IGNORED

Jessa Duggar Seewald is Pregnant - Part 3

Boogalou

I understand the strange dichotomy between the Duggar girls' makeup (and hair) and their supposed modesty standards. And I think in this post you made your point more clearly, and in a less insulting manner than in your pevious one.

I'm still insulted. lostfemme's third paragraph doesn't add anything to the conversation except to judge women who don't appeal to her standards of what is an acceptable amount of grooming. If Jessa or the Real Housewives are happy with their appearance, I say whatever floats your boat. Don't you think, lostfemme, that they probably want to look young because it's what society demands? Who are you to decide how much makeup is too much for another woman to wear?

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would guess Jessa goes over a lot because she lives so close to her parents and, honestly, what does she have to do all day? She may be enjoying her privacy (for once in her life), but she may also miss having constant action and noise around her as well - going from the chaos of TTH to just living with Ben could have been somewhat odd for her.

Jill may not be going over as much anymore. She lives further away than Jessa does and now has a small child to care for. Then again, she could be going over or having visitors come by all the time for all we know.

Honestly that might be kinda nice for her now - since Bin is the head of her household, I bet (hope) he hasn't told her where she should be. She can stay at her own place alone when she wants to be alone, but can choose to be around the hubbub and the chaos in measured doses when she wants to be. Enjoy this relative increase in 'freedom' while you've got it, Jessa! :|

I'm still insulted. lostfemme's third paragraph doesn't add anything to the conversation except to judge women who don't appeal to her standards of what is an acceptable amount of grooming. If Jessa or the Real Housewives are happy with their appearance, I say whatever floats your boat. Don't you think, lostfemme, that they probably want to look young because it's what society demands? Who are you to decide how much makeup is too much for another woman to wear?

I'd say that much make up is indicative of something. Maybe it's a type of armour. Maybe it's a way to stick out or seem individual. Maybe it IS a mask of maturity for Jessa. Yes, personally, I think it's way over the top with Jessa. If I can see on the TV screen, and in her selfies, that she is wearing a serious amount of foundation and bronzer, then she isn't exactly subtle about it.

Have I not read, over the years, lots of posts joking about the clumsy use of self tanner by the Duggars, older girls and MIchelle? Have other people not made fun of their fried hair?

I find it very curious when any woman commits herself to the many hours it takes to wear so much make up (especially when it isn't that attractive or youthful) and why, in this case of fundie extreme, it's allowed.

I'd say that much make up is indicative of something. Maybe it's a type of armour. Maybe it's a way to stick out or seem individual. Maybe it IS a mask of maturity for Jessa. Yes, personally, I think it's way over the top with Jessa. If I can see on the TV screen, and in her selfies, that she is wearing a serious amount of foundation and bronzer, then she isn't exactly subtle about it.

Have I not read, over the years, lots of posts joking about the clumsy use of self tanner by the Duggars, older girls and MIchelle? Have other people not made fun of their fried hair?

I find it very curious when any woman commits herself to the many hours it takes to wear so much make up (especially when it isn't that attractive or youthful) and why, in this case of fundie extreme, it's allowed.

Yep, some people here make those comments. And some people push back when it happens. I've been on both sides at one time or another. Today your comment bothered me because it seemed anti-woman in general. Women have to be thin, but not too thin; wear makeup but not too much; try and pass for a twenty-something at all ages; we're expected to look sexy but not slutty; where's the line? We can't win. On a different day, I might have had a different reaction. For now I'm more interested in her words and actions, and what happens next with regard to the scandal and the show.

I wonder if Jessa and Ben are disappointed to miss out on the Denver conference and more elbow-rubbing with their pal Jason Lisle. Maybe they'll still go, as fans. :lol:

Honestly that might be kinda nice for her now - since Bin is the head of her household, I bet (hope) he hasn't told her where she should be. She can stay at her own place alone when she wants to be alone, but can choose to be around the hubbub and the chaos in measured doses when she wants to be. Enjoy this relative increase in 'freedom' while you've got it, Jessa! :|

As much as I hate their beliefs, I agree. At the risk of sounding like a Duggar, this is a really special time in Jessa's life - she's young, enjoying newly wed life (I hope), and is expecting her first child. I hope she, Anna, Jill, and all the other kids are doing ok.

Michelle and JimBob can go fuck themselves though. :lol:

I live close to an older part of my town, and a number of nearby resale/thrift shops and restaurants were opened up in older homes located in the historical district, complete with screened in back porches, slanting ceilings, and unique paint jobs (one place was done in about 10 different paint colors before it became a resale clothing boutique :lol: ). I guess I'm just used to seeing resale shops done that way, even though I've been to plenty of newer ones in strip malls. :)

I could be wrong. I don't really follow the Bates show, so it could have been taken there. The polka-dot number does kind of throw me, though.

It's definitely the Bates house. The TTH's family closet doesn't have a slanted ceiling as it's behind the laundry room. The Bates's family closet and laundry room has a slanted ceiling since it's in the attic of the old house.

As much as I hate their beliefs, I agree. At the risk of sounding like a Duggar, this is a really special time in Jessa's life - she's young, enjoying newly wed life (I hope), and is expecting her first child. I hope she, Anna, Jill, and all the other kids are doing ok.

Michelle and JimBob can go fuck themselves though. :lol:

I might even go so far as to say that it's a new season of life for Jessa! :lol:

But in all seriousness, I hate their beliefs and I do feel sorry for the kids. They did not choose this life. :(

This.

Let's be honest, folks. Jessa and Jill have creeped their way back onto social media with cute baby pictures and sonogram videos as a means to check the pulse of the general population.

Sure, it can be argued that they're doing what any other normal new mom and/or pregnant person would do. Unfortunately their situation is NOT normal. IMO, this is absolutely a way get the ball rolling toward a spin off, or as a means of further damage control. Not that being interviewed and making light of your molestation was initiating damage control, but you get the picture...

They like the limelight and want to stay in it - plain and simple. Daddy Duggar does, too.

Perhaps you'd be happier if they only posted on social media about how their lives were destroyed because they were molested a dozen years ago? Or should they just avoid posting the obligatory pregnancy / baby videos of virtually every single new - expecting mom for all time? Maybe their babies should share their fall from grace -- kinda sounds like a Gothard thing to me . Or maybe you'd prefer they go to the other extreme a do a walk of shame ala Cersei from Game of Thrones? Oh wait, that's right....they have nothing to be ashamed of, it's just their evil culture that makes them feel " less" ......right.

Perhaps you'd be happier if they only posted on social media about how their lives were destroyed because they were molested a dozen years ago? Or should they just avoid posting the obligatory pregnancy / baby videos of virtually every single new - expecting mom for all time? Maybe their babies should share their fall from grace -- kinda sounds like a Gothard thing to me . Or maybe you'd prefer they go to the other extreme a do a walk of shame ala Cersei from Game of Thrones? Oh wait, that's right....they have nothing to be ashamed of, it's just their evil culture that makes them feel " less" ......right.

Of, for the love of all that is holy...

In all reality, I could give a shit less what they post on social media. Fact of the matter is they're in the middle of a huge molestation scandal, and their future "income" with regard to their lives being on TV is at stake - we know this to be true. Their pictures seem like damage control. They seem to have their fingers on the pulse of the masses through their pictures to help decide whether or not Bin and Derick get a job or they get a spin off. They seem to like being on TV. Why do these general observations shared by many make you so upset?

Their situation is sad, and *I'M* not minimizing their molestation or supporting their molester - they and their parents are. I never said anything about wanting their babies to "fall from grace" - you did. And the pièce de résistance? Thank you for the oh-so-dramatic Cersei à la GoT walk of shame comment. Nice touch?

Their situations are not normal. I was simply making an observation based on what's happening currently. We can agree to disagree, no?

It's definitely the Bates house. The TTH's family closet doesn't have a slanted ceiling as it's behind the laundry room. The Bates's family closet and laundry room has a slanted ceiling since it's in the attic of the old house.

Why is she taking pregnancy pictures in the Bates closet? And why is there an immodest dress in their closet?! :o

In all fairness, maybe she's using the immodest dress as a slip...

In all reality, I could give a shit less what they post on social media. Fact of the matter is they're in the middle of a huge molestation scandal, and their future "income" with regard to their lives being on TV is at stake - we know this to be true. Their pictures seem like damage control. They seem to have their fingers on the pulse of the masses through their pictures to help decide whether or not Bin and Derick get a job or they get a spin off. They seem to like being on TV. Why do these general observations shared by many make you so upset?

Their situation is sad, and *I'M* not minimizing their molestation or supporting their molester - they and their parents are. I never said anything about wanting their babies to "fall from grace" - you did. And the pièce de résistance? Thank you for the oh-so-dramatic Cersei à la GoT walk of shame comment. Nice touch?

Their situations are not normal. I was simply making an observation based on what's happening currently. We can agree to disagree, no?

No their situation is not normal. They are celebrities in the fall- out of a scanda

. Does that mean they should avoid doing normal things? Why on earth should they feel compelled to hide in a cave because they were molested? Or is it that they should be out of the public eye because their parents handled it badly? I absolutely agree you aren't minimizing their molestation -- you are making it the only important aspect of their lives.

It boggles my mind that people can spout off about how horribly their cult demeans and devalues women and girls and makes them feel their worth is only in their purity -- and at the same time take those sentiments even farther by belittling these young women for wanting to go on with their lives despite having been molested.

Not to belabour this but I didn't want to 'post and run'. We do, collectively, make fun of crunchy hair (and frumpers) because it is a stereotypical trait of some fundie women. And many of us ridicule Jill R. for her make-up but that seems warranted due to her supposed expertise in the field. I took exception to your original comments because you likened Jessa's appearance to that of a hooker and the Real Housewives (who, I agree, are a sad and pathetic bunch). But all of these women are really just trying to present themselves in a way that presumably makes them happy. They are trying to adhere to what our society deems 'pretty'. I don't think Jessa's makeup is a mask, I believe she just thinks she looks pretty. And, in her case, I think she wears a lot of foundation to hide her seemingly rather severe case of acne. However, I agree that it is interesting how the Duggar girls' appearance has changed over the last few years, and I would love to know if there have been any discussions about it with JB. I remember an early episode wherein the girls discussed their crunchy hair and bangs and stated that this is how their father wanted them to look, which, as I recall, was quite nauseating. So, yes, from that standpoint it is very interesting indeed.

No their situation is not normal. They are celebrities in the fall- out of a scanda

. Does that mean they should avoid doing normal things? Why on earth should they feel compelled to hide in a cave because they were molested? Or is it that they should be out of the public eye because their parents handled it badly? I absolutely agree you aren't minimizing their molestation -- you are making it the only important aspect of their lives.

It boggles my mind that people can spout off about how horribly their cult demeans and devalues women and girls and makes them feel their worth is only in their purity -- and at the same time take those sentiments even farther by belittling these young women for wanting to go on with their lives despite having been molested.

It boggles my mind how you continue to put words in another person's mouth.

Alas, I must point out the obvious for you yet again. I did not demean them or speak about their "cult" doing so. I did not tell them to hide in a cave. I did not tell them not to be as normal as they can be while choosing to live in the public eye - in the middle of a scandal. And no, I'm not making their molestation the only important aspect of their lives. You speak dramatic like a champ...

They are making choices, which will result in general observations. I am of the opinion that they are doing what they're doing for a specific reason and you don't have to agree with that. Knock yourself out enjoying their pictures and interpreting them however you'd like to - but as you do so, keep in mind that your view is not the end-all be-all of anything. You can try to make it what you want it to be and put other people down along the way because they don't agree with you, but it still doesn't validate your view. Your horse is not higher than mine... :)

Not to belabour this but I didn't want to 'post and run'. We do, collectively, make fun of crunchy hair (and frumpers) because it is a stereotypical trait of some fundie women. And many of us ridicule Jill R. for her make-up but that seems warranted due to her supposed expertise in the field. I took exception to your original comments because you likened Jessa's appearance to that of a hooker and the Real Housewives (who, I agree, are a sad and pathetic bunch). But all of these women are really just trying to present themselves in a way that presumably makes them happy. They are trying to adhere to what our society deems 'pretty'. I don't think Jessa's makeup is a mask, I believe she just thinks she looks pretty. And, in her case, I think she wears a lot of foundation to hide her seemingly rather severe case of acne. However, I agree that it is interesting how the Duggar girls' appearance has changed over the last few years, and I would love to know if there have been any discussions about it with JB. I remember an early episode wherein the girls discussed their crunchy hair and bangs and stated that this is how their father wanted them to look, which, as I recall, was quite nauseating. So, yes, from that standpoint it is very interesting indeed.

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when JB disucssed anything with Jessa

she tends to have a strong head and I wonder if they butt heads -

I am with you to a degree about Jessa's makeup not being a mask - i think it's what she wants - she clearly knows she is pretty and is now using it. Her acne in some episodes she can't cover it now matter how much she puts on - the Duggar in cuffs is one episode in particular - where it looks like she is wearing a ton of makeup and on the lower half of her face the acne just comes through it - but again Ben never seemed to care - and I don't care she has acne - as since she has had regular sex :D it seems to have gone away to a degree - except now its back because she is expecting baby girl seeweed :D

her mask is her attitude to the world - yet in private perhaps its different

as for the crunchy perms it seems they all outgrew that except Michelle

their situations are not normal you are correct

but I do care what they post on social media for some strange reason - big surprise

I would much rather see sonograms of Baby Seewald or videos of IDDY pooping

then perhaps Ben and Jinger claiming they are sinners - because that I don't believe and I will never believe that Jinger is a sinner to the degree that she claims...or even who needs to see Ben's coffin posts - that was just wrong

what was great - was people calling Ben out when he was posting crosses, and verses when he refused to acknowledge that he was expecting a kid - because I assume people want to see what is current in their life - they don't want to see buzzards and death talk

from their website:

Grateful and Blessed

June 17, 2015

The Seewalds

We want to pause a moment and thank all of you who have been lifting us up in prayer. We are so grateful and blessed!

Our little family is, by God's grace, going to continue seeking to lovingly point people to Christ and encourage those who are down. God’s goodness and kindness to us even in difficult times is humbling and wonderful!

Baby Seewald is growing steadily and Mommy has been feeling some little, yet strong, kicks! We recently had an ultrasound, but aren't revealing our firstborn's gender yet. Can't wait to welcome this blessing from God into the world!

Here are some verses of exhortation for you all: "Therefore seeing we also are surrounded with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which does so easily ensnare us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and perfecter of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God." -Hebrews 12:1-2

theseewaldfamily.com/2015/6/grateful-and-blessed

from their website:

theseewaldfamily.com/2015/6/grateful-and-blessed

Kill them with kindne$$

Attract more flie$ with honey than with vinegar

my horse is higher than yours :D :cracking-up: :cracking-up:

nst, you make me laugh so often on this site. :lol: Thanks for that!

Kill them with kindne$$

Attract more flie$ with honey than with vinegar

FAR cry from their fire and brimstone social media posts of the past. Guess someone in the family listens to PR advice, if not JB or DQ.

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when JB disucssed anything with Jessa

she tends to have a strong head and I wonder if they butt heads -

I am with you to a degree about Jessa's makeup not being a mask - i think it's what she wants - she clearly knows she is pretty and is now using it. Her acne in some episodes she can't cover it now matter how much she puts on - the Duggar in cuffs is one episode in particular - where it looks like she is wearing a ton of makeup and on the lower half of her face the acne just comes through it - but again Ben never seemed to care - and I don't care she has acne - as since she has had regular sex :D it seems to have gone away to a degree - except now its back because she is expecting baby girl seeweed :D

her mask is her attitude to the world - yet in private perhaps its different

as for the crunchy perms it seems they all outgrew that except Michelle

Wouldn't you just! It would be interesting to see any interaction between the older girls and JB that wasn't scripted for the show. Jessa's "hooker" make up couldn't have escaped JB's notice. I'd love to see the rationale she used to wiggle out of any of his concerns. Maybe Michelle softened the issue with the countenance position - Jessa is only drawing attention to her countenance, not her body. I do believe that without the effects of the crew on set, mainly make up artists, JB would have banned all make up as well.

I mean, the kids aren't allowed to so much as sway to music (dancing = BAD!) Josie throwing off a jacket, IMMODEST!

Anyway, it's as interesting to me as Jinger's desires to live in a city. How does the family cope with each child's individuality? Is it suppressed? And if it isn't suppressed, as Jessa's and Joseph's aren't, why do the Duggar parents allow it as opposed to Josiah's desire to learn design and Spanish (nope, got to work in a Duggar business) or Josh's want to go to law school (Liberty U and Baylor have law schools but no, Josh couldn't gear his life to fulfill that desire or Jim Bob couldn't part with the cash.)

Yes, yes, all speculation is frowned on around here. That doesn't dampen my curiosity.

their situations are not normal you are correct

but I do care what they post on social media for some strange reason - big surprise

I would much rather see sonograms of Baby Seewald or videos of IDDY pooping

then perhaps Ben and Jinger claiming they are sinners - because that I don't believe and I will never believe that Jinger is a sinner to the degree that she claims...or even who needs to see Ben's coffin posts - that was just wrong

what was great - was people calling Ben out when he was posting crosses, and verses when he refused to acknowledge that he was expecting a kid - because I assume people want to see what is current in their life - they don't want to see buzzards and death talk

To clarify not caring what they post on social media... I'm not the Twitter, Instagram, whatever other thing people post on type, so it fazes me not in an overall sense of social media as a whole. Of course I'd rather see her post babies pooping than spreading hate.

That being said, I still maintain they're using their adorable baby pooping post as a means to feel out the general public as far as a spin off is concerned. Not everyone has to agree with the observation. Consequently, that's something I don't really care about, either. We're never all going to feel the same about everything when it comes to this family, and that's okay! :)

FAR cry from their fire and brimstone social media posts of the past. Guess someone in the family listens to PR advice, if not JB or DQ.

They need the money. And not the kind of money that their skills and knowledge would command. They want the renovated, fully furnished home, with all the latest and greatest appliances and what not (for their neck of the woods), cars, kayaks, computers, phones, trips...they want it all because that's what they've come to expect.

The double wide, WM wares and tent camping is NOT what Jessa and her Prince want. They want the People cover and their baby swaddled in the 10,000 dollar duds.

Archived