IGNORED

Jill & Jessa specials coming - MERGED

quiversR4hunting

I agree!

As much as I don't want Anna to be exploited by this and don't want to give the family any more attention than they deserve, her story is now much more interesting than anything the Duggars had been dreaming up before. They have been trying to create compelling fiction out of side hugs and courtship chaperones, which made for some infuriatingly bland reality TV. But with Anna - this shit just got real! I am now invested in her character and want to know how this plays out. I hope for her sake there is some character development, though. And by that I mean I hope she ends up leaving the cult once and for all!

I hope she files for divorce before that special airs.  I don't think she will, though.  

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When all is said and done I feel like the real villain here is TLC.  The Duggars can't help themselves, they were raised in front of the camera and they have been brainwashed to tout the Christian forgiveness schtick.  For Jessa, Jill, and Anna it is a no-brainer do do these specials because of the easy money, but TLC is exploiting them and it makes me sick.  Whether Anna does spill her guts or she pretends that all is forgiven, TLC has invaded her privacy and aired her dirty laundry to make money.  I know she is a free agent here and she could have said "no" but we will never know what kind of pressure she is facing from JB, Michelle, and Josh.  Dance, monkey, dance.

I hope she files for divorce before that special airs.  I don't think she will, though.  

I don't think I could respect anyone more in my entire life as I would respect Anna if she were to divorce Josh. She's fighting against some major Fundie brainwashing, and if she were to cast that all aside........well, one can only hope. 

Josh probably still controls the finances, so by having Anna on, TLC is technically paying Smugger again. 

I agree!

As much as I don't want Anna to be exploited by this and don't want to give the family any more attention than they deserve, her story is now much more interesting than anything the Duggars had been dreaming up before. They have been trying to create compelling fiction out of side hugs and courtship chaperones, which made for some infuriatingly bland reality TV. But with Anna - this shit just got real! I am now invested in her character and want to know how this plays out. I hope for her sake there is some character development, though. And by that I mean I hope she ends up leaving the cult once and for all!

Yes, but I fear we will all be really disappointed. Not only because Anna will say the usual BS but also because she will not say much. The whole story will be teasered as hell and in the actual special a predict a maximum of 5 minutes. Tops. With no real new Information or actual content.

As to any Duggars addressing the possible upcoming litigation I am very doubtful.  Not only would they like to pretend it isn't happening, but I would think thier attorney would frown upon it.  That is assuming they have an attorney.

Here is my two cents:  TLC desperately wants these specials to get good ratings so they could justify bringing some of the Duggars back to a regular series.  Note they are showing the specials on Sunday....the one day of the week that TLC gets decent ratings these days.  The rest of the week seems to have suffered from the boycott, though I don't know exactly who is doing the boycotting. Whoever it is, people are not watching their shows.  Even Cake Boss can't draw a million viewers. The remainder of their shows don't even register in the top 100. So, knowing people are curious to see how Anna is doing, they throw her into the mix as a ratings grab.  If the shows are supposed to be about Jill and Jessa, why else would Anna be featured?  TLC is a sneaky, manipulative network and, for the life of me, I don't understand why Discovery Communications puts up with their nonsense.  

I was surprised to see the clip of Anna on the promo.  If the special is about Jill and Jessa, then why are they covering this storyline?  I guess they know what will pull in the ratings.

ok, back on topic.  Has Anna been given a choice to appear and tell her story?  I would think that a proper press release would have been a much better way to do this if she truly wanted share her side of the story.  And I mean proper, not like that thrice edited crap Josh put out.  A well thought out, professionally guided statement would carry better than being part of a Duggar RV special

There is no money in a press release.  And let's face it, Anna talking about everything is going to bring HUGE ratings.  It's her job to make these specials well watched and good tv.  Because really, what else is there to see that is worth watching?  Not much.

agreed.  The idea that older mothers are all in serious health jeopardy is just strange to me. My family tends to breed later in life. A great grandmother had her last baby at 56 (of 10 births). It was a home birth, and they were both fine. Grandmother was having babies in her late 40s as have several of my aunts. Luckily no problems among them. My mother scandalised her family by having me at 30. She gave birth to my brother at 36, and she almost died in the process. I had a front row seat for the whole mummy almost dying thing (my parents didn't shelter me from anything), and vividly remember the doctor telling her "what do you expect, having a baby at your age?". She laughed in his face and told him to fuck off... First, last and only time I've heard her drop the f bomb.

My mom had me at 30, and my brother at 34, in the 1950's. My mom's mother had her at 30 in 1926. Interestingly, I had my daughter at 30 also. Nothing new here.

Yes, but I fear we will all be really disappointed. Not only because Anna will say the usual BS but also because she will not say much. The whole story will be teasered as hell and in the actual special a predict a maximum of 5 minutes. Tops. With no real new Information or actual content.

Sad, but probably true. 

It's not an actual series that is currently planned. Just 2 or 3 'specials.' I'm sure they WANT to turn it into a series but no word on if they will at this point.

That promo only got about 2,000 shares on TLC's Facebook page.  (Not a good sign for TLC.)  Plus, the page is full of negative comments: https://www.facebook.com/countingontlc/

I've noticed that whenever something really real happens on a reality show, the program refuses to actually address it. This was how it was with the Sister Wives finale: 95 percent of it much to do about nothing (and no doubt staged), and the catfish stuff was tacked on at the end with nothing interesting revealed. The only exception I can think of was the Josie birth crisis, which couldn't be ignored or edited away, but even then the reactions from the Duggars seemed off. However, that could be because they've "trained" themselves not to feel anything, so when something really serious happens, they don't know how they should feel.

I noticed that Anna said, "It is heartbreaking", not "I am heartbroken".  These fundies do not know how to own their emotions. Very sad.

Why can't Anna deal with this in private?  Why make a quick buck? 

Also favorite meme. 

12243345_10101999157200084_1137710916637926254_n.jpg

Izzy looks over it already.

There is no money in a press release.  And let's face it, Anna talking about everything is going to bring HUGE ratings.  It's her job to make these specials well watched and good tv.  Because really, what else is there to see that is worth watching?  Not much.

good point.  Silly me, I was thinking of someone genuinely wanting their message to be heard respectfully.  I forgot that they were all about the money.  

I will now officially bury all my hopes in regard of the Ratings for the Specials.

Just went to the TLC channel on Youtube. Tons of videos there and I compared the number of clicks among the most recently uploaded videos. "Meet Jessa and Ben Seewalds new Addition" is number one on the videos posted "a week ago". BY FAR (31.471 Viewers; second place is a video from sisterwives with 21.247 clicks; in total only a few viedos have more than 10.000 Viewers).

:fubar:

If you have been one of those clicks, feel free to feel bad :my_angel:

Wow a Sunday premiere date. They're really trying hard to push this. I hope it bombs in the ratings. Please, everyone, let Buzzard take one for the team or watch online. lol

I'll be here with bells on.  I cant believe this is happening.  I truly thought that I had done my last live recap.

Unless you are a Nielsen Household, whether or not you watch won't have any affect on the ratings, right? 

It depends on your cable provider.  Directv releases DVR information to nielsen even if you arent actively monitored.  You need to check and see what your company's policy is. 

I'll be here with bells on.  I cant believe this is happening.  I truly thought that I had done my last live recap.

You truly deserve a medal for doing this, and for spending years enduring 19 KAC for us. Or at the very least lots of good alcohol.

That promo only got about 2,000 shares on TLC's Facebook page.  (Not a good sign for TLC.)  Plus, the page is full of negative comments: https://www.facebook.com/countingontlc/

The question now is who are the advertisers willing to risk public outcry to be a part of this shit show.  I expect that it will get great ratings because people want to hear what Anna has to say, but that isnt what these specials were supposed to be.  We were told that the specials were about Jill and Jessa, its pretty clear that this is becoming a continuation of 19KAC.  Its only a matter of time before Michelle and Boob weasle their way back to the intro, they'll sell off another child to marriage and demand another special or two, then another pregnancy... pretty soon we'll be right back to tuesday nights.

We need to stand firm on this.  ANY advertiser that is on that show will not see a dime from me or my family.  If its directv, I'll be switching to comcast. If its VISA, I'm cutting up my card and i'll use my amex.  My pledge is absolute.

I predict that TLC, I mean Jill and Jessa, will try and "learn" from the outcry over the Meghan/Faux and Child Abuse special  debacles.  So, I think they will readdress the abuse, but this time, will say "all the right things."  Plus, enough has happened with Joshie, that he can totally be thrown under the bus, I mean, continually prayed for.

Jill and Jessa need somebody to fund their lifestyle....and it sure as heck won't be their husbands.  They may even realize that Jim-Boob is no longer a reliable source of income with 16 kids still at home to support plus Anna and her kids.  TIme to leave and cleave....to the TLC money train.

The question now is who are the advertisers willing to risk public outcry to be a part of this shit show.  I expect that it will get great ratings because people want to hear what Anna has to say, but that isnt what these specials were supposed to be.  We were told that the specials were about Jill and Jessa, its pretty clear that this is becoming a continuation of 19KAC.  Its only a matter of time before Michelle and Boob weasle their way back to the intro, they'll sell off another child to marriage and demand another special or two, then another pregnancy... pretty soon we'll be right back to tuesday nights.

We need to stand firm on this.  ANY advertiser that is on that show will not see a dime from me or my family.  If its directv, I'll be switching to comcast. If its VISA, I'm cutting up my card and i'll use my amex.  My pledge is absolute.

I wish I could do that, What I can do is drive 30 mins away to Joanne's instead of hobby lobby and not use lowes. 

list of sponsors:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/416262115246122

https://www.facebook.com/Cancel-the-Duggars-309231579282510

This is the private group to join:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/573070516167166

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived