IGNORED

Jill & Jessa specials coming - MERGED

quiversR4hunting

What Sunday is it?  Because Walking dead takes priority over Counting on TLC to support jobless husbands.

Also Jilly muffin, leave the fake crying to Joy (reference to when they were extras in the movie)

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly as much as I have enjoyed the Duggar Schadenfreude this summer, I'm very concerned about these two families and their ability to feed their children now that the show has been cancelled and they have no employable skills / no plans to stop having babies.

So I'm secretly quite happy that these two and their young families can ride the TLC money train for at least a little bit longer.

NOPE NOPE NOPE.. I'm not worried about them at all!  They can be like the rest of the world and get honest jobs after they hop off the gravy train.  The sooner the better.  After all, Derick gave up a perfectly good accounting job at Wal-Mart corporate to become a vacationing grifter in braces with his wife and son .  It's shameless!!

The sooner they fail, the sooner they'll realize they're not super special people on a mission and learn to get jobs and maybe an education.

It may be too late for Josh, but not for the others kids, even Anna.

Something tells me that Counting On will not be the last Duggar related thing TLC will show.  Jilly Muffin will use the final special to make an announcement and the gravy train will be rolling again.   Or JB will announce another courtship.  

(I hope I'm wrong).  

I might be pleasantly (or as pleasant as anything Duggar related can be) surprised, but I suspect that most of the "tears" will be about how the media has treated them post molestation scandal. I just can't see them spending much, if any, time on the Ashley Madison thing, and no way will Anna really get into the nitty gritty of her finding out about AM and how she felt and reacted. At most, it will be 12 seconds of alluding to what Josh did and then how horrible it was to have the media not kissing their ass anymore. 

Something tells me that Counting On will not be the last Duggar related thing TLC will show.  Jilly Muffin will use the final special to make an announcement and the gravy train will be rolling again.   Or JB will announce another courtship.  

(I hope I'm wrong).  

I think you're right, but it's going to take more than a baby or courtship to get my interest.

There is no money in a press release.  And let's face it, Anna talking about everything is going to bring HUGE ratings.  It's her job to make these specials well watched and good tv.  Because really, what else is there to see that is worth watching?  Not much.

Do we know that Anna is going to have much to say?  I did not get the feeling that the special would spend more than a couple of minutes on Anna and then in connection to how Jessa and Jill felt about the Ashley Madison thing. (Our first thoughts were of Anna!)

They are using her on the promo because they want to draw in people who really don't care about the two undereducated entitled princesses of Duggarland, but have curiosity or sympathy (or both) toward Anna.

I would be very surprised if they gave her a chance to express how she really feels, even if they gave her more than a few minutes on screen.  She will say what TLC thinks the audience will want to hear and no more.

The sooner they fail, the sooner they'll realize they're not super special people on a mission and learn to get jobs and maybe an education.

It may be too late for Josh, but not for the others kids, even Anna.

I agree.  The Duggar kids will do much better in life if they figure out what real life is like while they are still young enough to change and grow..  They have grown up in a bubble, encouraged to believe that they are special when they are just part of an especially weird family in a weird cult.

None of them are too old to get and hold real jobs to support themselves and their kids.  There are plenty of independent Bapists that have jobs and support families.  

TLC already found a show to replace the Duggars and it is scheduled for the spring, in the same timeslot as the old 19 Kids and Counting:

http://www.inquisitr.com/2319280/the-busby-quintuplets-to-replace-the-duggar-family-on-tlc

This seems like a much more interesting family to watch.  They are religious, but promise that they are not at all like the Duggars!!

TLC got the contract signed with the Busby's and then permanently canceled the Duggar show within days (July). 

I'd like to see Jill and Jessa top this:

00.thumb.jpg.0b351d456cea4ab774007e79457469bc.jpg

TLC has already done this with J&K+8.

snipped

It depends on your cable provider.  Directv releases DVR information to nielsen even if you arent actively monitored.  You need to check and see what your company's policy is. 

We just switched to Directv. Guess I'd better block TLC so no one tunes in by mistake. It's not like we'll be missing anything we care about. (Now, if I blocked any sports channels this time of year, I know my headship would care! 

Then, I'd better go find out whom to boycott. Sigh. 

TLC has already done this with J&K+8.

Yes, and J&K+8 was pretty popular!   It's recycling an old concept, much oh so much better than the Duggars.

We just switched to Directv. Guess I'd better block TLC so no one tunes in by mistake. It's not like we'll be missing anything we care about. (Now, if I blocked any sports channels this time of year, I know my headship would care! 

Then, I'd better go find out whom to boycott. Sigh. 

There used to be an option to block them from sharing DVR information but I cant find the option anymore.  In googling it seems that its not just directv, but Tivo as well and possibly any DVR connected to the internet.

Here is my two cents:  TLC desperately wants these specials to get good ratings so they could justify bringing some of the Duggars back to a regular series.  Note they are showing the specials on Sunday....the one day of the week that TLC gets decent ratings these days.  The rest of the week seems to have suffered from the boycott, though I don't know exactly who is doing the boycotting. Whoever it is, people are not watching their shows.  Even Cake Boss can't draw a million viewers. The remainder of their shows don't even register in the top 100. So, knowing people are curious to see how Anna is doing, they throw her into the mix as a ratings grab.  If the shows are supposed to be about Jill and Jessa, why else would Anna be featured?  TLC is a sneaky, manipulative network and, for the life of me, I don't understand why Discovery Communications puts up with their nonsense.  

Unless a Duggar or some Duggars go rogue, there is no viable show. The only compelling thing about these folks was that they were part of a very large family living on the fringe of society. There is no show with only a couple of Duggars- Lots of people live on the fringe and they are not interesting enough to carry a series. 

TLC would need to have the entire family as a show, and that's never going to happen.

Like I said, a few of them going rogue and telliing all, yes, that would make some interesting TV for at least a few episodes.

Otherwise, who cares to watch a bunch of people who do nothing but procreate? No one works, has a skill is a contributing member of society.

If I want to see Fantasyland for entertainment, I'll go to Disney.

Is it wrong that I'm sort of looking forward to the Counting On show? ***hangs head, looks ashamed***

NOT because I want to support the Duggars, but just because the snark from it is going to be absolutely hilarious! Buzzard's recaps have always cracked me up and now there's some new ones on the way, yay!!!!

I'll see myself to the prayer closet. :pb_redface:

They already have Quints by Surprise and they had Texas Quints, table for 12, and they rerun 6 little McGhee's. Kate is also coming back on this winter with a series (dating and the kids). No other multiple show ever got the same ratings as Kate even if they were more likable. Just like no other large family, like the Wilits or Bates has gotten the ratings the Duggars got. Same with Polygamist shows, Sister wives gets the ratings over Polygamy USA, My 5 wives, and Escaping polygamy.

It seems like even if the majority of the public liked table for 12 or Polygamy USA better then Kate of Kody , for some reason the fake semi-scripted controversial show always wins out over quality on TLC.

Unless a Duggar or some Duggars go rogue, there is no viable show. The only compelling thing about these folks was that they were part of a very large family living on the fringe of society. There is no show with only a couple of Duggars- Lots of people live on the fringe and they are not interesting enough to carry a series. 

TLC would need to have the entire family as a show, and that's never going to happen.

Like I said, a few of them going rogue and telliing all, yes, that would make some interesting TV for at least a few episodes.

Otherwise, who cares to watch a bunch of people who do nothing but procreate? No one works, has a skill is a contributing member of society.

If I want to see Fantasyland for entertainment, I'll go to Disney.

I wonder if JB would throw a kid or 2 to the wolves to "go rouge" just to get back on TV? He's tried everything else, he surely wouldn't miss if a couple of them weren't there anymore. 

I agree that there's no way only Jessa and Jill or any one person could carry a series, because the only thing they have going for them is the freak factor of 19  kids (not to mention the recent scandals). Which is why I think TLC won't be able to resist bringing the series back, possible under a new name, so they can "honestly" say that they permanently pulled 19KAC off the air. The upcoming specials will be a ratings goldmine, which means the sponsors will come back no batter how many emails they're getting.

Is it wrong that I'm sort of looking forward to the Counting On show? ***hangs head, looks ashamed***

NOT because I want to support the Duggars, but just because the snark from it is going to be absolutely hilarious! Buzzard's recaps have always cracked me up and now there's some new ones on the way, yay!!!!

I'll see myself to the prayer closet. :pb_redface:

You're not the only one. I feel guilty about it, but I have missed Buzzard's recaps- they were the highlight of my Tuesday night.

What Sunday is it?  Because Walking dead takes priority over Counting on TLC to support jobless husbands.

Also Jilly muffin, leave the fake crying to Joy (reference to when they were extras in the movie)

Madam Secretary takes top priority for me! I didn't see a time on the TLC site nor the Fox News announcement.

Madam Secretary takes top priority for me! I didn't see a time on the TLC site nor the Fox News announcement.

I think TWD mid-season finale is this coming Sunday, then it's hiatus until February, so....it doesn't' overlap.

On 9/24/2015, 12:47:15, WhyNotJulie said:

Honestly as much as I have enjoyed the Duggar Schadenfreude this summer, I'm very concerned about these two families and their ability to feed their children now that the show has been cancelled and they have no employable skills / no plans to stop having babies.

so I'm secretly quite happy that these two and their young families can ride the TLC money train for at least a little bit longer.

EmmieJ says:  If I thought that either of these two couples actually had a plan to get some further education and/or training in a job skill that would make them self-sustaining, while taking in TLC money for the time being, then I'd agree with you.  But I see no signs of any such thing.  Derrick and Jill are either living off donations or TLC money while going to school to study Spanish.  They are on an extended "pray-cation".  I see no evidence that idiot boy Ben is doing anything to get back into the windshield repair business, or that he is looking for a job of any kind beyond house-husband.  They are planning and a-hoping that the TLC money train continues for a long long time, because they have no desire to get out in the real world like the rest of us and work at a job to earn an income. 

Unfortunately, this thread and this site are all part of the reason that TLC thinks it can keep the Duggars on TV and make money. 

I lost the little interest I may have had in the Duggars many years ago, but the scandal made me look more closely at the fundie craziness and how it is expressed.  I am somewhat tempted to watch the Jill and Jessa special, because I want to see things for myself, not recapped.  But I refuse to be part of their audience share.  I have Xfinity/Comcast cable. We only have one DVR, so I could watch the show on a TV that doesn't have DVR, but I am not convinced that the cable companies can't get our viewing data anyway, ever since we had to get converter boxes for every TV.  Call me paranoid.

As for the Duggar daughters "needing" the TLC money, I think that there are a lot of people out there who need it and deserve it more.  I could name at least a dozen students from a similar age group for example.   They are in college, working 20 or 30 hours a week (or more) while attending school full time and raising one or two kids, sometimes in a marriage/relationship and sometimes as single parents.  These young people married/reproduced "too young" in the sense that they hadn't finished their education yet, but they took responsibility for their lives and their children's lives.  The university has no childcare, so they have to make arrangements with family, friends and or the big daycare chains.  They are in debt for their education, and if a car breaks down they may not be able to get it repaired right away.

The Duggar daughters have their daddy in the background and whatever money they grift from fans. They don't need TLC and the world does not need any more Duggar shows.  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived