IGNORED

Maxwells had F*N

albanuadh_1

Wonder how Steve justified playing cards and games when sports is verboten? I mean your main objective is winning and so your focus in on yourself and not God.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was not prepared for how disturbing that was. Especially when you see just how little Lisa is. Also, the dad telling the wife that her pulling away only made things worse? :wtf:

"I'm afraid we might have scarred Lisa for life." You mean her dad and grown neighbor raping her and her mom beating her might affect her later on? You think?????

I have been totally :pink-shock: since I read that last night. It is mind-boggling to think how something like that ever got through all the pairs of hands it needed to pass in order for it to become a printed tract. Did NOBODY have a brain cell at all in that goddamned organisation? Nobody had a conscience? Fucking fuck! :pink-shock:

Ever since I read it I've wondered how many children were given that tract. My husband, who grew up in the Bible belt, says that he received many Chick tracts growing up. One neighbor handed them out at Easter. Can you imagine an innocent child given that piece of garbage?! "Here honey, Didja know your dad could give you to the neighbor to be raped? He might if he doesn't know God in his heart."

I remember reading that tract from a link on FJ a while ago. WTF doesn't even begin to describe my reaction. I have to say though, I'm surprised it was withdrawn. Usually the more some piece of fundie bullshit comes under attack, the more entrenched the perpetrators get. They must have gotten some serious flack from the faithful.

I have actually wondered if they do those or not. My guess is Teri gets them and so does Melanie just based on the number of pregnancies they've had and their ages. I wonder if NR-Anna sees a gynecologist. Breast exams are really recommended for women under 40 unless there are certain circumstances (and yes, I have had friends in their early 30s who have had breast cancer, so the "age 40" rule gives a false sense of security).

I've never seen Steve address this issue. Maybe someone should pose it to Teri as a topic for one of her upcoming Corners.

When my daughter was a pre-teen and we had the changing bodies talk I told her then the importance of self exams and it's come up as she got older, reminding her that it needs to be done at different points in her cycle, etc. The diagrams in the pamphlets you can pick up at the doctor (and they get at school in health class) are really helpful in showing how to do it effectively and what you're feeling for, but I have a feeling that would be too racy for the Maxwells to give their girls. Did the same with my boys about their checks (minus the cycle instructions.) I have known a lot of parents who get all embarrassed about this stuff so I can imagine some of the families here having a really hard time talking about this. Maybe because my mom was a nurse and was really open and matter of fact about this kind of thing but I've always been comfortable keeping them informed in a way that was appropriate for their age/development level.

Midwives give paps so im sure Anna Marie gets them. I assume they think these types of exams are ok once you are married. I'd bet $1000 Sarah has never had one.

They have a new post up about how they do "Grandparents Night" one Thursday a month. It is interesting that this always seems to be Nathan and Melanie's kids and Anna and Christopher's kids are never there. We have noticed this before in previous posts about this.

Nothing Becomes Dynamic Until It Becomes Specific

Sorry Sarah, that doesn't actually mean anything. You seem to have picked up Steve's habit of throwing around random words that you once heard somewhere. Something to think about :?

Plan...an event!

What a frigging innovative idea.

Do they...think...the rest of the world just doesn't function?

Plan...an event!

What a frigging innovative idea.

Do they...think...the rest of the world just doesn't function?

Yes.

In more ways than this. I wonder when these women has last had a physical exam with a doctor? A Pap or breast exam??? :(

Me and a friend had a conversation about paps, neither of us agree they should be so heavily encouraged by doctors. It's an interesting topic, I've never had one, neither has she. We both turn 21 this year so we know the pressure will be on. Anyway, just an opinion, but more relative to the situation regarding their physical health would be depression and exhaustion. And the skirts.

Sorry Sarah, that doesn't actually mean anything. You seem to have picked up Steve's habit of throwing around random words that you once heard somewhere. Something to think about :?

This is just embarrassing

Yes.

I mean...I guess factually I get that but it still boggles my mind at how much they talk down to readers, I guess.

If a Chick Tract is inappropriate as is in Maxhell, then they should never ever go to the Bible Reloaded channel on You Tube. They "reinterpret" them. Although, they will not parody the "Lisa" tract, because that one is too disgusting for even them to satirize.

Well that was fucking vile.

I mean...I guess factually I get that but it still boggles my mind at how much they talk down to readers, I guess.

I think they've been out of the mainstream for so long, they're absolutely tone deaf when it comes to how they talk to the unwashed masses (including their fans, because no one is as good as the Maxwells). I also think their leghumping fans don't think there's anything wrong with being talked down to either. It's almost is if they that those they admire treat them with disdain, because they're not worthy.

They have a new post up about how they do "Grandparents Night" one Thursday a month. It is interesting that this always seems to be Nathan and Melanie's kids and Anna and Christopher's kids are never there. We have noticed this before in previous posts about this.

Yes, the grandparent's nights that we've seen have only been Melanie and Nathan's kids, you're right.

Looking at the pictures I'm noticing;

a.Teri and Steve apparently don't baby proof.

b. First time I've seen the intense Maxwell eyes on Drew.

c. I still wonder if Christina (that's the youngest girl's name, right?) has issues with her sight (nose right up to the puzzle pic.).

:naughty: You doubters!

2pVMfPp.jpg

OK, Steve.

ETA -- I see a cabinet polishing session in the near future, since Drew touched them.

:naughty: You doubters!

2pVMfPp.jpg

OK, Steve.

ETA -- I see a cabinet polishing session in the near future, since Drew touched them.

Wow, with an exclamation point, even! Hi Steve! :hand:

Apparently it's a quote from their pastor when they lived in Florida. It still makes no sense, though.

There have been months that it didn’t happen due to trips or illness, but the beauty of having a specific time, is it will happen more often than if it hadn’t been scheduled.

So, what can you think of that you desire to do but don’t have a specific time for? Schedule it, and make it happen.

I seem to remember reading identical advice in lots of articles over the years about how to keep your sex life alive when you're both swamped with jobs, housework, kids, etc. Scheduling sex is up there with black is slimming for easy throw away advice. Somehow I don't think that's what they had in mind for their readers.

It amazes me how appealing their life looks in little snippets like this what with the sunny kitchen, ridiculously cute kids, everyone smiling and happy. I have a sunny kitchen but my young adult kids never stand around washing blackberries together. If they did and I wanted to capture it on film I have no doubt I'd be bombarded for days with mocking pics of them grinning while surrounded by laundry, fighting over the last pop-tart, and probably a hilarious and snarky pictorial of fellowship while cleaning the litter boxes.

I seem to remember reading identical advice in lots of articles over the years about how to keep your sex life alive when you're both swamped with jobs, housework, kids, etc. Scheduling sex is up there with black is slimming for easy throw away advice. Somehow I don't think that's what they had in mind for their readers.

It amazes me how appealing their life looks in little snippets like this what with the sunny kitchen, ridiculously cute kids, everyone smiling and happy. I have a sunny kitchen but my young adult kids never stand around washing blackberries together. If they did and I wanted to capture it on film I have no doubt I'd be bombarded for days with mocking pics of them grinning while surrounded by laundry, fighting over the last pop-tart, and probably a hilarious and snarky pictorial of fellowship while cleaning the litter boxes.

Ah, but your family isn't constantly photographing for ™--that is defined as clean, disciplined, modest and nonsexual, barely educated, industrious, self employed, debt free and possibly above all--Sweet.

And aren't you glad about that?

Yes.

They probably think everyone else functions like Teri did before she discovered the schedule. Except worse because no Jesus.

I find it hard to believe that grandparents (who don't work outside the home and have an army of adult helpers who also don't work much) wouldn't think to have their grandkids over more than once a month without it being scheduled. Especially when said grandkids live so close. And since the kids wouldn't be allowed to do any sort of activities there's not much to schedule around. I know that spontaneity is terrifying to the Maxwells, but they may need to rethink their tight-knit family status if this is something they'd forget about without scheduling.

Midwives give paps so im sure Anna Marie gets them. I assume they think these types of exams are ok once you are married. I'd bet $1000 Sarah has never had one.

I'll pitch in another $1,000 on that as well. Also, I'm willing to bet that Steve believes that if a virgin gets a pap smear, her hymen is broken and she is no longer a virgin.

Archived