IGNORED

Jill Duggar Dillard Pt 7 - Y'all Wanna Pay for My Vacation?

happy atheist

*not associated with the International Mission Board is our newest post count title! :shifty-kitty:

:cracking-up: SWEET!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what do we know about Derrick's accounting degree, before we give him too much credit for being smarter than a Duggar.

--It was from a major accredited university

That's it. We don't know if he barely passed because his roommate helped study.

We do know that he doesn't have his CPA, which would have been the usual path for someone seriously persuing accounting as a vocation. In fact, other than Duggar-lore and a job with Walmart, do we know that he has an accounting degree or bookkeeping skills (vastly different things).

Just curious.

If he does have a solid accounting degree, than he needs to stop drinking the kool-aid and put it to work.

"Jill Duggar Dillard Pt 7 - Y'all Wanna Pay for My Vacation?"

NO!

(Sorry. I just had to answer that question.)

Subway is pretty global. I remember going and getting a turkey sub from a Subway in Hong Kong just to see if it tasted any different (and in the particular area where I happened to be, it was the cheapest restaurant and I didn't feel like hauling ass back to the street near my hotel to go find a cheaper place). I also know that they have a Subway at the main US army base in Afghanistan.

And a quick Google search reveals that Subway has 55 locations in Guatemala. And interestingly enough, 655 locations in Russia.

All the paper products in that photo are in English, so I am guessing that picture was taken state side. The question is, when was that photo taken? :P

So what do we know about Derrick's accounting degree, before we give him too much credit for being smarter than a Duggar.

We do know that he doesn't have his CPA, which would have been the usual path for someone seriously persuing accounting as a vocation. In fact, other than Duggar-lore and a job with Walmart, do we know that he has an accounting degree or bookkeeping skills (vastly different things).

Just curious.

If he does have a solid accounting degree, than he needs to stop drinking the kool-aid and put it to work.

He was attending OSU on a scholarship that required maintaining a B average- I think Derick actually stated this in one of the episode... Maybe the epi about finances and not borrowing money. IIRC, JB asked Derick about student debt and Derick spoke about his academic scholarship.

So have they actually left the U.S. again? I wasn't quite sure.

If their Intagram is any indication, their current ministry consists of posing with kangaroos and eating at Subway.

Just curious.

Even without knowing the upper level electives he took in his major he definitely took (and passed) business ethics, income tax auditing, and auditing (financial). Business ethics would have been general but he couldn't have gotten through the auditing classes without understanding GAAP as it applies to reporting requirements and fraud. Not to mention this would have been touched on in both financial and even more in managerial accounting. Even if not specifically about playing make believe missionary he has enough education to know that if he's not damn sure he's got his i's dotted and t's crossed he sure as shit should be paying someone to advise them. Source: not an accountant, but I've taken all of those courses with the exception of income tax auditing and am a member of a major professional org relating to financial auditors due to my checkered career past.

I wouldn't give a pass to financial fraud due to the upbringing, but he definitely cannot plead ignorance on this.

I do disagree with you on the bolded, though. About 34% of working accountants are CPAs. Per the department of labor there are >1.8 million degreed accountants and slightly > 645K are CPAs.

The vast majority of accountants don't work for the big four or are even in public accounting. You can earn a decent living with an accounting degree with no desire to go the CPA route.

Nothing wrong with it, I personally know more far more CPAs than the average bear (due to work and my personal circle - I like how accoutants party) and many of them are in jobs where it isn't even required.

Just curious.

Forgive my ignorance, I'm sure I have seen it somewhere, but I forget-which major accredited university? What school did he go to and is his degree really in accounting? After the lie about the mission, I think any claims Derrick makes or made in the past need to be checked.

Not having a CPA is not a sign that he isn't serious, but I really wonder if he really has an accounting degree or something like an office management degree with a minor in bookeeping.

--

Edited to clarify.

Forgive my ignorance, I'm sure I have seen it somewhere, but I forget-which major accredited university? What school did he go to and his degree really in accounting or did he just minor in accounting while his degree is really in office management or something like that? After the lie about the mission, I think any claims Derrick makes or made in the past need to be checked.

Oklahoma. He was the mascot. I don't think he could have faked being Pistol Pete. That would be a pretty elaborate conspiracy. :lol:

The Dillards ought to be investigated for fraud and ought to serve some jail time.

Better to just make them serve the homeless for a month I doubt they could take it.

Better to just make them serve the homeless for a month I doubt they could take it.

They should do it in their own hometown....and they should be champions in their county for this by now. WHUT?! They aren't?! Or are they .... and I missed something?!

Oklahoma. He was the mascot. I don't think he could have faked being Pistol Pete. That would be a pretty elaborate conspiracy. :lol:

It think it was Oklahoma State in Stillwater. As The Underground Guide to the College of Your Choice said about OSU "From Stillwater come still minds." Leave it to Derick for proving what that book said more than 40 years ago.

It think it was Oklahoma State in Stillwater. As The Underground Guide to the College of Your Choice said about OSU "From Stillwater come still minds." Leave it to Derick for proving what that book said more than 40 years ago.

Oklahoma State is a perfectly fine college. I went there, and I even have an accounting degree just like him. It is no different than any other college. Strange/indoctrinated/gullible people come from all kinds of colleges. We also have perfectly normal people that have come out of Oklahoma State. I would say it is "sad" for the school that he happen to go there.

With that... GO POKES!!!

Yeah, but did he really have an accounting degree and did he really graduate?

I don't mean did he walk at graduation; did he get a degree? ost people don't know that in a lot of the big state schools you can get on the list for May graduation even if you won't finish your coursework until the first summer session ends. And even fewer know that some percentage of the kids who walk in graduation never actually get their degrees. They fail one or more classes in their senior year and never successfully retake them. Many of them fail to let family and friends know that in fact they don't have the degree. Derrick could have done something like this.

I never questioned the accounting degree that was always mentioned with Derrick until the recent thing about the mission. If he can pretend he's a real missionary, maybe he's pretending to be a real college graduate; or maybe he graduated but not really as an accounting degree...

Just wondering... :wink-kitty:

Yeah, but did he really have an accounting degree and did he really graduate?

I don't mean did he walk at graduation; did he get a degree? ost people don't know that in a lot of the big state schools you can get on the list for May graduation even if you won't finish your coursework until the first summer session ends. And even fewer know that some percentage of the kids who walk in graduation never actually get their degrees. They fail one or more classes in their senior year and never successfully retake them. Many of them fail to let family and friends know that in fact they don't have the degree. Derrick could have done something like this.

I never questioned the accounting degree that was always mentioned with Derrick until the recent thing about the mission. If he can pretend he's a real missionary, maybe he's pretending to be a real college graduate; or maybe he graduated but not really as an accounting degree...

Just wondering... :wink-kitty:

I highly doubt he would have gotten a job with wal-mart if his degree didn't actually get completed. Major companies like that usually require transcripts.

The Dillards ought to be investigated for fraud and ought to serve some jail time.

I think there's a certain amount of "donor beware", how naive are the people who are donating them? Also I would like to see investigations go for a bigger fish, maybe like start taxing scient * ology, I split up their name because, well, they scare me.

Jimmy B seems like he has corporations, or LLC's for everything, I think the Dullards know exactly what they are doing. They will have a big line item for missionaries salary on the financial statement and call it good.

I highly doubt he would have gotten a job with wal-mart if his degree didn't actually get completed. Major companies like that usually require transcripts.

Depends on the job they are doing, doesn't it? My daughter was not asked for a transcript when she applied for and got a job at the "home office" of a major retailer. They asked for a college degree, but they didn't ask for proof.

But maybe the accounting department at Walmart is more cautious.

Depends on the job they are doing, doesn't it? My daughter was not asked for a transcript when she applied for and got a job at the "home office" of a major retailer. They asked for a college degree, but they didn't ask for proof.

From everything I read he was in Audit, which requires a degree. Accounting positions that don't necessarily require a degree are AP or AR Clerks, as those are essentially data entry only. Companies that don't ask for transcripts from someone with little work experience is just asking for trouble.

I don't know what happened to Derick, but ever since he became a Duggar he looks absolutely terrible all of the time. He looked so much better in Nepal! I know he did that whole palate surgery (which still confuses me as to why he did that) but my goodness, I just want to see that guy looking normal again. His life has been complete chaos ever since he met Jill. I can't help but wonder how Cathy feels about all of this.

I don't think any of my jobs have ever asked for transcripts, but it's pretty easy to run some background checks (or even just Googling) and figure out if someone went to and graduated from the school they said they did. Some people can get away with lying about their education for a little while, but you'll get found out pretty damn quickly these days.

I don't know what happened to Derick, but ever since he became a Duggar he looks absolutely terrible all of the time. He looked so much better in Nepal! I know he did that whole palate surgery (which still confuses me as to why he did that) but my goodness, I just want to see that guy looking normal again. His life has been complete chaos ever since he met Jill. I can't help but wonder how Cathy feels about all of this.

In all honesty probably a bit helpless

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived