IGNORED

Maxwells had F*N

albanuadh_1

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Progress! Progress! And they said people who had been away from their church were wanting to come back! Now, let's see if they bring any eligible godly men for their lovely daughters. :popcorn2: Yes, there ARE other families that worship with them at the seniors' facility. Again, hopefully through that, names of potential spouses can be brought up, and maybe introduced.

I had no idea they fellowshipped...with others.

It was basically a fellowship night at the elderly home for the elderly where they hold the Maxwell 'church'. Sounds to me like the people that run the elderly home were talked into it happening by Stevie pretending it was a games night, when in reality it was Bible Time™ with a few card games at the end. No wonder they were kicked out of the last elderly home.

Poor Sara wrote:

◦Seeing ages 7 to 91 involved in a game of UNO. - which translates as everyone except the Maxwells were aged 80+

Must be the first time I've seen a picture of Teri and Stevie when they are not sat next to each other.

Also Melanie's hair is getting shorter.... - I mistook her for a Man Stevie, make her grow it, :penguin-no:

I don't know. Looks like the senior care center had a game night and the Maxwells joined in. Everyone there was either a Maxwell or "elderly". My guess is when they said some people wished they had come, they were refering to other Maxwells or seniors who were doing something else that night. I also don't think the Maxwells saw this as fun, but as ministering to the "elderly". They did have Bible time afterall. Seems more of the same, honestly.

I don't know. Looks like the senior care center had a game night and the Maxwells joined in. Everyone there was either a Maxwell or "elderly". My guess is when they said some people wished they had come, they were refering to other Maxwells or seniors who were doing something else that night. I also don't think the Maxwells saw this as fun, but as ministering to the "elderly". They did have Bible time afterall. Seems more of the same, honestly.

Agree!

I wonder which Apples to Apples cards they remove?

Their blog post made me want to try Apples to Apples. :D

Someone should send Steve Cards against Humanity to play the next time. It's basically Apples to Apples right? :nenner: :twisted: :lol:

Edit: Not sure how well-known Cards Against Humanity is in general and in other countries. For those who don't know it's similar to Apples to Apples in gameplay, but is instead very offensive and dirty. Something that would make Steve cry within 2 minutes of gameplay.

To the tune of Hey, Hey, We're the Monkeys...

Hey, hey, we're the Maxwells

Where will ya go when ya die?

We're too busy praying

To find Sarah a guy...

:dance:

Sweet, sweet, sweet, sweet . . .

Someone teach Sarah some new adjectives!

Here, Steve -- give her this list for a start:

lovable, adorable, cute, dear, delightful, lovely, charming, appealing, attractive, engaging, winning, captivating, enchanting, beguiling, winsome, marvelous, wonderful, sublime, superb, fascinating, heartwarming, likable, appealing, engaging, amiable, pleasant, agreeable, genial, friendly, nice, kind, thoughtful, considerate, enchanting, captivating, pleasing, delightful, satisfying, gratifying, dulcet.

While you're at it, please tell her that her writing sounds incredibly condescending to The Elderly. But then, you'd probably express that as a compliment.

FJers, I'm from the camp that says the f*n was only tolerated as a cover for preaching and Bible time.

There may be Maxwells scourging themselves right now because they actually enjoyed a game or even felt a bit competitive, and are terrified it was a SIN and will become an IDOL.

One good thing about having so many kids in a situation like this is that there are plenty to go around for the elderly to hug and love – and the kids probably get enough love there too!

I love apples to apples- though I can only imagine the cards they skip. If you haven't played, you should!

they got kicked out of a nursing home?! does anyone have any details on that?

I worked in a nursing home. The residents were allowed one beer a day, provided the doctor OKed it. The nurse would go get it from the kitchen and pour for them. (and then record that they had their beer for the day) I can only imagine the Maxwells going to a nursing home and seeing the elderly residents drinking Budweiser from red party cups in the activity room. I'm sure their jaws would be on the floor and at least 1 Maxwell would realize that the nursing room residents have more freedom than they do.

That suprises me. My friends and I play that and Cards Against Humanity. Not something I would expect the Maxwells to purchase.

I'm firmly in the camp that they crashed normal game time at the nursing home. Though I am glad for the residents that they got to be around littles.

I noticed that since I made a comment here about their "Every mom DESERVES" heading on their blog, it has now changed to "Don't you want a peaceful home?"

Hi, Stevie! :dance:

I noticed that since I made a comment here about their "Every mom DESERVES" heading on their blog, it has now changed to "Don't you want a peaceful home?"

Hi, Stevie! :dance:

That's interesting that they changed it.

I was surprised they used that "deserves" phrase too, as Teri has written about how moms shouldn't feel entitled and that feeling they deserve something just leads to discontent, blah, blah, blah.

It does appear game night might have been set up by the Maxwells, but it seems

like it was an excuse for Bible Time (i.e. Steve yammering away).

Wanted to add, I almost didn't recognize Jesse in that picture.

My mom is at a nursing home. Every activity, meal, etc. is planned way on advance. There are always events planned so people don't get bored. No way a nursing home had a game night because the Maxwells asked for one. It was likely the monthly game night and the Maxwells decided to join.

My mom is at a nursing home. Every activity, meal, etc. is planned way on advance. There are always events planned so people don't get bored. No way a nursing home had a game night because the Maxwells asked for one. It was likely the monthly game night and the Maxwells decided to join.

Since the Maxwells are there every week, and the nursing home knows them, couldn't they have set this up way in advance?

I know outside groups (high school choruses, things like that) often visit nursing homes. Couldn't this be similar?

I agree. My mom recently moved into assisted living, and I've become very familiar with their calendar of activities, which is posted online on the first of the month (I encourage her to try different things). A lot of the evening activities are run by volunteers: musical performances, game nights, walks through the flower gardens. I think this was simply a scheduled game night and the Maxwells volunteered to run it.

While I think it's great for the little ones and the "Elderly", I'm not sure how much the aunties and uncles gain from more of the only sort of interaction they ever are allowed to have. True fun would be a Christian mingle at the local (real) church. Card time at a nursing home...not so much.

When I first saw their post and it said, "Friday night was church fellowship," I pictured just a normal Friday night with the Maxwell family hanging out because their family is basically their church. I forgot about the people in the nursing home. However, I did get a good chuckle to myself thinking about the Maxwell family hanging out with only themselves and calling in a church gathering.

Caught myself hoping they'd ....you know.... gone to a game night at a NORMAL church. But, oh ho...when I saw "Bible Time" I knew....I just knew. Ring toss on overturned walkers. Pin the tail on Jesus--extra large for Catarachs version. I was surprised to see Apples to Apples even with some cards deleted. Probably then had a special round of Pimp My Hip Replacement ..... God these people are BORING.

Tapioca pudding all around, right Steve-o!!!

Be sure to hold Louise under the water in the therapy pool slash baptistry till she begs for mercy and accepts Jesus.

Archived