IGNORED

Pedophiles don't change their spots

fundiefan

Doug has a couple other regular female commenters who just looooove him (Valerie [Kyriosity]) for one. 

Valerie is an interesting case. She moved to ID several years ago to join the Mothership of the cult although she'd been in a CREC Church for some years before that. She's single, never married, originally from MD, and a long time strap-hanger in the calvinista world. 

In her eyes, Doug Wilson and his minions can do no wrong:

Another specific megablessing has been my new office. Nancy saw the need to get me out of my isolation at home and installed me in a snug little spot in the church office building. Not only has it been great to get out of the house and interact with other human beings every day, it’s been a great perch from which to observe the life of the congregation. I especially appreciate seeing how our deacons serve our community. Once a week, a couple of them give up their lunch breaks to meet with folks who have practical needs. They don’t just throw money at situations; they get to know people and work on solving the problems underneath the problems. I am grateful to be be near the hub of our church life and to see others being blessed there, too.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Valerie is an interesting case. She moved to ID several years ago to join the Mothership of the cult although she'd been in a CREC Church for some years before that. She's single, never married, originally from MD, and a long time strap-hanger in the calvinista world. 

In her eyes, Doug Wilson and his minions can do no wrong:

I've been trying to figure that one out for a long time. Nancy gave Valerie a church office because she was too isolated? What does this woman do? How does she support herself? Is she a trust fund brat or something? She seems to have endless time on her hands. 

I've been trying to figure that one out for a long time. Nancy gave Valerie a church office because she was too isolated? What does this woman do? How does she support herself? Is she a trust fund brat or something? She seems to have endless time on her hands. 

Beats me. On her About page she says she's unemployed but it's out of date. In 2013, after one year  in Moscow, she says this:

I love my home. I am constantly amazed that I’ve been given the gift of this house. Living on one floor has made life so much easier. I’ve been delighted at the opportunity to start from scratch and decorate in a way that pleases me at every turn. I love being able to have people over for meals or cake or craft night. I love the smallness of the town and the convenience of pretty much everything I need.

Can't believe money of isn't involved, but, OTOH, it could also be some kind of bizarro covering or headship, as her blatherings on spinsterhood suggest:

For unmarried women, especially those who don’t have a protective family, there are practical ways the church can play the part of the brothers. Much of that role will fall to the elders, who can play the in loco parentis role in vetting suitors, but other folks can help, too. 

Valerie is so weird. She makes me nuts with her snub superiority complex. But I also could feel kind of sorry for her. She never mentions anyone outside of church and she obviously has no family. Maybe if she had to face what her church is she's afraid she's be utterly alone in the world. I have seen her around for a long, long time, she used to comment on Carmen's Buried Treasure years and years ago. 

Trinity Reformed Church sent Jamin Wight, child abuser, to Haiti on a mission trip in 2010 (couple years after conviction). http://moscowid.net/2015/12/02/jamin-wight-kirk-missionary The repentance package at the Moscow churches is awesome. Plea down to injury of a child, spend a little time in prison, get married, go to Haiti on missions. Lovely.

Trinity Reformed Church sent Jamin Wight, child abuser, to Haiti on a mission trip in 2010 (couple years after conviction). http://moscowid.net/2015/12/02/jamin-wight-kirk-missionary The repentance package at the Moscow churches is awesome. Plea down to injury of a child, spend a little time in prison, get married, go to Haiti on missions. Lovely.

Totally.  I mean, all you have to do is meet with Doug six times, do some reading on the side, and show a "repentant heart" (to someone whose judgment seems...off).  The benefits are outstanding!  Christ Church also offers sexual predators help with housing, finding a virgin bride, and best of all, getting a reduced jail sentence! 

It is THE place for abusers to head to. I mean, go to the office, sob over your sins and Doug will proudly and cheerfully write the judge and ask him to be lenient, and probably give you a job referral when it's all over. Where could a caught pervert nab a better break? 

It is THE place for abusers to head to. I mean, go to the office, sob over your sins and Doug will proudly and cheerfully write the judge and ask him to be lenient, and probably give you a job referral when it's all over. Where could a caught pervert nab a better break? 

And then if your victims have the nerve to fight back or even criticize you, Doug Wilson and his band of mouth-breathers totally take your part?! What's not to like? 

And hey! He'll find you a wife too, don't forget that part! 

Kinda wish he'd find a wife for Valerie too by mistake and then be like "oh my god what have I done"

Kinda wish he'd find a wife for Valerie too by mistake and then be like "oh my god what have I done"

Given Valerie's statements about spinsters under the covering of their local churches, one wonders what she'd do if Doug Wilson and his cult told her to marry someone like Wright or Sitler in one of the CREC congregations. 

Reading this made me sick to my stomach.

This is unconscionable.  This is proof positive that the church has grossly mishandled this case.  No reputable church anywhere would commission a mission trip for an individual with Wight's background.

No, Doug, you and your sister churches did NOT do everything correctly in these cases.

Can't wait (/sarcasm) to read the spin on this little doozy.

I think she had an office-type job for a long time in MD, so not a trust fund brat. She might have saved up enough to retire a little early or to live on savings while moving to Moscow. But the quote about the office reads to me like she has some type of job with the church (secretarial?) which she was doing from home and Nancy Wilson felt she needed to come into the church office to do the work because it would be better for her.

Bahahahaha.

Unbelievable.

There is an illuminating theocratic commentary happening on a recent Dougwils post--When Preaching the Gospel Isn't Preaching the Gospel.

--"We should be using corporal and capital punishment far more than we are."

--"History is full of cultural changes enacted at gun (cannon, sword, etc.) point. Culture is downstream from power."

--"politicians ... have been appointed by God to protect those whom they govern from evil and that what is evil is defined by God, not themselves or the prevailing culture."

--we should criminalize not only sodomy but public speech supporting homosexuality.

--we are arming and preparing for the coming civil war

Yes. It's true. And frankly, it's scary. There really isn't a huge leap from Islamist extremism to Fundamental Christian extremism. This branch of Christianity is so obsessed with their own correctness they draw a smaller and smaller circle around who they think are "real Christians" and those they think are sold out to the "liberal media", feminism, and liberalism especially around sexuality. But environmentalism, business regulation, property rights, gun rights, children's rights, all this too.  

If you enter the discussion on Doug's blog, eventually they will try to get you to expose what your point of view is so they can categorize you and ultimately dehumanize you. First you'll be accused of being a non Christian or a Feminazi (don't know how to spell that, not gonna look it up) if you say you are a Christian they'll try to determine if you are a liberal Christian, which is as bad as a non Christian. If they can corner you into any of these categories they will no longer see any reason to deal with you in any way other than to insult and attack. 

This branch of Christianity isn't actually all that concerned with "saving the lost" they are far more interested in theological correctness from their own point of view. Opposition only reinforces the story they tell themselves of the world hating Christ and that they are pure. No one else can stand their purity because they are under conviction from their consciences. They see anyone who opposes them as enemies of Christ and not worthy of any rights and not having anything worth while to say. The reason you all hate Doug isn't because he's a rude asshole. It's because he speaks the clear truth and you can't stand it because you love your own lies more than God. 

They may say they don't endorse violence, but how long will that last? They certainly do approve death sentences for homosexuals, adulterers, pagans or anyone else the Bible gives a death sentence for in the Old Testament Law. There is the story of the man who found a couple fornicating and ran his spear through them both right then and there and this is looked at with approval. They see the US government as being completely sold out to liberalism and barely legitimate. How far of a step is it to justify their own militias? 

It's time for Christianity to GROW UP. 

Interestingly enough, Doug seems to have gone all Loriken, on this post at least. He is deleting comments that take even mild issue with the efficacy of calling out unbelievers and insufficiently Christian Christians on our sin. (Ask me how I know this.)

Usually he seems to enjoy keeping the critics around for the invective that ensues, but I guess not this time.

@onlyme You are absolutely correct about the style of debate that occurs there.  It's fascinating, in a sick way.  They really want any information to discredit the character of the writer; there is no consideration for facts or truth.  That Ryan Sather/JP thing was but one example -- he had posted great comments, but once he was outed, commenters were decrying his character, trustworthiness, and all of his claims.  Then there were the commenters obsessed with derailing discussion by turning it to conspiracy theories... And so much name-calling on an article about ad hominem attacks -- it's almost funny.  

Except when you start noticing how much this branch of crazy fundamentalists has in common with other, crazy, extreme fundamentalists.  Then it becomes terrifying.

I hope he is getting scared.  He's shockingly callous and unapologetic.  Yet even when he apologizes, he doesn't, like this line from the Ad Hominem post: "I don’t know how the wrong story got into my head, but it did. It wasn’t a lie, but it certainly appears to have been false, and so I have apologized to Natalie for the error."

It wasn't a lie; I was just presenting false information.  Like the whole Ad Hominem post: ad hominem attacks are bad, but this one is okay, because Doug.  There are a lot of noisy people in the comments who believe and support those twisted lines of thought.  Just bizarre.  

Interestingly enough, Doug seems to have gone all Loriken, on this post at least. He is deleting comments that take even mild issue with the efficacy of calling out unbelievers and insufficiently Christian Christians on our sin. (Ask me how I know this.)

Usually he seems to enjoy keeping the critics around for the invective that ensues, but I guess not this time.

Honestly, I've seen really mild, gentle comments disappear into the abyss, with much more brazen ones staying. He enjoys pretending that anyone who disagrees with him is a wild eyed crazy person. For that reason, calm comments are actually worse than angry ones.

For those following this entire Kirk/CREC/Wilson/Sitler/Wight trainwreck but might be relatively late to the party, I wanted to share links to several bloggers in the Moscow community who are actively commenting with insight and clarity:

Katie Botkin blogs at Culture, Adventure, Stillness. She's currently focused on how Doug Wilson has mishandled sex abuse within the Kirk, but she blogs wonderfully about a wide variety of topics and experiences (Natural Movement, paleo diet, hiking, running into bears, world travel, rock climbing...).  She states specifically that anything she posts relative to the Kirk/CREC/Doug Wilson can withstand a legal challenge.  She's the niece of Geoff(!) Botkin, lives in the Moscow, ID area and knows many Kirkers and exKirkers.  She's at the top of my blog roll:  kbotkin.com

The Truth About Moscow can be found at  MoscowID.net    Current with almost daily posts and a timeline for Steven Sitler and a site likely to get under Doug Wilson's skin.  

For whom is this site intended? The broad answer to this question is anyone curious about the hype coming out of Moscow, Idaho. A more specific answer is listed with the various people below:

• Parents Considering New Saint Andrews College (NSA) for Their Child

• People Tempted to Move to Moscow

• Historians

CiceroKirk is the third blog:  cicerokirk.wordpress.com   As others have noted,  if you are criticizing DW & Co., best do it anonymously, especially if you are or were related to that community in some way.  CiceroKirk self identifies as "Reformed, Calvinistic Christian" and thus provides an almost internal critique.  As far as I can tell, there are only four blog posts, but each is thoughtful and worth reading. 

Julie Anne at SpiritualSoundingBoard.com covers  Kirk/CREC/DW periodically, and even went to Moscow this fall to interview pro and anti Kirkers.  She posted about an interview with Doug Wilson's daughter, Heather Wilson, whom she liked, but has not posted anything else, that I'm aware of.     TheWartburgWatch.com posts extensively about child abuse within evangelical churches. 

Please post up if you are reading other blogs that focus on the Kirk/CREC/DW. 

A couple more blogs:

Natalie Greenfield blogs about her experience with Jamin Wight and with the CREC. Her blog has been renamed recently: "A Voice Regained."

Rachel Miller takes on Doug and Nancy Wilson from a Reformed perspective in "Daughter of the Reformation."

On 12/5/2015, 8:33:05, Howl said:

Julie Anne at SpiritualSoundingBoard.com covers  Kirk/CREC/DW periodically, and even went to Moscow this fall to interview pro and anti Kirkers.  She posted about an interview with Doug Wilson's daughter, Heather Wilson, whom she liked, but has not posted anything else, that I'm aware of.  

I love your blog list but want to make a quick clarification regarding the bolded -- Heather Wilson is not Doug's daughter per se, but his daughter-in-law. She's the wife of Doug's son, Nate/N.D. Wilson. 

9 hours ago, libriatrix said:

I love your blog list but want to make a quick clarification regarding the bolded -- Heather Wilson is not Doug's daughter per se, but his daughter-in-law. She's the wife of Doug's son, Nate/N.D. Wilson. 

Thanks for that correction!  My goodness, she's a hardcore drinker of the Wilson Kool Aid and is dispatched to briefly parry with female bloggers in the comments section, particularly Katie Botkin.  Once challenged to provide facts, though, she doesn't return. 

Many have said that if you met Doug Wilson in person you'd like him (I wouldn't), and maybe Heather is the same way.  

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived