IGNORED

Jessa Duggar Seewald is Pregnant - Part 3

Boogalou

Isn't it a mirror image though? So rings still on left hand.

I think you and I agree that in reality, her rings are on her left hand. The image is reversed because she's in the mirror. That's a pet peeve of mine when it comes to selfies--I want to see people's faces as I would in real life, not in a mirror image.

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

does it really surprise anyone that she is saying baby seewald is sucking her thumb and peeing and doing all these things - they live to share these things because it shows that the baby is a human opposed to what others are thinking

Isn't Jessa supposed to be soooo different from her family because she is soooo much more private and rebellious and special to be pimping out her baby on social media? ;)

IMO Jessa's face looks horribly broken out in the photo. I don’t think it’s mean to point that out because after all, SHE’S the one who posted a selfie for the whole world to see. Gotta take the good with the bad if you’re in the public eye. Jessa’s weird sneer/pout isn’t helping her either. Yes, I know there was a huge debate about this ‘not smiling’ issue not too long ago. I just personally think it’s an unattractive look for a lot of people.

I was really happy to see Jessa back on Instagram this morning. I hate most of the stuff she posts but even worse was having her stop posting due to something her brother and parents had done.

Personally, I think Jessa looks great here. I've never found her particularly attractive but I think the bit of extra weight on the face suits her. Someone commented on her skin but Jessa's never had great skin. She just hides it with make up. Pregnancy isn't going to help that.

The Old Wives Tale in my family says a girl fetus robs her mother of her looks, and a boy enhances his mother's looks. So if you look less attractive in a pregnancy you are having a girl, more attractive you are having a boy. Supposedly the girl puts out hormones that mess with the mother's skin.

This is, of course, 100% unscientific bullshit.

I hope its not her closet. There's an immodest dress on that rack. The slutty polka dot sleeveless number.

That may be something only reserved for Ben's eyes! :lol: :o :pink-shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was really happy to see Jessa back on Instagram this morning. I hate most of the stuff she posts but even worse was having her stop posting due to something her brother and parents had done.

Personally, I think Jessa looks great here. I've never found her particularly attractive but I think the bit of extra weight on the face suits her. Someone commented on her skin but Jessa's never had great skin. She just hides it with make up. Pregnancy isn't going to help that.

I have to agree I would rather see her posting tummy pictures then say quotes of the devil or something - and let's be honest if she did the latter - she would be harming her image right now

schmaltzy baby stuff - brings her points in her world.

Nothing like exposed shoulders to turn a guy on

Nothing like exposed shoulders to turn a guy on

To be fair, I have at least five dresses that I bought specifically to wear as skirts.

The picture is reversed. I see the ring on her "right" hand.

My hands (and feet) got larger during pregnancy. Something to do with the ligaments or some such thing. Sadly, almost 2 years later and they are still larger. So annoying.

As far as her posting the video, I'm not bothered by it. I know a lot of people who post ultrasound videos on social media.

Someone commented on her complexion. I don't think any of the Duggars have ever had clear complexions, have they?

Thanks! I'm 99.9% sure I am done having kids, I don't want to do or pay for more IVF and I could never handle more NICU time. But another part of it is that I have two perfect boys, I don't want any more boys. If someone could guarantee me a girl, I might consider it. Alas, I am not going to adopt just so I can sex select and obviously you can't choose what you get pregnant with so we're pretty much done!

Someone recently told me there is some expensive thing you can do do get a specific gender. Not sure if that's true or not though. Seemed very "Gattaca" to me.

As an OB nurse in a rural area I get so annoyed by women who pat themselves on the back saying idiocies such as "I didn't do any prenatal testing because I would never abort." There are so many times I have seen babies have to be Life Flighted away within hours of birth and even passing away because of this mentality. Knowing that your child has an issue helps us SAVE their lives. It has nothing to do with your thoughts on abortion.

A friend of mine had a normal pregnancy with her first - no problems, baby and mom fine. Second pregnancy also seemed normal, but an US revealed that her baby had a hole in her heart. So they were prepared when she gave birth, and the doctors performed surgery right away. Her little baby girl was still in NICU for some time after she was born, but I still remember attending her first birthday party, with this little butterball toddling around, cake smeared on her face, healthy and thriving. No matter what, the more you know, the better prepared you can be.

Someone recently told me there is some expensive thing you can do do get a specific gender. Not sure if that's true or not though. Seemed very "Gattaca" to me.

If you have unlimited funds you can choose gender and even make sure your child will not inherit any genetic conditions. I have EDS 4 and I didn't get dx till after I had my kids. I know women and men who have this condition and go in and only choose to implant embryos that are free of the gene, at the same time you could choose to implant a certain gender. One person I met at the clinic had only wanted to be pregnant once because of the maternal death risk with EDS 4 so she chose a girl embryo that did not have the gene.

The way you might be thinking of which is more affordable but only 80-85% accurate is going to a lab that will try and separate the male and female sperm and then use IUI. It costs about 3-5K depending on where you live. The lab in SLC was suppose to have a pretty good success rate and I had a co worker with 4 boys go there. It was a big stretch financially for her and she got another boy.

There are some very interesting charts that tell you days that you are more likely to get pregnant with a girl, supposedly you have a better chance of a girl if you try a few days before ovulation instead of on the day you ovulate. You should see some of the message boards women eating yams all day, using 5 ovulation tests a day, it gets crazy.

Isn't Jessa supposed to be soooo different from her family because she is soooo much more private and rebellious and special to be pimping out her baby on social media? ;)

IMO Jessa's face looks horribly broken out in the photo. I don’t think it’s mean to point that out because after all, SHE’S the one who posted a selfie for the whole world to see. Gotta take the good with the bad if you’re in the public eye. Jessa’s weird sneer/pout isn’t helping her either. Yes, I know there was a huge debate about this ‘not smiling’ issue not too long ago. I just personally think it’s an unattractive look for a lot of people.

I think she looks like a pregnant woman who has had her entire life turned upside down and put through the wringer by a bunch of vultures.

And yea, there must be some weird agenda if a pregnant woman posts a selfie or points out the baby is sucking it's thumb in the ultrasound. :roll:

I don't mind the baby stuff, in fact, I am glad to see it. Its a good thing that she is back on social media and seems to be doing okay...and its better than her posting stupid fundie shit.

The way I see it, aside from the whole "god jesus bible" thing, which is to be expected from Jessa, she's not doing anything different from most of my pregnant/new mom friends.

Though if for some reason we get a video of the whole "you can see baby moving through the stomach even with this shirt on" type of video, I will have to quietly skip that one. Something about those videos just freak me out, and I've had people I love like crazy post those and it's just...I don't know, I get it, but I don't get it. Totally the parent's choice, but just makes me feel like some sort of alien possession is going on.

To be fair, I have at least five dresses that I bought specifically to wear as skirts.

based on the garish pink paint in the background I sort of wonder if it was taken at Joshie's new digs. (I seem to recall some horrific pink paint in a couple of the bedrooms there).

I don't mind the baby stuff, in fact, I am glad to see it. Its a good thing that she is back on social media and seems to be doing okay...and its better than her posting stupid fundie shit.

Me to and I love your post ! :) :worship:

Jessa isn't going to get the big TLC baby shower and VSE baby birth. She is likely doing whatever she can to bring in extra stuff. She was never going to get as much as Jill, because Jill was the groundbreaker, but she would have gotten more than she will get now.

I do wonder how Jessa and the rest will function from now on, especially if there is no more show. Being special snowflakes with a show has been so ingrained in them for so long, how do you adapt to just being normal? Outside of a few conventions a year, which will likely dwindle anyway, their lives are likely to become very small and contained in Arkansas for the majority of the time. The gifts, trips and money will be long gone. Jessa and Ben have to be worried about how they will live. I don't see Jessa wanting to go back to bare bones living like when they were living in the three bedroom house. Then again, none of the kids, other than JD, likely understand the financial costs of living life. They likely don't understand how much things other than tator tots cost. Mortgages, insurance or taxes are likely foreign concepts to them.

The way I see it, aside from the whole "god jesus bible" thing, which is to be expected from Jessa, she's not doing anything different from most of my pregnant/new mom friends.

Though if for some reason we get a video of the whole "you can see baby moving through the stomach even with this shirt on" type of video, I will have to quietly skip that one. Something about those videos just freak me out, and I've had people I love like crazy post those and it's just...I don't know, I get it, but I don't get it. Totally the parent's choice, but just makes me feel like some sort of alien possession is going on.

Have you ever been pregnant? Before I ever had a kid, the idea of a human being living inside my body was seriously the creepiest thing ever. I was terrified that every time the kid kicked my skin may crawl. Thankfully, once it happened, it wasn't too bad. I mean, it's still creepy when I think about it. But at the time it wasn't too bad. I even have one of those belly videos...though it was just for me. I didn't post it anywhere.

Ha, yeah some kind of PGD (preimplantation genetic diagnosis, I think) can tell you which embryos are which sex, in case of a disease that is only inherited by females or only by males I think. Regardless, in no way is having a girl child important enough to me to go through that!!!! Some people get really creeped out by selecting the sex of your baby, if it were possible more easily, but I don't really see the big deal. In the US at least, I can understand the fear in a place like China where you'd run out of females pretty fast because everyone would choose males. Anyway, way way off topic here.

Jessa hasn't announced the baby's sex has she? I wonder if she will and is just waiting til the scandal blows over or if she's getting a taste of privacy and enjoying it a bit.

Jessa hasn't announced the baby's sex has she? I wonder if she will and is just waiting til the scandal blows over or if she's getting a taste of privacy and enjoying it a bit.

She could annouce the sex right now and a hell of a lot of people would immediately forget about the scandal, imo. :lol:

Archived