IGNORED

Jill & Jessa specials coming - MERGED

quiversR4hunting

2 minutes ago, withaj said:

I haven't given birth, but I have to imagine that even if being paid, one does not have to exaggerate the pain of natural childbirth... she looked pretty honestly bowled over by it.

that is what I meant - the engagement scene, the wedding vows and the her in active labor - she looked bowled over 

it's not shocking that that she looks bowled over in labor  - it's just shocking to a degree that we see it 

at least to me 

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, CyborgKin said:

So you're saying she was paid to look pained... and she delivered!

*badum-tsh!*

Ah, a percussionist. :my_biggrin:

6 hours ago, accountingstar said:

Here's the new promo. It was posted 8 hours ago. Scroll down to video.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3354798/Jessa-Duggar-seen-delivering-baby-home-ambulance-carts-away-excessive-bleeding-teaser-Counting-special.html

It's 2 minutes and 14 seconds.

So it's Jinger and Joseph talking about the Ashley Madison scandal. Interesting.  Jana is even doing an interview. Jinger was crying. More crying. It looked like Joe was trying to keep it together. Anna was in totally denial about Josh. She was basically hopping to wake up and find out it was a dream. It is going to be a train wreck. This show is going to be filled with tears. I wonder what Jana is going to say.

I love the comments at the end of the article. My favorite one is that TLC = The Looney Channel

Thanks for posting the link.  A question about the article.  Somewhere below the clip, it says that JD is shown.

But perhaps the most moving is 25-year-old John David Duggar speaking about his older brother: 'I don't think there is any way any one would have known that my brother [Josh] was living such a secret life.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3354798/Jessa-Duggar-seen-delivering-baby-home-ambulance-carts-away-excessive-bleeding-teaser-Counting-special.html#ixzz3tysOMM5Q 

is this a mistake for Joseph or Josiah?  I am bad at faces and can't tell the kidults apart.

1 minute ago, EmCatlyn said:

Thanks for posting the link.  A question about the article.  Somewhere below the clip, it says that JD is shown.

is this a mistake for Joseph or Josiah?  I am bad at faces and can't tell the kidults apart.

The article made a mistake. Guess the writer is not a Duggar expert. Neither is Michelle. She didn't know Jessa's age and she birthed her. It is Joseph stating "I don't think there is any way any one would have known that my brother [Josh] was living such a secret life."

My favorite comments from the article:

-"And I thought Saint was an awful name. Spurgeon!!!!"

-"Are they going to include the part where she wasn't attended by any sort of midwife?"

-"She is correct..it's like a bad dream, this family is back on television..it's more like a total nightmare"

27 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

It's definitely Joseph. Silly tabloids can't even get their fundie facts straight. Psssh, amateurs.

8 hours ago, nst said:

so does anyone know what kind of camera angles or why the camera is just different with the specials - because everything looks so woodsy - or maybe because it's not filmed in the TTH 

and who is surprised that Jessa let them THAT CLOSE to her 

yes she was being paid - and i guess if my manboy husband had no future - I would let them come that close 

but who boy - it's going to be intense 

i wonder if Jana who in a clip beside jessa as Jessa was going at - doesn't secretly love that she is so much pain 

That's the Dowell house. Pic from zillow:

VU6IaxN.jpg

20 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

I feel like we've seen the kitchen and the pool before, in pictures of Ben and Jessa.

Yep, we sure have.

On 9/24/2015 at 7:01 AM, Gregaid said:

I'm still trying to figure out this whole made for tv mission thing. What is this crap about them going to "language school"? When my sis-in-law was sent to Poland for the Peace Corp, she went in not knowing a lick of Polish. And her job was to teach English to these kids. And what makes the Dullards look even more phony- my sis-in-law managed to do her job AND learn Polish while doing it. So, why in the Hell, do they need to know fluent Spanish to hand these people Bibles and point to the sky? Besides, hasn't Jill been to South of the Border enough times with her family that she should at least know enough Spanish to ask someone where she can buy pregnancy tests?

I'm half Polish and Polish is HARD to learn. If your sister can learn Polish, surely the Dullards can learn some Spanish, which is a much easier language for an English speaker to pick up. 

5 hours ago, Snarkylark said:

Did anyone else happen to notice all the blood on the stretcher as they took Jessa away? It was A LOT!

I saw it. It is really a lot of blood. Jessa was really lucky!

2 hours ago, Lewy said:

I'm half Polish and Polish is HARD to learn. If your sister can learn Polish, surely the Dullards can learn some Spanish, which is a much easier language for an English speaker to pick up. 

I feel like for an English speaker without much prior language training, Polish would be just below Xhosa and Arabic on the scale of difficulty to pick up. Really tough grammar, really tough pronunciation. Spanish, I think, is a lot easier -- more more regular, easy pronunciation, some grammar rules to remember but they generally make sense and flow naturally (unlike English), and a lot of cognates and words with similar roots to ones in English. I stopped formally studying Spanish 7 years ago and I still remember enough to give people directions and hold fairly basic, halting conversations. I'm sure if I spent some time in a Spanish-speaking country, it would come roaring back.

so apparently they always owned the house with the pool ? 

so the fakeness is even more evident now to me

the girls, Vanessa, and Derick all going to "Vanessa's" house to plan her wedding, the swimming episode

the endless photos we got from inside from that kitchen 

JB is one smart owner of houses....wool over my eyes 

No more 

they are all a part of it - they are all in the cult that makes people go "huh" 

it's a little sick

as for Jessa's and the ambulance and the blood - i don't really see it - i see splotches of red 

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I feel like for an English speaker without much prior language training, Polish would be just below Xhosa and Arabic on the scale of difficulty to pick up. Really tough grammar, really tough pronunciation. Spanish, I think, is a lot easier -- more more regular, easy pronunciation, some grammar rules to remember but they generally make sense and flow naturally (unlike English), and a lot of cognates and words with similar roots to ones in English. I stopped formally studying Spanish 7 years ago and I still remember enough to give people directions and hold fairly basic, halting conversations. I'm sure if I spent some time in a Spanish-speaking country, it would come roaring back.

I'm sure Polish is challenging, but to be fair, Lithuanian and Albanian, not to mention the Scandinavian languages, are probably harder, as things go. At any rate, an English speaker is almost certainly going to have an easier time learning a European language that uses the Latin alphabet than something like Arabic, Mandarin, Thai, etc. that has totally foreign elements, written and spoken, even if the grammar is simpler. Xhosa uses the Latin alphabet but is tonal and linguistically challenging to acquire as an adult because of the clicks.

Jessa was pretty forthcoming after the birth when she recalled how she said during labor that she wasn't having any more babies, so I think we're likely to see a hell of a lot. But then I never bought into the "Jessa's a spoiled, vain princess" narrative." What really interests me is if we'll see the non-midwife Teresa and if there will be any acknowledgement that she doesn't even have the useless CPM "degree." THAT, I think, will be hidden.

32 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Jessa was pretty forthcoming after the birth when she recalled how she said during labor that she wasn't having any more babies, so I think we're likely to see a hell of a lot. But then I never bought into the "Jessa's a spoiled, vain princess" narrative." What really interests me is if we'll see the non-midwife Teresa and if there will be any acknowledgement that she doesn't even have the useless CPM "degree." THAT, I think, will be hidden.

I am surprised you are not into the " jessa's a spoiled vain princess" narrative? I never thought so either.  I just concluded she is in the cult deep :- but that's me all of a sudden :D - I thought she was just the fundie organized princess who had so much time on her hands to perfect her make up and then who got married for sex - but hey that's me again 

I think if they are hiding how many houses they own and pretended they were friends of the owners - they will HIDE the useless midwife they used. 

23 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I must have missed the blood, all I saw was her wrapped in a (modesty!) blanket on the stretcher. 

splotches of blood toward the middle 

riveting 

On 9/24/2015 at 7:01 AM, Gregaid said:  

I'm still trying to figure out this whole made for tv mission thing. What is this crap about them going to "language school"? When my sis-in-law was sent to Poland for the Peace Corp, she went in not knowing a lick of Polish. And her job was to teach English to these kids. And what makes the Dullards look even more phony- my sis-in-law managed to do her job AND learn Polish while doing it. So, why in the Hell, do they need to know fluent Spanish to hand these people Bibles and point to the sky? Besides, hasn't Jill been to South of the Border enough times with her family that she should at least know enough Spanish to ask someone where she can buy pregnancy tests?

Polish is quite the challenge, especially all the consonants we add. The word chrząszcz is my favorite example [emoji5][emoji5]

On 12/10/2015 at 8:20 AM, nst said:

There is something about that camera work - where all the interviews are taking place and just generally the sense of everything - it's a different camera - than there regular ones yes? and that house must be what the title is about in the second episode because it looks like Vanessa's house they are interviewing at. 

for mothers out there did your husband sit behind you while you were giving birth - or is that just Ben ? because he looks miserable and scared - and I wonder at what point he had to step out because in those clips it looks like she is pushing (because I doubt he would leave at that point) also the clip of her leaving in the ambulance he looks terrified -

she looked in so much pain and a little scared - and again - they are only doing this for a paycheque. 

I had homebirths, and my husband would either sit like behind me and to the side or directly behind me to help support me when I was pushing.  I was only in the bed to deliver, though, and sat upright in a chair or walked around when in labor.  

7 minutes ago, Alicja said:

Polish is quite the challenge, especially all the consonants we add. The word chrząszcz is my favorite example emoji5.pngemoji5.png

Don't fuck with us. That is the sound we make when eating chips. You are not fooling this lady :pb_lol:

11 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Don't fuck with us. That is the sound we make when eating chips. You are not fooling this lady :pb_lol:

o kurwa, how could I have forgotten? my dziadziu will be furious with me :pb_lol:

1 hour ago, nst said:

I am surprised you are not into the " jessa's a spoiled vain princess" narrative? I never thought so either.  I just concluded she is in the cult deep :- but that's me all of a sudden :D - I thought she was just the fundie organized princess who had so much time on her hands to perfect her make up and then who got married for sex - but hey that's me again 

I think if they are hiding how many houses they own and pretended they were friends of the owners - they will HIDE the useless midwife they used. 

I think she's a hellacious asshole a lot of the time and was probably really bossy when it came to her jurisdictions (and that's kind of what I like about her while wanting to punch her at the same time--give me strong and "bitchy" over perky, sweet and insipid any day of the week), but I've never seen anything to make me think that she's particularly vain or "princess-y" compared to her sisters. If we're defining vain by how much one cares about their looks, then judging by what we see on the show, Jessa is no more vain than Jinger and Jana. Jill and maybe Joy are the only ones one can say don't care much about their appearance (often without make-up, meh clothes, sloppy hair in JIll's case, etc.). The difference in perception when it comes to Jessa is based entirely on her stand-out looks and her refusal to keep sweet all the time, which is painfully ironic considering what fj supposedly stands for.

6 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I think she's a hellacious asshole a lot of the time and was probably really bossy when it came to her jurisdictions (and that's kind of what I like about her while wanting to punch her at the same time--give me strong and "bitchy" over perky, sweet and insipid any day of the week), but I've never seen anything to make me think that she's particularly vain or "princess-y" compared to her sisters. If we're defining vain by how much one cares about their looks, then judging by what we see on the show, Jessa is no more vain than Jinger and Jana. Jill and maybe Joy are the only ones one can say don't care much about their appearance (often without make-up, meh clothes, sloppy hair in JIll's case, etc.). The difference in perception when it comes to Jessa is based entirely on her stand-out looks and her refusal to keep sweet all the time, which is painfully ironic considering what fj supposedly stands for.

how I like someone who is the same as me :) when it comes to the whole bitchy over perky, sweet and insipid any day of the the week people :)

and brilliant deduction about what you stand about her 'supposed" stand out looks - and I like it when she refuses to keep sweet - because that gives people anxiety lol 

stand out - rather than be a sheep - brilliant 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived