IGNORED

Let's Go Down the FJ Fundie Rabbit Hole!

punkiepie

Jennifer Mckinney, aka MckMama, came to everyone's attention when she was blogging about her sick kid. Then it all went to hell. She grifts, she sells diet pills, her houses catch on fire, her husband -- Israel -- gets kicked out, comes back home, gets kicked out again, she allegedly hides income and gets audited, and she loooooooves Jesus! The FJ archive has a lot of info (and wasn't GOMI documenting her, too?), but if you just google her nickname all kinds of stuff pops up.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was some girl we used to follow around the time of Lina who also had a "staying pure til marriage" blog - she was very sweet and had long dark hair. I think he blog was something about walking with Jesus or staying pure for Him or something like that.

Also - who can forget the drama that was V y c k i e' ' s daughter, Angel's, blog? The whole unfolding of that tale and her separating from her family was so interesting. The last blog I have for her is angelreneene.blogspot.com and tireswingadventures.blogspot.com. She really went through so much - hope she is doing well.

Well, thanks, LilMissMetaphor! You have robbed me of my entire Saturday. I have spent HOURS reading all 73 pages of the AD thread. I could not tear myself away! Occasionally I would realize my husband was trying to engage me in conversation and it got awkward as I tried to feign interest, while not even really hearing his comments. I have now, thanks to you, fallen woefully behind on current threads! I am beyond pissed at you and have just one question: did we ever hear from her again? I checked her posts but am completely drained of stamina to pursue her further. So I don't know what happened to her, her sisters or her entire family. Fuck. I need a drink. :pull-hair:

She is on Facebook, as are some of her family members, though none of them post much/post much publicly. PM me if you want her name--I don't know if it's ok to state here, probably not. I really wouldn't be surprised if she was still hanging around FJ, under one alias or another. She's like a dog that keeps trying to push its way through a closed door.

This trimming or snipping doesnt really work on my mobile, but I forgot to add that I wasn't allowed to eat Lucky Charms as a kid, because luck was of the devil- we were blessed. So while Taryn is still crazy, she was very much in line with regular Fundie and Fundie lite people of the 80's and 90's.

I can't remember her name or the blog (I recall it used to switch rapidly between private and public) anymore, but one of the saddest women I learned about was a divorced woman with teenage children, who lived under the authority/charity of some minuscule little cult of patriarchy, I think in the midwest. She covered her hair with a kerchief, worked hard to make sure her and her daughter's clothing was absolutely the plainest and least attractive possible (for real), and was saddened that her children visited her non-fundy ex still sometimes I think.

Is this ringing bells for anyone? I think the blog had the word submission or obedience in it. I'd love to look her up again. Hopefully they are happier now.

She is on Facebook, as are some of her family members, though none of them post much/post much publicly. PM me if you want her name--I don't know if it's ok to state here, probably not. I really wouldn't be surprised if she was still hanging around FJ, under one alias or another. She's like a dog that keeps trying to push its way through a closed door.

I second that. I just finished after I don't know how many hours and lost brain cells :shock: That is most definitely one that should have been done with alcohol :lol:

And she posted videos??? WTF???

I remember AD was the reason I finally made an official account (I had just been reading since before the rapture), simply so I could call out her bullshit.

Honestly not sure what was troubling her mind so that she craved/needed such constant pity and wanted to pretend to be more helpless than she was, but I sincerely hope she is in a better place now (and also that she never has children. No need to pass the crazy on).

Edit: Just checked out her social media. No obvious signs that she has matured. :(

I can't remember her name or the blog (I recall it used to switch rapidly between private and public) anymore, but one of the saddest women I learned about was a divorced woman with teenage children, who lived under the authority/charity of some minuscule little cult of patriarchy, I think in the midwest. She covered her hair with a kerchief, worked hard to make sure her and her daughter's clothing was absolutely the plainest and least attractive possible (for real), and was saddened that her children visited her non-fundy ex still sometimes I think.

Is this ringing bells for anyone? I think the blog had the word submission or obedience in it. I'd love to look her up again. Hopefully they are happier now.

Joanne. She divorced her first husband then remarried before deciding that only first marriages are valid so she left him and took up residence in a church basement. IIRC, she sold her home and drug her kids to another state to place herself under the headship of the church leaders. Her blog is fewtherebethatfindit.blogspot.com/?m=1

I'm getting a bit concerned for my own mental health. I remember way to many of these Fundies.

I went through the 70 page thread too. Very WTF. Especially when she says "I WANT THEM TO WANT ME", them being the FJ'ers who offered her pages and pages of links and ideas and assistance, until throwing up their hands. Very needy, that one.

She commented on a few, but mainly Zsu.

A few times, Zsu had to tell her to tone down the crazy....

Wow- if Zoo Zoo says "shut it down girl, thats OTT" it's gotta be bad... :o

I would love to know how her and her son are but she disappeared from MDC even earlier than she abandoned the blog. I always feared that she had built pregnancy, birth and motherhood up so much that reality would be a let down and she would suffer horrible PPD/PPP. I hope they are well though and that she found whatever it was she was searching for.

If I'm interpreting her posts correctly, she had two daughters prior to being pregnant with eleventy11!1! fetuses. They adopted a foster baby and then had another daughter with medical intervention from a reproductive endocrinologist. She was the mother of two prior to the birth of her son and apparently they weren't enough to fulfill the gaping hole she had in her psyche. I doubt that having a third child will have any impact on that hole. What she needed was some long-term counseling to help her deal with her feelings of inadequacy at not being able to have the 28 children she thought she would have when she got married. She believes the quantity of children matters to God and her role in eternity (her words) rather than the quality of the family she already has. I wish her well and hope that she has come to to the realization that the absolute number of blessings children does not equal God's love for her.

Two bloggers that never were my favourites, but were discussed a lot here when I was new:

Anna T. (?) A fundie blogger that was really popular among the fundie bloggers and on a lot of their blog rolls. It was later revealed that she wasn't a christian fundie, but an orthodox jew, living in Israel. She had a lot of opinions about birth control and women staying home and had to backpedal a lot when reality hit her. She was absolutely opposed to women working outside the home, yet had to take a job in a shop (I think) when her husband lost his job and complained bitterly about it on her blog. She had two kids and seemed totally exhausted and I think she did some kind of naturally family planning after that.

The American woman who married a Scottish man, moved to some remote island in Scotland, wore headcoverings and couldn't find a church that she liked. Her husband wasn't fundy at all, I don't even think he was that religious. Anybody remember her name?

And also Sherry at Be a Living Sacrifice or something like that. Had a dozen kids, tragically lost her last baby, looked like a Real Housewife of Fundiedom, loved everything that was pink, frilly and Victorian and finally went to Mackinac Island where her favourite movie, Somewhere in Time with Jane Seymore, was shot.

viewforum.php?f=235

Her Pinterest board, where you can see a photo of her and get an idea of her taste in interiour design:

https://www.pinterest.com/blessedmommyx11/

The American woman who married a Scottish man, moved to some remote island in Scotland, wore headcoverings and couldn't find a church that she liked. Her husband wasn't fundy at all, I don't even think he was that religious. Anybody remember her name?

Michelle from Farm Hijabi.She always seemed like a very lost soul to me. Probably a nice enough person,but trying very hard to force herself into a mould that didn't fit. And taking her reluctant family along for the ride.

Is it just me,or did we discuss more fundies then?it feels like we hyper focus on a fairly small numbet now.

If I'm interpreting her posts correctly, she had two daughters prior to being pregnant with eleventy11!1! fetuses. They adopted a foster baby and then had another daughter with medical intervention from a reproductive endocrinologist. She was the mother of two prior to the birth of her son and apparently they weren't enough to fulfill the gaping hole she had in her psyche. I doubt that having a third child will have any impact on that hole. What she needed was some long-term counseling to help her deal with her feelings of inadequacy at not being able to have the 28 children she thought she would have when she got married. She believes the quantity of children matters to God and her role in eternity (her words) rather than the quality of the family she already has. I wish her well and hope that she has come to to the realization that the absolute number of blessings children does not equal God's love for her.

Wow, I'm going to have to go back down that rabbit hole because I don't remember her ever talking about having other kids before her son. I was most familiar with her MDC posts (rather than her blog) but it has been many years since I read any of her stuff. If she did have 2 daughters before having her son then I agree that it is highly unlikely that anything changed without lots of therapy. I wonder made her abandon the blog and disappear. I guess it is time to search and see if she popped up anywhere else.

Michelle from Farm Hijabi.She always seemed like a very lost soul to me. Probably a nice enough person,but trying very hard to force herself into a mould that didn't fit. And taking her reluctant family along for the ride.

Is it just me,or did we discuss more fundies then?it feels like we hyper focus on a fairly small numbet now.

That's her, thank you!

I too think that the fundie gallery was a lot bigger (and more fun) a few years ago. I wonder if it is because having open blogs was more popular before 2010 or so and then everybody moved to Facebook instead. Also, with Doug Phillips and Gothard being disgraced, a lot of their blogging followers stopped. I really miss Vision Forum's glory days, it was the gift that kept on giving.

Two bloggers that never were my favourites, but were discussed a lot here when I was new:

Anna T. (?) A fundie blogger that was really popular among the fundie bloggers and on a lot of their blog rolls. It was later revealed that she wasn't a christian fundie, but an orthodox jew, living in Israel. She had a lot of opinions about birth control and women staying home and had to backpedal a lot when reality hit her. She was absolutely opposed to women working outside the home, yet had to take a job in a shop (I think) when her husband lost his job and complained bitterly about it on her blog. She had two kids and seemed totally exhausted and I think she did some kind of naturally family planning after that.

And also Sherry at Be a Living Sacrifice or something like that. Had a dozen kids, tragically lost her last baby, looked like a Real Housewife of Fundiedom, loved everything that was pink, frilly and Victorian and finally went to Mackinac Island where her favourite movie, Somewhere in Time with Jane Seymore, was shot.

viewforum.php?f=235

Her Pinterest board, where you can see a photo of her and get an idea of her taste in interiour design:

https://www.pinterest.com/blessedmommyx11/

Didn't something weird happen with Sherry's husband? Her daughter blogged too, didn't she.

I really miss Vision Forum's glory days, it was the gift that kept on giving.

You and me both. Good old Dougie wrote half the LOLs himself. It was just finding the right picture to put it with.

I have lost so many hobbies in the last few years. VF closed up shop so no more LOLDOUGS, #harzardousjourneys, or google bombing Doug Phillips is a Tool! Taryn stopped commenting, so no more imitating her. BRADRICK! closed up shop, so no more filling out fake help desk tickets.

Sigh, I've tried to find a new hobby, but nothing is quite as fun. :cry:

Anna still lives in Israel, somewhere in the settlements I think. They've moved a couple of times since the girls were born. She now has a baby boy to add to the mix. I knew she wasn't going to stop having kids until that boy came along.I don't know whether she's just a complainer or super low energy, but man, did she ever bitterly resent having to work for those few months! I had to laugh, because at the same time, my husband had also been laid off and I was working two jobs to keep us afloat. Although I was tired, I was nowhere *near* as fussed as she was.

No, you are right- back in the day we discussed a lot more people then we do now. But that's because so many of them flounced or made their blogs private- so there wasn't much new we could learn about them. Which is why they kinda fell off of our radar.

Even now, going through this thread, almost all of them no longer have or update their blog- the only thing we have left of them are the discussion threads.

[search][/search]

There was some girl we used to follow around the time of Lina who also had a "staying pure til marriage" blog - she was very sweet and had long dark hair. I think he blog was something about walking with Jesus or staying pure for Him or something like that.

I could be dead wrong but was it Libby (A Noble Calling)? Nice girl overall , aspired to be a Botkinette-type SAHD but her dad wasn't exactly thrilled with the idea: viewtopic.php?f=163&t=14439

Is this her?

(edit for riffle)

Thanks to GOMI, here's a blog of Michelle's that's still around though it hasn't been updated in a couple of years: thewalledgarden.blogspot.co.uk/

Wow- if Zoo Zoo says "shut it down girl, thats OTT" it's gotta be bad... :o

My fave was when she and Zsu had it out in Zsu's Christian education post over a video supposedly showing monkey being breast fed by a human...

My fave was when she and Zsu had it out in Zsu's Christian education post over a video supposedly showing monkey being breast fed by a human...

OMFG! I don't remember this one. Does this post still exist somewhere?

LOL. I don't remember that one. I remember one, where Zsu posted how much her family enjoyed playing "Settlers of Catan" and Taryn went off on the game being evil as the game board was made of hexagons, and since hexagons had 6 sides they were of the Devil therefore the game was of the Devil.

OMFG! I don't remember this one. Does this post still exist somewhere?

stevenandersonfamily.blogspot. ca/2011/03/road-trip-maybe-and-packages.html

Quote: "There is no human breastfeeding a monkey."

Archived