IGNORED

Maxwells had F*N

albanuadh_1

I was wondering about the time in Florida, too. The Dad's Corner about reversing a bad decision says they were in Clearwater, Forida in the early 80s when Steve got snipped.

Clearwater. Interesting. I wonder how they dealt with all the $ci@ntologists?

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't Clearwater where Alyssa and John Webster live?

Haven't they already beaten the scheduling, managing and planning horse to death in previous books? :dead-horse:

OF course, Stephen Covey sold the same ideas in a variety of books, so maybe that is their plan.

Haven't they already beaten the scheduling, managing and planning horse to death in previous books? :dead-horse:

I'm beginning to think that the Maxwells would go so far as to schedule death if they could. That way, they, and anyone else who wants to join in, can die with Jesus on the conscious brain so that they will all know exactly where they're going when it happens. :banana-angel:

Of course, this would be scheduled after the ceiling fans are clean and the cabinets are polished.

Are they Maxwells deliberately writing posts about scheduling or is this just coincidence? The last three posts have been about scheduling something very specific. I can't quite grasp what they might be going for, but I get the feeling they are putting feelers out for something.

On the other hand, I do think a scheduled lunch with parents is a great idea; at least, if you get along with your parents and enjoy their company. I also think scheduled time with grandkids is wonderful but some spontaneous visits with little ones who live so close would be great too, Some of my happiest memories are of my grandpa just popping in.

When I was a little girl, my grandparents lived just down the road, my grandpa popped in every time he was out walking or driving through our tiny town. Sometimes, he'd drop in when we kids were already in bed. We'd hear the screen door squeak open, his deep voice say "Are the kids up?" My mom always just knew not to even try to stop him as she said "No...go on up." And we'd lie in our beds and giggle and shake and twist around our beds in complete giddiness as we heard grandpa come up the stairs. "He's coming up! He's coming!" He'd stand over our beds and GIVE US A PIECE OF CANDY!! Then he'd say "Sleep well, see you tomorrow!" Then he'd walk down the steps chuckling. And my mom just allowed it because grandpas get to do that kind of thing. If he stopped by and we were outside, he'd stand under our apple tree and slice apples with his pocket knife and feed us slices right off his blade - like feeding little birdies until we had our fill. Oh my gosh, those drop in visits were some of the happiest moments of my childhood. Steve and Teri live close enough to do that kind of thing.

Go of schedule every now and then, Maxwells; it feels wonderful.

Your grandpa sounds just like both of my grandpas. Wonderful memories of them came flooding in as I read this. Thanks for sharing. :)

Is this the first time Teri's acknowledged her Dads passing in the blog?

Once before. I think on the Memorial Day post, but not sure. But it was about a full year after he passed.

USMCmom- it was wonderful to read about, too. Made me smirk this morning!

Made me smile also. How wonderful to have memories of that. I only knew 1 of my grandparents. She didn't drive so she could never just randomly show up.

Ii just downloaded a Moody book and I want to cry. I feel so sorry for this girl. Not only are the Maxwell kids brainwashed but they aren't even brainwashed with anything interesting. This is the worst. How would that book hold any child's attention? :wtf:

I don't have the Maxwell back catalog memorized but I thought the previous books were solely about scheduling the lives of the young children and SAHMs. Maybe they are thinking of writing a book showing how blessed it is to schedule every aspect of everyone's lives: grandparents, dads, grown kids. I can imagine that the Maxwells think everybody would be happier if ONLY they knew what they were going to be doing for the next 15 minutes and at 2:30 to 3:00 on Saturday afternoon and ever other moment in between.

Isn't Clearwater where Alyssa and John Webster live?

I think they're closer to Orlando. Mike Schadt is in Clearwater. :dance:

Steve-o is becoming Jim-Bob: He's posted a photo in response to our criticism that he only ever pays attention to the grandsons. He's clearly seen sitting between two granddaughters doing a puzzle! Why to use polling data, Stevie!

Ironically, I could picture Stevehovah as a Scientologist.

Ironically, I could picture Stevehovah as a Scientologist.

Me too. A very, very good one.

Plan...an event!

What a frigging innovative idea.

Do they...think...the rest of the world just doesn't function?

Why do these people need to do so much planning? They work at home. The grandchildren are homeschooled. Nobody is involved in any outside activities. Basically, they're free to do whatever they want, whenever they want. And they all live on the same street. Yes, I can see the need for *some* scheduling to make sure the self-employed are getting their work done and that everyone knows the date and time for the extended family dinner. But a bunch of adults who are at home all day shouldn't need to schedule puzzle time with a bunch of children who are also at home all day.

I just saw this comment from their post about Grandparents Night...

Do you ever have grandparents’ night with all the grandchildren so that both(and later all 3) couples can go out together?

>>>>>>

I don’t think so.

I don't think so? So you're not sure if you had an evening with all the grandkids so all their parents could go out for a meal? Can't remember? Or don't intend for all the kids to be at your place at the same time without their parents, or that the parents can't go out? What? What an odd answer.

The Maxwells sell some scheduling tools. Granted the main one is now hopelessly out of date, but flogging scheduling tools is the origin of the dog and pony shows. My guess is one of their brilliant programmer sons :roll: is about to roll out new scheduling software and/or classes via 1Ton.

I don't think so? So you're not sure if you had an evening with all the grandkids so all their parents could go out for a meal? Can't remember? Or don't intend for all the kids to be at your place at the same time without their parents, or that the parents can't go out? What? What an odd answer.

I doubt Steve wants his married sons to get together with out him. He'd loose his "control". The couples might talk about something "unapproved". :naughty:

Maybe, for all of their Don't Let Your Kids Have Friends Because They're All The Friends They'll Ever Need, Nathan, Christopher, and Joseph just don't like each other all that much. Heh.

Hmmmmm, that IS odd. Especially, as we've observed, that "siblings are each other's best friends". I guess once you get married your spouse is. But, shouldn't they set that example for their kids; spend time with their siblings like they want them to learn to? Yeah, maybe Steve IS scared they'd end up talking bad about him, or about the things they've been forbidden. Or maybe he's scared they can't handle that many kids at their place? And they kept wanting to have more? There's only 7(almost 8) so far; less than half of the 19 Duggars and 19 Bates. VERY interesting.......

Hmmmmm, that IS odd. Especially, as we've observed, that "siblings are each other's best friends". I guess once you get married your spouse is. But, shouldn't they set that example for their kids; spend time with their siblings like they want them to learn to? Yeah, maybe Steve IS scared they'd end up talking bad about him, or about the things they've been forbidden. Or maybe he's scared they can't handle that many kids at their place? And they kept wanting to have more? There's only 7(almost 8) so far; less than half of the 19 Duggars and 19 Bates. VERY interesting.......

I would put serious money on this fear keeping him up nights. He has a great deal of control over a lot of grown people, you don't keep that kind of control for this long without micromanaging their relationships with each other.

I do find the level of control fascinating and the only way I can wrap my head around it is money - but this is a lot to give up for what is on the surface a normal middle-class lifestyle. Is it possible Steve is sitting on serious money and that's why no one steps out of line? Tbh I don't even know how they make enough to live as well as they do. It sure as hell can't be from their IT nonsense. Those scheduling things and backpacks can't be more than supplemental income, can it? Somehow 4 houses were purchased in cash, 4 households/12 adults and a passel of children being supported in what appears to be a comfortable lifestyle with what appears to be marginal self-employment.

Could their speaking engagements have made them wealthy? Is that possible? I'd think it was more likely they had pics of someone with a lot of money in a compromising position with a herd of goats netting them hefty blackmail checks than that a real living could be spewing their message, but I'm not of their world.

I do find the level of control fascinating and the only way I can wrap my head around it is money - but this is a lot to give up for what is on the surface a normal middle-class lifestyle. Is it possible Steve is sitting on serious money and that's why no one steps out of line? Tbh I don't even know how they make enough to live as well as they do. It sure as hell can't be from their IT nonsense. Those scheduling things and backpacks can't be more than supplemental income, can it? Somehow 4 houses were purchased in cash, 4 households/12 adults and a passel of children being supported in what appears to be a comfortable lifestyle with what appears to be marginal self-employment.

Could their speaking engagements have made them wealthy? Is that possible? I'd think it was more likely they had pics of someone with a lot of money in a compromising position with a herd of goats netting them hefty blackmail checks than that a real living could be spewing their message, but I'm not of their world.

I think they make more money than we realize. Someone here who went to one of their conferences reported people buying handfuls of their books (nice of them to conveniently accept credit cards while preaching against debt). They also had "love offering" baskets at all their engagements. They were fed at every conference, and made their own food while driving. Gas for Uriah I'm sure wasn't cheap, but that was their only expense.

Back when they were doing a bunch of conferences, plus some larger homeschool conventions, they might have made some serious bank for all we know. An FJer whose sister sold items at homeschool conventions said she made thousands on one yearly convention.

I'm also thinking Steve might have a 401k growing nicely somewhere, and non-working spouses can have IRA's (these are retirement accounts that can grow without paying taxes til you withdraw from them for any non-U.S. FJers reading this).

Soooooo, what will the grown kids do after Stevehovah passes on? Sit in their own homes 24/7?

Soooooo, what will the grown kids do after Stevehovah passes on? Sit in their own homes 24/7?

That's pretty much all the Maxwell sisters do now.

Why do these people need to do so much planning? They work at home. The grandchildren are homeschooled. Nobody is involved in any outside activities. Basically, they're free to do whatever they want, whenever they want. And they all live on the same street. Yes, I can see the need for *some* scheduling to make sure the self-employed are getting their work done and that everyone knows the date and time for the extended family dinner. But a bunch of adults who are at home all day shouldn't need to schedule puzzle time with a bunch of children who are also at home all day.

I'm really beginning to wonder if they actually talk to each other during the day. Maybe the schedule is required so everyone knows what to without her having to ask or be told. We're talking about the family who felt they needed to allow their youngest daughter to have email (at an earlier age than the older children) so that she would be aware of what all was going on each day. They are with her 24 hours a day, but need to email her the family schedule. I really think they have silence during their days. Which is why Sarah thinks that family get together a are special and sweet because they get to 'fellowship'.

Archived