IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Lucky 13

happy atheist

Re: Birthday videos. John David looks ROUGH. At the ripe young age of 25 he already has thinning hair, and a gut to match his dad and creepy older brother. Now that his family has fallen from grace it will be a miracle if he finds a wife.

I noticed that there were videos added later from the Dullards and Jim Boob. Will Joseph post a video from Clown College? What I really want to know is if Joshley Madison will be posting a video...

I don't think thinning hair or a gut would keep someone from finding a spouse. Plenty of people with similar looks find love. If anything makes it tough for him to find a wife...it will be the fact that he's a Duggar.

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think thinning hair or a gut would keep someone from finding a spouse. Plenty of people with similar looks find love. If anything makes it tough for him to find a wife...it will be the fact that he's a Duggar.

There is a woman out there for John David. She will be the kind that appreciates his self-sufficient handyman skills and ease with children. She will love him for who he is--not for his name or his looks (which are both rather dismal).

Re-watching 17 kids meet the big apple and when the policewoman pops out of the car and asked "Are you the family of like 20 kids on Oprah" I couldn't help but laugh.

Oh, I think they'll be back in some form or another. Not with Josh and Anna - that ship has sailed, but with the remaining family members for sure.

It was a top rated TLC show - they're just waiting for the next scandal with some other reality show to take the spotlight and then the duggars will return.

Remember Jon & Kate + 8? I never thought they'd survive the divorce etc. because I found Kate so abrasive, but she's still popping up here and there.

Plus if they did cut them loose, don't you think there's a chance that "UP" network might grab them and carry on?

I'm inclined to agree. Kate Plus 8 was cancelled but returned to TLC. Gypsy Sisters was cancelled a couple of months ago but they are showing reruns in the AM (appalling to air this show at a time where children could see it) Honey Boo Boo is still out but I suppose anything can happen. Will they bring back the Duggars in one form or another? My money is on "yes". Right now the ratings for TLC are terrible. Maybe they will go up with Sister Wives, Cake Boss et al returning. (can Long Island Medium be far behind?) They are hurting in the prime demographic numbers so they may be desperate. Of course, it is possible they may decide to change their business model and go for more quality programs and stay away from controversy but, based on their history, this seems unlikely.

Thanks for investing in my life.

Like... who even says that? ARGH!!

I've noticed them using that phrase several times in the past. It's such an odd thing to say, you know no kid would ever come up with it on their own. How many times must JB and M have repeated it to drill something so unnatural into their heads?

I've noticed them using that phrase several times in the past. It's such an odd thing to say, you know no kid would ever come up with it on their own. How many times must JB and M have repeated it to drill something so unnatural into their heads?

It makes me feel sad to hear the kids thank their parents for spending time with them. To call it out like that just really underscores that it must not be a common occurrence.

I'm not sure where to post this, but I think this topic is the best fit. It's an article about the Duggar family and their association with IBLP and ATI. It also details some of the Duggar friends and extended family and their involvement with IBLP and ATI. It's pretty long, but it's a good read.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/theslice/d ... -248164613

I'm inclined to agree. Kate Plus 8 was cancelled but returned to TLC. Gypsy Sisters was cancelled a couple of months ago but they are showing reruns in the AM (appalling to air this show at a time where children could see it) Honey Boo Boo is still out but I suppose anything can happen. Will they bring back the Duggars in one form or another? My money is on "yes". Right now the ratings for TLC are terrible. Maybe they will go up with Sister Wives, Cake Boss et al returning. (can Long Island Medium be far behind?) They are hurting in the prime demographic numbers so they may be desperate. Of course, it is possible they may decide to change their business model and go for more quality programs and stay away from controversy but, based on their history, this seems unlikely.

The difference between all those other shows and 19K&C is that none of them had a molester as a featured character. Even if that hadn't happened (or been revealed), I don't think the show could have survived Joshley Madison. For many people, the appeal of 19K&C was that it starred at "wholesome" Christian family. Now that everyone knows the Duggars aren't so wholesome, no one cares, aside from fundie snarkers like us. The only way the Duggars could ever come back on TV would be if they "got real," not just about the molestations, but the Gothard connections, the sister moms, the blanket training, etc. It would be sort of like how Jon and Kate Plus 8 got record ratings when the divorce was announced, because the "reality" behind this supposedly wholesome family was being exposed (Jon and Kate were initially portrayed as really Christian and pro-life for not doing selective reductions and used to talk at churches). Since the Duggars are unable to show any real emotions or be honest about what they really believe, I don't see a return in the works for them.

The difference between all those other shows and 19K&C is that none of them had a molester as a featured character. Even if that hadn't happened (or been revealed), I don't think the show could have survived Joshley Madison. For many people, the appeal of 19K&C was that it starred at "wholesome" Christian family. Now that everyone knows the Duggars aren't so wholesome, no one cares, aside from fundie snarkers like us. The only way the Duggars could ever come back on TV would be if they "got real," not just about the molestations, but the Gothard connections, the sister moms, the blanket training, etc. It would be sort of like how Jon and Kate Plus 8 got record ratings when the divorce was announced, because the "reality" behind this supposedly wholesome family was being exposed (Jon and Kate were initially portrayed as really Christian and pro-life for not doing selective reductions and used to talk at churches). Since the Duggars are unable to show any real emotions or be honest about what they really believe, I don't see a return in the works for them.

I also don't see them profiting much off the tabloids for that same reason.

I mean, JB refused to do a People spread since Joshgate 1.0 couldn't be a prohibited topic. Even when told it was going to be written about whether he'd like it or not.

I mean, if the media wasn't done being nice to them, they are done now.

I can definitely see them being back on TV. Honestly, I can see Jessa and Ben being the ones to do it. Of course, I can also see Jessa or Josiah writing GREAT tell alls. I personally can't wait to read them!

I'd watch them if the show returned.

Just sayin' 8-)

And if I - a person who totally despises everything they stand for - would tune in, when you add all the leghumpers into the equation, there's a definite market for the Duggars. And TLC or some other station ain't going to ignore a market forever.

So they'll definitely be back. Only question is how soon...

Having had a family member in rehab, I would have been incredibly distressed to see some of those comments. Of course, it was a real rehab, where confidentiality was upheld. Still...

Bad Wolf ? :D

I don't think anyone would be interested in hurting a real rehab in a real facility.

A stay in a fake facility with a skeezy leader by someone who isn't the least bit interested in either what they did or addressing any of their ongoing problems is another story. Not speaking for anyone else , but that's what it seems like

Has there been any discussion on any thread about the potential of a Lawson Bates/Duggar girl (jinger?) courtship? She was recently in the background of one of his instagram photos, and (I could be wrong about this), I thought I heard somewhere that they mentioned he was "talking to" a girl on BUB. He does seem to spend more time with the Duggars than the average Bates.

Has there been any discussion on any thread about the potential of a Lawson Bates/Duggar girl (jinger?) courtship? She was recently in the background of one of his instagram photos, and (I could be wrong about this), I thought I heard somewhere that they mentioned he was "talking to" a girl on BUB. He does seem to spend more time with the Duggars than the average Bates.

I was wondering about Lawson and Jinger after seeing them next to each other in an Amy Duggar wedding photo. One other Bates boy was there too (chaperon, maybe?)

One of the bates daughters (can't remember who now) posted on Instagram about something exciting that she couldn't mention yet. Made me wonder if it was about a courtship. I think it was Erin but I don't see it on her page anymore.

Do you have a link to the photo of Lawson's that Jinger is in?

About the whole Jinger/Lawson thing, a few weeks ago Lawson posted a group GPS thing. The only non bates was Jinger. So, maybe there is something there? Or Jinger could be close to one of the Bates girls, though I think Joy is closer to them. Hypothetically if "Jawson" are a thing, would they include this in BUB? I mean the Duggars are pretty tarnished and I'm not sure the Bates would want to cause controversy and backlash...especially since they are gaining leghumpers.

About the whole Jinger/Lawson thing, a few weeks ago Lawson posted a group GPS thing. The only non bates was Jinger. So, maybe there is something there? Or Jinger could be close to one of the Bates girls, though I think Joy is closer to them. Hypothetically if "Jawson" are a thing, would they include this in BUB? I mean the Duggars are pretty tarnished and I'm not sure the Bates would want to cause controversy and backlash...especially since they are gaining leghumpers.

For the demographic that loves and watches BUB, I don't think the Duggars are actually considered "tarnished". They explain away everything and blame everyone except those responsible; and for those rare things they can't explain away they just say that it is Christian to forgive. I really love Jinger and I only hope for the best for her. I guess Lawson may not be the worst of the worst, but I really wanted her to break free. I wonder if they're just waiting for the optimum time to announce the courtship in order to get the most media coverage out of it. JB still believes he can commodify his children and is just waiting to capitalize on poor Jinger's love life.

I don't think there would be much backlash, even from normal people. It isn't the Duggar's show in particular, and no one has an issue with Jinger, just JB, M and Josh.

I agree, I don't think most people have any problems with the other kids.. well maybe a little issue with Jessa because of her smugness and Jill because of her questionable missionary activities. But for the most part most people take issue with Josh, JB and Michelle. I do not believe that people would hold the other kids accountable for Josh's "sins", I would hope not at least. If Jinger is courting with Lawson Bates, more power to them, I think they would make a good couple and I believe Jinger would be moving to TN, which would probably be a good thing for her.

In regards to Jinger possibly courting Lawson Bates- a move to Tennessee would be a start, but sadly, this would mean next to no hope of her gaining any freedom in that scenario. I still have dreams she'll borrow a pair of amys jeans and jump on a red eye to NYC, write a tell all, and become a successful anti fundie writer, and hell, maybe have her own show. A real life version of the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt...

A girl can dream. If any of those kids DO write a tell-all and truly leaves the cult, I think they'll be massively popular and get some serious fame. There's 19. At least ONE has to break away... Right!?

I think that spot may be already taken by JD, who just isn't as dramatic or public of a person as we would need in order to get our much-hoped-for explosive exit and tell-all. Still, the odds are pretty good that at least one with a rebellious and fame-whoring personality will still break free. I'll be proud of anyone who can wash that Kool aid from their mouth!

I was wondering about Lawson and Jinger after seeing them next to each other in an Amy Duggar wedding photo. One other Bates boy was there too (chaperon, maybe?)

One of the bates daughters (can't remember who now) posted on Instagram about something exciting that she couldn't mention yet. Made me wonder if it was about a courtship. I think it was Erin but I don't see it on her page anymore.

Do you have a link to the photo of Lawson's that Jinger is in?

Interestingly, he seems to have deleted the photo. Here is a link to it from one of those Duggars tumblrs, though.

19kidsandloving.tumblr.com/post/129081851625/oh-hey-jing-and-lawson

Also found an article from a few hours ago.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2427824/is-jin ... s-wedding/

I think that it's very curious that he deleted the photo...

If you're talking about the photo with Lawson, the Hartono guy and Jinger, he didn't delete it. It's still up on his Twitter account.

Archived