IGNORED

Jill & Jessa specials coming - MERGED

quiversR4hunting

Even if JB wanted to take TLC to court for something in his contract, why would they be so afraid of him? Shouldn't a major TV network have better lawyers then some perv in Arkansas? I'm confused why so many tend to be "afraid" (for lack of a better word) of Jim Bob.

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Even if JB wanted to take TLC to court for something in his contract, why would they be so afraid of him? Shouldn't a major TV network have better lawyers then some perv in Arkansas? I'm confused why so many tend to be "afraid" (for lack of a better word) of Jim Bob.

I don't know if anyone is "afraid" of JB and his possible lawsuits, but I have noticed that lawsuits in general are "feared" because they suck up time and lawyers.  So I could see a bunch of executives saying "Look, we want to give this idea of focusing a show on the daughters a try, so let's throw in that the family gets such and such and then this also shuts up JB about the cancelled show."   Giving a little is easier than a big fight.  JB may have preferred having some of the filmed segments shown instead of being paid to go away.  Who knows.

I do believe that TLC wants to get the Duggars back if they can make money off them.  That is clearly the main motive for the "specials" so in this they are on the same page as JB.

The seemingly lack of sponsors doesn't matter...I think TLC considers these specials an investment. Even if they end up costing them money, they're betting on huge ratings. If/when that happens, very few sponsors are going to take any sort of moral high ground. They'll be very eager to sign up when TLC brings 19KaC(with a new name?) back.

3 minutes ago, lascuba said:

The seemingly lack of sponsors doesn't matter...I think TLC considers these specials an investment. Even if they end up costing them money, they're betting on huge ratings. If/when that happens, very few sponsors are going to take any sort of moral high ground. They'll be very eager to sign up when TLC brings 19KaC(with a new name?) back.

19 kids and done. Get used to it Michelle.

Ugh. The thought of these episodes getting huge ratings is just depressing. You're right, sponsors won't have the high  moral ground as they only care about  money.

The Patriots are playing the Texans on the same night, hopefully that steals a bunch of viewers.

There is no way that Jill or Jessa and their crew could currently carry a show. They don't do anything but preen (Jessa) and make babies and Jill, who knows what she is doing. The guys are supporting their families by grifting and the Banko JB. 

There is nothing special or entertaining about 2 families in which no one works or goes to school, and with a singular interest of procreating. There is just no market for that. Even with the Duggars, what made them marketable to most people (AND TLC) was the freak factor- The Seewalds and Dillards do not possess that draw.

2 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

There is no way that Jill or Jessa and their crew could currently carry a show. They don't do anything but preen (Jessa) and make babies and Jill, who knows what she is doing. The guys are supporting their families by grifting and the Banko JB. 

There is nothing special or entertaining about 2 families in which no one works or goes to school, and with a singular interest of procreating. There is just no market for that. Even with the Duggars, what made them marketable to most people (AND TLC) was the freak factor- The Seewalds and Dillards do not possess that draw.

especially if one mother doesn't like her son's name :D

and Derick is already out the door to instagraming :D

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Though not interesting in themselves, the married Duggar daughters are still part of the "wholesome family" (to humpers) /"freak family"(to the rest of the audience).  People are going to watch the specials because they "miss" the Duggars and this gives them a glimpse of them. Young women starting new families with the background of the huge family will interest some. Others will watch to snark or in the hope of getting insights into the scandal. TLC will exploit these different kinds of interest if they can.

1 hour ago, EmCatlyn said:

Though not interesting in themselves, the married Duggar daughters are still part of the "wholesome family" (to humpers) /"freak family"(to the rest of the audience).  People are going to watch the specials because they "miss" the Duggars and this gives them a glimpse of them. Young women starting new families with the background of the huge family will interest some. Others will watch to snark or in the hope of getting insights into the scandal. TLC will exploit these different kinds of interest if they can.

not only is Jessa trying to portray that she is wholesome and in love - blah  blah 

she is always at her folks house - that baffles me - why - does she need to be there constantly - doesn't she want to be alone and have her own home - or being around Ben is not a good thing 

Jill to a degree I believe is happy to be away from the compound - she is creating and left her family to a degree. 

People miss the falseness - they miss the we are the world thing - which is wrong and got blown to shreds this year. 

People want to see how they are coping - pure and simple - but they won't tell the truth 

4 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Nope, they absolutely can't. Which is why most of the family would be coming back for the show if TLC brought it back. It might ostensibly be about Jill and Jessa, but in reality it would still be 19KaC. 

Look how mind-numbingly boring the show was with the whole family involved. TLC and the Duggars made very little effort there. Obviously staged events, blatantly scripted dialogue, constant repetition--not only from episode to episode, but within episodes; everyone saying the same thing in the talking heads, repeating the scene we saw just before the commercial break. The average episode probably had, at most, 5 minutes of new material per 30 minute episodes. Jill's birth special managed to be an hour long and it consisted of a few minutes of what looked like  iphone video padded with random TH's and flashbacks. And yet, with all that, 19KaC *still* managed to be TLC's highest rated show. Even if a new series only featured Jill and Jessa, it can't be much more boring that that (and honestly, there are things TLC and Jill and Jessa could do to make it a better show, considering just how bad 19kac was). The jury's out if viewers would stick long term for that--I don't think they would, but I also didn't think Trump would stand a chance in hell of winning the GOP nomination, and here we are. Regardless of all that, the specials will definitely bring in big ratings, which would be enough of an incentive to do another series, which would likely include appearances of most of the family. Maybe--hopefully--the ratings drop quickly and dramatically and that will be the end of that, but I'm guessing we have at least of year of this family getting checks from TLC before they--please god please god please god--disappear from the public eye for good. 

Bad sign - I mentioned the duggars at work today (I know), and my totally not a fundie follower male coworker said "aren't the girls getting specials or something?"

I was reading something on tumblr (can't remember where.. and I am too tired to go look) that said the "girls"  (Jessa and Jill I assume) will be on Good Morning America tomorrow (Wed 12-9-2015) Jill by Skype?  

If this is being discussed in another thread I apologize but just wanted to know - did/do we know this?  I imagine it is promotion for the show and if Meechelle and JimBoob show up on TV I will be more disgusted than I generally am already with both the Duggars and the leg-humping GMA.  

1 minute ago, notfundy said:

I was reading something on tumblr (can't remember where.. and I am too tired to go look) that said the "girls"  (Jessa and Jill I assume) will be on Good Morning America tomorrow (Wed 12-9-2015) Jill by Skype?  

If this is being discussed in another thread I apologize but just wanted to know - did/do we know this?  I imagine it is promotion for the show and if Meechelle and JimBoob show up on TV I will be more disgusted than I generally am already with both the Duggars and the leg-humping GMA.  

apparently true, it's being discussed on the "who will watch" thread.  

Can't take it--too early in the day for Jill's fake crying, Jessa's side swooped hair and/or Bin's baseball cap

@Mothership thanks for filling me in; I'll head over there.   I can't take it, either, no matter WHAT time of day it is.  These young women are beginning to fill me with an unholy rage.  

Has anyone else seen the Good Morning America Clip?

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/duggar-family-discusses-scandal-tlc-special-35665579

I like that Jill was pissed that he let her go on and do that bit on Fox where they stood up for him without actually knowing the scope of his fuckups...

Anna saying this just cant be true makes me feel sorry for her, that gut wrenching feeling when the floor just drops out from under you when you get that crappy news that you just never saw coming.

Has anyone watched the most recent preview for the specials? It was focused on the Ashley Madison thing. Looks like Jessa, Jill, Jinger, Jana and Anna are going to be involved. And one of the older boys.... Joseph I believe?

Sounds like Jill was willing to defend Josh because she thought he was repentant. When the Ashley Madison thing came out, then it was obvious that Josh's transgressions hadn't stopped. I can see how she's feeling a little ripped off at this point.

I can understand where she's coming from, too. Not necessarily that I agree with it, but I can understand. Going on TV and talking about what a good and changed person he was, followed immediately by what was basically a big LOL JUST KIDDING!!! from her brother must have felt like a slap in the face.

Completely agree, I would be pissed.

Thanks for making me look like a huge idiot on national TV.

Just have to say though when they are showing the older interview with Jessa I HATE the smug/dismissive sneer that crosses Jessa's face when she says Pedophile

Not saying that he is one, just saying that face she makes is annoying especially when you add the context that the people that were calling him that were people who were in their own way trying to stickup for or defend his victims....

1 hour ago, freesarah88 said:

Sounds like Jill was willing to defend Josh because she thought he was repentant. When the Ashley Madison thing came out, then it was obvious that Josh's transgressions hadn't stopped. I can see how she's feeling a little ripped off at this point.

Maybe next time she'll think a little harder before going on national televsion with false stats and fake tears.

so now they are angry and feel dupped why because their new shows may not get the ratings?  Because people were still saying they didn't want to see them?  I don't believe this for a minute he will be welcomed back in they are only changing their tunes to save these specials

I think 19kids had plenty of casual watchers who didn't know a lot about the Duggar's beliefs.  The shine is completely off, and those watchers will be gone.  The question is if they have picked up more hate watchers/freak show appeal, like when they brought back Kate plus 8.  Oh, and whether this format is enough to satisfy hate watchers.

I just don't think these two can create enough storyline to carry their own reality show.  Kim and Khloe taking Miami, they are not.  A special or two, maybe.

I watched the clip, so Jinger, Joe, and Jana seem to be crying for real and Jill still looks like she has fake tears. If they're bringing out the Joshley story right away, it must mean there's not a lot of interest in the specials.

2 hours ago, OldFadedStar said:

Has anyone watched the most recent preview for the specials? It was focused on the Ashley Madison thing. Looks like Jessa, Jill, Jinger, Jana and Anna are going to be involved. And one of the older boys.... Joseph I believe?

When TLC canceled "19 Kid and Counting" the president of Discovery said he hoped to work on show featuring some of the adult kids. That could work if Jana, Jinger, Joseph etc.. are married. Jinger and Joseph are rumoured to be courting. If the special are successful, there will be a new Duggar series

The Duggars getting postive coverage on morning shows? The promo for "Counting On" before every show across Discovery networks:dontgetit: Remeber when we thought TLC hated the Duggars :my_biggrin:  Oh some you still think TLC is afraid Jim Bob:huh:

13 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I watched the clip, so Jinger, Joe, and Jana seem to be crying for real and Jill still looks like she has fake tears. If they're bringing out the Joshley story right away, it must mean there's not a lot of interest in the specials.

Joe crying? Uh-oh. Anytime one of these Duggar boys show emotion I fear that they are going to get sent to Alert!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived