IGNORED

TLC Documentary on Sexual Abuse

Escapefromfundiedom

OH NO MICHELLE'S BABY VOICE. "I'm so glad my girls and I were able to do this together, to be a support and encouragement to each other, such an important topic"

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THIS IS SO SCRIPTED AND MICHELLE SHOULD HAVE LEARNED THOSE THINGS A LONG TIME AGO :angry-banghead:

Jill: "I like the idea of, um, like, just thinking before you're in a situation..." :angry-banghead:
\

I am betting all those people in the group with Michelle and the girls

are actors

and they just don't know it

In case you didn't know, you guys, JESSA IS PREGNANT AND WILL HAVE A LOT OF KIDS. Way to work that in Blessa!

Jessa sounds even more scripted than usual. You can tell that she spent a good amount of time planning it out: "What can I say that would stop people being mad about me defending sexual abuse?"

And there goes Jill about boundaries. God, that girls is so stupid.

:angry-banghead:

I just turned the special on. I missed the stupid shit that those two spewed. And Um Jessa, how about apologizing for defending sexual abuse and acknowledging that it's NOT OKAY? Ugh Jill...please don't homeskool.

In case you didn't know, you guys, JESSA IS PREGNANT AND WILL HAVE A LOT OF KIDS. Way to work that in Blessa!

I know, right? "Soon I'm going to be a mother myself, knowing this stuff is good!" :angry-banghead: All snarking aside, I'm glad they went through this seminar because it's important as they bring children into their own homes. However, I have serious doubts that they learned a damn thing.

Part 3

Its so important that adults take responsibility for this, so that it doesnt depend on the courage of the child

*couch* Duggars *cough*

Terry Hatcher shown speaking at the UN. Shots of other famous people who were also abused.

You can prevent abuse before it happens. Focus on kids and let them know to tell an adult. We really need adults taking responsibility to be on the lookout and talk about concernign behaviour. It shouldnt depend on a child.

Darkness to light - they provide training on how to prevent abuse. A seminar in NY was filmed. The duggars were there with Michelle.

Jessa - this should be a discussion people are having regularly. It shouldnt be taboo.

There are 5 steps.

1 - learn the facts. Its often someone the children know

2 - Minimize opportunity - reduce situations where children are alone with an adult or older youth. Even the babysitter cant be trusted! You should show up unannounced.

Jill - I like to think about how i would handle the situation before I'm in it.

3 - Talk about it - People who abuse kids often target kids who dont have the words to talk to adults. Sometimes kids write. Teach kids to respect their bodies

4 - Recognize signs - mood or behavior changes

5 - React responsibly

Michelle - She was glad that the girls could do this together... to gain more info about this important topic.

JIll - its amazing to understand that so many people deal iwth this in their families.

Jessa - things I can do to be more aware to set up boundaries for my child and CHILDREN I HOPE TO HAVE IN THE FUTURE

Omg. They didn't learn anything.

Of course not. They think they did nothing wrong. They don't understand at all why anyone is mad at them.

Remember, they are the ones that are godly and perfect, everyone else is heathen and going to hell.

So are they at all going to go into sexual abusers who are minors and how to deal with them? Or does TLC want to pretend that that wasn't the main issue with the Duggars?

Something about planning ahead how to react? I'm not sure? Jill really isn't that bright, bless her heart.

....she's about as sharp as a fluffy marshmallow.

I was just surprised that JChelle was there along with Jessa and Jill. I thought JChelle would be like "I don't need to go. I did everything right when handling the Josh molestation."

OH NO MICHELLE'S BABY VOICE. "I'm so glad my girls and I were able to do this together, to be a support and encouragement to each other, such an important topic"

with a HUGE ass smile on her face. :angry-banghead: Then she remembered it was a serious, bad topic and then she got her fake sincere scowl face on then ended with a stupid grin.

Jessa had a wide smile, too.

Part 3

5 - React responsibly

Michelle - She was glad that the girls could do this together... to gain more info about this important topic.

Did they mention if all of their abused children got counseling? Were they at the seminar, too? (I don't want to know who they are. I just want to know if they got professional help.) And I really wonder about the 5th victim, if she got help. This has to be so traumatic for her, I'd think.

I was just surprised that JChelle was there along with Jessa and Jill. I thought JChelle would be like "I don't need to go. I did everything right when handling the Josh molestation."

I feel gross about her being there. In this situation, she is part of the problem and there she is...sigh.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! And Jill got a line in about it "happening in SOOOOO MANY FAMILIES!" :angry-banghead:

I'm not sure she's grasped that statistics aren't intended to normalize the situation, they're intended to raise awareness. I can just hear her little brain going "Oh 1 in 4! We're normal!" like people are comfortable getting a B because it's average. :doh:

I feel gross about her being there. In this situation, she is part of the problem and there she is...sigh.

Let's hope she actually learned something. She still has minor children in her home.

Archived