IGNORED

Maxwells had F*N

albanuadh_1

I'd like to schedule special fellowship and ministering to John. Quite a bit of time actually. Quite a bit of special SPECIAL ministering. I wonder how often he yell out oh god at these special ministering sweet times? Locking myself in the prayer closet now..

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd like to schedule special fellowship and ministering to John. Quite a bit of time actually. Quite a bit of special SPECIAL ministering. I wonder how often he yell out oh god at these special ministering sweet times? Locking myself in the prayer closet now..

:lol: :D :lol: :clap:

I find it hard to believe that grandparents (who don't work outside the home and have an army of adult helpers who also don't work much) wouldn't think to have their grandkids over more than once a month without it being scheduled. Especially when said grandkids live so close. And since the kids wouldn't be allowed to do any sort of activities there's not much to schedule around. I know that spontaneity is terrifying to the Maxwells, but they may need to rethink their tight-knit family status if this is something they'd forget about without scheduling.

Agree!!

Agree!!

Didn't Gigi have the Maxwell kids over every Friday so Teri could clean? This would be something nice for Teri and Steve to do for there kids.

I'll pitch in another $1,000 on that as well. Also, I'm willing to bet that Steve believes that if a virgin gets a pap smear, her hymen is broken and she is no longer a virgin.

Your comment reminded me of an old website that I just had to re-visit: Iron Hymen!

For those who haven't seen this, go here: georgewbush.org/georgewbush/ironhymen/

:laughing-rolling:

I think you'll find the prayer closet to be extremely crowded. :lol:

To an above poster. Yes the kids would go over to the grandparents house so Teri could clean. I read it back in November of 2010 when they did pictures of Anna's day.

Didn't Gigi have the Maxwell kids over every Friday so Teri could clean? This would be something nice for Teri and Steve to do for there kids.

An even nicer thing would be for Steve and Teri to go over to the chidults houses and DO the cleaning, so the young families can go out and make happy memories together. Except, death looms and all that.

An even nicer thing would be for Steve and Teri to go over to the chidults houses and DO the cleaning, so the young families can go out and make happy memories together. Except, death looms and all that.

Immediately the image of the Maxwells spending a fun filled Saturday night weaving burial shrouds on looms sprung to mind. I'm afraid what you actually meant was death ever looming since Steve brings him everywhere, but if they start marketing their own handwoven death garments to the public I will not be surprised.

Death loom bands would probably be more appropriate to their skill level! :lol:

Perhaps Mary could design a WWYGWYD* wrist band to give out at the next summer fair?

*Where will you go when you die? (like the WWJD (standing for "What would Jesus Do?") wristbands that were popular in the 90s

When the hell did they live in Florida? Where specifically? How long were they there? Were they doing the same thing then as now? I had no idea they had lived there. How did they deal with the year-round defrauding clothing? All those layers and long skirts in hot, humid Florida makes me wilt just thinking about it.

I wonder which Apples to Apples cards they remove?

LOL I saw that and had to laugh! Someone should send them Cards Against Humanity.

Someone should send Steve Cards against Humanity to play the next time. It's basically Apples to Apples right? :nenner: :twisted: :lol:

Edit: Not sure how well-known Cards Against Humanity is in general and in other countries. For those who don't know it's similar to Apples to Apples in gameplay, but is instead very offensive and dirty. Something that would make Steve cry within 2 minutes of gameplay.

That's what I get for not reading the whole thread before replying!

Sorry, "style" or not, I don't think Mary's art is much to crow about. It looks like exactly what it is, amateurish work drawn by someone who MAY have some natural talent but hasn't been given the opportunity to study and learn. You can't develop a style until you've got a good grounding in technique and no matter how many books Mary looks at or how many one-off "lessons" she gets from a "friend," she'll never be allowed to study the masters or receive honest feedback from a qualified teacher. Her drawings look off to me because her figure studies are off. There's a good reason why art students spend so much time on life drawing. It's no to get their jollies from the nude models, it's because a study of anatomy is crucial to understanding how the human body is put together.

I also don't think she's very good at drawing from her imagination. The portrait she drew of herself and Teri wasn't terrible but I'll bet big money that she drew it from a photo. These drawings? Probably not and it shows. She hasn't got the technique to work without a safety net.

I'd love to link you to my friend's daughter's work (I've mentioned her before when talking about Mary's art) but don't want to do it without permission even though it's all public. She's also an illustrator—a real one—who showed talent even as a toddler but she got the encouragement, the education (RISD grad) and the critique an artist needs.

Yeeeeaaahhh... I hate to bash a teenager who's trying, but.... yeah. Let's not pretend she's more talented than she is.

When the hell did they live in Florida? Where specifically? How long were they there? Were they doing the same thing then as now? I had no idea they had lived there. How did they deal with the year-round defrauding clothing? All those layers and long skirts in hot, humid Florida makes me wilt just thinking about it.

I was wondering about the time in Florida, too. The Dad's Corner about reversing a bad decision says they were in Clearwater, Forida in the early 80s when Steve got snipped.

Yeeeeaaahhh... I hate to bash a teenager who's trying, but.... yeah. Let's not pretend she's more talented than she is.

Poor Mary. And she is purposefully kept ignorant of technique, patted on the head, and told she's a wonderful artist. I guess constructive criticism is verboten in Maxhell. These kids never stood a chance. Their parents are assholes.

Officially defrauded by John. I saw some comments and went through some older Maxhell threads, so I had to see what the big deal was about. Oh my. I usually don't go for guys like him in real life (I prefer the Jack Whites of the world) but there is something about him. He is the most attractive, but I think his demeanor is appealing since he seems to be the most real (can make people laugh, travels). He looks kind. And wears normal clothing. He's not trying too hard either way, but I hope he further escapes the clutches of his dad. Same for the girls.... It's so all-or-nothing with these people. Sarah could have been through college, worked, saved, and travelled and now she could settle down with someone and live the domestic life (by her own choice hopefully).

Funny how these powerful patriarchs never treat their own parents with the respect that the patriarchs demand. You think Michelle is going to spend her silver-haired years in her daughter's house doing laundry? St4eve sets the rules for his generation, the previous generation, his kids, and his grandkids. Because Steve is basically a dick who uses his Bible to beat people senseless.

Funny how these powerful patriarchs never treat their own parents with the respect that the patriarchs demand. You think Michelle is going to spend her silver-haired years in her daughter's house doing laundry? St4eve sets the rules for his generation, the previous generation, his kids, and his grandkids. Because Steve is basically a dick who uses his Bible to beat people senseless.

+1! I wonder how people converting to fundieism square it with their consciences to go against their own parents teaching. Cognitive dissonance I guess.

Agree!!!

Agree!!!

New post up! Terri talks about weekly lunch out with her parents, and now just her mom. Maybe there were years that she was scared to face that; THAT would've been a time where they may have expressed concern for her, Sarah, etc. All the things that have been discussed here for years. But, if it continues on, maybe they DO find their ways to enjoy each other and agree to disagree. I'd like to think Gigi also has friends of her own, and maybe she HAS said "you know, maybe my dear friend's bachelor grandson would like to meet Sarah; what do you think?"

Next, Steve's family. Come on, Steve, it's okay. You may be looked at as a hypocrite, but doesn't respect grow when you admit it and work on changing it?

Read the new post. I think it's sweet that Teri does this. I have to wonder if her parents wanted to say something but never did.

Are they Maxwells deliberately writing posts about scheduling or is this just coincidence? The last three posts have been about scheduling something very specific. I can't quite grasp what they might be going for, but I get the feeling they are putting feelers out for something.

On the other hand, I do think a scheduled lunch with parents is a great idea; at least, if you get along with your parents and enjoy their company. I also think scheduled time with grandkids is wonderful but some spontaneous visits with little ones who live so close would be great too, Some of my happiest memories are of my grandpa just popping in.

When I was a little girl, my grandparents lived just down the road, my grandpa popped in every time he was out walking or driving through our tiny town. Sometimes, he'd drop in when we kids were already in bed. We'd hear the screen door squeak open, his deep voice say "Are the kids up?" My mom always just knew not to even try to stop him as she said "No...go on up." And we'd lie in our beds and giggle and shake and twist around our beds in complete giddiness as we heard grandpa come up the stairs. "He's coming up! He's coming!" He'd stand over our beds and GIVE US A PIECE OF CANDY!! Then he'd say "Sleep well, see you tomorrow!" Then he'd walk down the steps chuckling. And my mom just allowed it because grandpas get to do that kind of thing. If he stopped by and we were outside, he'd stand under our apple tree and slice apples with his pocket knife and feed us slices right off his blade - like feeding little birdies until we had our fill. Oh my gosh, those drop in visits were some of the happiest moments of my childhood. Steve and Teri live close enough to do that kind of thing.

Go of schedule every now and then, Maxwells; it feels wonderful.

Archived