IGNORED

Let's Go Down the FJ Fundie Rabbit Hole!

punkiepie

Anyone remember the fundie woman who was newly-married (I think), had a job but was then 'brought home' by her husband and a whole bunch of people from their church, who actually invaded her workplace to do so? I remember reading the blog post, and finding it wtf-worthy, but can't find it again now. I seem to recall the blog included a picture of a little girl from the church with the caption something like 'A girl who will never have to go to work!!!!111!!!'.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone remember the fundie woman who was newly-married (I think), had a job but was then 'brought home' by her husband and a whole bunch of people from their church, who actually invaded her workplace to do so? I remember reading the blog post, and finding it wtf-worthy, but can't find it again now. I seem to recall the blog included a picture of a little girl from the church with the caption something like 'A girl who will never have to go to work!!!!111!!!'.

She didn't have a blog. It was the women at ahh the life who blogged about it.

Thank you!! I found the bull thread and O...M...G. That man is scary! And of course his user name is cabinetman. I should have thought of that one. Ha. He has around 30 something posts so I guess I'll be doing a little more reading tonight. :)

Boobert (aka Cabinetman) is a sad, pathetic little man who beats his chest and screams to make himself feel bigger, stronger and tougher than he really is. I think his ideas and beliefs are disgusting and I feel sorry for his wife because he treats her like crap, but I don't think he's all that scary, just ridiculous.

Didn't her husband go to jail for selling guns illegally and he acted like he was the victim of the federal government? I thought she was the one where they asked people to provide money for her to stay at home while her husband was in jail but eventually took it down. They had adopted two children, I think. Or am I mixing up my fundies who do illegal things for Jesus?

Didn't her husband go to jail for selling guns illegally and he acted like he was the victim of the federal government? I thought she was the one where they asked people to provide money for her to stay at home while her husband was in jail but eventually took it down. They had adopted two children, I think. Or am I mixing up my fundies who do illegal things for Jesus?

Oh maybe. I just knew the Ahhh the life post.

Goodness me, the arrogance of some of these people. I'm loving the Dougie Phillips (notable tool and rapist) threads because I know he gets brought down. It's a nice change from the usual hopeless, unchanging fundamentalist misery.

Oh yes, Bringing Home Rebecca. That was all kinds of WTF with her church members invading the workplace. I bet her boss and coworkers were not sorry to see her go.

And now she's with two adopted kids and a husband who went to jail over illegal firearms. What is it with women who are required to not work and stay home by their husbands and then same husband is found to be irresponsible and cannot do right by his family? Whether it's getting in trouble with the law (Rebecca's husband) or quitting good jobs to grift (here's looking at you Gil) or just all around messing up (Joshley Madison)? :angry-banghead:

Wasn't that "Bringing Home Rebecca?" I remember that because when I first saw the title, I thought it was going to be about bringing home a terminally ill person or a child after a long illness or something like that. Sort of along the lines of the Brooke Ellison.

Wasn't that "Bringing Home Rebecca?" I remember that because when I first saw the title, I thought it was going to be about bringing home a terminally ill person or a child after a long illness or something like that. Sort of along the lines of the Brooke Ellison.

That was the name of the blog post and it seems like the Ahh the Life women pulled it after the guy got arrested and the woman was left struggling to support herself and her two kids while he went to jail.

That was the name of the blog post and it seems like the Ahh the Life women pulled it after the guy got arrested and the woman was left struggling to support herself and her two kids while he went to jail.

Iirc, Ahh The Life made a big fuss of collecting donations for Rebecca because her children wouldn't be able to handle losing their father to prison and then their mother to a day job... The nutty thing is, they really do think that having a working mom is the same as an incarcerated or dead mom. I guess if the kids go hungry, at least they go hungry being homeschooled by their godly, self-martyring mother.

Iirc, Ahh The Life made a big fuss of collecting donations for Rebecca because her children wouldn't be able to handle losing their father to prison and then their mother to a day job... The nutty thing is, they really do think that having a working mom is the same as an incarcerated or dead mom. I guess if the kids go hungry, at least they go hungry being homeschooled by their godly, self-martyring mother.

That is all kinds of messed up. :wtf:

The implicit insult here to all the single parent mothers who worked their asses off to provide not only a home and food, but also opportunities for their futures, has me spitting with rage. My mother was a single parent in 1956 London, with two school age and one pre schooler(me). She had left school at 14 because of family economics, but always took evening classes /studied alone. In 1961 she bought a house - unusual for working class families in London at that time, but almost unheard of for a single mother. My brother , sister and I are all professionals, and so proud of our magnificent mum!

The devaluation of the effort of those women who provided for their families(no gofundme in those days..)is making me so angry I a becoming even more incoherent than usual :angry-banghead:

Menstrual Meat Squater what the fuck did I just read? lol

I'm still trying to figure out the Vyckie thing with the forum's search function. I had no idea there was such a negative opinion of her here until very recently.

I think the most recent rabbit hole I've been down is the Burris fiasco (not fundie, but a user)

I'm really enjoying this thread. Not only is it interesting to rehash the 'good old days' before so many fundies flounced or went private - I am enjoying reading the posts of old FJ members we don't hear much from now.

One fundie I wish I could follow up on had a blog that was titled stay at home farm girl or something like that (can't remember exactly). She was a sweet girl but it sounded like her step father was nasty (I wondered about abuse). For example she had a cow that she loved and cared for. He made her butcher it and eat it to prove she wasn't worshiping it or some such non sense. He made her stop blogging and in an instant she disappeared entirely from the web. She made one post that made it to FJ. She talked about why it was so horrible tp wear pants and posted a picture of jeans with a big arrow pointing to the crotch.

Wasn't our friend John Robert Moore at the "Bringing Home Rebecca" debacle? Care to enlighten us, JR? Was it as horribly awkward as it looks????

The implicit insult here to all the single parent mothers who worked their asses off to provide not only a home and food, but also opportunities for their futures, has me spitting with rage. My mother was a single parent in 1956 London, with two school age and one pre schooler(me). She had left school at 14 because of family economics, but always took evening classes /studied alone. In 1961 she bought a house - unusual for working class families in London at that time, but almost unheard of for a single mother. My brother , sister and I are all professionals, and so proud of our magnificent mum!

The devaluation of the effort of those women who provided for their families(no gofundme in those days..)is making me so angry I a becoming even more incoherent than usual :angry-banghead:

Your mum sounds like mine. Mine was a single mother (and considered by Lacock villagers to be rather brash because of her Aussie accent, even though she is really well spoken) in England in the mid-sixties. She eventually moved back to Australia with me in 1970, worked as a teacher for a few years, bought a block of land and had a home built, sewed, knitted, kept on as a teacher, studied more, became a Senior Teacher, and now, spends her much deserved retirement years travelling the world.

The way these fundy types look down at single mothers makes me angry, too.

One fundie I wish I could follow up on had a blog that was titled stay at home farm girl or something like that (can't remember exactly). She was a sweet girl but it sounded like her step father was nasty (I wondered about abuse). For example she had a cow that she loved and cared for. He made her butcher it and eat it to prove she wasn't worshiping it or some such non sense. He made her stop blogging and in an instant she disappeared entirely from the web. She made one post that made it to FJ. She talked about why it was so horrible tp wear pants and posted a picture of jeans with a big arrow pointing to the crotch.

I don't really remember that blogger, but I remember the picture. Did an old poster have it for an avatar, maybe?

I'm really enjoying this thread. Not only is it interesting to rehash the 'good old days' before so many fundies flounced or went private - I am enjoying reading the posts of old FJ members we don't hear much from now.

You are thinking about this post- dedicateddaughter.blogspot.com/2011/05/why-do-you-not-wear-pants.html It's not there anymore, but I found the thread referencing it.

post-1196-14452000805343_thumb.jpg

Does anyone else remember the dear little Godly mouse torturer? Anna, perhaps?

I was convinced that she made the story up to rile us all, but she had to have a pretty sick mind to imagine it in the first place.

Does anyone else remember the dear little Godly mouse torturer? Anna, perhaps?

I was convinced that she made the story up to rile us all, but she had to have a pretty sick mind to imagine it in the first place.

It was Anna from Damsel in Delight. Her mouse torture story has been saved on another forum.

fstdt.proboards.com/thread/6985

Sissy got me some of those sticky traps, and I set one by the pumpkin seed fragments in anticipation. A few days later I heard this squeaky nose across the room... sure enough, I'd gotten a little one. After I got out of bed I knelt down to be at eye-level with the mouse, and blew in his face. I think he almost had a heart attack. I'm not for animal cruelty or anything, but this little guy was fascinating! I broke a twig off of my dwarf pomegranate tree and poked him in the belly. There came from out of his mouth a type of mouse-scream. Then I stuck the twig under his nose, and after he bit it with his long teeth I flipped the whole sticky board upside down to see his response. More mousy-screams.

This went on for 20 minutes or so, and then I decided it was time to stop tormenting the mouse and start my day. I let him sit there for a good 24 hours not undisturbed. The next day I decided I would be nice and 'rescue' him. After getting some latex gloves from the barn, I carefully pulled him off the trap and put him in a large plastic container previously used for holding dried bay leaves. I don't think he liked the smell. I named him Edward, gave him some more pumpkin seeds, and let him be. Unfortunately mice don't do well in captivity, and he died the next day. And then he decomposed with the pumpkin seeds until I remembered his existence several days later.

Anyone remember the fundie that joined here to try and get people to snark on a blogger who annoyed her and then had an epic tantrum and flounce? OfASingleVoice, I think is her name. She was the one who blogged complaining that a fat person dared to be in her pro-life picture and bitched about the Catholics who were nice to her. She was going to be a "missionary" in Africa. I wonder how that went.

Anyone remember the fundie that joined here to try and get people to snark on a blogger who annoyed her and then had an epic tantrum and flounce? OfASingleVoice, I think is her name. She was the one who blogged complaining that a fat person dared to be in her pro-life picture and bitched about the Catholics who were nice to her. She was going to be a "missionary" in Africa. I wonder how that went.

I remember her! What a spiteful, hateful young person she was.

It was Anna from Damsel in Delight. Her mouse torture story has been saved on another forum.

fstdt.proboards.com/thread/6985

Sissy got me some of those sticky traps, and I set one by the pumpkin seed fragments in anticipation. A few days later I heard this squeaky nose across the room... sure enough, I'd gotten a little one. After I got out of bed I knelt down to be at eye-level with the mouse, and blew in his face. I think he almost had a heart attack. I'm not for animal cruelty or anything, but this little guy was fascinating! I broke a twig off of my dwarf pomegranate tree and poked him in the belly. There came from out of his mouth a type of mouse-scream. Then I stuck the twig under his nose, and after he bit it with his long teeth I flipped the whole sticky board upside down to see his response. More mousy-screams.

This went on for 20 minutes or so, and then I decided it was time to stop tormenting the mouse and start my day. I let him sit there for a good 24 hours not undisturbed. The next day I decided I would be nice and 'rescue' him. After getting some latex gloves from the barn, I carefully pulled him off the trap and put him in a large plastic container previously used for holding dried bay leaves. I don't think he liked the smell. I named him Edward, gave him some more pumpkin seeds, and let him be. Unfortunately mice don't do well in captivity, and he died the next day. And then he decomposed with the pumpkin seeds until I remembered his existence several days later.

Thanks. I think. She is a little horror. And the bolded is bull.

As a PSA: If you ever find a mouse on one of those vile traps kill it as quickly and painlessly as you can. There is no way you can pull a mouse off a glue trap without copious amounts of mineral oil/other solvent. Even then you will still probably leave limbs attached anyway and it will die of shock in the process.

Yes, Bringing Home Rebecca. Thanks folks! I'd forgotten that the blog post about it was on the 'Ah the life' blog, and that her husband went to prison.

Archived