IGNORED

Jessa Duggar Seewald is Pregnant - Part 3

Boogalou

Is the makeup comment being made in reference to the closet pic? Seems like she's only wearing a bit of eyeliner. There are some other photos that have been posted in the past where she does seem to have it "caked" on.

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The prostitutes in my neighborhood don't Really wear makeup. Now the church ladies and good girls look like they use a trowel to apply their makeup.

The prostitutes in my neighborhood don't Really wear makeup. Now the church ladies and good girls look like they use a trowel to apply their makeup.

:clap: Post of the year.

Seriously, though, I'm still lost on how 1) the amount of makeup one's wear makes someone a "whore;" 2) being a "whore" is considered a bad thing on a board that some swear is all about critiquing fundie gender norms; 3)Jessa's make-up is considered at all excessive/"whore"-like. Just the other day I watched a 15 minute video on how to achieve a natural look with at least 8 different products. Some of you would shit if you knew the amount of make-up Jana must be wearing in every picture of her on social media--hell, I don't think I've ever seen a picture of her where she hasn't waterlined and tightlined her eyes. Why isn't she a "whore?" Because she's seemingly sweet and depressed but always manages to smile for the camera?

:lol:

I had plenty of ultrasounds, Here it is the gyn that does it himself, and i had one every visit.(every 4 weeks until 35 than every 2 and when over due every 2 days)

Rather than "hooker" makeup and shoes, may I present the phrase, "catch me fuck me" in reference to... enticing styles. CMFM for short... can be used for any gender. :D

Seriously, though, I'm still lost on how 1) the amount of makeup one's wear makes someone a "whore;" 2) being a "whore" is considered a bad thing on a board that some swear is all about critiquing fundie gender norms; 3)Jessa's make-up is considered at all excessive/"whore"-like. Just the other day I watched a 15 minute video on how to achieve a natural look with at least 8 different products. Some of you would shit if you knew the amount of make-up Jana must be wearing in every picture of her on social media--hell, I don't think I've ever seen a picture of her where she hasn't waterlined and tightlined her eyes. Why isn't she a "whore?" Because she's seemingly sweet and depressed but always manages to smile for the camera?

:clap:

Thank you for articulating points one, two, and three in a way that I couldn't. Agree with your thoughts on acheiving a natural look and Jana's techniques. If people here want to critique Duggars makeup (I kind of do, tbh) some folks will complain about shallowness or ask why aren't you looking at more important issues (I feel this way a lot) but they are in the public eye and also with the whole countenance thing, personally I don't mind if people comment on Duggar looks. Calling someone hard and old looking with hooker makeup is just not the most productive way to do it, imo.

Rather than "hooker" makeup and shoes, may I present the phrase, "catch me fuck me" in reference to... enticing styles. CMFM for short... can be used for any gender. :D

nah

Maybe this has been said before, but I'm puzzled about the Duggar code of modest dress and the baby bulge photos. Back in my day, maternity clothes were loose and until you were really far along, the bulge was hidden behind a very full dress or top. That's what Michelle always wore though hers were not only modest but frumpy as hell. Jill and Jessa both have worn tight t-shirts that accentuated the bulge, which to me seems to be the opposite of modest. Or maybe I'm just an old fart who needs to get with the times. :lol:

I think many people assume (and it would seem logical) that if a girl did not want want to attract attention to herself, enough so that in Duggarville a word was devised to warn of an attention seeking woman on the horizon (NIKE!), that vanity would be right on pare with immodesty. Just another weird, Duggar inconsistency. I never understood why ogling of the face would be any better than glaring at any other part of the body. Does modesty apply only to clothing?

FFS, this is a group that does not allow private conversations, but has no problem with bronzer or any other kind of face paint. So, they are not above attracting a man with looks, but do not want to do so with intellect (I know, oxymoron). Please explain how that practice is modest? Would Mimi from the Drew Carey show elicit a NIKE?????? And if not, why?????

The lack of logic is frustrating.

Maybe this has been said before, but I'm puzzled about the Duggar code of modest dress and the baby bulge photos. Back in my day, maternity clothes were loose and until you were really far along, the bulge was hidden behind a very full dress or top. That's what Michelle always wore though hers were not only modest but frumpy as hell. Jill and Jessa both have worn tight t-shirts that accentuated the bulge, which to me seems to be the opposite of modest. Or maybe I'm just an old fart who needs to get with the times. :lol:

Ditto.

There is modest maternity wear- see C. Anna Maxwell.

Attention seekers, for sure.

Thank you for articulating points one, two, and three in a way that I couldn't. Agree with your thoughts on acheiving a natural look and Jana's techniques. If people here want to critique Duggars makeup (I kind of do, tbh) some folks will complain about shallowness or ask why aren't you looking at more important issues (I feel this way a lot) but they are in the public eye and also with the whole countenance thing, personally I don't mind if people comment on Duggar looks. Calling someone hard and old looking with hooker makeup is just not the most productive way to do it, imo.

The hard comes from her personality and that's on Jessa. She can own it.

Old- sometimes the use of heavy makeup does age a person. Jessa might want that,as she is a young person playing house.

I doubt the hooker part applies.

Although, she has sold her face to TLC-

They weren't exactly wearing "modest" (by their definition) clothes before they got pregnant, either. If the emphasis is on their countenance then they are doing a very poor job of reducing the attention on their bodies. I saw a picture of Anna in the DC airport and she was wearing what was basically a cap-sleeved shirt under a sleeveless tunic that had a very low V-front. She had a lot of arm skin showing and that cheers me that maybe they're moving away from "skin=defrauding." OTOH, I thought that at one point Boobchelle had said that their "conviction" was to keep elbows and knees covered and Anna jumped right into being a Boobchelle clone when she started courting Smuggar. The other Jslaves seem to be toeing the "modesty" line too, with necklines getting lower, shirts getting tighter, skirts getting shorter. I'm all for it if that is how they're comfortable, but they're starting to venture into immodest territory that even mainstream people could start raising an eye at, based on their claimed beliefs.

Well, obviously Jana can't be a whore. She's too sweet, lovely, and kindhearted for that. She would never deem it appropriate to blanket train a child or consider how her parents handled Josh's molestations of her sisters to be acceptable because she's simply immune to brainwashing. It's obvious she wants to live in a big city and go to college because she is just like us guys! Damn the man, free the Jana (possibly against her will)! :roll:

Yeah. I don't get the reasoning either. If people want to critique their use of makeup that's fine. If you do so by referring to one of the girls as slutty or a whore, that's not fine. It's actually a steaming pile of bullshit and says more about the person criticizing than it does about their target.

I don't think there's anything wrong with a pregnant woman wearing tight-fitting shirts that show off her belly. After all, she's likely excited about her pregnancy and seeing (and displaying) her growing bump makes her happy. And, honestly, I think this applies to both Jill and Jessa.

However, I do agree that drawing attention to their bodies in such a way is contrary to their stated beliefs. I don't think it's pregnancy-specific, though; the same could be said for the pencil skirts Jana wears, for instance.

I don't think there's anything wrong with a pregnant woman wearing tight-fitting shirts that show off her belly. After all, she's likely excited about her pregnancy and seeing (and displaying) her growing bump makes her happy. And, honestly, I think this applies to both Jill and Jessa.

However, I do agree that drawing attention to their bodies in such a way is contrary to their stated beliefs. I don't think it's pregnancy-specific, though; the same could be said for the pencil skirts Jana wears, for instance.

And that's what we are referring to, behaviors contrary to stated beliefs, time after time, after time.

And that's what we are referring to, behaviors contrary to stated beliefs, time after time, after time.

Is it possible that they wear the tighter clothes during pregnancy either because:

A) Its cheaper to use their normal clothes for as long as possible?

or

B) They want to try and look more like normal people?

I mean, the more fitted look is very in style at the moment. A lot of pregnant women are proud of the fact that their bodies are capable of making a tiny person and they feel comfortable showing it off - plus, the over sized tent look that my mom wore in the 80's and 90's just makes women look a lot bigger than they really are (so, possibly a bit of vanity at play too, which is fine).

Side note: At work I dress more like a Duggar than the Duggars actually do - still manage to look adorable and still get a ton of compliments from people. :lol:

The J'Slaves, particularly Jessa, wear close-fitting knit tops all the time, though. I agree with VelociRapture that Jessa either wants to wear her old clothes as long as she can, or she wants to keep the same style as before she was pregnant.

There's a really nice picture of Jessa in a high-waisted pencil skirt which was modest, I suppose, by Duggar standards, but sexy as hell. I don't remember when or where that picture was taken, though, so I'll never be able to find it again.

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with how they dress; I just wish they'd stop spouting off about modesty.

Exactly. I think it's completely absurd to complain about shallow critiques, as if noticing superficial things as well as the deeper issues of fundamentalism are mutually exclusive. My brain is big enough to accommodate thoughts on all levels of importance, thank you very much. But, "hooker" make-up? Come on.

I think in their culture re cult

they dress more tightly when preggers because it's what is expected

just be glad they don't have to wear an actual mask or a horse's head :cracking-up:

I think many people assume (and it would seem logical) that if a girl did not want want to attract attention to herself, enough so that in Duggarville a word was devised to warn of an attention seeking woman on the horizon (NIKE!), that vanity would be right on pare with immodesty. Just another weird, Duggar inconsistency. I never understood why ogling of the face would be any better than glaring at any other part of the body. Does modesty apply only to clothing?

FFS, this is a group that does not allow private conversations, but has no problem with bronzer or any other kind of face paint. So, they are not above attracting a man with looks, but do not want to do so with intellect (I know, oxymoron). Please explain how that practice is modest? Would Mimi from the Drew Carey show elicit a NIKE?????? And if not, why?????

The lack of logic is frustrating.

They're on tv---everything they do is going to attract attention. Going without make-up and wearing ugly frumpers would attract the same amount of attention.

I don't know, I'm bothered by all aspects of their beliefs, but a lot of the "inconsistencies" on modesty never really pinged my radar. I think because it's basic human nature to convince ourselves that that way we do things is consistent with whatever rules we make for ourselves--there was the study that showed that people see God in their own image. In other words, whatever an individual believes about God has more to with their current personalities and views than any consistent belief they've been taught. Also, people just evolve (yes Duggars, y'all are EVOLVING! The horror!) with the greater society they are a part of even if they're still 100 steps behind.

Modesty is such a bullshit concept to me that I guess the rules don't really matter. It's whatever the proponents claim it is.

I wonder if Jessa secretly hates Jill, her parents, the show, Josh, the evil liberal media for stealing her thunder. I mean next season was suppose to be all about Jessa Blessa. Her baby shower, birth, baby seewald, getting free stuff, a people spread but now all of that is gone! Girl can't catch a break. Maybe daddy should've just did a double wedding, requested Jill and Jessa to conceive around the same time for double the ratings and attention

I had a boss who was in her late 40's, average body and she always wore too short skirts and very high heels in the office. We'd always joke and say she's wearing her "CFMs" (Come Fuck Me Shoes) Very similar to your CMFM!! Must be a regional twist. (I'm in Florida)

I wonder if Jessa secretly hates Jill, her parents, the show, Josh, the evil liberal media for stealing her thunder. I mean next season was suppose to be all about Jessa Blessa. Her baby shower, birth, baby seewald, getting free stuff, a people spread but now all of that is gone! Girl can't catch a break. Maybe daddy should've just did a double wedding, requested Jill and Jessa to conceive around the same time for double the ratings and attention

Hindsight is 20/20.

Of course, Jessa would never have shared her special day.*

ETA: *I don't totally begrudge her that, or the fact that they want to dress more fashionably. A childhood in frumpers had to have some weird, slightly traumatic moments. But I do think it's fair to say that Jessa has enough sense of herself and her worth to demand her own wedding day. In their world, next to childbirth (which is painful and does NOT involve cute clothes for mom), weddings are as big a moment as it gets.

Archived