IGNORED

Jill & Jessa specials coming - MERGED

quiversR4hunting

2 hours ago, OldFadedStar said: Has anyone watched the most recent preview for the specials? It was focused on the Ashley Madison thing. Looks like Jessa, Jill, Jinger, Jana and Anna are going to be involved. And one of the older boys.... Joseph I believe?

When TLC canceled "19 Kid and Counting" the president of Discovery said he hoped to work on show featuring some of the adult kids. That could work if Jana, Jinger, Joseph etc.. are married. Jinger and Joseph are rumoured to be courting. If the special are successful, there will be a new Duggar series

The Duggars getting postive coverage on morning shows? The promo for "Counting On" before every show across Discovery networks:dontgetit: Remeber when we thought TLC hated the Duggars :my_biggrin:  Oh some you still think TLC is afraid Jim Bob:huh:

I somehow misinterpreted what you wrote to mean that Jinger and Joe were courting each other. I was confused for a minute. Lol

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I watched the clip, so Jinger, Joe, and Jana seem to be crying for real and Jill still looks like she has fake tears. If they're bringing out the Joshley story right away, it must mean there's not a lot of interest in the specials.

imo Jill looks like she's having a hard time telling her truth, because it's not a good testimony. I can believe she's hurt and pissed but doesn't feel comfortable with those feelings, because they're not allowed in their culture.

The older kids are being used to gain ratings. TLC knows the public is curious about what Josh's non-married siblings think of him(we heard from Jessa and Jill already....at least their thoughts on Joshgate 1). I'm kind of surprised Joseph is making an appearance though.  Maybe he is on the verge of courting a girl but wants to prove he is nothing like his brother? Who knows, that can be a reason Josiah's courtship ended. 

I'm predicting big ratings for the first special but the following two will (hopefully) get subpar ratings. Enough of the general public will tune it to hear Anna's and the Duggar kid's POV in the first special and will stop watching after that because the Dillards/Seewalds are severely boring. 

I think Joseph makes an appearance because he can be seen as the college educated Duggar. They can claim he is living a normal life that many others can relate to. Honestly, the older unmarried daughters have nothing in common with the majority of people their age. They raise their siblings and do chores for their parents. Without jobs, education, friends or an individual identity, they are going to be seen as strange to most people. 

Just saw the GMA clip. Count me in as being glad that they're not sidestepping the Ashley Madison thing, whether or not it's for ratings (which of course it is -- but I also think it would be nearly impossible to do a followup series without addressing it, so...). And I have to say it's gratifying to see Jill admit that they felt stupid and wronged by Josh for letting them stand up for him while he was hiding marital infidelity. 

I don't get TLC and won't buy the show, so I'll watch it whenever it goes up on [redacted]. Looking forward to the recaps :D 

35 minutes ago, Eatingintheprayercloset said:

I'm predicting big ratings for the first special but the following two will (hopefully) get subpar ratings. Enough of the general public will tune it to hear Anna's and the Duggar kid's POV in the first special and will stop watching after that because the Dillards/Seewalds are severely boring. 

For this exact reason, I think they will drag the Ashley Madison stuff out across all the specials with lots of teasers.

28 minutes ago, BackseatMom said:

For this exact reason, I think they will drag the Ashley Madison stuff out across all the specials with lots of teasers.

So you mean that the modest Duggars will sell sex for ratings? My mind has been blown. 

Watched GMA clip. Seeing Duggar children crying because of Josh's BS is hard.
And now I have aggressive desires towards JimBob, Michelle and Josh that cannot be righteously fulfilled.

17 minutes ago, socalrules said:

So you mean that the modest Duggars will sell sex for ratings? My mind has been blown. 

JB AND MICHELLE sold their kids for easy cash, despite sexual molestation and god only knows what else. They will sell ANYTHING for quick cash.

They are just gross.

2 hours ago, halcionne said:

imo Jill looks like she's having a hard time telling her truth, because it's not a good testimony. I can believe she's hurt and pissed but doesn't feel comfortable with those feelings, because they're not allowed in their culture.

I don't doubt that she's angry, but what you said makes sense, and just reiterates how full of shit she is. She wants her perfect fundie facade, that's what she's the most upset about.

5 hours ago, freesarah88 said:

Sounds like Jill was willing to defend Josh because she thought he was repentant. When the Ashley Madison thing came out, then it was obvious that Josh's transgressions hadn't stopped. I can see how she's feeling a little ripped off at this point.

Yes. I think that everything else aside, Jill and Jessa felt duped by Josh.  They believed he had been "healed" and instead he had just hidden his later sins.  It is being used by him for a second time.  First he molested them; then he let them go on TV to defend him when he was doing something else that was indefensible.

Jill and Jessa are now considered adults in the eyes of the law, Gothard and their parents. They are both mothers. I'm of the thought that once you meet those thresholds, you need to be able to use your brain and make somewhat reasonable decisions.

Did they get the short draw in the parental department? Yes.

Is it time for them to put on their maternity panties and deal? Yes.

Should they be PO'd at Josh? Yes

Should they learn that itrw people get screwed over all the time? Yes

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I don't doubt that she's angry, but what you said makes sense, and just reiterates how full of shit she is. She wants her perfect fundie facade, that's what she's the most upset about.

and what doesn't surprise me in the least - she ran away the farthest

we get to see Jessa in active labour :D

more than we did with Jill 

Jessa grimacing while Derick asks JIll - some insane question 

should be quite a show :D

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

JB AND MICHELLE sold their kids for easy cash, despite sexual molestation and god only knows what else. They will sell ANYTHING for quick cash.

They are just gross.

It's beyond gross.

And we can all agree Josh is a pig.  But throwing him under the bus and making sure it backs up over him three or four times to increase publicity for ratings is not something normal parents would ever do.  Michelle and Jim Bob don't  appear in any of the clips, but we know this is Boob's doing.  

Josh, darlin', you are an asshole.  But own it and work on it.   Don't cop out with the fake "Jesus has saved me" shit.  And don't try to get back into your parents' good graces. They're not worth it.   

18 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

It's beyond gross.

And we can all agree Josh is a pig.  But throwing him under the bus and making sure it backs up over him three or four times to increase publicity for ratings is not something normal parents would ever do.  Michelle and Jim Bob don't  appear in any of the clips, but we know this is Boob's doing.  

Josh, darlin', you are an asshole.  But own it and work on it.   Don't cop out with the fake "Jesus has saved me" shit.  And don't try to get back into your parents' good graces. They're not worth it.   

michelle appears in the airport scene - saying good bye to jill and in the the episode where jessa is going into the ambulance 

5 hours ago, socalrules said:

I think Joseph makes an appearance because he can be seen as the college educated Duggar. They can claim he is living a normal life that many others can relate to. Honestly, the older unmarried daughters have nothing in common with the majority of people their age. They raise their siblings and do chores for their parents. Without jobs, education, friends or an individual identity, they are going to be seen as strange to most people. 

One must wonder if JD just flat out refused to participate in this mess... and they needed a brother's point of view. 

20 minutes ago, nst said:

michelle appears in the airport scene - saying good bye to jill and in the the episode where jessa is going into the ambulance 

She does.  I was thinking of the talking heads.  Which is not to say they didn't do any for the show, but it doesn't really matter.  Jim Bob is requiring Josh's family members and probably his wife to toss his son under the bus for ratings.

16 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

One must wonder if JD just flat out refused to participate in this mess... and they needed a brother's point of view. 

You're probably right on the mark. I can just imagine JD rolling his eyes and thinking "fuck this" and Joseph is the next most senior brother.

first i was a little shocked at Jessa  and the show for showing Jessa in full LABOR (unlike Jill ) during the giving birth scene - and they only showed her partially - like on the left of the screen (not full on and in front of her) - but then I realized she is getting PAID to do so - so the shock is wearing off = 

:D 

can i have two avatars :) 

1 hour ago, Nikedagain? said:

That could be it, but I think there is maybe another reason.  Jinger has said that she is very close to Joseph.  I'm guessing that if he's close to Jinger he is probably close to Jessa, as those two are inseparable.  He may have a better idea of how Jessa and his other sisters who were molested are feeling than John David does.  JD has never appeared overly close to any of his sisters. 

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Jill and Jessa are now considered adults in the eyes of the law, Gothard and their parents. They are both mothers. I'm of the thought that once you meet those thresholds, you need to be able to use your brain and make somewhat reasonable decisions.

Did they get the short draw in the parental department? Yes.

Is it time for them to put on their maternity panties and deal? Yes.

Should they be PO'd at Josh? Yes

Should they learn that itrw people get screwed over all the time? Yes

I think it will be interesting to see when people deem them as the adults 'forcing' this lifestyle on their children.  It's hard to know exactly when the line is crossed (in truth, its probably not a line but a gradient).  I think I'm with you that now that they both have children, there is only so much sympathy you can give to them for staying in their lifestyle.  I'm sure it would be extremely difficult, but unfortunately they need to make that choice.

4 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

She does.  I was thinking of the talking heads.  Which is not to say they didn't do any for the show, but it doesn't really matter.  Jim Bob is requiring Josh's family members and probably his wife to toss his son under the bus for ratings.

How is it "throwing under the bus" to admit publicly that they are angry at a relative who betrayed their trust?  What else could anyone say about Josh other than that he did a bad thing and acted against everything the family believed in?

To make clear that Josh is a disappointment may be necessary for the "brand'" but it is also the truth. I am a lot less bothered by the family discussing their "heartbreak" at Josh's behavior than by the Megan Kelly interviews.

Now, there shouldn't be any Specials, and Anna should not be asked to express her feelings for the camera, and JB is  creep.  But I bet the siblings who are articulating their anger at Josh did not have to be "required" to do so.

There is something about that camera work - where all the interviews are taking place and just generally the sense of everything - it's a different camera - than there regular ones yes? and that house must be what the title is about in the second episode because it looks like Vanessa's house they are interviewing at. 

for mothers out there did your husband sit behind you while you were giving birth - or is that just Ben ? because he looks miserable and scared - and I wonder at what point he had to step out because in those clips it looks like she is pushing (because I doubt he would leave at that point) also the clip of her leaving in the ambulance he looks terrified -

she looked in so much pain and a little scared - and again - they are only doing this for a paycheque. 

I had something brilliant and then I pressed an apps button 

so - I think I said Jessa I feel is an protective sweator aka the cult 

she will never leave - not even when the money runs out - she cemented it when she married Ben and wouldn't name her son a normal name. 

we can feel for her childhood-  but we can't feel for her as AN ADULT - because JB cultivated these adult babies who may pretend to go off and have children to promote the brand - but will never be an normal adult 

this is all she knows - to exploit and to shun 

and until the show goes off the air forever - they won't leave and she will be in her protective sweator forever. 

5 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

How is it "throwing under the bus" to admit publicly that they are angry at a relative who betrayed their trust?  What else could anyone say about Josh other than that he did a bad thing and acted against everything the family believed in?

What else can they say?  How about plain old nothing?   Or "this is a family matter that is being dealt with privately"?

No, not the Duggars, they have to turn a profit at all cost.   In the case of Jim Bob (who is allowing, if not insisting on this) and Michelle, this includes keeping the story alive and the ratings high by throwing their first born under the bus.  Granted, Josh is a pig who deserves no one's pity, but it's not the sort of thing normal parents would do.  God knows I wouldn't, no matter how angry I was.  But all that matters with these people is continued attention and publicity because they both = $$$.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived