IGNORED

Maxwells had F*N

albanuadh_1

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG - just saw the picture of Anna dressed up! She looks like something that wandered out the back door of Willy Wonka's factory! :pink-shock:

And who are these people commenting on the blog entry that aren't sure if the person in costume is Anna?!? It's not THAT hard to tell.

OMG - just saw the picture of Anna dressed up! She looks like something that wandered out the back door of Willy Wonka's factory! :pink-shock:

And who are these people commenting on the blog entry that aren't sure if the person in costume is Anna?!? It's not THAT hard to tell.

It's because they did such a wonderful job with her clown makeup.

I just noticed that on Mary's "time management" cartoon, the husband's schedule is as follows:

Luncheon

Meet Ryan--2:30

Training--3:30

First of all, no one schedules a "luncheon meeting".

Second, who is Ryan and why are you meeting with him during the work day? Usually co-worker meetings are titled by the topic to be discussed/purpose of the meeting.

Ending out the day with training. That man has the least productive afternoon ever.

Boy, I thought that was Teri. She and Anna look so much alike in the face.

I wonder how many people were laughing "at" them instead of "with" them....

Honestly, she looks more like Judy Jettson than a clown......

Wonder if Anna was the last person to bible study or something and that was why she had to be the clown.

She doesn't look like a clown to me, she looks like a doll, a very weird doll.

From the comments:

I’m going to guess Anna! What a fun costume too! Did one ofyou make it?

>>>>>

Found it on line.

Do you think Steve talks like this to his family? Maybe this is why the family spends all day in silence because Steve is so curt that no one wants to talk to him. He seems unable to give more to people then the bare minimum. I can easily imagine his daily conversation with Teri as been abrupt and dismissive as though she is wasting his precious time by asking questions like, "What do you want for dinner?"

One question I have about the extended family, do you think that Nathan and Christopher's families ever spend time together without any of the other Maxwells? They have similar aged children and the wives must have plenty to talk about. It would seem natural to me that they would have frequent get-togethers but I get the feeling they don't. And how weird and unchristian is that? The brothers don't get along so the children and wives don't get to spend time with each other? A fine example for the children (if it is true. This is all just speculation.)

As big of a fail as this may seem, we should be happy that this is possibly the first time ANY Maxwell kid has been able to wear a costume of any kind. It's a huge step. If this was in the context of a VBA or other church program that let's people know what they're walking into rather than approaching them, being a character with other characters doing a skit would be fine. They could dress up, not as clowns, but just be in character during the program. But of course, they never seem to be involved with anyone else their age so they could not participate in something like that, therefore the fail at being interactive and creative. But, I am happy she is in costume. If a Maxwell reads this, I mean it as constructive criticism, because if you want to evangelize in a way that is fun for kids it needs to be in a more comfortable context. And you can do this without violating any standards.

From the comments:

Do you think Steve talks like this to his family? Maybe this is why the family spends all day in silence because Steve is so curt that no one wants to talk to him. He seems unable to give more to people then the bare minimum. I can easily imagine his daily conversation with Teri as been abrupt and dismissive as though she is wasting his precious time by asking questions like, "What do you want for dinner?"

One question I have about the extended family, do you think that Nathan and Christopher's families ever spend time together without any of the other Maxwells? They have similar aged children and the wives must have plenty to talk about. It would seem natural to me that they would have frequent get-togethers but I get the feeling they don't. And how weird and unchristian is that? The brothers don't get along so the children and wives don't get to spend time with each other? A fine example for the children (if it is true. This is all just speculation.)

What is this foolishness of which you speak. The Maxwells are GREAT CONVERSATIONALISTS! It's the rest of the world that is doing it wrong....

On Christopher and Nathan, if you can permit me a ride on the ISB, I've always had a feeling that these two may not get along so well. I've always got a Cain and Able vie from those two....

Seriously creepy. I wouldn't be surprised if some of those kids had nightmares after being witnessed to by Lolly. At least there was a dumpster nearby for unsolicited tracts, etc.

Was it hilarious? Did you regale all your friends and family with your story? Did you take a picture with the cheese paper? You'll be talking about it for years to come, right? :D

I did indeed regale all my coworkers with the story: "fuck!" I shouted as i but down on it. "I think you guys got some cheese paper on my sandwich! Jane, what the fuck is wrong with you?"

(This l said in a light hearted joking tone, I wasn't really angry or upset. )

I shall probably forget this experience and only remember it as the maxwells come up again.

And no, I'm not in the habit of taking pictures of my food. That is a horrible evil trend and just needs to die.

The expression on that kids face In the second picture is just like... You can tell she is thinking "this looks suspicious."

From the comments:

Yes to the bolded. In fact I bet these are his company manners. I know it's an impossible try for some one who can't nicely remind him about pizza, but what do you all think his reaction would be if she responded one of his terse dismissals about dinner with, "Geeze, sorry dick...didn't mean to waste your time..." And then yelled "hey girls, how do you feel about ordering Chinese?"

Seriously if any of them just looked at him once and said, "please just stop. I have a lot on my mind and I just can't deal with your shit right now." Then went back to what they were doing. No yelling, no crying, just dismissive.

Would he even be able to respond? i think he would implode.

Steve, you found it online, not on line.

I'm still completely in shock they allowed Anna to dress like that. In a fun/strange costume with green hair. It's probably the first time she's ever got to dress in a silly way and unlike her Mommy. I hope she enjoyed it!!

I like the green bob, it looks good on her.

Someone should send Steve Cards against Humanity to play the next time. It's basically Apples to Apples right? :nenner: :twisted: :lol:

Edit: Not sure how well-known Cards Against Humanity is in general and in other countries. For those who don't know it's similar to Apples to Apples in gameplay, but is instead very offensive and dirty. Something that would make Steve cry within 2 minutes of gameplay.

I was thinking the same thing I would love to see them play Cards Against Humanity!

What is the difference between faking kids out and enticing them with a clown costume to give them tracts and enticing them with candy to get in the back of the van?

I truthfully think the clown thing is just as reprehensible as the balloon thing. They use tricks to get to kids. Kids who are not theirs. And they do it all while proclaiming how great they are for keeping their kids away from the influence of others.

What is the difference between faking kids out and enticing them with a clown costume to give them tracts and enticing them with candy to get in the back of the van?

I truthfully think the clown thing is just as reprehensible as the balloon thing. They use tricks to get to kids. Kids who are not theirs. And they do it all while proclaiming how great they are for keeping their kids away from the influence of others.

I agree with the second part of your post. I think it's slimy and underhanded.

I don't think it compares to enticing kids to get in the back of the van, though. A tract is easily dumped, no physical harm was done, and, assuming that my first LOL was an exaggeration, no serious mind-fucking, either.

Which does bring up the question -- are the Maxwells bizarre and tone-deaf enough to be asking really young children if they know where they will go when they die?

Not even they can be that bad.

Right?

Please tell me I'm right. :pray:

I hope you're right thoughtful :( And even with older kids.. I know I would have been majorly freaked out at any age..

I love how you can always tell whether it's Steve or Sarah who answers the comments by the level of rudeness. It's like she tries to compensate for his dickishness with extra kindness.

I'm with whoever criticized Anna's dress up as stealth tracting.

IMO a clown at a public / governmental event like this needs to have some ID connecting them with a group. Eons ago, a friend clowned in full costume and makeup with an evangelical group calling themselves "Fooles For Christ" and it was plain on each of their costumes that they were part of that group. I mean, I'd want a mom to have the option of seeing me dressed out to be able to say to her kids, "Nah, let's go talk to the next clown. We're Jews/Muslims/Wiccans, we don't need their pamphlets."

Even without any religious component, I think adults who are essentially in disguise should be readily identifiable as to what group they're with: Lions Club, Rotary, AAUW, for cryin' out loud. Think of John Wayne Gacy and other criminals who preyed upon potential victims while dressed up.

Does this sound strident? Good. Because it's a non-negotiable for me!

:wtf:

I can't get over that costume. Actually, the costume itself is ok (if not my taste) but I can't get over that costume on a _Maxwell_. On a pure, sheltered reversal Maxwell who is going to Heaven when she dies. Seriously, how did Stevus allow that? And is she wearing whorish bright red lipstick, too??? The Maxwells have to be really desperate about their "ministry", and I mean this seriously.

Archived