IGNORED

Pedophiles don't change their spots

fundiefan

It was a wake up-a huge, earth quaking wake up. I got into some arguments on Etsy where I really was enlightened about how harmful the Christian approach to homosexuality has been. I couldn't stomach that anymore. And I was really sick of the shaming that went on with my teen age daughters. I felt to stay in the church would be abusive toward them. When I started questioning those two things everything else just began to unravel. But it hasn't been easy. Though we did wake up, it wasn't as early as it should have been and my daughters struggle with anxiety issues. We've been out for almost three years and still are struggling to get their voices out of our heads. My husband still believes a lot of their teachings, but he hardly ever goes, so there's a little tension with that. (rebellious girls we are.) But freedom is sublime. We walk by that old church all the time, it's just a few blocks from our house, and THANK GOD (in a more universal, cross cultural understanding of God sort of way.) THANK GOD we aren't there anymore! 

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some clown in the comments:

“A woman is not simply a caretaker of the house: she is a despot in it. If she says your boots get taken off in the mud room, you darn well better listen, because it’s her house.”

My favorite #LittlePatriarchyThing, when complementarian dudes try to make a case for women being servile to men as if it's a super empowering feminist thing! Instead of saying "womenfolk should stay in the kitchen and make me a sandwich," they say "women DOMINATE the kitchen, they are the lords and masters of mayonnaise and bologna, when they order me to eat a delicious sandwich they have made, I am their loyal slave!!!" Puh-leeeeeeze.

That makes me really happy. 

I wonder if she'll get a call from any elders. Her mom grew up in the church we went to, though I never knew her personally some of the others did. 

I seriously want to give that woman a standing ovation. The courage it takes for her to stand up and demand her voice be heard after everything they have done to her......she is more courageous than I was.

Natalie absolutely rocks.  Reading about her ordeal, I have so much compassion for her,  and so much respect for how she is speaking up for herself and other victims. She is shining a very bright light into a very dark corner of the CREC, whose leaders are scuttling around like a bunch of damned cockroaches*.  

*To be clear, I lived in the distant past in a house with a roach infestation.  I know what I'm talkin' about here.  If only the CREC infestation could be handled with boric acid and a can of RAID. 

She's amazing. She really is. She still has to walk around that town and see those people on a day to day basis. I can't imagine myself, at her age, being able to do what she is doing. Heck, I'm 46 now and I still don't think I could. 

Of course, sharing her posts far and wide is a good way to support her. The things she's having said about her in the comments on Doug's blog are horrifying. I know she sees them. I know it's easy to just look at what they say and tell your self that they're just a bunch of assholes, which is completely true. But still, there are tender spots and they know it, and they are beasts without any conscience, some of them. Retweets, FB shares, comments of support, etc. are a great way for us to help her when it gets rough. 

Came across Natalie's blog the other day, and wow; she's one inspiring character. I cannot fathom the courage and strength that it takes to handle her experiences and then publicly stand up to people with a large reach like Doug Wilson; she's a true hero. 

Totally unimportant - but Wilson makes this big deal of Scottish names, such as Kirk, St Andrew's and Greyfriars - does he realise that the last one is best known as the burial place of a faithful dog?

Totally unimportant - but Wilson makes this big deal of Scottish names, such as Kirk, St Andrew's and Greyfriars - does he realise that the last one is best known as the burial place of a faithful dog?

Given his grasp of American history, I'm going to guess:  NO.

Jezebel has picked up Natalie's case & provides background on it.

Came here to post the same thing, and you and onlyme beat me to it!  Glad it's getting more mainstream coverage. 

And of Billy Bunter's infamous school! 

The Greyfriar's Bobby story made me cry my eyes out as a child.

Natalie posted in the Jezebel thread: 

"There are amazing things about this town! Moscow is near and dear to my heart. All the ugliness surrounding Christ Church and my situation here hasn’t made me hate it...but we are moving soon. It’s just too hard to walk around and see my abuser every few weeks, not to mention running into 50 Christ Churches every time I leave the house. Time for a little freedom. But don’t get me wrong, I love Moscow and always will."

Doug has responded to the Jezebel story by posting links to videos of Natalie’s husband doing naked “performance art.”

“I told Natalie in an email a while ago that it was not possible to dig up half a corpse. But if you insist, if you demand, if you keep it up, if you finally get your story on Jezebel, the rest of the corpse comes too. So this is where we now are. You wanted the whole story, and we are almost there.”

Nice little threat at the end.  

https://dougwils.com/s7-engaging-the-culture/109921.html?utm_source=hootsuite

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived