on to college. They worked long and hard for what they believed and it just chaps my hide what Derrick and Jill are doing as it will have some affect on those who are actually doing mission work. People will think twice before giving money due to those grifters.

Sorry will step down off of my Dillard soapbox now.

I also apologize for bringing up the Jill vs rice incident. I remembered the incident differently and was probably hoping it made Jill look inferior in her math skills. That was my fault.

CM

I take back what I said. Michelle's hair definitely qualifies as crunchy.

Just to clarify, I'm not judging anyone's choices about breast or bottle feeding. I certainly don't qualify as the norm either. I'm at the other extreme. I exclusively pumped because my daughter has a feeding tube and was unable nurse. There are certainty different opinions and approaches to feeding a baby.

The point I was trying to make with my first post has more to do with the speculation bus. A video of Isreal drinking from a bottle turns into suspicions of Jill weaning which in just a few thread pages can easily morph into proven fact that Jill has totally weaned him. Then that obviously means Jill is actively tying to get pregnant which then leads to every photo of Jill in a loose fitting top being proof of a baby bump. And so on.

Unfortunately, no matter what, many people will always speculate on pregnancy for the Duggar women. But that's because it's all they seem to care about.

I don't think basing speculation on a bottle is worthwhile at all though. It really means nothing.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived