IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Lucky 13

happy atheist

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's no doubt about it in my mind. 2-3 specials won't be enough for them. They'll want a regular series.

That's where my mind immediately went too.

I bet that during one of these specials. Jill and Derick will announce Baby Dilly 2.0 :ew:

Baby Dilly 2.0 would probably guarantee future specials/a series. I'm sure the pressure is on for Jill to have another baby for such a purpose.

And these shows will be sponsored by.... Bueller? Bueller?

Good point. Perhaps some of them that pulled out will sponser considering it's technically not the same show. Or maybe TLC managed to scrape up some companies that were never involved in the first place.

The cover photo for 19KAC facebook page is now a picture of the two couples. Makes it pretty telling where they are wanting to go with this.

Despite the earlier denials, this must have always been the intention as was rumored before they cancelled.

I wonder if Buzzard will save us from this boredom with another wonderful recap. Oh please, Buzzard. :worship:

Edited for riffles.

go, go go joseph getting a job at chick fil a

hang on now joseph you'll make it some day

don't give up joseph, fight till you drop

Find a normal girl, and you come out on top

go, go go joseph getting a job at chick fil a

hang on now joseph you'll make it some day

don't give up joseph, fight till you drop

Find a normal girl, and you come out on top

I'm in love with this. :lol:

If you go to tlc website, or discovery website, you don't get any information about this rumoured show. If you google it, you get random 'news' sources that are not linked to or sourced from the tv station. I hope they are not wasting their money on this, if it is actually a thing. If it isn't, we talk too much and too loudly.

How come Miss Holier-Than-Thou-Let-Me-Passive-Aggressively-Comment-On-Things-Through-Bible-Verses-on-instagram Blessa did not say "No, thank you, TLC. But we would appreciate it if you would donate the thousands of dollars you were going to pay us to a charity of our choosing"?

(Sipping my glas of hot earl grey tea) Is ' usa today' a reputable news source? I'd use capital letters but my ipad keeps kicking me out when doing so. Or maybe only for key initials related to television stations that think the l in the middle means education. Anyhoo, that source seems to be saying we have lovely new duggar shows to watch, but read carefully. It's not new, it's going to be what was filmed but not shown due to josh scandal.

Do we think this is just a toe in the water to see if they can expand this into another show?

TV specials can always lead to a regular show. I am sure that this is what the Duggars hope. As for TLC -- they will go with the ratings and the advertising revenue.

Is anyone really surprised?

The caption says that he was there with not one, but three young ladies and no chaperone. Strangely enough, no one seemed to be groping anyone and everyone had their clothes on. According to JB and Michelle, that's not possible.

I hope he gets the job, but doesn't it go against the Duggar lifestyle to work for someone else?

I would think the girls are chaperoning each other--and they're in a public place. If Joseph had brought an accountability partner (or two) that might look a lot like a group date. :)

And how do they know he was there applying for a job? It looks like they are studying together.

I thought that was a guy sitting across from Joseph.

They look like they're doing some kind of Bible study.

TV specials can always lead to a regular show. I am sure that this is what the Duggars hope. As for TLC -- they will go with the ratings and the advertising revenue.

Is anyone really surprised?

IDK. It certainly hasn't worked out that way for Kate Gosselin and she still has all her 8 blessings in tow. She gets her specials here and there but certainly not like the glory days. And as someone else mentioned, all it is, is one trip after another because their regular life offers nothing compelling or entertaining. The Duggars were famous because they had 19 children. Beyond Jessa's first birth and the faux missionary trip, the Seewalds and Dillards offer nothing unique or special. I can't see this going beyond 3 shows, if that...The Duggars are now infamous.

I just cannot see the draw beyond a quick lookie-lou.

IDK. It certainly hasn't worked out that way for Kate Gosselin and she still has all her 8 blessings in tow. She gets her specials here and there but certainly not like the glory days. And as someone else mentioned, all it is, is one trip after another because their regular life offers nothing compelling or entertaining. The Duggars were famous because they had 19 children. Beyond Jessa's first birth and the faux missionary trip, the Seewalds and Dillards offer nothing unique or special. I can't see this going beyond 3 shows, if that...The Duggars are now infamous.

I just cannot see the draw beyond a quick lookie-lou.

It is hard to know if they will get a new show, or just occasional specials, or nothing at all, after the projected two or three announced. BUT I am sure everyone involved is hoping that the public reception will be such that regular show of some sort will grow out of it.

Totally don't see the draw either, but then I never saw the draw of the 19Kids show either.

I agree....they aren't interesting enough or a big enough freak show for people to tune in week after week. Maybe in 15 years, when Jill has a dozen kids or so. But even then...it would still be boring.

I think the only thing that may get great rating would be if some of the kids left the family and started fresh. Of course, even that would probably only be good for a special or two.

while I agree with you guys, I have this feeling that enough leghumpers (and let's be honest, many of us here) will tune in. Those of us on here who will watch are only doing it to sacrifice ourselves and take one for the team just so we can all continue snarking on here. :D

I think they might get a spin off show if the ratings for the special are good enough. No idea if it will last beyond one season, but I wouldn't be surprised by a show.

I think if they did get the show it will be a lot of staged "learning to parent struggles", possibly the missionary trips if those are still happening, and plenty of cameos by siblings.

I think the only chance the spin off has of surviving beyond one season is if more kids get married and they integrate their new lives into the show.

Archived