IGNORED

Maxwells had F*N

albanuadh_1

I'm really beginning to wonder if they actually talk to each other during the day. Maybe the schedule is required so everyone knows what to without her having to ask or be told. We're talking about the family who felt they needed to allow their youngest daughter to have email (at an earlier age than the older children) so that she would be aware of what all was going on each day. They are with her 24 hours a day, but need to email her the family schedule. I really think they have silence during their days. Which is why Sarah thinks that family get together a are special and sweet because they get to 'fellowship'.

Do you mean deliberate silence, like monks? I could see that actually, like verbal fasting, but never thought about it.

Even if not I bet to pretty quiet, what on earth could they have to say to each other when they are never apart? Most people talk to their families about funny, interesting, mundane, aggravating stuff that happens to them in the course of their individual lives...I'd imagine conversations like "remember that thing that happened t morning?" " Yeah, I was there." "Right." Would get old fast.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, they have had THREE posts in a row now on the wonders of scheduling. Something is in the works. My spidey-sense tells me that a "major product announcement" is coming soon.

I've got 5 bucks on a re-issuing of MOTH now with an Excel program instead of post-it notes and a whiteboard.

Didn't they say something about that in their conversationalists book, that talking should only be to convey information or do evangelism? Joking around and chit chat were sinful? They probably are silent most of the time. For all the smiles on their blog I imagine it's actually a very somber house.

I'm beginning to think that the Maxwells would go so far as to schedule death if they could. That way, they, and anyone else who wants to join in, can die with Jesus on the conscious brain so that they will all know exactly where they're going when it happens. :banana-angel:

Of course, this would be scheduled after the ceiling fans are clean and the cabinets are polished.

Christopher and NR Anna did schedule a time to discuss what they would name their baby. It seems like the Maxwells are using scheduling to control their adult children.

Ok, they have had THREE posts in a row now on the wonders of scheduling. Something is in the works. My spidey-sense tells me that a "major product announcement" is coming soon.

I've got 5 bucks on a re-issuing of MOTH now with an Excel program instead of post-it notes and a whiteboard.

Well they do have an internet based scheduling program already-Schedulebreeze. They rarely ever talk about it though. I had to check to see if it was still there. But, you have to already be an owner of their MOTH book, and pay an extra $15 a year for the program.

Once before. I think on the Memorial Day post, but not sure. But it was about a full year after he passed.

I don't know why I feel the need to give them the benefit of doubt, but maybe it was REALLY difficult and they couldn't find the right words to say. And then it was too long after the event and felt cheap or awkward.

I'm bad with emotions, and I don't post certain things on the internet.

Didn't they say something about that in their conversationalists book, that talking should only be to convey information or do evangelism? Joking around and chit chat were sinful? They probably are silent most of the time. For all the smiles on their blog I imagine it's actually a very somber house.

Just another way to avoid thinking. Keep them from sharing thoughts, interests, feelings. Keep 'em dumb and they will be controlled easier.

Oh no, they had even MOAR f*n! With a clown! And balloons!

blog.titus2.com/2015/07/31/meet-lolly-the-clown-a-new-twist-with-evangelism/

That kind of thing really pisses me off. It's just luring people in with a false promise of fun without agenda, and then hitting them with a sales pitch. The old bait-and-switch. If I were a parent and that happened to my child, I'd have more than a few words to say to the Maxwells. Be upfront about what you're doing and don't resort to underhanded tactics. If people truly want to hear what you've got to say and you're confident in saying it, then there's no need for subterfuge.

I wonder if Erin Whatever-her-name-is-now would sit next to a green-haired Anna…

The Maxwells definitely seem to be making a concerted effort to come across as more approachable and "normal" lately.

The clown thing makes me think of John Wayne Gacy, who also lured the innocent by pretending to be something he wasn't.

I noticed that the clown gave out coupons for balloons. I wonder if it's just so that they only had to have one person in costume or what, not sure (like why not have the balloon-makers right there?). They just do everything in a strange manner!

This might sound mean but Anna looks like an uglier version of Stephanie from LazyTown :lol: that costume is hideous! :? If i was a kid there I would be scared at these people.

Luring aside, something else struck me as odd and it took an hour of not looking at the strange pictures to figure it out: She does not have clown makeup on. A "street" face in clown costume, and calling yourself a clown, is disturbing to me for some reason, not that I am a fan of clowns anyway. But if one is to embrace a concept as means for an end (waters down circus culture and spreading the gospel?) they should do a decent job.

I thought we had decided as a society that Clowns can stay in history. No one likes clowns.

Weird that they went with Lolly for the name. I recently looked up Sarah's trip to Alaska. (Long story.) She mentions a fr***d named Lolly.

Luring aside, something else struck me as odd and it took an hour of not looking at the strange pictures to figure it out: She does not have clown makeup on. A "street" face in clown costume, and calling yourself a clown, is disturbing to me for some reason, not that I am a fan of clowns anyway. But if one is to embrace a concept as means for an end (waters down circus culture and spreading the gospel?) they should do a decent job.

I find clowns terrifying...not quite a full on phobia, but close. This is extra creepy to me and I couldn't put my finger on it, but it's the streetface, you're right. Apparently I hate clown hybrids more than actual clowns. I never understood how you could lure kids in with clowns. Seems like it would be easier to lure them in with promises of a trip to the dentist and homework.

Just looked at their latest blog post - Anna looks downright terrifying. If I had kids, I wouldn't let them go anywhere near her. Agree with others here re: the sneaky bait-and-switch tactics. Once again, I can smell the desperation in Maxhell...

Thanks, Maxwells, for the abrupt Saturday morning wake-up! :evil:

Regarding scheduling...Mr. FF and I are highly scheduled, and that's for a couple of reasons. The first is because I can never remember things, so either it goes on the calendar, or it doesn't get done. The second is because occasionally, one of us will commit us both to an event (if we know we'd like to go), and the calendar gives us the opportunity to relay all of the messages and details, no problem. And finally, because we both travel a lot, and sit on separate boards, so if we didn't have a shared calendar, we would literally be screwed for planning. If I see Mr. FF has something when we need someone at home or getting the dog, I automatically know it's me. It helps us anticipate each other's needs, frankly.

But there's a critical difference in how we (and probably many of us here on FJ) use the scheduler: everything we are doing is outside the house (unless we've literally blocked off movie night so we know not to commit to anything else). Aside from a situation where we are blocking off time, nothing is IN the house. That's what blows my mind about the Maxwells- not that they're obsessively scheduling, but what they're scheduling.

Also...I love this thread. But every time I see the name, I read the asterisk as an apostrophe, and I get: "The Maxwells had F'n", which of course, I read as...you know. It sure puts a spicy spin on things :lol:

Just looked at their latest blog post - Anna looks downright terrifying. If I had kids, I wouldn't let them go anywhere near her. Agree with others here re: the sneaky bait-and-switch tactics. Once again, I can smell the desperation in Maxhell...

Thanks, Maxwells, for the abrupt Saturday morning wake-up! :evil:

I hate the sneakiness as well - it's like impersonating stuff that's "of the world" to subvert it.

Reminds me of how annoyed I would get when my kids were little and people would put scary Jesus tracts in their trick or treat bags bout the evils of Halloween. It's not that hard to turn your porch light off to signal you're not participating - you don't have to look all welcoming and tape a sucker or mini-snickers bar on a message to my kids that they are headed to hell.

I give a pass to the dentist who lived a couple of houses down when I was growing up...he always gave out toothbrushes and we hated it, but if you have to evangelize about something I'd think proper oral hygiene is something with which we can all get on board.

I find clowns to be disturbing. I find Maxwells to be disturbing.

The combination of the two just creeped the BeeJeezus out of me. *shudders for real* :o

Regarding scheduling...Mr. FF and I are highly scheduled, and that's for a couple of reasons. The first is because I can never remember things, so either it goes on the calendar, or it doesn't get done. The second is because occasionally, one of us will commit us both to an event (if we know we'd like to go), and the calendar gives us the opportunity to relay all of the messages and details, no problem. And finally, because we both travel a lot, and sit on separate boards, so if we didn't have a shared calendar, we would literally be screwed for planning. If I see Mr. FF has something when we need someone at home or getting the dog, I automatically know it's me. It helps us anticipate each other's needs, frankly.

But there's a critical difference in how we (and probably many of us here on FJ) use the scheduler: everything we are doing is outside the house (unless we've literally blocked off movie night so we know not to commit to anything else). Aside from a situation where we are blocking off time, nothing is IN the house. That's what blows my mind about the Maxwells- not that they're obsessively scheduling, but what they're scheduling.

Also...I love this thread. But every time I see the name, I read the asterisk as an apostrophe, and I get: "The Maxwells had F'n", which of course, I read as...you know. It sure puts a spicy spin on things :lol:

You clearly have a more healthy approach to this than I - but I am an in the house scheduler for cleaning. Years of crafting organizational techniques to combat ADHD has resulted in a housecleaning matrix that awe inspiring...if we're using the part of the definition of awe that means fear. :D

Keeps me from falling down rabbit holes and over cleaning, and I find something viscerally satisfying about shading in the cells when a task is complete. I do not force my family to follow my draconian regime, but I need it to function otherwise I'm trying to alphabetize the towels sorted by color and wasting time trying to google hexdec color charts to see if one set is periwinkle or more of a cornflower blue with purple tones.

You clearly have a more healthy approach to this than I - but I am an in the house scheduler for cleaning. Years of crafting organizational techniques to combat ADHD has resulted in a housecleaning matrix that awe inspiring...if we're using the part of the definition of awe that means fear. :D

Keeps me from falling down rabbit holes and over cleaning, and I find something viscerally satisfying about shading in the cells when a task is complete. I do not force my family to follow my draconian regime, but I need it to function otherwise I'm trying to alphabetize the towels sorted by color and wasting time trying to google hexdec color charts to see if one set is periwinkle or more of a cornflower blue with purple tones.

...we are the same person. Hello, twin!

Major thread drift, sorry kids, but I use the "all day" setting to know what I'm supposed to be cleaning when. This weekend has the "Master Bedroom" band in pink (3 different calendars- blue for work, pink for personal, green for executive/household!), and is only to be interrupted by the neighborhood bbq we through together so I could avoid a wedding shower. OT, but I use Unfuck your Habitat to keep my cleaning list! I like that it swears because that's how I feel cleaning, it gives you gold stars for things, and it has built-in timers. You'd probably enjoy the threads on cleaning and renovation over on AYTFJ when you have access!

...we are the same person. Hello, twin!

Major thread drift, sorry kids, but I use the "all day" setting to know what I'm supposed to be cleaning when. This weekend has the "Master Bedroom" band in pink (3 different calendars- blue for work, pink for personal, green for executive/household!), and is only to be interrupted by the neighborhood bbq we through together so I could avoid a wedding shower. OT, but I use Unfuck your Habitat to keep my cleaning list! I like that it swears because that's how I feel cleaning, it gives you gold stars for things, and it has built-in timers. You'd probably enjoy the threads on cleaning and renovation over on AYTFJ when you have access!

I don't have the app but I have recommended UFYH to everyone I know! I love before and after pictures of cleaning so much, I can lose hours that way. I've been meaning to check out the app and now I'm motivated to do it this weekend.

I have a weird perception thing that after a room is clean it seems like it's always been like that, so my pride in accomplishment lasts about 3 seconds before I forget what it was like before. So other people's before and after pics satisfy that for me.

Weird Maxwell seque but when we recently moved into our new house one of the first things I did was revamp my cleaning list for the new digs and add ...7 ceiling fans. Yes, I now have 7 ceiling fans, each with two tasks: dusting (daily or weekly depending on room) and deep cleaning (monthly.)

I will go head to head with any Maxwell any day on ceiling fan scheduling and cleaning. And isn't that sad? I need a hobby.

This might sound mean but Anna looks like an uglier version of Stephanie from LazyTown :lol: that costume is hideous! :? If i was a kid there I would be scared at these people.

She looks just like Joseph to me. Yikes!

I thought we had decided as a society that Clowns can stay in history. No one likes clowns.

Weird that they went with Lolly for the name. I recently looked up Sarah's trip to Alaska. (Long story.) She mentions a fr***d named Lolly.

I don't think it's weird. These kids literally don't have an imagination to speak of. Way to go Steve and Teri!

So I somehow wound up (I may or may not have been stalking John) on a blog archive of 2009, and it had the redeeming time book and Summer With the Moodys. Each had a review from "a dad" and "a mom" respectively. I wonder if they were reviews from family members, not actual customers since there wasn't even a first name. Also, thanks to the love of my life Adrian Grenier, I have found many alternatives to the ITonRamp "course". When I say alternative, I mean actually learning to code. Unfortunately, it doesn't offer the scarce skill of how to not-Google.

Archived