IGNORED

Jill Duggar Dillard Pt 7 - Y'all Wanna Pay for My Vacation?

happy atheist

Can anyone tell where that salmon lunch photo was taken? It doesn't look like the kitchen of their old Stony Brook house.

pickles says it's at the mcmansion - which means they are still there in the US - or it's an old picture that Derick just felt like posting

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can anyone tell where that salmon lunch photo was taken? It doesn't look like the kitchen of their old Stony Brook house.

I don't know where it was taken but I have to say it irrationally bothers me how they're still eating right next to each other. They can't go without clinging to each other at every moment even to sit down for lunch.

I've noticed that their instagram comments have been particularly nasty lately. Not necessarily even related to the controversy, just general shitty comments because it's the internet. For example, I saw a comment on the one he posted of the two of them eating lunch saying Jill looks rough. And another saying that his teeth suck now and he should have left them "as God intended". :shock:

Maybe he thinks that making his account private will cut down on trolls. I doubt it will work, though. He's already got nearly 800k followers and I'm SURE there are plenty of crazies in there.

I've noticed that their instagram comments have been particularly nasty lately. Not necessarily even related to the controversy, just general shitty comments because it's the internet. For example, I saw a comment on the one he posted of the two of them eating lunch saying Jill looks rough. And another saying that his teeth suck now and he should have left them "as God intended". :shock:

Maybe he thinks that making his account private will cut down on trolls. I doubt it will work, though. He's already got nearly 800k followers and I'm SURE there are plenty of crazies in there.

I have to wonder if that's why he's looking gaunt lately. Jill has been sheltered to the max her whole life and now she has this very public insta that is getting horrible comments every day. I'm sure it takes a toll on both of them, but I'm also sure she probably goes to him for help/reassurance/prayers/guidance when things get super shitty and that has to be draining.

Pickles claimed it is the SB house, I wholeheartedly disagree.

Photo in question:

TUqXB6c.png

SB table: instagram.com/p/0jP9IfAJoF/?taken-by=ben_seewald

The infamous video can be found here if you don't want to or can't follow Derrick:

websta.me/p/1093021949438953474_1551765225

Yeah, doesn't look like the SB house at all. Though it is a big house so it's definitely possible another room as a table. But I don't think it's the same house. Doesn't look like Jessa's house either. Maybe it's the Duggar guest house.

I'm really struggling with why he made his account private and not Jill's. If he made it private to avoid negative comments, I don't understand why he wouldn't want to protect Jilly? Her Instagram account is still public, she has 1.5 mil followers and she's getting plenty of negative comments.

So what do we know about Derrick's accounting degree, before we give him too much credit for being smarter than a Duggar.

--It was from a major accredited university

That's it. We don't know if he barely passed because his roommate helped study.

We do know that he doesn't have his CPA, which would have been the usual path for someone seriously persuing accounting as a vocation. In fact, other than Duggar-lore and a job with Walmart, do we know that he has an accounting degree or bookkeeping skills (vastly different things).

Just curious.

If he does have a solid accounting degree, than he needs to stop drinking the kool-aid and put it to work.

In defense of not having a CPA, you do have to have a Masters in Accounting to sit for the CPA exam, in Oklahoma and Arkansas, as well as most other states.

In defense of not having a CPA, you do have to have a Masters in Accounting to sit for the CPA exam, in Oklahoma and Arkansas, as well as most other states.

It's not the lack of a CPA that is bothersome...it's the fact that he, like every other member of that family, does not have a job.

Maybe Jill has to keep a social media presence per TLC?

Since the specials have been announced to focus on her, would Derrick be excluded from such a contractual obligation?

In the last thread of this series, someone asked if the IMB had given confirmation that Derrick had worked for them in their Journeyman program when he was single.

I would be extremely surprised if the International Board of the Southern Baptist Convention released this information. If he could only get into Nepal on, what was it--a worker's visa?, then that is probably a sensitive zone the IMB wishes to handle discreetly, for the safety of their missionaries.

Personally, I have no trouble believing him when he answered me affirmatively on Twitter about having been a Journeyman. Aside from the Peace Corps and the LDS, I'm not very familiar with other programs, two years in length, that send qualified college grads from the U.S. to other countries. If we happened to know anyone who went through training in his group before he left, they might be able to confirm it.

Fidesco does. I don't know that they require you to be a college grad, but you do have to be qualified and jump through some hoops to do it.

Oklahoma. He was the mascot. I don't think he could have faked being Pistol Pete. That would be a pretty elaborate conspiracy. :lol:

Oklahoma State, actually.

Oklahoma State, actually.

Sorry I wasn't clear, but that's what I meant by Oklahoma.

Sorry I wasn't clear, but that's what I meant by Oklahoma.

:penguin-no: :penguin-no: WHOA!!! So NOT the same thing! :penguin-no: :penguin-no:

They are rivals. Just like every other university vs state university!

No you don't. To sit for the exam in Arkansas you need:

- 120 credit hours (aka. A Bachelors)

- 30 of those credits must be upper level credit hours in Accounting (usually a Masters; but not necessarily)

- 30 of those credits needed for a Bachelors must be in Business courses other than Accounting.

- 150 hours needed for licensure, but only 120 needed to sit for the exam. Many people pursue their Masters because it makes more sense, but some people just take extra undergrad courses.

- Applicants have 3 years after passing all four parts of the exam to earn the 30 extra credit hours.

Sources: .arkansas.gov/asbpa/CPAExam-New.html#xl_xr_page_examination

.becker.com/cpa-review/resources/about-exam/requirements/arkansas-cpa-exam-requirements

It is likely that Derick would need a certain amount of work experience under the direct supervision of a CPA as well - my fiancé needed two years to qualify in our state (luckily, he hit that mark while he was finishing the other requirements.) As he is no longer gainfully employed under the supervision of a CPA (at least as far as we know) it probably wouldn't make sense for him to pursue that career path at the moment.

No you don't. To sit for the exam in Arkansas you need:

- 120 credit hours (aka. A Bachelors)

- 30 of those credits must be upper level credit hours in Accounting (usually a Masters; but not necessarily)

- 30 of those credits needed for a Bachelors must be in Business courses other than Accounting.

- 150 hours needed for licensure, but only 120 needed to sit for the exam. Many people pursue their Masters because it makes more sense, but some people just take extra undergrad courses.

- Applicants have 3 years after passing all four parts of the exam to earn the 30 extra credit hours.

Sources: .arkansas.gov/asbpa/CPAExam-New.html#xl_xr_page_examination

.becker.com/cpa-review/resources/about-exam/requirements/arkansas-cpa-exam-requirements

It is likely that Derick would need a certain amount of work experience under the direct supervision of a CPA as well - my fiancé needed two years to qualify in our state (luckily, he hit that mark while he was finishing the other requirements.) As he is no longer gainfully employed under the supervision of a CPA (at least as far as we know) it probably wouldn't make sense for him to pursue that career path at the moment.

Then it has changed, for a while many states were requiring a Masters to become a licensed CPA. I worked for a major corp for 6 years in the Accounting dept, and that was all the talk at the time. I left a little over 3 year ago so it obviously changed. :)

Then it has changed, for a while many states were requiring a Masters to become a licensed CPA. I worked for a major corp for 6 years in the Accounting dept, and that was all the talk at the time. I left a little over 3 year ago so it obviously changed. :)

You still need the 30 extra hours to be licensed- but you don't need them to take the exam itself. You just need them when you submit your application for your license with the state board. And they don't specifically state you need a Masters either; it makes more sense to get one since most Master's degrees are about 30 credits, but you don't need to as long as you have those 30 extra upper level Accounting courses.

:D

:penguin-no: :penguin-no: WHOA!!! So NOT the same thing! :penguin-no: :penguin-no:

They are rivals. Just like every other university vs state university!

Please accept my most humble apologies for not being perfectly versed in the intricacies of American state vs. non-state universities.

Guess what! The Inquisitr wrote an article with cyber sleuthing NOT done by FJ! They found a post on a Guatemala expat forum asking about moving from Arkansas to Guatemala. The city that poster was looking is Retalhuleu, which has a giant waterpark and, get this, a Walmart superstore. Was it Jill who said she wanted to live in a town with a Walmart or was that Jessa? Anyways, it's a decent article I haven't seen posted yet.

inquisitr.com/2487038/jill-duggar-and-derick-dillard-move-to-retalhuleu-guatemala/

I think Derrick will avoid working a real job as long as he can. Even when there are no more specials I am sure he and Jill will try to do more speaking tours about their about their Godly marriage until the interest runs out. So, about two years from now. Then Derrick will find some way to work for Jim Bob because the longer you are away from a structure of real work the harder it is to go back to a regular 9 to 5. Especially when you have a wife that doesn't understand that normal people survive on real jobs, not reality tv. It's also hard to go from semi-famous on TV to being one of the cogs in some company's machine.

Was it Jill who said she wanted to live in a town with a Walmart or was that Jessa?

It was Jinger and J'Chelle said it.

From that Inquisitor article:

First of all, notice that the word, Retalhuleu, is misspelled in the post. The poster identifies as female. She says she is from Springdale, Arkansas. Jill has lived her entire life in the Springdale area. The post was dated July 22, which was a week before the Dillard’s first tour ended on August 2 and their flight back to the States. The poster seems to be clueless about what she is doing, doesn’t appear to have done her research, and has scheduled a move without so much as verifying how much the move will cost. Does this sound like something Jill would do/write? You be the judge.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, I have actual tears rolling done my cheeks from laughing so hard.

From that Inquisitor article:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, I have actual tears rolling done my cheeks from laughing so hard.

As much as I want this to be real... why would Jill be the one posting and not her awesome headship? These financial things are too complicated for Jillymuffin to worry her pretty little head about!

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived