IGNORED

Jill & Jessa specials coming - MERGED

quiversR4hunting

I will read about it later Sunday Night Football is the priority in our household

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding Ben not working, I'm always thinking back to their last episode where he just looked absolutely disgusted and done with Josh because although we didn't know until after but he was pissed off he stopped their gravy train. I'm sure he had plans of becoming a televangelist and it all started with marrying jessa. I felt like she fit his criteria and saw her plus the show as a win/win situation.

Regarding Ben not working, I'm always thinking back to their last episode where he just looked absolutely disgusted and done with Josh because although we didn't know until after but he was pissed off he stopped their gravy train. I'm sure he had plans of becoming a televangelist and it all started with marrying jessa. I felt like she fit his criteria and saw her plus the show as a win/win situation.

And notice he is still working the preacher angle from his IG pulpit!

He needs to get back in school and get some real training, including the ability to succinctly communicate and articulate a clear thought, for whatever career path he plans to pursue.

Too bad, so sad,  he put all his eggs in the "And Counting" basket. He's an adult and a parent now. He needs to get in the real world and assume some adult responsibility. 

Unfortunately, this thread and this site are all part of the reason that TLC thinks it can keep the Duggars on TV and make money. 

I lost the little interest I may have had in the Duggars many years ago, but the scandal made me look more closely at the fundie craziness and how it is expressed.  I am somewhat tempted to watch the Jill and Jessa special, because I want to see things for myself, not recapped.  But I refuse to be part of their audience share.  I have Xfinity/Comcast cable. We only have one DVR, so I could watch the show on a TV that doesn't have DVR, but I am not convinced that the cable companies can't get our viewing data anyway, ever since we had to get converter boxes for every TV.  Call me paranoid.

As for the Duggar daughters "needing" the TLC money, I think that there are a lot of people out there who need it and deserve it more.  I could name at least a dozen students from a similar age group for example.   They are in college, working 20 or 30 hours a week (or more) while attending school full time and raising one or two kids, sometimes in a marriage/relationship and sometimes as single parents.  These young people married/reproduced "too young" in the sense that they hadn't finished their education yet, but they took responsibility for their lives and their children's lives.  The university has no childcare, so they have to make arrangements with family, friends and or the big daycare chains.  They are in debt for their education, and if a car breaks down they may not be able to get it repaired right away.

The Duggar daughters have their daddy in the background and whatever money they grift from fans. They don't need TLC and the world does not need any more Duggar shows.  

I want to like this 1000 times more.

And notice he is still working the preacher angle from his IG pulpit!

He needs to get back in school and get some real training, including the ability to succinctly communicate and articulate a clear thought, for whatever career path he plans to pursue.

Too bad, so sad,  he put all his eggs in the "And Counting" basket. He's an adult and a parent now. He needs to get in the real world and assume some adult responsibility. 

Not having a plan b proves he's too young to be married much less a father.

"Preaching from my IG pulpit" should a post count title lol

Something tells me that Counting On will not be the last Duggar related thing TLC will show.  Jilly Muffin will use the final special to make an announcement and the gravy train will be rolling again.   Or JB will announce another courtship.  

(I hope I'm wrong).  

I'm still surprised JB and M hadn't started pushing the middle boys out there in the spotlight. It would totally play into the young female audience. The tumblr accounts would take off lol. I guess the scandals interrupted that plan.

Yes, and J&K+8 was pretty popular!   It's recycling an old concept, much oh so much better than the Duggars.

Jon and Kate were popular because they hated each other but were stuck with 8 kids under 5 so it made for decent tv (at least in reality tv terms).

I think TWD mid-season finale is this coming Sunday, then it's hiatus until February, so....it doesn't' overlap.

You are correct! :) ughh til February though. 

On 11/22/2015 at 3:36 PM, EmCatlyn said:

Unfortunately, this thread and this site are all part of the reason that TLC thinks it can keep the Duggars on TV and make money. 

I lost the little interest I may have had in the Duggars many years ago, but the scandal made me look more closely at the fundie craziness and how it is expressed.  I am somewhat tempted to watch the Jill and Jessa special, because I want to see things for myself, not recapped.  But I refuse to be part of their audience share.  I have Xfinity/Comcast cable. We only have one DVR, so I could watch the show on a TV that doesn't have DVR, but I am not convinced that the cable companies can't get our viewing data anyway, ever since we had to get converter boxes for every TV.  Call me paranoid.

I don't have cable, etc. But I do stream tv shows on [redacted].  Be sure you have Adblock Plus installed. The site gives links to other sites. Some work. Some don't. Using Chrome, I find [redacted], [redacted], [redacted], and a few others to have good quality. Once a show has played on US Eastern Standard Time, it will post. I'm on PST, so something such as The Blacklist or Madam Secretary will play online at 6:00pm. It's cool.

I have no plans for that Sunday night - still not watching the specials.

I'd rather watch paint dry while having a root canal performed.

I just saw the TLC promo for this and cannot see any reason at all to watch it.  TLC is hyping up the sob factor,  but the two Js had the ability to express any real emotions (let alone any real thought) trained oUT of them years ago, so what is the point of watching them? (And snarking on their immature speech patterns and life choices only goes so far.)  Yes, they were victimized (by their brother AND by their parents ) but giving them TV shows and other media attention is not ever going to get them to really deal with it. 

It makes me very uncomfortable to watch Anna having to talk about everything on camera.  She grew up in a crazy cult, has no education, 4 little kids, and she married a major douche: That is a crap deal already and I  don't want to be part of any public demand to see her deal with difficult times without privacy.

The only way the Duggars will go away is for people to NOT tune in, plain and simple.

The only way the Duggar cult breaks down is for the easy money to stop flowing.

I am certain that JB, Derick and Ben can all secure jobs that support their families. (thank God a couple of them have some sort of education).

Will it be the lifestyle that they've all grown use to over the last 11 years, no, but reality bites sometimes.

Having to support themselves will require making changes that will bring them in line with modern thinking and reasoning.

Let's face it, the young adult Duggars are nowhere near as tough as Michelle and JB were in the early years. 

JB and M went to HS, worked, bought a home, worked, were married for 4 years, worked, used BC...worked and then they started a family.

As young married adults, Josh, Jill and Jessa have had everything handed to them- these folks need to get into the real world and the sooner, the better.

Josh and Anna will likely forever be on JB's teat.

I am SO glad Build a Bear pulled their advertisements for the specials. I was going to feel like a traitor.. lol I had to have Stormfly though. (You would think The Duggars wouldn't like BaB anyhow, it was started and is owned by a woman..:56247904e3b6a_ConanONoes: lol)

I agree with what others have said, we need to band together and NOT watch the special til its on Youtube by someone who uploaded it, like I've done with all episodes in the past. I want Jill and Jessa to realize WHY people usually need TWO incomes and not just the man working. I wonder if Jessa would go without all the nice things (fast food, Starbucks or Latte's from anywhere) she has in order to live 100% ATI approved lives.:dance:

I don't have cable, etc. But I do stream tv shows on primewire.ag  Be sure you have Adblock Plus installed. The site gives links to other sites. Some work. Some don't. Using Chrome, I find Vodlocker, GorillaVid, Nosvideo, and a few others to have good quality. Once a show has played on US Eastern Standard Time, it will post. I'm on PST, so something such as The Blacklist or Madam Secretary will play online at 6:00pm. It's cool.

Blacklist is done for year sadly.. 

Here is the press release that was sent to different media outlets:

header_news.jpg
[11/20/15 - 08:02 AM]
"Jill and Jessa: Counting On" Celebrates New Life and Adventure - The Three-Part Special Begins December 13th at 8/7c
The specials center around the two young women and their ever-changing lives as Jill moves to Central America with her family and Jessa starts one of her own.

[via press release from TLC]

"JILL AND JESSA: COUNTING ON" CELEBRATES NEW LIFE AND ADVENTURE

The three-part special begins December 13th at 8/7c

TLC follows the next chapter of Jill (Duggar) Dillard and Jessa (Duggar) Seewald in a new three-part special JILL AND JESSA: COUNTING ON beginning Sunday, December 13th at 8/7c with a 90-minute premiere. The subsequent specials will air at 9/8c on December 20th and 27th. The specials center around the two young women and their ever-changing lives as Jill moves to Central America with her family and Jessa starts one of her own. In the three specials, viewers catch up with the family through the eyes of Jill and Jessa as they get prepared for the exciting milestones ahead. With moves and babies on the horizon, preparations are underway in Arkansas and abroad!

As Jill prepares to move her family to Central America for missionary work, she and Derick impart some parental advice to Jessa and Ben while they get ready to bring their first child into the world. Baby buzz is all around the Seewald household as the family plans a baby shower, decorates the nursery and gathers the last few essentials for Baby Seewald. Viewers also get an inside look at Jessa's dramatic labor and delivery and her first days at home with her newborn son. Jill and Derick celebrate with friends and family before heading to Central America, and viewers follow their journey south of the border to walk in their shoes as they get their life set up in their new home.

Also, for the first time, several family members including Anna Duggar speak out and address the difficult summer the family faced. The emotional and candid interviews highlight how the family continues to move forward from a time of turmoil to a time of celebration. After a life-changing few months, these specials give Jill and Jessa an opportunity to share their story and begin celebrating big moments in their lives.