IGNORED

Let's Go Down the FJ Fundie Rabbit Hole!

punkiepie

stevenandersonfamily.blogspot. ca/2011/03/road-trip-maybe-and-packages.html

Quote: "There is no human breastfeeding a monkey."

HA! That contains much of Taryn at her best. She also quoted something off of the "Galations4" blog. I remember the author of that. She actually used to post here on FJ back in the Yuku days though I can't remember her name. She was, uh interesting....

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My intro to the fun does came from the very up fundamentalist Michael K from Dlisted. He had an article about the Duggar's 16th child and a vivid description of what kind of condition J'Michelle's "clown car vagina" could be in by that time. I was curious about how any family can support 16 kids and went flouncing about the internets searching for more information. I was deeply disappointed when I learned about their fundamentalism on speed. Religion has never been my thing and coming from a religious family and a Catholic school education, the Duggars just seem to me like they have taken an ideology and really run like the dickens with it. Like, way too much. Still, it was interesting and I watched their TV shows and borrowed their books from the library. Now, they kinda bore me in a way. Not enough for me to stop looking, especially now that some of their children are now adults. Ok, maybe disappoint is a better word. There is no individuality allowed. No self expression. No personal lathe of person discovery. Nothing that veers from the Duggar Hive. Even the outlandishly bright coloured shirts the Lost Boys wear with bow ties are a failed attempt by the Duggars to appear hip and modern. "Look! Our boys can wear a hot pink button up shirt with a snazzy bow tie! Here, sip our kool aid! We are fun loving!". No, when they all wear it, it is a uniform like the matching frumpers and matching blazers and khakis from the Duggar early days.

Then I found a wonderfully odd and kooky bunch at the Rapture Ready forum. They are a melange of fundies, home schooling, extreme couponing, hunting and preparing for the end times bunch. What I don't get is, if they believe they will be taken up the rapture, why do they have so much dried food in their basements? The there is the Women's sub forum that is mostly about recipes, homeschooling and feelings. Sometimes diets. Lots of Jesus throughout. My fav is the obsession with the new world order. What a bunch!

Couple of old fundies that I used to follow that I didn't see mentioned...

The sad story of Tabby Brown at "Plain Torah Keeper/On the Narrow Path of Set Apart Womanhood" - who died recently (in her 30's), but seemed to latch onto fundie-ism as a way to cope with a life of sexual and physical abuse.

Kelly Crawford at Generation Cedar: Still going strong, but doesn't have the same vitriol as she once did. There's not much snark there, now. BRADRICK! is gone, along with it the pics of her hubby trying to look alpha-male-ish. Her daughter's intellectual dead-zone blog is gone (and with it, any chance to make fun of Kelly's supposedly superior homeschooling).

Of course there's Dede and XGay Greg... we can't EVER forget about the 18 month pregnancy, Dede's godawful comedy act, and their love of embroidered blazers.

I also have a soft spot for Emily of Skirt Cheese (Under1000 Blog), and Raquel's beautiful "fictional" from 2010 about teen pregnancy/abortion protester romance... "Life's Choices."

Life's Choices is a must read for any Free Jinger member. And then read the parody someone did. :lol: I'm struggling to find the Yuku links to those. Anyone have them?

Life's Choices is a must read for any Free Jinger member. And then read the parody someone did. :lol: I'm struggling to find the Yuku links to those. Anyone have them?

I can't find Life's Choices anymore. Miss Raquel deleted it and only a few of the chapters are on the Wayback machine, that I can tell. :(

Hane's fictional can be found here:

http://freejinger.yuku.com/topic/2303/S ... al-by-Hane

I knew she deleted the mystical orange penis ferret story, but I didn't realize she had taken out Life's Choices too. :cry: It was a classic.

One of my favorites was Abigail's Alcove. Went to a Seven Sisters college, became a lawyer, decided she didn't like working and went into fundie Catholocism. Called herself a lay Carmelite. Very poor money management skills, but that wasn't a problem because poverty was AWESOME! I think she also compared being in day care to being in a Romanian orphanage.

A year or two (or maybe three) ago there was a woman having a horrible homebirth--she was in labor for days, and we at FB were terribly concerned for her safety and for that of her child. Her mother, who was beside herself with worry, actually took part in the FB discussion, but eventually left never to return, and made her blog private. The mother had a large family, I think homesteaded, and had a blog; the daughter who was having a baby was married to someone who had moved her halfway across the country and who sounded like a complete jerk.

Does anyone remember who I'm referring to? I have occasionally thought to wonder how the young woman was doing and if she'd been allowed to see a doctor for any future pregnancies.

A year or two (or maybe three) ago there was a woman having a horrible homebirth--she was in labor for days, and we at FB were terribly concerned for her safety and for that of her child. Her mother, who was beside herself with worry, actually took part in the FB discussion, but eventually left never to return, and made her blog private. The mother had a large family, I think homesteaded, and had a blog; the daughter who was having a baby was married to someone who had moved her halfway across the country and who sounded like a complete jerk.

Does anyone remember who I'm referring to? I have occasionally thought to wonder how the young woman was doing and if she'd been allowed to see a doctor for any future pregnancies.

I think that was Brittany Vawser. I wasn't even around for her home birth debacle, but I read about her "betrothal" not too long ago-- which was super creepy itself-- and went down the rabbit hole. If I remember I looked her up on FB and she looks a little more mainstream now.

I think that was Brittany Vawser. I wasn't even around for her home birth debacle, but I read about her "betrothal" not too long ago-- which was super creepy itself-- and went down the rabbit hole. If I remember I looked her up on FB and she looks a little more mainstream now.

I think you're right--thanks!

I forgot about the Lockwood family- David and Jaynee and their 12 kids. They are quiverfull and moved to Mexico as missionaries; Jaynee's 12th pregnancy had serious complications that weren't properly tended to, and she ended up needing a hyterectomy in order to save her life. And then her husband engaged in some sort of inappropriate sexual relationship while they were missionaries in Mexico and they were forced to come back to the States.

She blogged about it, but in the vaguest of ways. They recently celebrated their 20th anniversary and it was nauseating. Especially when compared to the post before it, where she sounds betrayed and heartbroken.

lockwoodfamilytomexico.com

I joined mainly because of the Duggars and Bateses. But, Kelly Crawford is a thorn in my side. She lives in the same town as my cousins, and has said very hateful things about them. Her blog post about a tornado being a blessing hit a nerve with me. That tornado outbreak killed over 250 people in Alabama alone! WTF??? I have never met the bitch and don't care to.

I miss Emily and Dna, and I'd love to know what they're up to nowadays. And how many cents per meal Emily spends feeding all those growing boys. I miss Taryn like crazy. I still read the comments below Zsu's blog posts and hope she'll come back. She was such a mystery. Stranger and more fundie then Zsu in some ways, yet from Long Island...

The other day I read the saga of Josh Beasley, who mistakenly shot and killed his wife while goofing around with a loaded gun. This was in 2010. The response from him, his family and the girl he married the second he got out of prison was so callous it makes Josh Duggie And Family look like a pack of penitent Raskolnikovs.

I think it was Jocelyn Dixon's fake-Jewish webzine Feelin' Feminine that first got me hooked. There's lots of it on the wayback machine if anyone feel brave.

The other day I read the saga of Josh Beasley, who "mistakenly" shot and killed his wife while goofing around with a loaded gun. This was in 2010.

Fixed that for you.

The other day I read the saga of Josh Beasley, who mistakenly shot and killed his wife while goofing around with a loaded gun. This was in 2010. The response from him, his family and the girl he married the second he got out of prison was so callous it makes Josh Duggie And Family look like a pack of penitent Raskolnikovs.

I had to go look this one up and WOW. Ihad to quit reading when I realized how mad I was getting. Who the hell plays intruder games like that?

So I was thinking of Brittany Vawser, and it has been FOUR YEARS. Wow.

http://freejinger.yuku.com/topic/7326/H ... eO49JeBjKg

WHY did you post that? :pull-hair: My early night is now 4 hours in the past, I've cried with worry, rage and helplessness - KNOWING IT ALL TOOK PLACE YEARS AGO! This is so far the most emotionally disturbing thread I've read. But it was worth it to meet Mama Ant and Nana Cy: ladies who fought back! (for those who can't afford the time, mother and baby do survive, but with no thanks to father, FIL or BIL). And there are so many more crazies - no, I must mean fundies - to meet! :shifty:

There used to be this fundie girl and I loved to read her blog. She looked very young for age, but was of legal age and had just gotten married and had her first child when she decided to make her blog private. I never can remember her name, but her and her husband always seemed so sweet and naive. I wish I knew how they turned out.

I had to go look this one up and WOW. Ihad to quit reading when I realized how mad I was getting. Who the hell plays intruder games like that?

People who feel someone has intruded in their life.... :?

WHY did you post that? :pull-hair: My early night is now 4 hours in the past, I've cried with worry, rage and helplessness - KNOWING IT ALL TOOK PLACE YEARS AGO! This is so far the most emotionally disturbing thread I've read. But it was worth it to meet Mama Ant and Nana Cy: ladies who fought back! (for those who can't afford the time, mother and baby do survive, but with no thanks to father, FIL or BIL). And there are so many more crazies - no, I must mean fundies - to meet! :shifty:

Sorry. I was getting angry all over again too. I have to wonder if her husband and her brother-in-law (ESPECIALLY the brother-in-law) are still such colossal assholes or if they've actually acquired a little humility since then. Sadly I would guess the former.

Yep! She took a sharpie to her Magic Chef appliances as magic is evil.

If I had the 18 grand to spend and I had the space, I'd love to have this 48" Magic Chef range from the 30 restored. It's got 6 gas burners and a bunch of ovens and a bread warmer. I've always loved those stoves! I would not take a Sharpie to the Magic Chef logo though.

There have been several programs on Investigation Discovery about Josh Beasley. It's pretty clear from the programs that he murdered his wife. The bastard should still be in prison. He should have gotten life without parole. One (or maybe both) of the shows make it pretty clear that courtship is not a good idea.

There have been several programs on Investigation Discovery about Josh Beasley. It's pretty clear from the programs that he murdered his wife. The bastard should still be in prison. He should have gotten life without parole. One (or maybe both) of the shows make it pretty clear that courtship is not a good idea.

Do you mean the programs imply he actually intended to murder her or that he murdered her with his unbelievable carelessness? I didn't look at it other than the links to articles in the Josh Beasley thread but now I'm more intrigued.

Sorry. I was getting angry all over again too. I have to wonder if her husband and her brother-in-law (ESPECIALLY the brother-in-law) are still such colossal assholes or if they've actually acquired a little humility since then. Sadly I would guess the former.

From Brittany's FB it looks like they've had a second daughter. I wonder how THAT birth went.

Archived