IGNORED

Jill & Jessa specials coming - MERGED

quiversR4hunting

Yum. Chateau Ste Michelle and I have a long history of hate watching the Duggars together. 

I normally drink a single malt scotch, but there is a lovely New Zealand white with a passion fruit after taste I think I will get.  I know Australia is known for its wine but NZ has some good ones as well.

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So all three specials are done by the new year? Why isn't TLC pulling them out longer, afraid of the audience losing intrest? Are they planning to announce the spin off show with the new year? Please lord no.

Amen.

I think they are hoping that there will be enough interest that they can sell another set of specials, perhaps focusing on the courtships of one of the other kids and with glimpses of Anna and updates about Josh. :tw_angry:

Thanks for the link accountingstar!  

My favorite part:

It seems that the Dillards' urge to help after the earthquake faded quickly.  Maybe they decided against Nepal when Jill realized that if they went so far away they could not come back for the upcoming weddings.  

If they ever intended to go at all, they might have been just hamming for the cameras. Would TLC film them in a disaster zone? /cynical

Maybe the Dullards realized they'd have to do legitimate aid work in Nepal instead of being pretend missionaries like they are in Central America?

15 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Maybe the Dullards realized they'd have to do legitimate aid work in Nepal instead of being pretend missionaries like they are in Central America?

My take on it was that they were going to go to Nepal so TLC could film them doing "good works" but they were going to wait until the disaster was a little less... disastrous.  Then Joshgate 1 happened and the show was put on hold.  So at some point they decided to go off and be missionaries in Central America, to get away from Joshgate and not just sit around waiting for something to happen.  And I think that was probably a smart thing to do, except for grifting the fans to pay for it.  I mean, I don't think the "fake mission" was good, but getting away was.

Thanks for the link accountingstar!  

My favorite part:

It seems that the Dillards' urge to help after the earthquake faded quickly.  Maybe they decided against Nepal when Jill realized that if they went so far away they could not come back for the upcoming weddings.  

If they ever intended to go at all, they might have been just hamming for the cameras. Would TLC film them in a disaster zone? /cynical

My first thought was what kind of an idiot takes their newborn to a third world country disaster zone?

1 hour ago, Cerealgirl said:

My first thought was what kind of an idiot takes their newborn to a third world country disaster zone?

The kind of idiot that hasn't thought it through when some TLC producer suggests it would be a great idea?  I don't think they actually intended to go to the disaster zone, but I could see them spending a week or so filming in the area after it's reasonably safe and TLC can get some good shots.  

Again "a source" has spoken, this time to ET:

http://www.etonline.com/news/177406_duggar_family_in_turmoil_over_new_special_turning_into_a_circus_says_source/

I can imagine that the new special, l which is not under the (direct) command of JB, causes disagreement in Happy land.

Here are the interesting parts of the article: A source in the Duggar family tells ET that the special is “turning into a circus” and “family members are disagreeing with a lot of what they are doing.” According to the source, one point of contention within the family is the decision to put Anna Duggar on camera “at a time like this.” They (=certain members of the family)  feel “certain members of the family are more focused on ratings and a paycheck than actually focusing on the issues at hand,” adding that some members of the Duggar family have “chosen not to participate in the special out of respect to the serious ordeal the family has been going through in the last months.”

Weather this is true or not, in the end that’s one of my biggest hope anyway: The internal disagreements and jealousy will bring them down. In any case it will be interesting to see who will not participate in the special. My first guess is Jana.

7 minutes ago, vienna said:

Again "a source" has spoken, this time to ET:

http://www.etonline.com/news/177406_duggar_family_in_turmoil_over_new_special_turning_into_a_circus_says_source/

I can imagine that the new special, l which is not under the (direct) command of JB, causes disagreement in Happy land.

Here are the interesting parts of the article: A source in the Duggar family tells ET that the special is “turning into a circus” and “family members are disagreeing with a lot of what they are doing.” According to the source, one point of contention within the family is the decision to put Anna Duggar on camera “at a time like this.” They (=certain members of the family)  feel “certain members of the family are more focused on ratings and a paycheck than actually focusing on the issues at hand,” adding that some members of the Duggar family have “chosen not to participate in the special out of respect to the serious ordeal the family has been going through in the last months.”

Weather this is true or not, in the end that’s one of my biggest hope anyway: The internal disagreements and jealousy will bring them down. In any case it will be interesting to see who will not participate in the special. My first guess is Jana.

Assuming what the source is saying is true (and on many of these articles about inside information, I have my doubts) then the bolded is finally a news flash to these family members?  It's been screaming obvious for a loooonnng time.

I expect that the turmoil of the past year has probably unleased a flood of conflict with our happy, wholesome Christian family but insiders in the family?   Not at the TTH I would think, JB would have clamped down unless he is seriously losing control over his family. 

On 12/4/2015, 10:58:09, EmCatlyn said:

Amen.

I think they are hoping that there will be enough interest that they can sell another set of specials, perhaps focusing on the courtships of one of the other kids and with glimpses of Anna and updates about Josh. :tw_angry:

Unless more of Josh's "sins" come out thereby creating more public outrage and lower ratings, then TLC might finally pull the plug on this family.  I still think we haven't heard the end of it and Josh will be the gift that keeps on giving.

40 minutes ago, vienna said:

My guess is Famy.   She probably wasn't invited to the party anyway, but can make a statement about not being comfortable being on the show at this time.

I don't think its Famy, only because it's an anonymous statement.  She has been more than vocal about her opinions of josh over the last few months.  Why wouldn't she want her name back in the tabloids? She's had more presence in the media these past few months being a family dissenter than she ever got for being the supportive, silly, non ATI cousin.

When the question is, who the source is, my guess is also Famy. But regarding who is not going to be part of the Special from the actual Duggar Family my guess is Jana. I never thought Famy will be part of the Special.

16 minutes ago, vienna said:

When the question is, who the source is, my guess is also Famy. But regarding who is not going to be part of the Special from the actual Duggar Family my guess is Jana. I never thought Famy will be part of the Special.

But what would be her motivation? Unless they're paying her A LOT I'm not sure why Famy would actively try to sink the show. Its still her only hope of fame. 

On 12/3/2015, 6:47:39, Cactus said:

I have no way of watching legally and wouldn't lift a finger to watch illegally, but when it's aired I would like to know which soulless companies advertised on the show, so I know who to avoid. :)

Well, at least if you watch it illegally the advertisers won't benefit. ;-) Joking (mostly!).

I don't think it was Amy, either. It's possible, but I don't think it was her. No reasoning, just a gut feeling.

4 hours ago, vienna said:

They (=certain members of the family)  feel “certain members of the family are more focused on ratings and a paycheck than actually focusing on the issues at hand,” adding that some members of the Duggar family have “chosen not to participate in the special out of respect to the serious ordeal the family has been going through in the last months.”

I wonder if this is the way Jim Bob and Michelle will cover up their lack of participation, to save face. If it turns out well, they can be retroactively (and publicly) supportive; if not, they can change the storyline to "We really didn't want any more attention brought to the sad situation in our family at this time. We just want time to heal."

Yeah, probably not.

It will definitely be interesting to find out who isn't shown, though if many are shown, doesn't that change the parameters of the show, ie., that it's about Jill and Jessa?

I wondered if it was Josiah who didn't want to take part, if he blames the scandals as the reason for losing out on  his courtship.

I don't know what really went down on his courtship with Marjorie or why it ended. It is a good thing really that he is not marrying so young, but he probably doesn't see it that way, especially if he regarded his courtship/ getting married as a ticket to getting out of the house and under his dad's control.

But then again I don't see JB allowing any of the kids to step out of their obligations to make appearances as needed on the show.  

So Amy makes sense in that regard, but I never saw her as a big player just a random visitor now and again. 

On 12/4/2015, 11:47:39, Handmaiden of Dog said:

TLC is one of the worst channels for "And coming up on 19 Kids and Counting..." and then they show anything remotely interesting in the show so that by the time you actually see that particular scene, you have already seen most of it in the previews.

OMG, I hate that! Especially when they then start up after the commercial with a little review of the five seconds before the commercial. Not only do they think they have to hook you before the commercial, but they think you haven't been watching closely enough to pick up the salient points??? 

I like recaps better, especially snarky ones ;-)

Ok, I barely can come to FJ anymore because of some other stuff going on in my life right now, but here is my opinion. 

I personally hope they get enough ratings to convince them to do either mores specials or a series.  Yes,  you read that right, but here is why:  These two couples are dull as dirt.  After the initial excitement by the leg humpers that their favorite fundie fruitcakes are back on TV, and after the freakshow appeal wears off for the rest of the viewers,  Their ratings will drop.  I would much prefer these idiots get their show canned because of waning interest in their ridiculous lifestyle and hateful beliefs than because of the scandal. 

To me it is like when a team wins a game against their biggest rival, because the game is forfeited.  The victory is pretty hollow in that case.  And that is how I feel about them getting cancelled due to Joshie's bad behavior.  While I am happy to see any example of the hypocrisy of the adults in this family,  I always felt that getting off the air because of that scandal, was only going to legitimize their fan base that the Duggars are beleaguered.    But if they get the show back and then it becomes self evident to all but the most delusional fans,  that they really aren't all that interesting, or compelling, or well intentioned, then I I think That is a more important message. 

It is harder to argue with a steady decline in ratings.  Pulling show based on the scandals gave the leg humpers the ability to argue that it is wrong to punish the whole family for the sins of one.  Of course this argument is idiotic since it is obvious to most of us with half a brain that it was the parents, the crazy belief system, the lies, the fraud, etc, that led to that critical scandal, but their fans refused to see that.  But if even their own fanbase, starts to realize there are much more interesting things to do than to watch Jessa with her flat affect and edge of defensiveness, Ben, with his inability to speak a complete sentence, Jill and her charmless ditz and Derrick, who appears to have all the common sense of a cracked egg, then perhaps there is an actual chance that people will start to see this family more realistically. 

True it is a longer process and yes, True,  more money will come to these idiots while this is happening, but it still is a longer term fix. 

So, I strongly suggest that we don't watch the show, now or in the future.  Buzzard, if she is willing, can be our surrogate and keep us up to date on the dullness.  Let the leghumpers pull the ratings, and then let them live with having to watch that show for more than 3 episodes.  The Duggars show was already boring as hell before the scandals.  This won't be any better, and will likely be worse, especially if it really does just center on Jill and Jessa. 

4 hours ago, BlondeAgent007 said:

I don't think its Famy, only because it's an anonymous statement.  She has been more than vocal about her opinions of josh over the last few months.  Why wouldn't she want her name back in the tabloids? She's had more presence in the media these past few months being a family dissenter than she ever got for being the supportive, silly, non ATI cousin.

There have been several statements in the past which came from "a family insider" which, if they were not totally made up, had to come from Amy.  This sounds like one of them.  It is oloplppalso just like Amy to note that Anna is being put in an awful position, to have to talk about her response on TV. (And I can well imagine that TLC suggested it and that Anna said she didn't want to, and JB said, "It is your duty to do this," and that was that.

As to why Amy would not be identified as the source sometimes, I would guess that she wants some plausible deniability when talking to her uncle and cousins. If she speaks up about them every week, they will marginalize her even more, and then where will she get the gossip? I suspect also that the tabloids don't always want to identify her as the source since they like to imply it might be one of the immediate family rather than Amy.  

But in the end, this is all guesswork. ET may be making everything up, or someone with TLC is planting these stories to keep the public interested, or . . . :my_huh:

I think its Famy as well. I'd love to believe it was one of the kids, but I just don't think it is. 

As for the specials, I hope they crash and burn. TLC is obviously using them to test the waters. If the ratings are crappy, then no more shows will be made. 

What about Deanna being an insider? Famy's father might also have scoop that he got from Famy or someone else. I really have doubts about one of the kidults being a source seeing as how any contact (other than snail mail) would leave a trail. Someone could have obtained a burner phone, I guess, but that would've required quite a bit of subterfuge and cash at hand.

ETA: Oooo... Maybe it's JD! All that alone time in various cities while flying could lead to  just enough opportunity to make a little money on the side by reporting the family's goings-on. Not likely, of course, but it's fun to speculate.

Boy the descriptions are making these episodes sound less like "The Jill and Jessa Specials" and more like "Catching up With The Duggar Family."  And to think that only a couple of months ago we were wondering if Dim Bulb and Mullet would have the nerve to try and muscle in on the specials. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived