IGNORED

All Things Dillard - Part 5

happy atheist

head is supported both times, besides at 4 m mine already had control of her head.

I was referring to the right one and another older picture where he was hanging in Jill's baby carrier. he's always hanging crooked. Excuse me for not wording that correctly.

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jill DuggarDillard posted a very interesting tweet just now. Retweeting Ronnie Floyd (don't know who that is): Throughout our new sermon series, Sex Today, we are going to see what God's Word says about human sexuality. Then a graphic of SEX TODAY.

I'm guessing God's word says not to cheat on your wife and molest your sisters, but that's just a guess.

Jill DuggarDillard posted a very interesting tweet just now. Retweeting Ronnie Floyd (don't know who that is): Throughout our new sermon series, Sex Today, we are going to see what God's Word says about human sexuality. Then a graphic of SEX TODAY.

I'm guessing God's word says not to cheat on your wife and molest your sisters, but that's just a guess.

Derick's IG has the same SEX TODAY graphic. I thought his acct had been hacked at first!

It seems that Ronnie Floyd is the Cross Church pastor. The church where they got married.

In the thread about Josh, someone gave a run down of the church service. It seems pretty ridiculous. Full of blaming the woman/wife. Oh...and the evil gays, of course!

Derick's IG has the same SEX TODAY graphic. I thought his acct had been hacked at first!

Gotta say, I read "SEX TODAY" and thought "Guess Izzy is 40 days old..."

In the thread about Josh, someone gave a run down of the church service. It seems pretty ridiculous. Full of blaming the woman/wife. Oh...and the evil gays, of course!

I can just imagine Paul Lynde and Ian McKellen running up to Josh's bedroom window and going "pssst! You should totally cheat on your wife!" and running away.

Can anyone translate Derrick's most recent IG post?

Someone in the comments said it was Romans 6, not sure if it's a specific verse though.

I am also hoping someone can parse Derrick's recent Tweet as well. There is no way he doesn't understand football, since as Oklahoma State University mascot he was leading cheers at all the games. So what is he really trying to say with this tweet? That the relevations about Josh are a punch in the gut to him & to Jill?

Derick Dillard â€@derick4Him 17h17 hours ago

Me: "Jill, what does it mean when a quarterback gets sacked?"

Jill: "It's when someone goes and punches him in the gut"

#ilovemywife

I think he's posting something Jill said that he found funny? I don't see how it has anything to do with Josh. Their lives don't revolve around him, thank God.

Pardon me - case of the giggles again - and I'm giggling here because some years back Mark Driscoll formerly of Mars Hill Seattle did a whole sermon series on Sex/Marriage. he's not the only one. This is a semi-recent fundie/fundie-lite/evangelical trend. Post signs everywhere with SEX in giant letters to haul folks through the doors.

I think he's posting something Jill said that he found funny? I don't see how it has anything to do with Josh. Their lives don't revolve around him, thank God.

I agree and wouldn't read too much into that. As a huge football fan my friends and I make it a game to give silly answers to questions like that.

The best one I ever heard was when someone asked how the colored lines on the field (yard mark, down mark, etc) were able to show up without the players tripping over the ropes. My friend told her there were LED lights under the field.

Hook.Line.Sinker.....we eventually told her the truth :)

New commandment... Thou shall not commit adultery UNLESS thou's wife is not available enough? SMH The Duggar parents and sibs don't need to blame Josh for their implosion. They are self destructing all on their own by making their awful beliefs known.

If Derrick is watching football can jill even watch? Since they aren't supposed to look at womens legs I find it hard to believe men in spandex tights are much better. Can see way more. But then again, maybe women are just able to control their lust better.....:happy-cheerleadersmileyguy:

(For lack of football smilie!)

If Derrick is watching football can jill even watch? Since they aren't supposed to look at womens legs I find it hard to believe men in spandex tights are much better. Can see way more. But then again, maybe women are just able to control their lust better.....:happy-cheerleadersmileyguy:

(For lack of football smilie!)

J'Slaves have been pictured attending U of Arkansas football games before.

Women have no sex drives so it's not possible for them to be defrauded by spandex-wearing men. Derrick probably awkwardly averts his eyes when cheerleaders make an appearance.

Women have no sex drives so it's not possible for them to be defrauded by spandex-wearing men. Derrick probably awkwardly averts his eyes when cheerleaders make an appearance.

He would have had a difficult time doing that in college. He was "Pistol Pete" (snort), the scary looking mascot of Oklahoma State University, who appears at all the sporting events, usually alongside the cheerleaders.

I am also hoping someone can parse Derrick's recent Tweet as well. There is no way he doesn't understand football, since as Oklahoma State University mascot he was leading cheers at all the games. So what is he really trying to say with this tweet? That the relevations about Josh are a punch in the gut to him & to Jill?

Derick Dillard â€@derick4Him 17h17 hours ago

Me: "Jill, what does it mean when a quarterback gets sacked?"

Jill: "It's when someone goes and punches him in the gut"

#ilovemywife

Lol!

Either Jill said it to be funny or she said it because she doesn't really know and was taking a wild guess - which Derick found funny and cute. It probably has nothing to do with Josh and his latest clusterfuck.

Are they going back on their mission trip? We're they just here for a wedding?

There seemed to be a build up like this trip was for a looooong time. Less than 2 months and Jill's back? Or was it a planned publicity stunt that TLC was funding? Now no funds, shorter trip...

After the wedding, Jill, Derick, Joy, and a Bates girl headed to somewhere else. Guatemala or something? I can't recall now.

Someone in the comments said it was Romans 6, not sure if it's a specific verse though.

I don't know if this was discussed elsewhere, but Derick quoting Romans 6 seems like a direct slam against Josh. Here's the verse he referenced-

"So what do we do? Keep on sinning so God can keep on forgiving? I should hope not! If we’ve left the country where sin is sovereign, how can we still live in our old house there? Or didn’t you realize we packed up and left there for good? That is what happened in baptism. When we went under the water, we left the old country of sin behind; when we came up out of the water, we entered into the new country of grace—a new life in a new land!"

I'm kind of surprised that Derick, out of all people, would post this because he always seemed like one of the less vocal and more non-confrontational members of the family . I guess he thought he was being sneaky by posting in an another language and, so far, it appears to have worked, because none of the media outlets have picked up on this story.

*snip*

I guess he thought he was being sneaky by posting in an another language and, so far, it appears to have worked, because none of the media outlets have picked up on this story.

Now that you've posted it here, I give it 24 hours (max) until it is picked up hahah

I don't know if this was discussed elsewhere, but Derick quoting Romans 6 seems like a direct slam against Josh. Here's the verse he referenced-

I'm kind of surprised that Derick, out of all people, would post this because he always seemed like one of the less vocal and more non-confrontational members of the family . I guess he thought he was being sneaky by posting in an another language and, so far, it appears to have worked, because none of the media outlets have picked up on this story.

I'm not sure. I have trouble believing nice, mild-mannered Derick Dillard would turn so suddenly on his in-laws.

I see a few possibilities:

1. He was calling Josh out as you suggested - to which I say, about damn time!

2. He was offering a form of support to Josh - the verse talks about having to fight against sin, correct? So could it be he posted it to tell Josh something about how he needs to keep fighting against sin?

3. He posted it in regards to a completely unrelated matter.

4. He posted it just because that's what they were studying recently.

Thoughts my dears?

I'm not sure. I have trouble believing nice, mild-mannered Derick Dillard would turn so suddenly on his in-laws.

I see a few possibilities:

1. He was calling Josh out as you suggested - to which I say, about damn time!

2. He was offering a form of support to Josh - the verse talks about having to fight against sin, correct? So could it be he posted it to tell Josh something about how he needs to keep fighting against sin?

3. He posted it in regards to a completely unrelated matter.

4. He posted it just because that's what they were studying recently.

Thoughts my dears?

I hate this cryptic stuff... Why can't they just state what they are thinking?

In my opinion it's probably more like 2. I don't see him being a "bad Christian" by not forgiving. To me it sounds more like this whole "there is always a fresh start with god"-stuff. But I am not a native speaker of either of the two languages...

Or: all duggars once again underestimate the severity of Josh's actions and it has absolutely nothing to do with him.

Archived