IGNORED

Let's Go Down the FJ Fundie Rabbit Hole!

punkiepie

Can we post links/ blog titles for these, if we're bringing people up to speed? There are a few from way back when who sometimes get mentioned by names or nicknames in newer threads, and I never know how to search for them!

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Arby's proposal will always be my favorite fundie story. I found the site a couple years ago looking for Doug/vision forum stuff and got sucked in! But Arby's proposal will always top my chart.

That was me. I'll take proud ownership of it. That is where we had our first conversation and really learned a lot about each other, it had special meaning to us. Laugh at it if you must, but it was a special thing to us.

I needed a new rabbit hole! I started with Jill Rodrigues, John Schrader, Doug Phillips as those seemed to be pretty popular ones when I first started lurking. I then tried to go back and look through the families alphabetically and so found the Arndt's, but none others I came across browsing through the archives stood out as entertaining as the ones I started with. I will have to check out some others listed here.

Last I checked, That Wife ended up deciding she no longer believes in Mormonism. I don't know if that helped tone down some of her other oddities, but at least it's a step in the right direction.

Nope, turns out religion was holding the major insanity back...she should probably go back to the church, and I don't say that lightly.

I found fj through TheBump of all places. I too miss Life In A Shoe.

My biggest obsessions are AnnaMatrix and the constantly pregnant Alice. I guess I enjoy insane ramblings!

Ask, my child, and it shall be delivered unto you! You can hear the Botkinized bloviations of GBot (AKA the Duck Biologist) himself on Scotty Brown's "National Center for Family Integrated Churches" Facebook page. Click on the video links, and prepare to be enlightened on such scintillating topics as "The Difference Between Justification and Sanctification," and "Hypocrisy, Legalism and Phariseeism."

Enjoy!!

:popcorn2: :popcorn2: :popcorn2:

Alas for me, my kid has strep throat and is sleeping it off, so I have plenty of time to jump into the Botkin rabbit hole again! Oh how I missed you FakeDuckBiologist/PoliticalAdvisor/WorldVisionary! See you guys later- send tea and food if I don't come back :cracking-up:

I lurked on the old Yuku site for 4 years before the Rapture and then I emerged from lurkdom 4 years ago; that's 8 years of Fundie reading! For the most part, I feel like I know a whole helluva a lot about our fundies- be they the famous Maxwells and Duggars or the more historical and/or obscure people like Emily and Dna, Ian and Larissa, and latisha and Chad. BUT, today, forthe first time, I heard about Josh Beasley- he who shot and killed his wife of 3months "playing a game" and I got sucked down the fj rabbit hole! How could I not have known about this, I mean, I know about the Wissmans, so how did I miss this?! Which got me thinking- What else don't I know?!

Which brings me to the topic- I think it would be fun, as well as a good newbie education tool, to write about the old, and maybe not as famous, FJ favorite fundies and rehash the best jaw-dropping stories that we've either forgotten or never knew.

Mine is Josh Beasley. There are several threads and I'm just starting, so inwould recommend doing a search of his name and going down the rabbit hole that way.

Can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

I had forgotten about the Beasley shooting. Who the fuck plays a game where you pretend to shoot your spouse with a real gun?!

The first thing I remember reading on FJ, back when I first started lurking, was the woman who was pregnant with twins and they died. I don't remember her name and I think they quickly shut down the blog. But she wasn't getting any real medical care and I don't think she even knew there were twins. Or maybe she thought there were twins and it wasn't twins? I can't remember it clearly now, but it was a tragic story. Does anyone know who I'm talking about? I just realized it was Carrie, someone else mentioned it in this thread

I lurked during the Emily and Dna period. I really wish she would start blogging again. I would like to know how her life turned out after all that.

ETA: Here is the Carrie thread:

http://freejinger.yuku.com/topic/664/Ca ... eB8EvlVhBc

And in my first foray down the rabbit hole that is the Botkins, I discovered that they're still selling the Webster's Blue Back Speller that was published by Vision Forum and features an introduction by Doug Phillips :pink-shock:

I accidentally bought a copy of this from a used seller on Amazon (I thought it was a different edition of the same book), and the intro is pretty...well...typical of Doug's pseudo-intellectualism and pomposity. I'm going to bet that Botkin bought these copies from Vision Forum's liquidation sale, but is he still a VF/Doug fan? :naughty:

Just got caught up on the Carri saga. Holy Moses. Did we ever get any follow-up to that? I was snooping a little on Facebook and found someone with the same first name but different last name commenting on family members' posts, but I don't know if that's her.

I want to know what happened to that family from Alaska, they were serious Girl Scout hating fundies who were building a homestead and had a ton of kids, one of whom was named Vision o'Yahweh.

I know I mentioned this one here before, and I think one other person knew what I was talking about, but also couldn't remember the name/url...

Maybe 8+ years ago now - maybe even longer - there was this woman with a blog who was convinced that she was pregnant with dozens of babies. Like, dozens, at a time. I want to say she was some kind of weird brand of Mormon, but I'm not sure. She thought she could communicate psychically with these babies and had named quite a few of them. I think when it became clear that the pregnancy was not progressing, she'd have some story about how she had miscarried, but the fetus had told her it was time for their soul to depart, or something. There was this one line - something like "I am now pregnant with 53 babies of varying ages" -ugh, I wish I could find her blog again! I could never figure out if it was all a long, crazy joke, or if she was really unstable...

I want to know what happened to that family from Alaska, they were serious Girl Scout hating fundies who were building a homestead and had a ton of kids, one of whom was named Vision o'Yahweh.

That was the Wilkinson family- the flounced several years ago. I believe they actually spelled his name "Vision O' YHWH," as they were faux Jews who felt it was a son to write out the name of God. But, I think we used to have a member named Vision O' Yahweh- not sure where they went, but I remember that poster from back in the day. The blog was something like Simple Living in Alaksa. If I'm not mistaken, I think they are polygamists now...?

I know I mentioned this one here before, and I think one other person knew what I was talking about, but also couldn't remember the name/url...

Maybe 8+ years ago now - maybe even longer - there was this woman with a blog who was convinced that she was pregnant with dozens of babies. Like, dozens, at a time. I want to say she was some kind of weird brand of Mormon, but I'm not sure. She thought she could communicate psychically with these babies and had named quite a few of them. I think when it became clear that the pregnancy was not progressing, she'd have some story about how she had miscarried, but the fetus had told her it was time for their soul to depart, or something. There was this one line - something like "I am now pregnant with 53 babies of varying ages" -ugh, I wish I could find her blog again! I could never figure out if it was all a long, crazy joke, or if she was really unstable...

Oh. My.Word. That is a while different level of crazy!

Nope, turns out religion was holding the major insanity back...she should probably go back to the church, and I don't say that lightly.

I found fj through TheBump of all places. I too miss Life In A Shoe.

My biggest obsessions are AnnaMatrix and the constantly pregnant Alice. I guess I enjoy insane ramblings!

Really? I spent most of last night reading her posts from 2013-present and she seems pretty sane to me. Likable, even. Maybe I'm just thankful that she changed her positions on homosexuality, feminism, SAHMs being the only responsible mothers, and all the pretty extreme but very party-line conservative LDS things she spouted. Am I overlooking something? I try not to look a gift horse in the mouth when fundies get less fundie. Seems like a good thing to me.

The Menstrual Meat Squatter is Fundie something- not sure exactly what, but I err on the side of Fundamentally Batshit Crazy! She's not even in the same realm, or even galaxy, of the others we love to snark about. For me, reading her blog, which I admit, I could only stomach so much before I had to stop reading- was like watching a horror movie. And I hate horror movies more than any other movie genre.

I may never forgive any of you or myself for going down that particular rabbit hole, if briefly, the other night :pink-shock: You did try to warn me! I'm not even sure I'd call her fundie. Fundamentally nuts, maybe.

Also, when I started looking for her, I googled "menstrual meat squatter" because while I figured it was a FJ nickname, you never know... one of the first results (I didn't click through, just looking at the Google summary) looked to be something about a woman who menstruated globs or chunks along the lines of a very early miscarriage... I thought maybe we called her the Menstrual Meat Squatter because she squatted and produced menstrual "meat" and, I have to say, I would have preferred that story :whistle:

I may never forgive any of you or myself for going down that particular rabbit hole, if briefly, the other night :pink-shock: You did try to warn me! I'm not even sure I'd call her fundie. Fundamentally nuts, maybe.

Also, when I started looking for her, I googled "menstrual meat squatter" because while I figured it was a FJ nickname, you never know... one of the first results (I didn't click through, just looking at the Google summary) looked to be something about a woman who menstruated globs or chunks along the lines of a very early miscarriage... I thought maybe we called her the Menstrual Meat Squatter because she squatted and produced menstrual "meat" and, I have to say, I would have preferred that story :whistle:

That pretty much sums it up perfectly. When reading a very graphically detailed miscarriage description is preferable, you know the Menstrual Meat Squatter is all kinds of jacked up. I vote for Fundamentally Batshit Crazy! as a user title count. Thanks for that very appropriate description punkiepie.

I remember this, but don't remember who it was. It was a really bizarre situation.

Really? I spent most of last night reading her posts from 2013-present and she seems pretty sane to me. Likable, even. Maybe I'm just thankful that she changed her positions on homosexuality, feminism, SAHMs being the only responsible mothers, and all the pretty extreme but very party-line conservative LDS things she spouted. Am I overlooking something? I try not to look a gift horse in the mouth when fundies get less fundie. Seems like a good thing to me.

Her views have gotten more progressive, but she's still the woman who locked her baby in the bathroom for twelve hours each night. Her kids eat peanut butter sandwiches in the car for dinner most nights and get dumped off at their grandparents house for weeks at a time. And then there was the picture of them playing with her Hitachi magic wand...I dunno, I recommend GOMI's threads on her. Once I had a kid of my own it just got too depressing to read about how much she resents her kids.

Edited to add- she just turned the smug, I know best attitude she had about being the best Mormon and wife into a smug, I know best attitude about feminism and being progressive and liberal. The thing about Jenna is she reads one blurb on a deep, weighty topic and decides she is the ultimate expert and everyone else has been doing it wrong. You might not get that from her blog posts because she carefully keeps the wacky out of them. Instagram is more interesting...that's where you'll find passive aggressive jabs at her husband and son.

That was the Wilkinson family- the flounced several years ago. I believe they actually spelled his name "Vision O' YHWH," as they were faux Jews who felt it was a son to write out the name of God. But, I think we used to have a member named Vision O' Yahweh- not sure where they went, but I remember that poster from back in the day. The blog was something like Simple Living in Alaksa. If I'm not mistaken, I think they are polygamists now...?

Polygamists WHAT?!? How do you go from faux Jew Vision o'YHWH baby naming to polygamy?!? How did you find this info out? I was so fascinated with their blog.

Okay, so after searching a bit...you can find the wife and hubby on FB, she apparently goes by Tirzah now.

Her views have gotten more progressive, but she's still the woman who locked her baby in the bathroom for twelve hours each night. Her kids eat peanut butter sandwiches in the car for dinner most nights and get dumped off at their grandparents house for weeks at a time. And then there was the picture of them playing with her Hitachi magic wand...I dunno, I recommend GOMI's threads on her. Once I had a kid of my own it just got too depressing to read about how much she resents her kids.

Edited to add- she just turned the smug, I know best attitude she had about being the best Mormon and wife into a smug, I know best attitude about feminism and being progressive and liberal. The thing about Jenna is she reads one blurb on a deep, weighty topic and decides she is the ultimate expert and everyone else has been doing it wrong. You might not get that from her blog posts because she carefully keeps the wacky out of them. Instagram is more interesting...that's where you'll find passive aggressive jabs at her husband and son.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. Yes, I definitely noticed she was having some sort of break where the kids were with her parents for a month, and I did pick up on some resentment (which she seems to be open about, at least very recently). You're right about the smugness -- I don't believe she's lost that -- I do think she may be more self-aware about it. It's also possible she's taken down some of the more offending posts about the bathroom baby situation (OMG just realized that's where the post count title must come from), or at least I wasn't able to find them. Her blog is really hard to navigate through other than recent posts. I suspect that's probably by design. I will have to check out her Instagram for the more manifest crazy.

OK, so she's not Saint Jenna and she's definitely never going to be Mom of the Year (which of course means nothing, since Michelle was :roll: ). However, hopefully her kids have a shot at a more normal life now, if not a fullfilling childhood, due to TW and TH's departure from fundamentalism.

I can not find it either but last time I checked in she seemed to have become more stable after actually giving birth to A baby. It is driving me nuts that I can't find the blog now.

Found!

blessedmamma.blogspot.com/2006/11/today-i-got-blessing-to-help-my-body.html?m=1

Besides TW and Bathroom Baby, there was Janis who had a blog, and was in and out of the Mormon church, only that she thought she should wear skirts only, not just to church. She had several children that she was homeschooling, and hoping for more, but had early miscarriages where most women didn't realize they were pregnant. When she wasn't Mormon, she was fundie-lite at least, but her blog was enough to send you down another rabbit hole.

Brandy (Cormier?) used to be a favourite of mine, mostly because their ideolog/appearances and web sites would change constantly; don't know how they have avoided a web presence for a few years.

AnnoDomini/BrightCircle/Notetc....She kept coming back. She might still be among us, for all we know. So weird and yet I've forgotten most of her craziness, to be honest.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4917

The thread that started it all.

Oh, and that woman who lived in a trailer and sewed costumes and did a really crappy job...who was that? Aria something?

Aria_Star and darn you for linking that thread. I found down the rabbit hole and it is 1am.

That was me. I'll take proud ownership of it. That is where we had our first conversation and really learned a lot about each other, it had special meaning to us. Laugh at it if you must, but it was a special thing to us.

Kristina! Glad you're still with us. Hope homeschooling is going well.

Which leads me to another gal I loved to follow, especially when she would do her couponing posts!! Courtney who has children Clay, Cade, Callie, Cash, Clint and (IIRC?) expecting twins.

And lest we forget Lyndsie -- although we have snarked a lot about her (her makeup, seeking donations for less-than-clear adoption practices), she is fighting for her life now with a recurrence of ovarian cancer.

Archived