IGNORED

Jessa Duggar Seewald is Pregnant - Part 3

Boogalou

Give it some time folks they will be back to preaching hellfire and brimstone, especially if the PR stunts do not work (they will not be too happy).

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To answer the question about why an immodest dress would be in a fundie closet, it's most likely that someone bought it to actually wear, but with a T-shirt under it or a cardigan or jacket over it. Or both, depending on the cut in the front. I would know because I am a part of a Pentecostal church and we believe in the same amount of modesty as the Duggars do. Well to a degree. We all love our dancing, it even states in the Bible to praise God in a dance.

Why is she taking pregnancy pictures in the Bates closet? And why is there an immodest dress in their closet?! :o

Do you really think Jessa's in Tennessee right now? I'm pretty sure the TTH has some storage space under the gables. Didn't we see a bit of it when Josie went looking for her old crib for Jill?

You know, a lot of people just really enjoy playing with makeup. And the vast majority of people wear makeup--lots of it even if it looks "natural"--when on camera. Look at Jill--she's the only one who regularly posts pictures of herself without any makeup, and you can tell because there is a very marked difference between how she looks not wearing anything and how she looks when she's wearing makeup but doesn't look like she's wearing any.

Jessa doesn't do the greatest job on herself--girl, there are some great youtube tutorials for covering acne 10x worse than yours! If I liked you more I'd send them to you--but considering all the really fun, dramatic looks she could do, especially with her eyes, I'm really not getting the criticism.

Signed,

If I were Famous I'd be GODDAMNED Before I Allow a Camera Near Me When I'm not Wearing Makeup.

Wouldn't you just! It would be interesting to see any interaction between the older girls and JB that wasn't scripted for the show. Jessa's "hooker" make up couldn't have escaped JB's notice. I'd love to see the rationale she used to wiggle out of any of his concerns. Maybe Michelle softened the issue with the countenance position - Jessa is only drawing attention to her countenance, not her body. I do believe that without the effects of the crew on set, mainly make up artists, JB would have banned all make up as well.

I mean, the kids aren't allowed to so much as sway to music (dancing = BAD!) Josie throwing off a jacket, IMMODEST!

Anyway, it's as interesting to me as Jinger's desires to live in a city. How does the family cope with each child's individuality? Is it suppressed? And if it isn't suppressed, as Jessa's and Joseph's aren't, why do the Duggar parents allow it as opposed to Josiah's desire to learn design and Spanish (nope, got to work in a Duggar business) or Josh's want to go to law school (Liberty U and Baylor have law schools but no, Josh couldn't gear his life to fulfill that desire or Jim Bob couldn't part with the cash.)

Yes, yes, all speculation is frowned on around here. That doesn't dampen my curiosity.

You used scare quotes around 'hooker' when you're the only person calling it hooker makeup. What's up with that.

Am I the only person on Free Jinger who has a problem with gendered slurs?

To answer the question about why an immodest dress would be in a fundie closet, it's most likely that someone bought it to actually wear, but with a T-shirt under it or a cardigan or jacket over it. Or both, depending on the cut in the front. I would know because I am a part of a Pentecostal church and we believe in the same amount of modesty as the Duggars do. Well to a degree. We all love our dancing, it even states in the Bible to praise God in a dance.

I agree about the dress. Years ago, I went to school with a girl who identified as being Pentacostal. She had the most beautiful, blonde, waist-length curly hair, and she often wore sleeveless dresses with a t-shirt underneath.

If the dress is long enough, I could see it qualifying as modest so long as it was worn with a a shoulder shrug or a t-shirt underneath.

Do you really think Jessa's in Tennessee right now? I'm pretty sure the TTH has some storage space under the gables. Didn't we see a bit of it when Josie went looking for her old crib for Jill?

I saw some pictures of the younger Duggar kids at the Bates' the other day (I think) so maybe they are all there for some reason.

I just pulled up the old episode "38 kids and counting" that has been sitting on my DVR and the Bates family does have a similar looking closet so it's definitely possible.

You used scare quotes around 'hooker' when you're the only person calling it hooker makeup. What's up with that.

I had the same discussion a couple weeks ago with someone who insisted on calling Alyssa Bates Webster's heels "hooker shoes". So I'm definitely with you, though I've been silent on this thread.

No, you are not.

I had the same discussion a couple weeks ago with someone who insisted on calling Alyssa Bates Webster's heels "hooker shoes". So I'm definitely with you, though I've been silent on this thread.

Yeah, using that word to describe certain ways of dressing, if not necessarily a slur, is really pushing it. I just feel there are adjectives we could use that aren't quite as...you know, slut-shaming?

Oh good, it's been FAR too long since we analyzed in detail why Jill and/or Jessa are WRONG AND BAD IN EVERY WAY because of the way they dress, look, talk, stand, smile, frown, or breathe. Thank God our resident certified FJ behavioural analysts are ready to step in and provide such enlightened insight! After all, it's only fitting that a forum dedicated to criticizing strict gender roles and the oppression of women deride one for being too emotional, and the other for being too unladylike. A++

I agree about the dress. Years ago, I went to school with a girl who identified as being Pentacostal. She had the most beautiful, blonde, waist-length curly hair, and she often wore sleeveless dresses with a t-shirt underneath.

If the dress is long enough, I could see it qualifying as modest so long as it was worn with a a shoulder shrug or a t-shirt underneath.

Bringing the topic back to this again... the younger girls do this all the time. In fact their standard outfit seems to be t-shirt/sleeveless dress/leggings.

Bringing the topic back to this again... the younger girls do this all the time. In fact their standard outfit seems to be t-shirt/sleeveless dress/leggings.

The fundie equivalent of play clothes. :mrgreen:

The fundie equivalent of play clothes. :mrgreen:

I have several granddaughters the age of the little Duggar girls. They and their friends dress pretty much identically, and not a fundie in the bunch. It's not a fundie thing, it's just a very popular current style for little girls. Easy mix and match, stretchy, comfortable. I don't think there's as many kids going sleeveless just because people are more concerned with sunburn. But yeah, from 2 to about 9 they all seem to live in leggings and a longish tunic. Or leggings, skirt and t- shirt.

No, you're not, but you were handling it really well :lol:

I flipped the image. She still looks different.

DxbG6VI.jpg

And that is the "real" image. Note the Apple logo on the back of the phone. It was backwards until you flipped the photo. Rings are on her left hand which is holding the phone. Her right hand is on her hip.

I, personally, think it is interesting, given how obsessed the Duggars, Bates and Botkins, et al, are on the topic of modesty! how much makeup the female progeny spackle on with a trowel. It is absolutely the opposite of modesty. Their makeup, clothing and accessories are more than mainstream, and they have gigantic balls critiquing "societal norms" of dress, hair and makeup. Do they have the right to rock the look they want?Absolutely! Should they shut up about countenance, Nike, and modesty? Hell yes.

I, personally, think it is interesting, given how obsessed the Duggars, Bates and Botkins, et al, are on the topic of modesty! how much makeup the female progeny spackle on with a trowel. It is absolutely the opposite of modesty. Their makeup, clothing and accessories are more than mainstream, and they have gigantic balls critiquing "societal norms" of dress, hair and makeup. Do they have the right to rock the look they want?Absolutely! Should they shut up about countenance, Nike, and modesty? Hell yes.

Their inconsistencies are what will ultimately bring them down; preaching one thing and doing another.

Found this on my Facebook feed...think this is something the duggars better listen to and read...

old.qideas.org/blog/modesty-i-dont-think-it-means-what-you-think-it-means.aspx

No, you're not, but you were handling it really well :lol:

Same here. It's fine to criticize them, but don't be an asshole about it. :lol:

Nope. I'm with you. Gendered slurs are truly disgusting.

Nope. I'm with you. Gendered slurs are truly disgusting.

count me in as offended as well, not only should we be past the "slut shaming" language as a society as a whole but, especially as mostly women on this board (Big assumption on my part there) we should realize how this language "others" women and keeps our oppression alive.

One would think on a board like this where we thoroughly tear apart the patriarchy every day (or at least say we don't like it) we would know more about language & how it is used to 'other' and oppress women.

my horse is higher than yours :D :cracking-up: :cracking-up:

I see your horse and raise you a moose! :D

Archived