IGNORED

Jill Duggar Dillard Pt 7 - Y'all Wanna Pay for My Vacation?

happy atheist

Seriously, though,  they go back home to see family more often than I do, and mine live two hours away by car. 

They may have to go back and be missionaries in their own family. Josh is looking like he could use the prayers! :P 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did they not sell those socket covers that are a bitch to get out(seriously there was one outlet that my husband and I got one in and it was so hard to get out that we just stopped using that outlet) where you lived? Just curious if that is something that isn't available everywhere.

I hit my oldest daughter once when she was a toddler. I felt awful and she was just stunned that I had hit her. 

Emotional abuse can be just as damaging as physical abuse. Parents need to learn how to teach children in a way that doesn't hurt them and, sadly, a lot of times it is hard for parents to learn better methods. Kids shouldn't have to recover from childhood. 

No, not available. We were way out in the middle of nowhere at that time. We used them for our younger kids though. However there are always situations where kIds have to learn to back off for their safety. Unfortunately my toddler was not impressed by verbal warning and the hand slap didn't work either. So we had to be vigilant!

Did they not sell those socket covers that are a bitch to get out(seriously there was one outlet that my husband and I got one in and it was so hard to get out that we just stopped using that outlet) where you lived? Just curious if that is something that isn't available everywhere.

I hit my oldest daughter once when she was a toddler. I felt awful and she was just stunned that I had hit her. 

Emotional abuse can be just as damaging as physical abuse. Parents need to learn how to teach children in a way that doesn't hurt them and, sadly, a lot of times it is hard for parents to learn better methods. Kids shouldn't have to recover from childhood. 

This hit me hard. So important.

Leaving the present discussion for a moment:  how many of us think it's about time for another Dillard family flight back to Arkansas, given the ever-growing Joshly fiasco? You know, they gotta be there to support family, right?  I would LOVE to have their frequent flyer miles.

I'm sure they're trying to last a little longer in Guatemala (that is where they are now, right?) this time just to stick it to their critics. But I predict that they will meet up with the gang of Duggarlings making their annual voluntourism trip to Central America in December and then return back to Arkansas with them before Christmas.

I've already shared how my dad would give us lickings as kids for punishment but that is also how he "trained" our dogs. I remember one time being outside and I could hear the slap he gave our boxer from the backyard when he was in the front yard. And because kids learn from their parents- One time when I was home alone I couldn't get our dog to listen to me and she was just driving me crazy ( I was  teen with no patience and no one showed me how to deal with the dog properly) so I smacked her on the butt. Her ears when down instantly and she cowered. Her deep, sad eyes just burrowed deep into my soul and I saw myself reflected in them. I had never felt so much guilt and disgust in my entire life. That poor dog would cower even if you lifted your hand and had no intention of hitting her. And really she was a very good dog- always stayed in the yard, had a great temperament, and just loved people. She didn't deserve physical punishment. Now I have my own dog (Golden Retriever) and he has only been trained with positive reinforcement and he is just as well behaved as our boxer was. Only he doesn't have any fear of my hand when I raise it. Fear isn't respect. Violence isn't love. 

Charlie eyes.jpg

My parents wanted to be able to use the outlets lol. I would crawl under furniture to get to the outlets if I had to. Plus I don't think those were super common when I was that age.

When I was the same age, I also broke my crib from pulling the dresser on myself and sliced my thumb open with glass so bad I needed stitches. Mom and Dad were as vigilant as they could be, but they couldn't be everywhere all the time. Plus I'm a twin, so there's that extra level of fun.

I've already shared how my dad would give us lickings as kids for punishment but that is also how he "trained" our dogs. I remember one time being outside and I could hear the slap he gave our boxer from the backyard when he was in the front yard. And because kids learn from their parents- One time when I was home alone I couldn't get our dog to listen to me and she was just driving me crazy ( I was  teen with no patience and no one showed me how to deal with the dog properly) so I smacked her on the butt. Her ears when down instantly and she cowered. Her deep, sad eyes just burrowed deep into my soul and I saw myself reflected in them. I had never felt so much guilt and disgust in my entire life. That poor dog would cower even if you lifted your hand and had no intention of hitting her. And really she was a very good dog- always stayed in the yard, had a great temperament, and just loved people. She didn't deserve physical punishment. Now I have my own dog (Golden Retriever) and he has only been trained with positive reinforcement and he is just as well behaved as our boxer was. Only he doesn't have any fear of my hand when I raise it. Fear isn't respect. Violence isn't love. 

Charlie eyes.jpg

what a cutie!!!Also, my baby just took his first steps!

Yep, Radar and Inqstr, you heard it here first, little boom is walking!

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived