IGNORED

Jill & Jessa specials coming - MERGED

quiversR4hunting

TLC has nothing to show that the Duggars have not already sold to People or put out on Twitter. So there is nothing new at all on these shows. So WHY?

I got the little blurb to lIke/follow the show on facebook today. I didn't. But, the comments they are receiving about the show and the girls lifestyle are pretty rough. Blanket training is brought up several times. Questions are raised as to what exactly are Derrick and Jill doing? Why is Ben not working?  Many post that they do not want this family on TV any longer. TLC really should read their comments section and listen to all the advertisers that have pulled out. It would save them a great deal of money.

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont want to hear Jill and Jessa blather on and on about how their lives are not as awesome because josh but still awesome because jesus.  I couldnt give a shit about a baby shower, or even the heavily edited and dramatically scripted birth jessa had. They will leave out the fact that all the drama happened because she and her "team of midwives" are morons.

I am moderately interested in what Anna has to say, but know that it will also be so edited and scripted that the Megyn Kelly interview will look like improv... so... 

Yeah.... 2 weeks... 

...  <snip> Many post that they do not want this family on TV any longer. TLC really should read their comments section and listen to all the advertisers that have pulled out. It would save them a great deal of money. <snip>

If we don't want them on TV, then we should stop watching.  So long as there is interest (even negative interest) there will be audience for TLC to sell to advertisers that haven't pulled out.  We are part of the problem, alas.  

If we don't want them on TV, then we should stop watching.  So long as there is interest (even negative interest) there will be audience for TLC to sell to advertisers that haven't pulled out.  We are part of the problem, alas.  

Only those who watch. I have not watched in a long, long time. In fact aside from a clip of Jill's wedding, the only shows I really watched were the ones aired during a Summer series they ran maybe 2 summers ago?

Watching anything associated with this family only gives them an audience and an increased opportunity for the shows/specials to continue.

Only those who watch. I have not watched in a long, long time. In fact aside from a clip of Jill's wedding, the only shows I really watched were the ones aired during a Summer series they ran maybe 2 summers ago?

Watching anything associated with this family only gives them an audience and an increased opportunity for the shows/specials to continue.

and that includes her instagram and facebook 

so good idea and especially "her family page" 

two summers ago - have no clue - were they showing JB driving :D because I remember that - that was riveting 

I haven't really  watched in the past, but I got hooked on FJ during Joshgate 1,  and now I am tempted to watch to see what nonsense they do on the specials.  But I will resist temptation.   .. Yes, yes I will...

I will not watch, no dish or cable, but I will delight in Buzzard's recap. If there's something really outrageous, I will catch it later on YouTube, like this one. :output_eeMbjt: I thought people were exaggerating, so I had to see for myself.

I haven't really  watched in the past, but I got hooked on FJ during Joshgate 1,  and now I am tempted to watch to see what nonsense they do on the specials.  But I will resist temptation.   .. Yes, yes I will...

Yes, you can!!!!!

We need a new topic listing for those who swear not to watch the special, and no crossing your fingers behind your back when you're signing in.

We need a new topic listing for those who swear not to watch the special, and no crossing your fingers behind your back when you're signing in.

how about name it 

The I won't watch if you paid me :D 

I will watch :D 

damn - I broke the internet again 

I'm watching because you guys make me, but I stand by my pledge that no advertiser that runs a spot on their show will see a dime from me or my family.  

I'm watching because you guys make me, but I stand by my pledge that no advertiser that runs a spot on their show will see a dime from me or my family.  

is Tide one of those users 

:D - I feel for you :D 

Hmm...if the DVR is reporting that stuff anyway then what is the point of being a Neilsen family?

The Nielsen households are not just random, but are selected to be representative demographically.  In our case, we were selected because we were an older couple that had no children living at home full-time.  Our youngest daughter was in college.  She actually could have chosen to be monitored too, but she was not required to do so.

Congratulations on completing your quest toward Legitimate Sex, VelociRapture. :562479b38219e_WinkingmygrinD: :56247976a36a8_Gigglespatgiggle::dance:

I'm getting quite disheartened at the number of Duggar related tabloid stories that have popped up recently.  There is way too much interest in these people for them to slink away quietly. 

I'm getting quite disheartened at the number of Duggar related tabloid stories that have popped up recently.  There is way too much interest in these people for them to slink away quietly. 

I agree but I wonder if the mainstream media cares anymore.  I wonder if they have been contacted for interviews, etc and are turning them down or if the tabloid Duggar-fest is just a way to increase traffic.

I was surprised to see the clip of Anna on the promo.  If the special is about Jill and Jessa, then why are they covering this storyline?  I guess they know what will pull in the ratings.

DigDugger, I'm over here losing it over your avatar. Love it! :pb_lol:

The only reason I am going to watch is because I heard that Trump and Josh will be live tweeting on the special live from the Bunny Ranch.

IF they actually had a moment of "real" TV I would watch, but I don't trust the Duggars or TLC so I know that every tear that flows is carefully planned and edited to mess with my emotions, I already have hormones and hormonal teenagers to mess with my emotions no need to watch TV for that.

I watch TV to entertain me or at my worst to make me feel better when I see other people doing shit way worse than I am, a good 19 kids episode would always make my MIL a little more June Cleaver and a little less Cruela D'VIlle

As one of about 20 people in my country, who know who the Duggars are, I'll be watching out of sheer morbid fascination. Himself, will be giving his usual "You watch some amount of shite" commentary, throughout while he's pretending not to be as hooked as I am. Afterwards, we'll have a snarky back and forth about it.

I'm forecasting a good night in, to be perfectly honest :)

I have no way of watching legally and wouldn't lift a finger to watch illegally, but when it's aired I would like to know which soulless companies advertised on the show, so I know who to avoid. :)

I will not watch, no dish or cable, but I will delight in Buzzard's recap. If there's something really outrageous, I will catch it later on YouTube, like this one. :output_eeMbjt: I thought people were exaggerating, so I had to see for myself.

I'm sorry, I'm kind of new here but I didn't realize there was an awkward golf humping emoji. :output_eeMbjt:my life is now complete!

My mom said "The only show we're watching on TLC anymore is the Little Couple" 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived