IGNORED

All Things Dillard - Part 5

happy atheist

They have a blog update. Sounds like Joy and Carlin were just visiting for 2 weeks.

Poor Izzy is in a crotch-dangler a lot, it seems. I feel bad for him. I wish I could mail Jill my Ergo carrier.

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They have a blog update. Sounds like Joy and Carlin were just visiting for 2 weeks.

Poor Izzy is in a crotch-dangler a lot, it seems. I feel bad for him. I wish I could mail Jill my Ergo carrier.

At least Joy appeared to be wearing him in a better position than we've seen him on Jill! I love my Ergo too but I wouldn't mind the ability to turn my babies to face out sometimes (and I'm not buying the new Ergo360!).

I feel like we've been hearing about Jill taking Spanish lessons for YEARS. Wasn't there an episode about bringing in a tutor to the house? Shouldn't she be pretty good at it by now?

I have to wonder if she's learning better english through those Spanish lessons, especially all those gothardisms that use nouns as verbs.

I feel like we've been hearing about Jill taking Spanish lessons for YEARS. Wasn't there an episode about bringing in a tutor to the house? Shouldn't she be pretty good at it by now?

I have to wonder if she's learning better english through those Spanish lessons, especially all those gothardisms that use nouns as verbs.

IICR their Spanish teacher is Marjorie's mother

I'm seeing Carlin Bates back in Tenn with Erin via her instagram, wonder if that means Jill, Derrick, and Joy are back in AK for Amy's wedding?

Long time lurker, first time poster, here. "AK" is the abbreviation for Alaska, not Arkansas. "AR" is the correct abbreviation for Arkansas.

We will never really know how much Spanish Mrs. Jackson taught them. Fundies like to embellish. For example, Jana the concert pianist.

Just saw this on my Yahoo newsfeed and hadn't seen this speculation recently, well, not since the photos of them at the airport. I don't follow their Instagram but evidently he hinted at it.

http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/a ... no-2-photo

I have no doubt that Jill will be pregnant again very soon, but this photo does not hint anything to me. I am not a native speaker, so please correct me if I an wrong. The way I understand it he is just hinting the usual "I married my best friend" and "life is a walk in the park as young married couple" :teasing-blah: . I read it as: Since I married Jill every day life is getting better and better.

No Duggar would "hide" a pregnancy, especially her. She announced her first one when she was like four weeks along.

I'm sure she will be pregnant again soon.

I have no doubt that Jill will be pregnant again very soon, but this photo does not hint anything to me. I am not a native speaker, so please correct me if I an wrong. The way I understand it he is just hinting the usual "I married my best friend" and "life is a walk in the park as young married couple" :teasing-blah: . I read it as: Since I married Jill every day life is getting better and better.

you dont hide a pregnancy by wearing a crotchdangler. thats a sure way to say youre not pregnant as anything tight around the waist let alone a baby strapped in s crotchdangler is rather uncomfortable.

A new entry has been posted on the Dillard blog.

Jill says that August ended on a "sad note" for her extended family. How deep, Jill...

She didn't have too many options to talk about the scandal :

- a short note, but that can sound either harsh either superficial

- a lengthly note on the "how hard it is for everyone of us, but we do so much trust in God help and grace and we will pray so He leads us out of the mess with mercy, and we will follow His will for us" tone

- say nothing, and focus on everything else that happened in her life

I really don't know if there are a better, or a worse option, in this kind of cases. It is the problem when having a blog with regular updates : how to write about the really unusual and upsetting facts of your life? Not having a public blog looks like the best option.

- a lengthly note on the "how hard it is for everyone of us, but we do so much trust in God help and grace and we will pray so He leads us out of the mess with mercy, and we will follow His will for us" tone

Your point is well taken. It would have made a lot more sense to say that she would like to keep this matter private and that she hopes people will understand her decision to do so. That would be a whole lot better than trivializing it, which is what her statement did.

I really don't know if there are a better, or a worse option, in this kind of cases. It is the problem when having a blog with regular updates : how to write about the really unusual and upsetting facts of your life? Not having a public blog looks like the best option.

I actually like the fact that she a) speaks directly about it b) says she is sad and it's real - because I can actually believe she is -

opposed to the lovely Jessa who just posts stupid posts about weird things and indirectly does stupid stuff

I went to MTU ( it's very close to where JTTH to the heart is hosted). There wasn't any language requirements for any of the degrees but one. To get in you didn't need a foreign language but it was encoraged for you to get admitted. I am also pretty sure a fair amount of colleges my high school friends went didn't have a language requirement either.

Also when I was in High School foreign language problem was crap. Spanish was a goof off class cause the teacher preferred to watch baseball over teaching. The French program was basically cut when several of other programs were cut as well. My school district had no impess on foreign language even at high school level there was no introduction to things even in elementary school. I graduated close to ten years ago and there been no changes just more cuts.

I was not allowed to drop english and my boys are still not allowed to drop it today (although they would like to because their current teacher sucks and doesn't speak well enough english for their standards :shock: ) Normally here depending on education level you have do at least 2 or 3 years of french, german, latin and/or greek.

Even the little ones get educated on english (preschool) by watching Dora per example http://www.nickelodeon.nl/shows/280-dor ... superkaart

They put in english phrases and words the kids are tempted to repeat (Diego is the male alter ego)

My boys have always been very good in english and i encouraged that, i even took them spanish lessons myself because we have spanisch speaking family

Your point is well taken. It would have made a lot more sense to say that she would like to keep this matter private and that she hopes people will understand her decision to do so. That would be a whole lot better than trivializing it, which is what her statement did.

I read through the blog post. I get the feeling she wrote this a while ago and wound up not posting it until yesterday because of the Josh scandal (partly because she wrote she won't want Carlin and Joy to leave at the end of their two week visit. . . which already happened before she posted.) I feel like that first paragraph was added on at a later date - I wouldn't be surprised if Jill struggled to figure out how to address the subject.

Anyways, I do like the sound of this language school they seem to be attending. Working one-on-one with native speakers could do wonders for their pronunciation and fluency - plus, it allows the teacher to easily identify any issues they may be having and gives them time to address it properly. It may also help them connect with some of the locals as well and get a better feel for the culture of the country.

And yes, that last part may be wishful thinking on my part. :lol:

So..if JillyMuffin gets preggo soon, and by all accounts of her religion she should, she will be in El Salvador, saving Christians to be MORE saved, or something, with a very young baby, and by her previous accounts...probably sick to her stomach. So, I guess her ministry will have a special touch there. And then, if they stay, she will go on to have number three right away. Again, be sick to her stomach and taking care of two young babies. And saving those poor souls.

So, my visualization of this does not look good. What do they think this will be like. No stray J'Slaves to come over and help. This is insane.

Derick will have to save all the souls. I'm Agast!!

I read through the blog post. I get the feeling she wrote this a while ago and wound up not posting it until yesterday because of the Josh scandal (partly because she wrote she won't want Carlin and Joy to leave at the end of their two week visit. . . which already happened before she posted.) I feel like that first paragraph was added on at a later date - I wouldn't be surprised if Jill struggled to figure out how to address the subject.

Anyways, I do like the sound of this language school they seem to be attending. Working one-on-one with native speakers could do wonders for their pronunciation and fluency - plus, it allows the teacher to easily identify any issues they may be having and gives them time to address it properly. It may also help them connect with some of the locals as well and get a better feel for the culture of the country.

And yes, that last part may be wishful thinking on my part. :lol:

You are not the only one, i am willing to give jill and derrick a bit more slack just because she took the opportunity to get the heck out off the country the first time she could. It does take some courage to go off on your own and go and live in another country. My brother and his family did it they went to spain) but it is a big journey to do this, especially when you come from a very big family and never ever been on your own. Not even at school or a playground

You are not the only one, i am willing to give jill and derrick a bit more slack just because she took the opportunity to get the heck out off the country the first time she could. It does take some courage to go off on your own and go and live in another country. My brother and his family did it they went to spain) but it is a big journey to do this, especially when you come from a very big family and never ever been on your own. Not even at school or a playground

I would have loved to have tried living overseas! Life didn't work out that way for me - though I do get to marry my fiance, so I suppose its a fair trade. :lol:

I agree. It does take a certain type of courage to do what the Dillards have done. It has to be somewhat disconcerting to suddenly find yourself in a new country with a different culture and language from your own. I'm guessing its been a bit easier for them to adjust since they're there with a group of like-minded people. . . but its still got to be a bit weird for them to suddenly have no family around constantly.

I really wish Foreign Language was more of a priority over here. Fiance and I both took languages in school, but our town didn't start offering them until 6th Grade (around age 11; we're now 27.) Neither of us really remember anything from those classes though because we never got to use what we learned in our daily lives - the only time we spoke in French or Latin or Spanish or Italian or Arabic was in classes.

(Side note: Did I mention I kinda jumped around between languages too? I started with three years of French in Middle School, a year of Latin in High School, three years following that of Spanish, and a semester of Arabic in college. And what do I have to show for it? A Bachelors of Arts in English! :lol: )

We'd both love to learn to speak Spanish fluently so we could teach our future kids and give them a better start to life, but its tough trying to find a good program and find the time right now. I wish I had considered grifting for Jesus as a valid option (not really - I'd find myself completely obnoxious if I did that)!

There are some school districts in our state that either had or were considering adding elementary school level foreign language programs - but a bunch of them were cut because of school budgets. I'll have to do some research and see what we could possibly do to help our kids learn at least the basics of Spanish at a young age.

We will never really know how much Spanish Mrs. Jackson taught them. Fundies like to embellish. For example, Jana the concert pianist.

Josh Duggar, the flawless Christian and faithful husband.

[quote="VelociRapture"

I would have loved to have tried living overseas! Life didn't work out that way for me - though I do get to marry my fiance, so I suppose its a fair trade.

If you don't speak a language enough it fades away, i don't speek enough french so it went a bit? :shhh: down the drain. My sons get confronted with english all day long: games, music, series and even the news here on the radio as interviews in english with a recap later. There is no looking away from english here :wink-kitty: Even i had a teacher in class who told us you can either speak american or english but no mix :fyingpan:

I had the luck that the mom of my current BF is fluent in spanish and teaches and there is abu (granny in spanish) who doesn't speak a lot of dutch although she lived here for a good amount of years

ETA: Ohhhhh boy, i sure can screw up quoting, sorry! :embarrassed:

Yeah. I'm hoping if we learn together it will make things a bit easier, since we'd have someone to constantly speak it with. I'm thinking that listening to music in Spanish that I know in English (like Shakira! I love Shakira!), reading Spanish newspapers, and watching tv or movies in Spanish might help. I also just downloaded an app onto my phone that may help with the basics. And our public Library has some resources listed online that I'm going to look into soon.

And no worries! I knew what you were responding to! Happens to everyone at least once. :lol:

Archived