IGNORED

Let's Go Down the FJ Fundie Rabbit Hole!

punkiepie

I have often wondered what is up with Amy from "dailypleasures". I think she was pregnant with her 13th child when she made they blog private. Her husband sounded like such an asshole that I honestly still worry about her children.

OH EM GEE I FORGOT ABOUT HER! I enjoyed her blog for the short time I read it. I don't remember anything about her husband, but I do remember that they lived in a converted store or barn or... something like that. Anyone else know who we're talking about?

Like treemom, I miss the Servens.

Any new FJers who are not aware of the saga of Dede and Xgay Greg must immediately go here: viewforum.php?f=266.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kristina! Glad you're still with us. Hope homeschooling is going well.

Which leads me to another gal I loved to follow, especially when she would do her couponing posts!! Courtney who has children Clay, Cade, Callie, Cash, Clint and (IIRC?) expecting twins.

And lest we forget Lyndsie -- although we have snarked a lot about her (her makeup, seeking donations for less-than-clear adoption practices), she is fighting for her life now with a recurrence of ovarian cancer.

There's a thread about it, but she recently passed away. Terribly sad for her family. (I actually thought about her when first reading and replying to this thread and wondered how she was doing. :( )

One of the blogs that stands out in my mind was Helena the flowmad from Australia, but I can't recall how to link to her blog. She isn't so much a fundie as just weird. I hope someone will remember more about her. she and her family lived with Lauren at one time who just had a surrogate baby--the thread had something about gayby in it. Sorry this is so vague--maybe someone can fill in the blanks. Seems like Heliatrix was also in the blog name or in her name. She made very strange garments and art pieces from fabric and yarn. A rabbit hole for sure!

One of the blogs that stands out in my mind was Helena the flowmad from Australia, but I can't recall how to link to her blog. She isn't so much a fundie as just weird. I hope someone will remember more about her. she and her family lived with Lauren at one time who just had a surrogate baby--the thread had something about gayby in it. Sorry this is so vague--maybe someone can fill in the blanks. Seems like Heliatrix was also in the blog name or in her name. She made very strange garments and art pieces from fabric and yarn. A rabbit hole for sure!

Hellena is one of my favorites.

spunoutpost.blogspot.com/

I can not find it either but last time I checked in she seemed to have become more stable after actually giving birth to A baby. It is driving me nuts that I can't find the blog now.

Found!

blessedmamma.blogspot.com/2006/11/today-i-got-blessing-to-help-my-body.html?m=1

I can't get the link to work for me. Is that blog still viewable? It sounds like an interesting rabbit hole

There's a thread about it, but she recently passed away. Terribly sad for her family. (I actually thought about her when first reading and replying to this thread and wondered how she was doing. :( )

Lyndsie actually died yesterday from ovarian cancer :( she was only 28 and has two young kids. Fundie or not, it's still so tragic to die that young.

ourhappilyeverafters.com/2015/08/my-precious-friend-lyndsie.html?m=1

That was me. I'll take proud ownership of it. That is where we had our first conversation and really learned a lot about each other, it had special meaning to us. Laugh at it if you must, but it was a special thing to us.

Hi Kristina! I always thought it was sort of sweet, if unusual... glad to see you here and hope the kids are well! They're so big now!

I can't get the link to work for me. Is that blog still viewable? It sounds like an interesting rabbit hole

It works for me. Let me trying PMing it to you.

I can't believe we've gotten to page 5 and not mentioned Sparkling Lauren. Now that is a GD rabbit hole. :pink-shock:

That Wife is still cuh-ray although she now identifies as some version of atheist/agnostic. GOMI does a good job of keeping up with her antics, and you don't even necessarily have to wade into their forums. Here's their latest post on her. She's also trying to become a software engineer (snerk) and is totally Jewish, too, y'all.

I'm also fascinated by child collectors. My favorite trainwreck is Adeye (nogreaterjoymom.com) who has six adopted kids, most with serious special needs, and recently adopted some embryos and had them implanted (no luck there, thankfully) and then decided to move her whole clan to her native South Africa to start a special needs adoption ministry, stuck up a begging bowl for it, and then quickly posted her heartbroken announcement that they weren't going after all.

I'll second a previous poster who mentioned Laurel, previously of Our Journey of Faith, now with a new blog I forgot the name of. She adopted three kids from Ghana, rehomed one, and has banished one to some ridiculous residential facility that doesn't even offer treatment. She flounced not long after finding our discussion of her, but she is back now. Oh.My.Yes. :dance:

ETA another favorite - the short-lived run of petite bridal model/trauma therapist/tampon-funeral-having Franki Granger. viewtopic.php?f=264&t=5986

Well, I have my own rabbit hole to offer. I'm writing a blog about my family's experiences in a CREC (Doug Wilson's denomination. Not gothard-ites. Fortunately when one family was trying to get us to join we didn't have the money, or we might have.) I wouldn't be in anyone's memories, most likely. I did have a blog (in our sort-of-culty days) but it wasn't big. And we never had the cash to go all out with the historical cosplay and the trips and all. But I'm just trying to reason through where my head was as a mom and why did I think the way I did.

So anyway,

http://touchingontheedges.blogspot.com/

Not breaking the link because I invited you all.

I have the comments set for approval only. I just want to get through the whole flow without a lot of questions and don't want confrontations with the die-hards from the old church. But if you want to pm me questions, give me resources to quote, friend me on facebook, stuff like that, I'm open.

The Mortons:

-the kids get married young

-the married sons live on the family farm

- 22 grandkids and counting( at least 3 of the couples could have 19 kids :shock: )

viewforum.php?f=149

dianapavelovna

I'm also fascinated by child collectors

Does anyone remeber the "Woody Baby Farm"? They had 8 kids and were trying to adopted two orphans from Russia.

viewtopic.php?f=87&t=6919&p=177843&hilit=Woody+baby+farm#p177843

The blog is now private.

ETA: I wish I could find more info about the baby farm :roll: I forgot about the blog until I looked at the FJ blog list: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=12

Did anyone mention Taryn? She mustn't be forgotten. Taryn's writings were, shall we say, rambling, free association word-fests. Someone here (I forget who) does a spot on imitation of her. I hope they chime in.

ETA: Damn. I'm now More Modest Than You; Got a Horse From God matched my avatar. :(

It works for me. Let me trying PMing it to you.

I tried to wait but had to finish the blog. Definitely way out there and kind of sad also. I'm not sure what to think

I tried to wait but had to finish the blog. Definitely way out there and kind of sad also. I'm not sure what to think

I think that about sums it up. She was so desperate to be pregnant that it wasn't at all healthy. Her posts on MDC were just as odd but they also made it obvious that she was failed by a lot of people in her life that should have encouraged her to get help. Despite the countless reported pregnancies her husband was pretty much absent. I hope that things continued to improve for her after her son was born but I can't imagine what she was like as a mother if she slipped back into that level of obsession and instability.

I think that about sums it up. She was so desperate to be pregnant that it wasn't at all healthy. Her posts on MDC were just as odd but they also made it obvious that she was failed by a lot of people in her life that should have encouraged her to get help. Despite the countless reported pregnancies her husband was pretty much absent. I hope that things continued to improve for her after her son was born but I can't imagine what she was like as a mother if she slipped back into that level of obsession and instability.

I read through a lot of her blog today and I just felt immense sadness for her. And I want to know what's happened to her and her son! I don't really care about the husband, because he seemed to be oblivious to her. I kept wondering, where was her family and why weren't they helping her during her obvious times of emotional distress?? Do we know her actual name?

Did anyone mention Taryn? She mustn't be forgotten. Taryn's writings were, shall we say, rambling, free association word-fests. Someone here (I forget who) does a spot on imitation of her. I hope they chime in.

ETA: Damn. I'm now More Modest Than You; Got a Horse From God matched my avatar. :(

I have truly enjoyed reading about all these memories on FJ! Three days ago I was thinking about all the fundies we have discussed over the years. Three days ago, I also bought a book on Amazon, "Everything I needed to know I learned in Kindergarten" (Penguin books, $5.99 + $.099 tax + $1.34 S/H). I'm eating a salted caramel chocolate as I write this. I have burned the book however, as I realized kindergarten it evil. Garten is just 1 letter away from garden, and it was in the garden of Eden where the Devil first tempted man: "You will not certainly die,†the serpent said to the woman. “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil" (Genesis 3.4-5 NIV). It also has "kinder in it" and that is 6 letters and that is evil as 6 is the sign of the beast. I think I'm going to order a pizza for diner. My nephew (6 years) just graduated from kindergarten, but he is not evil. My niece (2 years) will go to kindergarten in 3 years. That is good as 3 represents the father, son and holy ghost. I do enjoy remembering all those we have discussed over the years!

HI TARYN! I'VE MISSED YOU! ^^^^

That lady was comedy gold, and twin2's impressions are spot on with my memory. Whose blog was it she commented on? Maxwells? Lori? I forget.

HI TARYN! I'VE MISSED YOU! ^^^^

That lady was comedy gold. Whose blog was it she commented on? Maxwells? Lori? I forget.

She commented on a few, but mainly Zsu.

A few times, Zsu had to tell her to tone down the crazy....

That's right! I think my favourite of her rambles was about a kitchen implement of some kind that had to word magic on it...she crossed it out with sharpie or something so as to not invite in demons or something. COMEDY GOLD!

That's right! I think my favourite of her rambles was about a kitchen implement of some kind that had to word magic on it...she crossed it out with sharpie or something so as to not invite in demons or something. COMEDY GOLD!

Yep! She took a sharpie to her Magic Chef appliances as magic is evil.

She commented on a few, but mainly Zsu.

A few times, Zsu had to tell her to tone down the crazy....

Oh, god, you know when Zsu tells you to tone it down, you've seriously taken it one (read 100) steps too far!

AnnoDomini/BrightCircle/Notetc....She kept coming back. She might still be among us, for all we know. So weird and yet I've forgotten most of her craziness, to be honest.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4917

The thread that started it all.

Oh, and that woman who lived in a trailer and sewed costumes and did a really crappy job...who was that? Aria something?

Well, thanks, LilMissMetaphor! You have robbed me of my entire Saturday. I have spent HOURS reading all 73 pages of the AD thread. I could not tear myself away! Occasionally I would realize my husband was trying to engage me in conversation and it got awkward as I tried to feign interest, while not even really hearing his comments. I have now, thanks to you, fallen woefully behind on current threads! I am beyond pissed at you and have just one question: did we ever hear from her again? I checked her posts but am completely drained of stamina to pursue her further. So I don't know what happened to her, her sisters or her entire family. Fuck. I need a drink. :pull-hair:

(The FJ archives are an absolute goldmine. I love this thread, my comments above notwithstanding.)

I read through a lot of her blog today and I just felt immense sadness for her. And I want to know what's happened to her and her son! I don't really care about the husband, because he seemed to be oblivious to her. I kept wondering, where was her family and why weren't they helping her during her obvious times of emotional distress?? Do we know her actual name?

Her first name is Ramona. She talked about her husband, mother and a sibling on MDC. If any of them tried to get her help or encouraged her to consider it she hid it well and she was so deep in denial that she was very open with her posts. She was clearly saddened and incredulous that she wasn't believed and certainly gave the impression that she wasn't experiencing the same reaction offline.

I would love to know how her and her son are but she disappeared from MDC even earlier than she abandoned the blog. I always feared that she had built pregnancy, birth and motherhood up so much that reality would be a let down and she would suffer horrible PPD/PPP. I hope they are well though and that she found whatever it was she was searching for.

Archived