IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Lucky 13

happy atheist

If you referring to adoption with this one. IMO the Duggars are just "praying about" adoption, because there is no way they will go any step further. Adoption requires an background check and even before the scandals hit they were smart enough to know that huge problems could arise from them being checked. I see more skeletons in closets... (But I have to admit, knowing about the molestation might have been enough for JB&M to avoid background checks done for adoption. Maybe they even know that "hitting kids with rods" :cry: would not help in the adoption approval.)

That is basically what I was thinking of. :) :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Josiah is still with the Bates in TN.

Some Bates and Duggars went to Sadie Robertson's (duck dynasty) "live original" festival yesterday

liveoriginal.com/liveoriginallive/

pics:

Trace with Zach/Josiah in the background

iconosquare.com/p/1063141474418697261_247973464

Josiah

iconosquare.com/p/1063044406477915162_40821344

Josiah is still with the Bates in TN.

Some Bates and Duggars went to Sadie Robertson's (duck dynasty) "live original" festival yesterday

liveoriginal.com/liveoriginallive/

pics:

Trace with Zach/Josiah in the background

iconosquare.com/p/1063141474418697261_247973464

Josiah

iconosquare.com/p/1063044406477915162_40821344

Holy defrauder Josiah! That girl has bare shoulders! And is that a random collar tattoo? :pink-shock: *faints*

Do you have any quick quotes from the article? I might have to go by this issue myself. Curiousity is killing me now. :popcorn2:

I wish they'd post THAT part of the article on their site, it would be more educational than some of the others.

I wish they'd post THAT part of the article on their site, it would be more educational than some of the others.

Sorry, no. I read it at the nail salon. Sorry I can't trim as I'm on my phone.

Holy defrauder Josiah! That girl has bare shoulders! And is that a random collar tattoo? :pink-shock: *faints*

This makes me a bit more hopeful that he will eventually break out from the mess he calls his family :stir-pot:

This special was more proof of the things that the Duggars' did wrong while sweeping this incident under the rug. The other stories were heartbreaking. I feel for the victims involved. I'm sure the other people at the seminar that Jill, Jessa and J'Chelle were at, were like WTF when they gave those answers. You failed your daughters J'Chelle! Admit it.

this is going to sound terrible but I kept asking myself, what are they doing on this special?

It either happened to them (which it did) or it was just "light touching over clothes". I thought it was very odd the way they were shown. It felt like the big elephant in the room. Maybe I'm the only one. I really think they could have a platform to talk about sexual abuse. They have something to talk about and touch and change lives...but they chose not to...and then they kind of did.

I'm getting irrationally annoyed at comments in news articles praising Michael Seewald for calling Josh out on his shit. Just read the rest of his blog. Yes, it's nice he's finally speaking out against him, but he defended him when the child molestation broke and he's said SO many other fucked up things.

I'm getting irrationally annoyed at comments in news articles praising Michael Seewald for calling Josh out on his shit. Just read the rest of his blog. Yes, it's nice he's finally speaking out against him, but he defended him when the child molestation broke and he's said SO many other fucked up things.

I don't think your annoyance is at all irrational.

A stopped clock is correct twice a day. Unfortunately the rest of the time it's wrong. Whether by a little or a lot. Like Michael Seewald. In fact, sometimes he's so out of the ballpark that he's out of the realm of right or wrong.

Sorry, you don't get brownie points when you have said that anyone that disagrees with Jessa's views on abortion is the same as Hitler.

I don't think your annoyance is at all irrational.

A stopped clock is correct twice a day. Unfortunately the rest of the time it's wrong. Whether by a little or a lot. Like Michael Seewald. In fact, sometimes he's so out of the ballpark that he's out of the realm of right or wrong.

Sorry, you don't get brownie points when you have said that anyone that disagrees with Jessa's views on abortion is the same as Hitler.

Yes! I swear I just replied to about 50 comments on a news site going "Nope. He's still a douche."

I agree. I also don't really see his speaking out about this one thing meaning Benessa are going to go their own way.

I also will not praise Michael Seewald for speaking out against Josh Duggar, but I will say this. Finally, maybe, he gets it, if only a little bit. I don't expect a full reform or a shunning of his beliefs no matter how screwed up they are. But at least he is now acknowledging that you can't just continue to sin, do what you tell others NOT to do and expect people to be okay with that. Josh Duggar made a mockery to everything he supposedly stood for.. that is hypocrite of the most epic kind.

Thinking about the fundies who supported Josh the first time around and are now condemning him. We all know that fundie scandals are going to keep coming to light over the years, they just can't help themselves. So I'm wondering, how long can this lifestyle be sustained through the generations? Is this form of parenting ever successful in the long term, meaning do these parents raise children who raise *their* kids the same way (and manage to stay godly enough to avoid scandal)?

Or put another way (if the Gothard way is too new to assess), were any of the current crop of parents raising their kids this way themselves the children of super-fundies in the 60s and 70s?

I know we are never sure how much money everyone got from TLC, but this article is claiming that all minor should have had money put into their own accounts.

tmz.com/2015/09/02/little-people-big-world-jacob-roloff-claims-not-getting-fair-pay-from-show/

Does anyone think that is reliable? How does it impact what you think the kids will do next?

I'm sure Boob put the money in one bank account and hands out occasional allowances, but that money is probably his. Maybe the married kids had different contracts once they married and moved out, but Boob got nearly all of that money I'm sure.

Pride and greed brought the Duggars down. Had they been content to simply spread love and to practice that whole "love each other as I have loved you" message Jesus was literally all about, then none of this would have happened. The molestation would have never come to light. Maybe even no one would have cared about Josh's name on the AM list, had he not been the FRC spokesman. They'd still have their show, their good name, their public appeal. But now, "Duggared" is (or used to be) an urban Dictionary entry, their show is gone, and they are a detriment to the very religion they proclaim to devote their lives to promoting.

That's what I've never gotten---they are sad that the TV show is cancelled bc. they can't spread their message anymore & so they went out begging for money. Why can't they just spread the word for free? Couldn't they post YouTube videos or something? Sell their house and go back to living humbly? No--because it is about the fame and greed.

I know we are never sure how much money everyone got from TLC, but this article is claiming that all minor should have had money put into their own accounts.

My understanding is that's a requirement in some states (read: New York and California, where there are lots of kid performers...) but not in others. (And I'm doubting Arkansas is one and there is no way Jim-Bob is voluntarily giving any amount of his precious cash away to his kids.)

It's a SAG rule that 15 percent of money made by kids has to be set aside in a trust fund, (see here: .agaftra.org/content/coogan-law) but reality television shows don't always follow the rules. They argue the kids aren't performers but going about their regular lives so the "acting" rules don't apply.

There was an issue with the Gosselin kids and whether they were setting aside money for them and the courts finally required it. It's covered at the end of this LA Times article, which is pretty interesting. It focuses more on work permits than pay though: http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jun/26 ... s-20100627

I was wondering what you guys think of this article

Silenced? Jessa Duggar Takes Down Instagram Post Bashing Disgraced Brother Josh http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/josh-duggar-sex-scandal-jessa-duggar-takes-down-instagram-post-bashing-brother/

Truthfully I'm surprised it stayed up for 24 hours. I thought it would have gotten the JB kabash a lot sooner.

Opnions?

Look at that latest picture on Facebook of Jana with baby Israel. Could Jana possibly be wearing pants? It might just be early and I'm seeing it wrong. Anyone else want to take a look?

Look at that latest picture on Facebook of Jana with baby Israel. Could Jana possibly be wearing pants? It might just be early and I'm seeing it wrong. Anyone else want to take a look?

Nope. It's a denim skirt. :cry:

I had to stop by the grocery store on the way to work this morning (Food day in the office and I wasn't in the mood to cook) noticed People Magazine - main cover story on the magazine rack was about Rosemary Kennedy. However the Duggars scored again with a small photo of Josh/Anna and the scandal. :disgust:

Archived