IGNORED

Let's Go Down the FJ Fundie Rabbit Hole!

punkiepie

Three magical words: Simple Living AK

There has never quite been anything like it. I still check in on their facebooks.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[search][/search]

I could be dead wrong but was it Libby (A Noble Calling)? Nice girl overall , aspired to be a Botkinette-type SAHD but her dad wasn't exactly thrilled with the idea: viewtopic.php?f=163&t=14439

Is this her?

(edit for riffle)

no, I don't think it was Libby because I remember her. It's been KILLING me since I posted this, too. I have searched and searched. I should NEVER update my blogroll because I take ones off that close up shop and then later wonder who I am trying to remember! :pull-hair:

I forgot about the Lockwood family- David and Jaynee and their 12 kids. They are quiverfull and moved to Mexico as missionaries; Jaynee's 12th pregnancy had serious complications that weren't properly tended to, and she ended up needing a hyterectomy in order to save her life. And then her husband engaged in some sort of inappropriate sexual relationship while they were missionaries in Mexico and they were forced to come back to the States.

She blogged about it, but in the vaguest of ways. They recently celebrated their 20th anniversary and it was nauseating. Especially when compared to the post before it, where she sounds betrayed and heartbroken.

lockwoodfamilytomexico.com

Punkie -- was it confirmed that it was a sexual issue? I thought there was talk it may have been sticky fingers in the offering plate?

What about the fundy family with Terry the cheating husband who shot his wife's dog.? The wife lost a lot of weight by juicing. She had a blog with a frou frou name... I keeping thinking its Post cards from the edge or some such...And there was a creepy father daughter purity ceremony that looked a lot like a wedding. Treasures in a box... It is late maybe it will come to me after some sleep.

What about the fundy family with Terry the cheating husband who shot his wife's dog.? The wife lost a lot of weight by juicing. She had a blog with a frou frou name... I keeping thinking its Post cards from the edge or some such...And there was a creepy father daughter purity ceremony that looked a lot like a wedding. Treasures in a box... It is late maybe it will come to me after some sleep.

Are you thinking of Cheryl from Treasures from a Shoebox?

I knew she deleted the mystical orange penis ferret story, but I didn't realize she had taken out Life's Choices too. :cry: It was a classic.

I mourn the loss of the mystical orange penis ferret fictional every day /sigh

If only we'd taken screenshots or copied it or something. Those were the good days. When the fictionals rained down on us like mana from the heavens.

Anyone know what happened to the one girl whose husband had the car accident or something and ended up with brain damage? They had a baby last time I read her blog, but I can't remember what her name was. They weren't super fundie, fundie-light maybe.

Punkie -- was it confirmed that it was a sexual issue? I thought there was talk it may have been sticky fingers in the offering plate?

Not Punkie, but I don't think that has been confirmed. They haven't disclosed the issue. We strongly suspect it sexual because of Janey's reactions, however.

Anyone know what happened to the one girl whose husband had the car accident or something and ended up with brain damage? They had a baby last time I read her blog, but I can't remember what her name was. They weren't super fundie, fundie-light maybe.

Larissa and Ian Murphy. They are big John Piper followers.

He has made an amazing recovery, considering how badly he was injured. I don't think anyone ever expected him to walk again or come as far as he has cognitively. His speech has also improved a lot.

She has a very tough life but they seem to be doing well. The baby is adorable.

Edit: Correction. Larissa and Ian don't have a baby but the Darlings do. See below.

adarlingkindoflife.com/ I haven't thought of them for a while. So, I just popped out to the blog and found what looks like her most recent post in January of this year and it is all about how she doesn't want to be around her husband, how she is only human, etc. Not much on her facebook, either.

For a while I was fascinated by ian and larissa, whose book came out in the last year-- he is apparently walking at least some, which should make life easier, and because of the book they are traveling quite a bit, or were for a while. Their blog ianandlarissa.com/ also hasn't been updated for about a month, but their website has a few things on it. They may be featured on some Oprah program or article (Is oprah still on?)

Larissa and Ian Murphy. They are big John Piper followers.

He has made an amazing recovery, considering how badly he was injured. I don't think anyone ever expected him to walk again or come as far as he has cognitively. His speech has also improved a lot.

She has a very tough life but they seem to be doing well. The baby is adorable.

To my knowledge Larissa doesn't have a baby, however, they have a sibling, sibling's spouse and a little niece living with them (I suspect but am not certain that the sibling is Ian's brother)

^^^

You are absolutely right, Salex. I was confusing the Darlings with the Murphys. I was just going to edit my post to correct that error.

That January post on adarlingkindoflife is really sad. I hope they are all right.

Do you mean the programs imply he actually intended to murder her or that he murdered her with his unbelievable carelessness? I didn't look at it other than the links to articles in the Josh Beasley thread but now I'm more intrigued.

I think I have mixed my wife killers killers up. I'm thinking of a guy from Louisiana who'd married the daughter of a preacher after a brief courtship (and they did practice good ol' fundie courtship) and then shot her after a few months. He seems to have fallen for a woman EMT that he worked with and so decided to murder his wife. I do remember the guy who claimed that he was playing a game with his wife and shot her accidentally. He still ought to be in prison.

The guy is Louisiana got life, if my memory is correct. He claimed that someone came by the house the day before to buy the gun and that guy must be the murderer. Good detective work proved him a liar. There was no gun-buying stranger

I think I have mixed my wife killers killers up. I'm thinking of a guy from Louisiana who'd married the daughter of a preacher after a brief courtship (and they did practice good ol' fundie courtship) and then shot her after a few months. He seems to have fallen for a woman EMT that he worked with and so decided to murder his wife. I do remember the guy who claimed that he was playing a game with his wife and shot her accidentally. He still ought to be in prison.

The guy is Louisiana got life, if my memory is correct. He claimed that someone came by the house the day before to buy the gun and that guy must be the murderer. Good detective work proved him a liar. There was no gun-buying stranger

You're thinking of Couty Alexander who killed his wife Christa. They were a Fundie couple who had a no-touch courtship. She had just found out she was pregnant and he shot her in the head.

My first fundies were actually the young ladies of YLCF--which is bafflingly still around (now as Kindred Grace). These ladies are the reason I'm "FormerlyFundyLite"--I don't know that I would've fallen into fundie-dom without them. Gretchen Acheson was the founder and ringleader (and still is, as the only one of these four still around, I think), but Natalie Nyquist (who used to post here sometimes as AragornsRose or something like that), Ashleigh Baker, and Lanier Ivester were pretty up there in the ministry. They're the ones that indirectly introduced me, in a positive light, no less, to Doug Phillips (is a TOOL!) and VisionForum, the Botkin sisters, and some other fundies that I can't remember off the top of my head.

YLCF is also the reason I found FJ in the first place, back in the Yuku days--before I realized how nutty fundamentalism is. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out why Natalie had disappeared from the YLCF board, so I was trying to find some info on her and wound up at Yuku. That probably would've been in 2010, I think.

Apologies for any incoherence--still getting over some nasty virus that knocked me out last week. Also, edited for riffles.

I found the Josh Beasley story of the shooting highly suspicious. The Beasley family's public statements after Alaina's death were so unfeeling. Actually, callous. It was Joshua who was the real victim, folks. Her parents made a statement, IIRC, that while they didn't think Josh's shooting her was premeditated it wasn't an accident.

On a lighter note, I wish Emily of Regency Dresses hadn't made her blog private. She was hilarious with her squeals of persecution when people in Wal-mart did double-takes when she swept in wearing a calico dress with a train and a bonnet. Then she'd go ranting on and on about other people's immodest dress. The harlots!

Her husband came to play with us on yuku but deleted all his posts (you could do that then) when he flounced. I think he was angry because we commented on his dressing up in a kilt. ;)

The last we heard she was trying to sell her dreadful Regency dresses (she really couldn't sew) to raise the money so they could adopt a baby for Jesus. She was Mormon, but deeply into VF and Above Rubies.

You're thinking of Couty Alexander who killed his wife Christa. They were a Fundie couple who had a no-touch courtship. She had just found out she was pregnant and he shot her in the head.

Ohh ok, thanks to you both. I'm going to look into him now. I'm a sucker for true crime and true crime with a fundie twist sounds even more interesting.

Another blogger that I remember well, but couldn't read because it made me too upset, was the blond woman with the cold eyes who had a little girl that the dad "disciplined" (spanked and prayed with) for a full day. I think they adopted an boy later on. What was the name of her blog? Really disturbing.

Another blogger that I remember well, but couldn't read because it made me too upset, was the blond woman with the cold eyes who had a little girl that the dad "disciplined" (spanked and prayed with) for a full day. I think they adopted an boy later on. What was the name of her blog? Really disturbing.

Kendull...lovely creature....

Kendull...lovely creature....

But she gave us the word riffles.

I miss the good old days and I wasn't even here! It was obviously a treasure trove of fundie delights. Thank goodness we new members can read all about them in the archives. Amazing stuff in this thread alone.

On a lighter note, I wish Emily of Regency Dresses hadn't made her blog private. She was hilarious with her squeals of persecution when people in Wal-mart did double-takes when she swept in wearing a calico dress with a train and a bonnet. Then she'd go ranting on and on about other people's immodest dress. The harlots!

Her husband came to play with us on yuku but deleted all his posts (you could do that then) when he flounced. I think he was angry because we commented on his dressing up in a kilt. ;)

The last we heard she was trying to sell her dreadful Regency dresses (she really couldn't sew) to raise the money so they could adopt a baby for Jesus. She was Mormon, but deeply into VF and Above Rubies.

I forgot about Regency Emily and her oh-so-modest apparel. She was... special, for sure.

Could someone help me out? :D I'm trying to figure out Cabinetman. I've been through his threads and seen references to his either coming to FJ or was he just speaking "to" FJ via his blog? I tried searching a few ways and couldn't figure it out. Trying to trace his flounce to Alaska. 8-)

Could someone help me out? :D I'm trying to figure out Cabinetman. I've been through his threads and seen references to his either coming to FJ or was he just speaking "to" FJ via his blog? I tried searching a few ways and couldn't figure it out. Trying to trace his flounce to Alaska. 8-)

Cabinetman was (and still is, I think) an FJ member. He didn't have a high post count so you may not have noticed him. I think his final exit was somewhere in a thread about him wrangling a bull. And losing. Damn, he was funny.

He never went to Alaska. He just pretended to go there. :)

Cabinetman was (and still is, I think) an FJ member. He didn't have a high post count so you may not have noticed him. I think his final exit was somewhere in a thread about him wrangling a bull. And losing. Damn, he was funny.

He never went to Alaska. He just pretended to go there. :)

Thank you!! I found the bull thread and O...M...G. That man is scary! And of course his user name is cabinetman. I should have thought of that one. Ha. He has around 30 something posts so I guess I'll be doing a little more reading tonight. :)

Archived