IGNORED

Pedophiles don't change their spots

fundiefan

I'm hoping his reputation will get stinky enough that many in the denomination who have been kind of winking at his behavior will have to deal with the noise and will leave the CREC. It probably is the only way. If enough churches leave (or threaten to) , maybe, just maybe the ones left will see that their survival can only continue if they get him out. At this point, when Doug is in full blown self preservation mode he will show he is willing to throw anyone under the bus that he needs to and hopefully those around him-even if they won't reevaluate their stands on the basis of anything other than the fact that the theology has now bitten even his most loyal friends in the butt-will see he is more rabid dog than anything, and will be forced to deal with it. 

The thing is, he does have a lot. But then, it takes a lot to keep it going. His economy can't live on a small town alone. If book stores start sending back his books, blogs start refusing to have him as a guest, he stops getting endorsements.... 

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Onlyme

The thing is, he does have a lot. But then, it takes a lot to keep it going. His economy can't live on a small town alone. If book stores start sending back his books, blogs start refusing to have him as a guest, he stops getting endorsements...

....or those lucrative conference speaking engagements. 

She wrote highly of our care for her at the time of the abuse, and we have those letters. We know what she was saying then. She did not develop any retroactive animus toward what we had done until after the church suspended her from the Supper because she had gotten engaged to a non-Christian man. In other words, our first difference with her was over a matter of sexual ethics. Since then, that difference has only widened. She has married an unbelieving man Jamin’s age, and she is fully supportive of these artistic pursuits of his.

https://dougwils.com/s7-engaging-the-culture/109934.html

No harm done, then, I guess. :pb_rollseyes:

Doug Wilson only *wishes* he looked so good with no clothes on.

Wesley also posted a video on Facebook of himself kicking ass in an MMA match. Dougie W ought to have a serious case of manliness envy.

I also love that he posted on the topic of ad hominem attacks and the entire post is one long ad hominem—"she's been to Portland, commence the pearl clutching! I'm not saying he abuses children, but, uh, he coached kid's wrestling!"

He's almost a self-parody at this point, I don't know how anyone—even his ardent supporters—can take this post seriously. He even misspelled "same sex marriage" as "same sex mirage" and I'm not sure if it was intentional.

Wesley also posted a video on Facebook of himself kicking ass in an MMA match. Dougie W ought to have a serious case of manliness envy.

I also love that he posted on the topic of ad hominem attacks and the entire post is one long ad hominem—"she's been to Portland, commence the pearl clutching! I'm not saying he abuses children, but, uh, he coached kid's wrestling!"

He's almost a self-parody at this point, I don't know how anyone—even his ardent supporters—can take this post seriously. He even misspelled "same sex marriage" as "same sex mirage" and I'm not sure if it was intentional.

Oh, it was. That's how he always spells it, because he's so mature. 

He's responding in the comment section right now.  

I am accidentally full of lies.  He's probably playing in there, but not under the name I thought he was (maybe).  Anyway, the comments section is a mess, but it's really easy to go play in there...if you are so inclined.  

I am accidentally full of lies.  He's probably playing in there, but not under the name I thought he was (maybe).  Anyway, the comments section is a mess, but it's really easy to go play in there...if you are so inclined.  

Doug barely moderates because he loves to see commenters fighting over Doug, Doug, Doug. He doesn't care if the attention is negative-- as long as it's attention. 

Doug barely moderates because he loves to see commenters fighting over Doug, Doug, Doug. He doesn't care if the attention is negative-- as long as it's attention. 

I made sure to keep typing out statements like "Douglas Wilson protected pedophiles by..." I don't understand how the Google (and other) bots work, but I'd like them to see his name associated with all kinds of sexual deviancy and cover up -- most especially the sexual deviancy and cover ups he actively participated in.  I probably should have stretched things further, like posing questions about Doug and bestiality and WWJD and such...just for fun and Google clicks.  Maybe next time.  I'm still learning the art of trolling.  Advice is appreciated. :turkey::my_rolleyes: 

Oh, yes, trolling CRECers can be quite entertaining. I prefer twitter because he's less likely to get his mob in there. They love to try to ask questions and get you answering so always answer with a question. If you can get them trotting answering your questions, that's fun. Also, keep interpreting back to them what they said. "Oh, so you admit Doug did lie?" "Oh, so you think it should be AOK for people with absolutely no seminary training to lead churches?" His DIL Heather Wilson has been trying to defend him on twitter as well. She gets all flustered. Heh Heh. 

https://biblicalsex.wordpress.com/2015/11/28/letter-from-doug-wilson/

Oh gosh, you guys, enjoy this. This is too much fun. 

Oh, I was so punked!  I thought as I began reading the first paragraph that these were Doug WIlson's OWN WORDS.  It is too much fun, and I'm going to spend more time at Biblical Manhood, Womanhood and Mawwriage.

ETA:  there are over 800 comments on the Jezehellsbells blog post, but absolutely no progress has been made, just endless volleying back and forth and back and forth and back and forth, with the same guys and a few women defending Doug and everyone making the same arguments about why Doug is right, because have to show Wesley and Natalie are the essence of depravity.   I have an "ick" feeling that some parts of Natalie's girlhood journals are going to end up being post by him in the next few days.  

Just stopped by Blog and Mablog to see if DW is continuing to shoot himself in the foot.  He styles himself to be the epitome, the acme, the very essence of clever prose, but I have decided that he has developed a new style of writing that I've crowned turbid prose -- it doesn't even rise to the level of turgid prose. Turbid because it just muddies the water and ultimately makes no sense. 

Doug did out a poster.  The guy (? Sather if I am remembering correctly) had been posting anonymously and DW basically felt he was doing a sock-type thing.

Can't remember now which post that went down on.

Holy. God.

I... I just cannot. What the hell is wrong with these people? No wonder Anna can't/won't leave. No wonder Meri is standing by her man child. 

Doug did out a poster.  The guy (? Sather if I am remembering correctly) had been posting anonymously and DW basically felt he was doing a sock-type thing.

Can't remember now which post that went down on.

It's on "Justice and the Ad Homininem"

I said in one comment there is no excuse for a grown man pastor to take a teen age girl in his office and question her on her sexuality and I had people defending it saying as long as the door was open it was fine. He said a fornicating teen boy was grosser than a 60 some odd pastor talking over sexual details with a teen girl.. Shees. I told him he was horrifying he'd better stay away from my daughters. and he accused me of using Ad Hominems. It's like Ad Hominem is the one Latin word they know so they go around using it all the time, like a 13 yr that just learned to cuss. 

I am not really familiar with the Sathers but John Sather has been calling Doug out on Twitter a bit. I'm thinking Ryan might be his son? That whole post has become such a melt down.He is so proud of the fact that he "caught" this dastardly sock poster he has actually moved it to the top of his post, so his crowing victory is the first thing you see. It's like a circus! One doesn't have to wonder too hard at how things like the Spanish Inquisition get started. 

It's horrifying how far they have gone. It's such a weird thing as Doug isn't huge nationally-in spite of all the debates and everything. But he holds so much over his congregation. They don't see how far they have left mainstream society, but then it would make them proud anyway. The comments on that post are at 886. 

It's horrifying how far they have gone. It's such a weird thing as Doug isn't huge nationally-in spite of all the debates and everything. But he holds so much over his congregation. They don't see how far they have left mainstream society, but then it would make them proud anyway. The comments on that post are at 886. 

Most people who are affected by Doug Wilson's teachings don't even know who Doug Wilson is. He is so influential with Reformed leaders/pastors/elders, many of whom won't even admit that they furtively read his blog when "nice Christians" aren't looking. 

Yeah, Doug's so clever. He figured out who Ryan Sather was because his email contained his name. It's almost as if Ryan wasn't trying to deceive Doug at all. Oh.

I get that it's not the most etiquettey thing to do, but when Ryan posted under his real name, there were some people who were super abusive toward him. I would have gone anon too. Only reason he came back using his real name, hence, creating the "dishonesty" of using both pseudonym and real name, is because Doug made the idiotic claim that backing Natalie up means liking Wesley's art. (Seriously . . . ). I don't know Ryan personally, but Doug's tactics drive me insane.

he just tells his followers to think something (Wesley's art, Ryan using a pseudonym) is evil and they do! Like magic!

Yeah, Doug's so clever. He figured out who Ryan Sather was because his email contained his name. It's almost as if Ryan wasn't trying to deceive Doug at all. Oh.

I get that it's not the most etiquettey thing to do, but when Ryan posted under his real name, there were some people who were super abusive toward him. I would have gone anon too. Only reason he came back using his real name, hence, creating the "dishonesty" of using both pseudonym and real name, is because Doug made the idiotic claim that backing Natalie up means liking Wesley's art. (Seriously . . . ). I don't know Ryan personally, but Doug's tactics drive me insane.

he just tells his followers to think something (Wesley's art, Ryan using a pseudonym) is evil and they do! Like magic!

Yeah, I personally find the kind of "performance art" Wesley does to be insufferable, but that's completely irrelevant. It has nothing to do with whether Doug handled Natalie's case properly or not. And he didn't. 

Well exactly.  Doug isn't doing what he does to try to prove to the world that he is right; he's singing a siren song to his choir from his pulpit (his blog).  They understand the purpose of his crazy logic precisely and he binds them ever closer to him -- strengthening their sense of belonging and superiority by taunting, insulting and disparaging outsiders and his critics.  To them, the entertainment factor stems from the appearance that Doug's critics (that's us and our ilk) are chasing our tails because critics are applying actual logic and factual arguments to Doug's silly slippery logic.  True, you can't really get a hold of silly slippery logic, but fortunately you can expose it for what it is.  Clarity and factual arguments are making sense to at least some Kirkers and CRECers.  May those numbers increase. 

At this point I think it's appropriate to watch the French Taunting scene from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Does it make sense relative to this specific situation?  Well, no.  But it is wonderfully silly. 

Just stopped by Blog and Mablog to see if DW is continuing to shoot himself in the foot.  He styles himself to be the epitome, the acme, the very essence of clever prose, but I have decided that he has developed a new style of writing that I've crowned turbid prose -- it doesn't even rise to the level of turgid prose. Turbid because it just muddies the water and ultimately makes no sense. 

It is so bizarre.  He makes no sense, but employs copious circumlocution as though that will add logic to his argument.  I may or may not have gotten involved with the Ad Hominem attack blog, and the comment section has a loyal group of supporters who thinks he shits rainbows.  That whole blog is about how ad hominem attacks aren't good, but in Doug's case, it's totally not the same and his attack on Natalie's husband's character is completely warranted and a valid way to engage in debate.  Some commenters actually seem to believe that. 

Oddly, another pastor (Ryan Sather) posted under a pseudonym, which apparently invalidated all of his remarks.  Doug takes that moment to attack and denounce him for poor character.  "Character" seems to be the dividing line between truth and falsehood for Doug's defenders.  I read on the NYT that one of the problems of the NSA schools is their students' inability to think critically and the problems they then have with debate (since the school is supposed to be modeled after classical education (but Chrisitianized, of course, http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/30/magazine/30Christian-t.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0).  I think several commenters wait to find something to denounce about someone's improper or lack of Christianity, and then dismiss their ideas completely.  It's such a foreign way to argue, at least to me.  My brother and I used to call that style "playing the God card," because it ends true debate and then becomes an issue of faith.

The comments section also seems to have  pretty big gender divide, not surprisingly.  There seems to be one "Mrs Mac" who likes Doug, but almost every other identifiably female commenter seems to have strong critiques.  

ETA: You guys were already discussing Sather, my apologies.  I've obviously been spending my time on the wrong forum, but still fighting the good fight.  

The comments section also seems to have  pretty big gender divide, not surprisingly.  There seems to be one "Mrs Mac" who likes Doug, but almost every other identifiably female commenter seems to have strong critiques.  

Doug has a couple other regular female commenters who just looooove him (Valerie [Kyriosity]) for one. But yes. There is a gender divide. I think there's at least three maybe more "Men's Rights"/"Red Pill" dudes who have been commenting approvingly of late. That disturbs me.

I grew up in Patriarchy and seeing a secular version of Patriarchy w/ extra vitriol popping up everywhere is scary.

I trawl the comment section from time to time to collect the nastiest quotes, so that if I ever need to compare what Doug DOES censor in his comments vs. what he allows, I'll be able to.

One of the guys on another post told a woman he wouldn't intervene if she was being raped, because she's a feminist. Disgusting

One of the guys on another post told a woman he wouldn't intervene if she was being raped, because she's a feminist. Disgusting

Doug has a couple other regular female commenters who just looooove him (Valerie [Kyriosity]) for one. But yes. There is a gender divide. I think there's at least three maybe more "Men's Rights"/"Red Pill" dudes who have been commenting approvingly of late. That disturbs me.

I grew up in Patriarchy and seeing a secular version of Patriarchy w/ extra vitriol popping up everywhere is scary.

I trawl the comment section from time to time to collect the nastiest quotes, so that if I ever need to compare what Doug DOES censor in his comments vs. what he allows, I'll be able to.

I like your hobby.  :Yes: Good way to keep important information on hand.  

The comment section is SO weird.  There's a definite men's rights feel for a lot of the commenters.  One posted a link about needing to teach female public school teachers not to rape their male students, and there's one who keeps trying to derail things to talk about the Sandy Hook "conspiracy."  We can learn so much from the company he keeps...  

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived