IGNORED

Jill Duggar Dillard Pt 7 - Y'all Wanna Pay for My Vacation?

happy atheist

we could fill up a room full of people for a support group of people who thought Derrick was Jilly Muffins ticket out of that family. we could all drink wine and bemoan how pickled through with kool-aid Derrick is.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Possible move to Guatemala?

inquisitr.com/2487038/jill-duggar-and-derick-dillard-move-to-retalhuleu-guatemala/

:shifty-kitty: :shifty-kitty:

Yup. Even when he did work she was always up his ass. In her experience no adults work and money just appears.

He would have got fired anyway with her calling and showing up all the time, lol! Why are they so allergic to regular employment? The Jilly and Jessa show is a direct result of the Duggar refusal to work for money like everybody else. Just live and get paid for letting cameras follow us for a few hours. I will not even hate watch that crap.

Possible move to Guatemala?

inquisitr.com/2487038/jill-duggar-and-derick-dillard-move-to-retalhuleu-guatemala/

:shifty-kitty: :shifty-kitty:

interesting, they've done some leg work on that, even though it is still speculation

interesting, they've done some leg work on that, even though it is still speculation

What's the big interest with South America? Is it a common missionary spot to begin with? Whether they're trying to move or were just trying to score some cash by spending time there...what's the pull? I don't quite get a southern raised country girl being attracted to it... I guess I'm just searching for the agenda. There's tons of places they could have gone if they were wanting to do some good, or even if all they wanted was copious amounts of cash.

Or is this Derick...is he fascinated with the exotic...and S. Am. is closer and a little cheaper than Nepal...?

I think it's interesting they are offering to give back te money rather than provide disclosure. The ones that are frustrated will get their money back but the true leg humpers won't demand disclosure so they may avoid it altogether. Frustrating.

Their attitude toward regular employment makes me think they are averse to paying Federal income tax. (isn't an associate of Jim Bob an anti-taxer?) If you don't pay Federal income tax, how do you contribute to social security and Medicare? Tax pros on the Board, how does that work? I wonder how many of their adult children actually make enough to pay taxes. Are any of the adult children gainfully employed on a full-time basis? In the real world, if you had a bunch of adult children who did not have jobs, it would be very strange.

Let's take a second to let the fact sink in that there's a WALMART, shopping malls, a waterpark, fast food in Retalhuleu Guatemala?!! The Dillards are moving to a place more modern than Tontitown!!!

Classic Missionaries! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Their attitude toward regular employment makes me think they are averse to paying Federal income tax. (isn't an associate of Jim Bob an anti-taxer?) If you don't pay Federal income tax, how do you contribute to social security and Medicare? Tax pros on the Board, how does that work? I wonder how many of their adult children actually make enough to pay taxes. Are any of the adult children gainfully employed on a full-time basis? In the real world, if you had a bunch of adult children who did not have jobs, it would be very strange.

JD supposedly works for himself but is also listed as a constable...he may pay some taxes. If he follows Big Daddy's example with self-employment, he might pay just enough on the one job to keep the fed from digging too hard into any other ventures he has. Jet fuel isn't cheap and he flies that plane around like it's a Honda Civic, he's got money coming in somewhere. Don't the younger boys "work" for the real estate business? Cash money paid by JB. If they were legal employees JB would have to file taxes on them through the business.

You can opt out of SS, the Amish don't pay in, therefore can't (won't) take from it. Whatever you don't pay into, you don't utilize later.

The way they handled "Dillard Family Ministries" was stupid even for them, and speaks to just how complacent they were regarding public perception. My opinion on ALL religious organizations doing missionary work is decidedly negative, but there all a hell of lot more intelligent and relatively ethical ways of doing it. Starting a non-profit organization that consists of the two to of them? This isn't something they worked their way up to, they didn't spend years in the mission field, they didn't learn the ropes, either on the ground or in the administrative side of things, they didn't make the connections necessary to truly be an independent missionary organization that does...whatever the hell missionaries supposedly do. They just said, "Hey, we want to 'help' people in Central America! Let's start a non-profit for the sole purpose of soliciting donations so we can pay S.O.S to travel with them more often!" They could have saved themselves a world of hurt by simply starting a patreon account and being more upfront about what they were doing. Instead of "Dillard Family Ministries," they could have just said that they wanted to to dedicate more time to going with various organizations to other countries. They probably have/had enough leghumpers that they could have gotten a decent amount of donations. But no, their hubris is such that they invented a non-profit organization with their name and convinced themselves they were actually doing something big.

That's why I'm getting such a kick out of the dismay they must be feeling over the negative responses. Let them learn the hard way to think before the act/grift.

My guess is that Dillard Family Ministries was created under the stress of the Molestation Scandal and TLC stopping the show. They didn't think things through or package the grifting properly because they were in shock about how quickly they had gone from being part of a model Christian family to a members of a family whose dirty secret was causing everyone to look oddly at them. I think going on a Christian Mission was a way to try to recover that glow of feeling like an example and guide to others. I suspect the request for donations for their ministry may have been their way to be reassured that they are especially blessed by God. It seems to me that Jill and the other young Duggars see money and other gifts as a sign that God is happy with them.

Faced with the possibility that TLC might not want to film the story of "The Dillards become missionaries" as was originally planned, Jill may have impulsively decided to go on the mission without TLC helping plan and arrange. From what people have said here I gather that Derrick's earlier missionary experience was the informal "wandering around bearing witness to the Lord," that didn't require much planning. So they probably set out thinking they would start with SOS ministries and then find something else to do, and hoping that TLC would notice the interest among fans. They didn't think of little things like visas and how Jill would miss her family or how no real missionary group was going to want them around to do nothing much more than bear witness to the Lord.

I also don't think that they planned to come back so soon and so often. The behavior of Joy and some of the others in the goodbye video made it seem that most of the family didn't expect to see them again for several months. I suspect things didn't turn out the way they expected. I will bet anything that when they started looking for long term mission work they were told that they needed to learn the language and have a lot more to offer than patronage and talk about Jesus. So they went to language school and Jill stirred herself to take the midwife certificate exam. And since there were things happening i. the US, such as family weddings and TLC specials, they ended up coming back a lot more than they thought they would.

Through this all, I bet it never occurred to them that they had a responsibility to those who contributed to their alleged missionary work. (You mean it wasn't all gifts for them to do what they wanted with?).

Definitely it is a good thing that they are getting some reality checks. The pity is that with the upcoming TLC specials, they may not get enough of a reality check.

--

edited for typos

What's the big interest with South America? Is it a common missionary spot to begin with? Whether they're trying to move or were just trying to score some cash by spending time there...what's the pull? I don't quite get a southern raised country girl being attracted to it... I guess I'm just searching for the agenda. There's tons of places they could have gone if they were wanting to do some good, or even if all they wanted was copious amounts of cash.

Or is this Derick...is he fascinated with the exotic...and S. Am. is closer and a little cheaper than Nepal...?

Guatemala is in Central America.

They like Central America for missions because it is only a few hours away by plane (as you point out) and though some areas are still "developing," in the cities you can get pretty much all the little conveniences that Americans like to enjoy.

Also, though there may be gang wars, when you try to convert Christians to Christianity you are not at risk of being killed by Islamic terrorists who don't want Christian conversations in "their" sphere of influence.

I think you may be onto something, emmalyn. A lot of Jill's exposure to "missionary" work was done through TLC/Gothard, which were little more than missionary vacations where she was mainly there for TV/publicity and probably not expected to do any "hard lifting". I wouldn't be shocked if that's what she thought missionary work was: just go places and "inspire" people, maybe help with some babies, but mostly just talk and give interviews to US Media about her "work".

This is a woman who was raised to believe that her being on TV was God's calling for her and the way He intended for them to "minister" to the world. This is a woman who believes that announcing her pregnancy early in People mag is a way to show the world how much she believes in life from conception. Jill was isolated from the "real world", first by her parents and then by TLC. I think she probably has a very warped view of how the world works because she's never had any genuine experience in it.

So is making fun of them physically the Duggars Kryptonite? Will they all flounce if they do that?

I mean, we have been making fun of their hair, Michelle's most specifically, since the day they came on the scene!!! Usually I'd be all for a parent making their social media private for their kid's sake, but in this case I highly, highly doubt Derick gives one shit about Izzy's privacy, if he can make a buck off him publicly.

I'm not a parent but in my personal experience with cousins/friends babies/so on and so forth, isn't "working on it" usually used with older kids? Like toddlers? When they can actually somewhat grasp the situation? I don't know!

To me, a baby cries at something completely developmentally appropriate, the parent jokingly says "we'll work on that!" as a joke. I have no doubt they'll do some completely shitty discipline thing like blanket training, but unless Derrick said this with anger in his voice, it sounds totally normal to me and doesn't mean anything.

My guess is that Dillard Family Ministries was created under the stress of the Molestation Scandal and TLC stopping the show. They didn't think things through or package the grifting properly because they were in shock about how quickly they had gone from being part of a model Christian family to a members of a family whose dirty secret was causing everyone to look oddly at them. I think going on a Christian Mission was a way to try to recover that glow of feeling like an example and guide to others. I suspect the request for donations for their ministry may have been their way to be reassured that they are especially blessed by God. It seems to me that Jill and the other young Duggars see money and other gifts as a sign that God is happy with them.

Faced with the possibility that TLC might not want to film the story of "The Dillards become missionaries" as was originally planned, Jill may have impulsively decided to go on the mission without TLC helping plan and arrange. From what people have said here I gather that Derrick's earlier missionary experience was the informal "wandering around bearing witness to the Lord," that didn't require much planning. So they probably set out thinking they would start with SOS ministries and then find something else to do, and hoping that TLC would notice the interest among fans. They didn't think of little things like visas and how Jill would miss her family or how no real missionary group was going to want them around to do nothing much more than bear witness to the Lord.

I also don't think that they planned to come back so soon and so often. The behavior of Joy and some of the others in the goodbye video made it seem that most of the family didn't expect to see them again for several months. I suspect things didn't turn out the way they expected. I will bet anything that when they started looking for long term mission work they were told that they needed to learn the language and have a lot more to offer than patronage and talk about Jesus. So they went to language school and Jill stirred herself to take the midwife certificate exam. And since there were things happening i. the US, such as family weddings and TLC specials, they ended up coming back a lot more than they thought they would.

Through this all, I bet it never occurred to them that they had a responsibility to those who contributed to their alleged missionary work. (You mean it wasn't all gifts for them to do what they wanted with?).

Definitely it is a good thing that they are getting some reality checks. The pity is that with the upcoming TLC specials, they may not get enough of a reality check.

--

edited for typos

I agree with your post. I also believe that the only way that these adult kids will "get it" is for the easy money and opportunities for such, to go away. Unfortunately, that will mean the kidadults will have to come to terms with the fact that their parents sold them a make believe reality and further, their parents decisions have made life in the real world even harder, for example, by withholding real educations and skills acquisition.

I find it hard to believe that they would leave for SA right before Jessa gives birth, especially since Jill is a midwife now. It would not go over well if they left and then flew back in a few weeks.

Derick posted a video three weeks ago of Izzy drinking milk from a bottle like "a big boy" but commented that he gets mad when it's gone and they would have to work on that.

So nobody is asking the question "Why is Izzy getting angry when the bottle is gone?" It's been 21 years since I had a small baby (and I breastfeed her on demand) so is it possible to overfeed a bottlefed baby? If he is angry because the milk is gone that would seem like a sign that he should be fed more because I don't think small babies are manipulative or scheming. Could he just be hungry?

emmalyn, I think you really hit the nail on the head when you wrote that the "young Duggars see money and other gifts as a sign that God is happy with them." I'm sure that JB told them all the time that the TV show was a blessing from God because they were so special and that it was their duty to act in front of the cameras because people would be touched and turn to God by viewing their show.

I don't understand how you can read the New Testament and come away with the idea that God will bless you with wealth if only you worship fervently enough but "Prosperity Gospel" sure struck a nerve with some Americans. One of the things that the fans love to say about the Duggars is that God must truly love them and they must be doing something right because they are all happy, healthy, and want for nothing. On the other hand, we despise the poor so much in America that being poor must mean that God has turned his face against you.

Derick posted a video three weeks ago of Izzy drinking milk from a bottle like "a big boy" but commented that he gets mad when it's gone and they would have to work on that.

So nobody is asking the question "Why is Izzy getting angry when the bottle is gone?" It's been 21 years since I had a small baby (and I breastfeed her on demand) so is it possible to overfeed a bottlefed baby? If he is angry because the milk is gone that would seem like a sign that he should be fed more because I don't think small babies are manipulative or scheming. Could he just be hungry?

emmalyn, I think you really hit the nail on the head when you wrote that the "young Duggars see money and other gifts as a sign that God is happy with them." I'm sure that JB told them all the time that the TV show was a blessing from God because they were so special and that it was their duty to act in front of the cameras because people would be touched and turn to God by viewing their show.

I don't understand how you can read the New Testament and come away with the idea that God will bless you with wealth if only you worship fervently enough but "Prosperity Gospel" sure struck a nerve with some Americans. One of the things that the fans love to say about the Duggars is that God must truly love them and they must be doing something right because they are all happy, healthy, and want for nothing. On the other hand, we despise the poor so much in America that being poor must mean that God has turned his face against you.

Aren't the Duggars (and Gothard) Old Testament only people?

Aren't the Duggars (and Gothard) Old Testament only people?

Then shouldn't they be stoning Josh instead of sending him to rehab? tsk tsk Duggar's, be consistent!!

From what I knew as a bottle feeding mama, just 3 years ago, yes it's possible to over feed a bottle fed baby because it is so easy for them to get the milk out that they eat eat eat and could be full before they realize it. They have to work harder to get it out of a breast. But honestly, mine would eat and eat and be full before the bottle was gone most times so I never had the baby cries for food after bottle is gone situation. And having had 2lb babies, I sure as shit would have kept feeding them until they would no longer suck! I just wouldn't read too much into what Derrick said in this situation. Izzy doesn't look underfed to me, he is much, much bigger than my boys were at that age (though, he was like 2 weeks over due and they were 11 weeks early). He looks healthy and thriving to me right now.

He may also be in between serving sizes. My guys would fuss a bit after a bottle if they had 4 ounces and were growing into 6 ounces.We would just prepare another 2 ounces or so of noms for them.

Maybe that's it?

Either way, it doesn't seem too crazy of a comment to me.YMMV, of course.

I don't know, "We'll have to work on that" seems pretty ODD to me!! Would you really say that if your baby fussed after a feeding? What's to WORK on? I'd think a reaction would be "He must still be hungry" "Izzy's had a long day"

It makes it sound like he simply should not be fussing and must be corrected. In this setting it's very odd.

I agree with twinmama; I don't find it too abnormal for Izzy to cry about finishing the bottle. The baby I used to nanny drank his bottles so fast that he wasn't able to feel his satiety until about ten minutes after he finished. He always cried after. His dad would just keep feeding him and sure enough, he would throw up!

When his mom breastfed, the milk didn't come out as fast as with the bottle, so he had time to feel satisfied with the appropriate amount of milk.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived