IGNORED

Jill & Jessa specials coming - MERGED

quiversR4hunting

10 hours ago, withaj said:

You're probably right on the mark. I can just imagine JD rolling his eyes and thinking "fuck this" and Joseph is the next most senior brother.

I also wonder if Joseph had much of a choice in the matter, I can just seeing JB saying, either go on the show or no more college. I really think that none of these kids, even the married girls, make any of their own decisions about being on the show. And I am positive that they are 100 % scripted by JB and Michelle on what to say.

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My mother-in-law was taught that godly women don't expressive negative feelings, and when she is talking about something hard, she always says "you feel..." instead of "I feel" or "I felt."

So it jumped out at me in the ABC promo that Jill said, "you're angry and hurt" instead, "I'm angry and hurt." It's always sad to me when women don't claim their own feelings.

Or maybe I'm reading too much into it because my caffeine hasn't kicked in yet...

Disclaimer: I have barely skimmed a very small part of this thread. So this has probably been said a few times already.

I CAN.NOT.STAND. the commercials for these specials that I have seen what seems like a gazillion times, during other shows that I was watching on other channels. Fake, fake, fake, disgusting.

And no, I do not even hate-watch Duggar anything.

They real question that I want answered, will Ashley Madison  be purchasing air time for adds.

I would love to see Michelle's head implode when the tag line "This episode brought to you by Ashley Madison" scrolls across the bottom of the screen.

Even better, some new Duggar facts at the bottom while people are talking, when they are talking about Josh's affairs little lesser know facts ie: Josh was Danica's 86th partner or On average Jessa take 19 selfies a day or when this scandal broke JB said God Dam on 3 separate occasions. Perhaps Michellle on average spends 42 minutes in the bathroom primal screaming....

I would laugh hysterically if I saw an Ashley Madison ad during this. I doubt TLC would allow that though.

1 hour ago, molecule said:

My mother-in-law was taught that godly women don't expressive negative feelings, and when she is talking about something hard, she always says "you feel..." instead of "I feel" or "I felt."

So it jumped out at me in the ABC promo that Jill said, "you're angry and hurt" instead, "I'm angry and hurt." It's always sad to me when women don't claim their own feelings.

Or maybe I'm reading too much into it because my caffeine hasn't kicked in yet...

no - i hate it when women can't express their own feelings 

express your feelings 

it will do you wonders - and if you can't tell someone who has the guts to say something 

tell me - I will shout it out 

Now on the Duggar family official Facebook page they have created an event, a watch party for this upcoming special. So looks like Ma and Pa Bugger are trying to make sure that they garner as much attention as possible for the show.

I think I may have unfairly given GMA a little too much crap for what I called the TLC ad that aired on Wednesday (either on this thread or the who will watch thread)

In hindsight, by making the Duggars a news article and even suggesting that they reached out to Josh for comment, they kept the whole thing a news piece---even with the TLC video bits being offered.  Which means that Boob and the Grifters (I think I just created a new 50's band). got paid nothing.  They didn't do the normal TOday Show interviews/pregnancy announcements.

Congrats GMA-you managed to keep the AM scandal and the rest of the Duggar crap in the news (lest the leg humpers forget) and you didn't have to pay them a dime

It's The Wunderkind's 6th birthday today. I bet the FB post will be about how precious and miraculous she is. Then, on Jordyn's birthday next week it'll just be "Happy Birthday Jordyn! We love you!" 

God these people make me sick. 

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

It's The Wunderkind's 6th birthday today. I bet the FB post will be about how precious and miraculous she is. Then, on Jordyn's birthday next week it'll just be "Happy Birthday Jordyn! We love you!" 

God these people make me sick. 

You're giving them too much credit, they might not even remember Jordyn and just give Miracle two birthdays. :pb_lol::pb_lol:

so does anyone know what kind of camera angles or why the camera is just different with the specials - because everything looks so woodsy - or maybe because it's not filmed in the TTH 

and who is surprised that Jessa let them THAT CLOSE to her 

yes she was being paid - and i guess if my manboy husband had no future - I would let them come that close 

but who boy - it's going to be intense 

i wonder if Jana who in a clip beside jessa as Jessa was going at - doesn't secretly love that she is so much pain 

17 minutes ago, nst said:

so does anyone know what kind of camera angles or why the camera is just different with the specials - because everything looks so woodsy - or maybe because it's not filmed in the TTH 

yes she was being paid - and i guess if my manboy husband had no future - I would let them come that close 

i wonder if Jana who in a clip beside jessa as Jessa was going at - doesn't secretly love that she is so much pain 

They could be standing pretty far from her and just zooming in. I didn't notice any different camera tricks, but it wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to change it up to appear more !dramatic! 

14 minutes ago, nst said:

You mean Jessa in labor? I haven't seen that clip.

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me at all that Jessa pulled an Anna and let the cameras film all. As much as I suspect that Jessa doesn't like being on the show but does it because it pays the bills, I think that if she was going to let the cameras in for anything, she'd go all the way. She knows people love seeing all screaming drama of birth; plus, I'm sure she knows exactly what people were saying about the nonsense of an hour long birth special for Jill when all they showed was a few minutes of grainy smart-phone footage.

Here's the new promo. It was posted 8 hours ago. Scroll down to video.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3354798/Jessa-Duggar-seen-delivering-baby-home-ambulance-carts-away-excessive-bleeding-teaser-Counting-special.html

It's 2 minutes and 14 seconds.

So it's Jinger and Joseph talking about the Ashley Madison scandal. Interesting.  Jana is even doing an interview. Jinger was crying. More crying. It looked like Joe was trying to keep it together. Anna was in totally denial about Josh. She was basically hopping to wake up and find out it was a dream. It is going to be a train wreck. This show is going to be filled with tears. I wonder what Jana is going to say.

I love the comments at the end of the article. My favorite one is that TLC = The Looney Channel

I make a point of watching these people as little as possible but has Jill always talked like that? With such a... blank, disinterested face? With the rising intonation at the end of every sentence? Like she needed approval for everything she said? She looked like a ventriloquist's dummy and someone above was just pulling the strings.

9 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

What else can they say?  How about plain old nothing?   Or "this is a family matter that is being dealt with privately"?

No, not the Duggars, they have to turn a profit at all cost.   In the case of Jim Bob (who is allowing, if not insisting on this) and Michelle, this includes keeping the story alive and the ratings high by throwing their first born under the bus.  Granted, Josh is a pig who deserves no one's pity, but it's not the sort of thing normal parents would do.  God knows I wouldn't, no matter how angry I was.  But all that matters with these people is continued attention and publicity because they both = $$$.

Oh, I see what you mean. 

I come at it from a different direction.  IF you are going to go on TV to talk about your family, and IF you went on TV and defended a family member and that family member embarrassed you publicly, THEN you are to be forgiven if you tell the public how annoyed you are.

Now, I do take issue with the whole idea of their living out their lives on display, and I don't think there should be any specials (and I never understood why anyone wanted to watch the show) but granted that they are going to talk to the media, I would rather they showed how angry they are with Josh than pretend to "keep sweet" while secretly seething inside.

You are right, of course, that they could just keep quiet.  But there's nothing new about their failure to do so.

2 hours ago, accountingstar said:

Here's the new promo. It was posted 8 hours ago. Scroll down to video.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3354798/Jessa-Duggar-seen-delivering-baby-home-ambulance-carts-away-excessive-bleeding-teaser-Counting-special.html

It's 2 minutes and 14 seconds.

So it's Jinger and Joseph talking about the Ashley Madison scandal. Interesting.  Jana is even doing an interview. Jinger was crying. More crying. It looked like Joe was trying to keep it together. Anna was in totally denial about Josh. She was basically hopping to wake up and find out it was a dream. It is going to be a train wreck. This show is going to be filled with tears. I wonder what Jana is going to say.

I love the comments at the end of the article. My favorite one is that TLC = The Looney Channel

Wait, Jill, you are saying if you pray that life doesn't automatically become rainbow and sunshine and solve all of your problems? Then what are you doing in Central America? Why are you trying to teach people that if they follow Jesus the violence will stop? What is Joshley doing at RU? This contradicts everything you and your family has ever said. 

Anyone else confused? :P 

4 hours ago, lascuba said:

You mean Jessa in labor? I haven't seen that clip.

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me at all that Jessa pulled an Anna and let the cameras film all. As much as I suspect that Jessa doesn't like being on the show but does it because it pays the bills, I think that if she was going to let the cameras in for anything, she'd go all the way. She knows people love seeing all screaming drama of birth; plus, I'm sure she knows exactly what people were saying about the nonsense of an hour long birth special for Jill when all they showed was a few minutes of grainy smart-phone footage.

you have to see the clip  - it's the best thing ever to see Jessa like that - she is a real human opposed to what she projects :D  and her hair is up and Ben looks awful 

it was a brief moment - maybe they only showed that  - but the fact that they showed her breathing via skype with jill - was hilarious 

4 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

They could be standing pretty far from her and just zooming in. I didn't notice any different camera tricks, but it wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to change it up to appear more !dramatic! 

no the whole thing seems like a different type of camera they are using 

maybe they just are using different lenses or something 

1 hour ago, nst said:

you have to see the clip  - it's the best thing ever to see Jessa like that - she is a real human opposed to what she projects :D  and her hair is up and Ben looks awful 

it was a brief moment - maybe they only showed that  - but the fact that they showed her breathing via skype with jill - was hilarious 

They will not show her begging and pleading [like Anna], no way. I envision lots of Duggar/Seewald talking heads that have nada to go with pain, screaming, blood or childbirth.

TLC will probably try to use some of those already filmed scenes from last Spring, as filler in these specials. Jessa will be absent much like Jill was last Fall because the PG effs with a less than reality based timeline.

They'll show what was seen in the clips with much more emphasis on the ambulance and hospital trip, rather than on the actual birth.

Lots of SES, daddy, the Seewalds and others at GM Mary's home...passing the baby around.

10 hours ago, Catey said:

Now on the Duggar family official Facebook page they have created an event, a watch party for this upcoming special. So looks like Ma and Pa Bugger are trying to make sure that they garner as much attention as possible for the show.

Asshats.

Oh wow, that was a full on labor face. 

I hate seeing Anna being made to do this. I was on the fence, but I am definetly not watching now. Damn Boob and Jchelle.

26 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

They will not show her begging and pleading [like Anna], no way. I envision lots of Duggar/Seewald talking heads that have nada to go with pain, screaming, blood or childbirth.

TLC will probably try to use some of those already filmed scenes from last Spring, as filler in these specials. Jessa will be absent much like Jill was last Fall because the PG effs with a less than reality based timeline.

They'll show what was seen in the clips with much more emphasis on the ambulance and hospital trip, rather than on the actual birth.

Lots of SES, daddy, the Seewalds and others at GM Mary's home...passing the baby around.

it was pretty graphic with what they showed - i was surprised yet then i realized she is being paid to deliver and look pained. 

the ambulance and the hospital trip was pretty graphic as well - including michelle and ben looking shit faced 

i can't wait for reactions :D

and I think real life ben kinda made him shocked - at least until she was ok  

So you're saying she was paid to look pained... and she delivered!

*badum-tsh!*

44 minutes ago, nst said:

it was pretty graphic with what they showed - i was surprised yet then i realized she is being paid to deliver and look pained.

I haven't given birth, but I have to imagine that even if being paid, one does not have to exaggerate the pain of natural childbirth... she looked pretty honestly bowled over by it.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived