IGNORED

Pedophiles don't change their spots

fundiefan

Good to know, @onlyme!  I've come to really enjoy her crisp, incisive intellect and her quick wit; when those qualities are applied to the amazing breadth of topics in her blog, I'm hooked.  

One of the great things about FJ is the introduction to Katie Botkin's blog. 

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, and she's really popular with the X-CREC people and I've even seen moderate CREC people use her posts as a point to start a discussion. If Doug did try to do anything to her legally, there would be GoFundMe's or something started to help her with legal fees, in a heart beat. Of course, if it hadn't already been posted to Free Jinger, I would be passing it on! 

I think things are fizzling out a bit until the inquiry comes back with results. When those results are out, the next steps can be taken. Until then, it's mostly just rehashing the same facts, which people either get or they don't, and there is only so much you can do to change someone's mind.

We speculated some time back on Natalie's mom's allegiance to Doug. Natalie's dad explains it here

http://joypeacehope.blogspot.com/2015/09/an-open-letter-to-doug-wilson-who-is.html?m=1

He also describes what started as a Christian mission and turned into a cult, thigh I don't think he uses the C word.

A responder to Natalie's post calls Doug a crime boss.

12 hours ago, onlyme said:

I don't know Katie personally, I don't want to give that impression at all. But we do hold some loose mutual acquaintances. I'm 99.9% sure that if anything really bad was going on with her, I would have heard. I'm sure she's either really busy with work or meticulously crossing all her "t"s and dotting her "i"s. 

Katie Botkin has just updated her FB page ("Katherine Heline"):

Someone asked if I was OK since I haven't been blogging as much. Short answer: yes; I've been focusing on some other projects, TBA.

2 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Katie Botkin has just updated her FB page ("Katherine Heline"):

She's working on a novel! :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Katie Botkin is back!  She's doing an informal survey! kbotkin.com/

I know that a number of people have posted links to sources critical of Doug Wilson’s recent actions, or expressed critique themselves, and subsequently been contacted by CREC pastors, elders and their family members with various injunctions against posting/saying such things. Usually, these injunctions are worded as “you don’t know the whole story, so you shouldn’t be talking about it” or “you shouldn’t gossip.”

Sometimes they’re worded more strongly, with cautions against associating with the “slander” of “God-haters with an axe to grind,” etc etc. Sometimes, gross misrepresentations of these “God-haters” are even mixed in. Occasionally, threats may be involved. Quite a few of the people who have been thus contacted are not even CREC church members, which seems particularly meddlesome.

I would like to know how many people this has happened to, aside from the cases I’m already familiar with. I will post the results anonymously.

Things must be getting a little tense in CREC-ville; sounds like Kirk minions are spending a lot of time trying to put out brush fires; I'm personally hoping for a full scale conflagration.   

Moscowid.net is also relentlessly hammering DW/CREC every. single. day., often by simply quoting Doug Wilson's own damning words.  

Today's post (Mon, Jan 25th)  titled On Dehumanization is particularly good at explaining the dynamics in the church that create an in-group, us-them mentality from the very beginning of becoming a member of this congregation. 

Look, N.D. Wilson got a nice write-up in Entertainment Weekly about his new book series. Excerpt, trailer-- wow! 

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/01/26/nd-wilson-outlaws-of-time-trailer

No mention that he's one of the leaders of a racist, sexist, homophobic cult, but hey-- the editors of Entertainment Weekly probably don't even know that! Perhaps we should tell them in the comments section. 

Thought I'd share here that Ulysses of Moscowid.net has uncovered that Steven Sitler is now allowed to contact his past victims provided their parents consent. The victims do not need to be informed of what Sitler has done to them before this happens.

Two families have already consented to this.

icantbelievethiscanhappen.jpg

WTF??? So these are minor children who have not been given the words to know what has been done to them and their abuser has gotten court approval to retraumatize them???

WHY is CPS not involved if families are failing to protect their children from a sexual predator????

If I'm getting the timeline right, Sitler's offenses against these children happened more than 10 years ago, and only one of the families was willing to cooperate with law enforcement at the time. Who knows what mental gymnastics the others performed to decide that silence was best for their kids? I think I read that some of the children had been--at least so their parents hoped and believed--unaware that anything had happened.

So maybe now that they are old enough to be out of Sitler's range of attraction, the parents are thinking no harm no foul, and are ready to re-form the social circle that has been disrupted by this unpleasantness.

So, so  twisted.

Natalie Greenfield has stated on twitter that she has reached out to the victim families she knows and none of them have any part of this. Ulysses thinks, quite reasonably, that those who have consented so far may be relatives of Sitler.

So, you know, this would make Christmas and Thanksgiving a lot easier.

I'm worried about pressure within the Kirk for families to sign these documents as a sign of forgiveness (You don't want to be bitter, do you?) to try and give an air of normality to Sitler.

Cicero, I appreciate you posting here. Your blog, from the perspective of someone who knows this world and way of thinking well, has been instructive to me and I think you are brave to write it.

As for making Christmas and Thanksgiving easier... Having to watch my children like a paranoid hawk at every holiday would make it easier for me to find something else to do. So. Messed. Up. 

My fondest dream is that one of these children achieves majority and sues the pants off of all parties involved, especially Wilson and the Kirk as a corporate entity.

I am simply gobsmacked that any contact with children isn't prohibited under the terms of his probation.  I also simply cannot understand that the families of his victims have enabled him (they refused to press charges, which is why he is not serving life in prison) and now are considering letting him back into their lives with access to their children.  If they are indeed relatives, it seems worse, somehow. 

I also cannot understand why CPS has not removed the kid from this situation.  However, if all things that are happening are court approved, their hands would be tied, right?

Here's the other concern I have with the chaperones, assuming that Sitler is at home and not living at the sex offender motel.   So it's night, everyone is asleep except Steve Sitler, who now has access to his young son.  Would a chaperone sleep in the room with the kid to protect him from his own father?  The inherent insanity of this situation makes me come up with these kinds of crazy questions. 

[horrifying sarcasm]Maybe he figures some of the kids are now having kids and he wants to offer to stand godfather for them.  [/h.s.]

SHUDDER!!!!!!

It's perverse, what Wilson seems to be engineering. The parallels between his machinations and those of Jim Jones cannot be denied. Seriously horrifying. 

18 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

Cicero, I appreciate you posting here. Your blog, from the perspective of someone who knows this world and way of thinking well, has been instructive to me and I think you are brave to write it.

Thank you very much, I am glad it has been useful to you. I did see some comments here about me not posting in a while. Sometimes there are issues I keep my nose out of, like the plagiarizing scandal. Rachel Miller and Ulysses were much better equipped to handle that than I was so sometimes I stay silent on my blog to not divert from them.

22 hours ago, Cicero said:

Thank you very much, I am glad it has been useful to you. I did see some comments here about me not posting in a while. Sometimes there are issues I keep my nose out of, like the plagiarizing scandal. Rachel Miller and Ulysses were much better equipped to handle that than I was so sometimes I stay silent on my blog to not divert from them.

Is it allowable to ask for a link to your blog?

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived