IGNORED

Jessa Duggar Seewald is Pregnant - Part 3

Boogalou

I wonder if Jessa secretly hates Jill, her parents, the show, Josh, the evil liberal media for stealing her thunder. I mean next season was suppose to be all about Jessa Blessa. Her baby shower, birth, baby seewald, getting free stuff, a people spread but now all of that is gone! Girl can't catch a break. Maybe daddy should've just did a double wedding, requested Jill and Jessa to conceive around the same time for double the ratings and attention

Girl can't catch a break?

First, she should have picked a mate with a job.

Second, it seems she received a nice wedding haul, for what she put into it.

Third, the Duggar clan certainly upgraded GMM's home for the newlyweds and filled it with comfortable items to meet needs. No laundromat for those 2 kids.

Girl needs to make her own breaks. She's in the big leagues now.

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hindsight is 20/20.

Of course, Jessa would never have shared her special day.*

ETA: *I don't totally begrudge her that, or the fact that they want to dress more fashionably. A childhood in frumpers had to have some weird, slightly traumatic moments. But I do think it's fair to say that Jessa has enough sense of herself and her worth to demand her own wedding day. In their world, next to childbirth (which is painful and does NOT involve cute clothes for mom), weddings are as big a moment as it gets.

OK. Let's think about this. The girls went on TV and talked about how the touching over clothing, while some were sleeping, while toally inappropriate on Josh's pare, NBD, all in the past and not what made the girls feel like victims. It was the evil media, judge...who made the girls feel violated.

But wearing frumpers as a kid might have been traumatic?

Your brother touching your private parts, not traumatic, matching clothing, possibly traumatic?

Must be a parallel universe. One I never want to visit.

Girl can't catch a break?

First, she should have picked a mate with a job.

Second, it seems she received a nice wedding haul, for what she put into it.

Third, the Duggar clan certainly upgraded GMM's home for the newlyweds and filled it with comfortable items to meet needs. No laundromat for those 2 kids.

Girl needs to make her own breaks. She's in the big leagues now.

She could at least study harder for a GED I guess...

I wonder if Jessa secretly hates Jill, her parents, the show, Josh, the evil liberal media for stealing her thunder. I mean next season was suppose to be all about Jessa Blessa. Her baby shower, birth, baby seewald, getting free stuff, a people spread but now all of that is gone! Girl can't catch a break. Maybe daddy should've just did a double wedding, requested Jill and Jessa to conceive around the same time for double the ratings and attention

I think she gets sick of Jill crying all the time. Notice that she never comforts her. Jill seems to make everything about Jill. Jessa, IMO, just seems like a woman who is stronger as a person than Jill and is able to set boundaries. I think Jessa might be the one who moves away from the cult and goes into a more mainstream version of Christianity.

OK. Let's think about this. The girls went on TV and talked about how the touching over clothing, while some were sleeping, while toally inappropriate on Josh's pare, NBD, all in the past and not what made the girls feel like victims. It was the evil media, judge...who made the girls feel violated.

But wearing frumpers as a kid might have been traumatic?

Your brother touching your private parts, not traumatic, matching clothing, possibly traumatic?

Must be a parallel universe. One I never want to visit.

Oh, I was just commenting on one aspect of their childhood and Jessa's apparent flair for fashion. No matter how evil you've been trained to view the outside world, getting pointed at and laughed at for your clothes as a kid would suck. And they must have. Kids are kids all over, and the Duggars used to look like they were part of the FLDS.

I feel like I've discussed the molestation ad nauseam. I'm just looking for other strange angles of their upbringing to discuss. Obviously there are far bigger issues, but there were a LOT of smaller problems, too.

No one said "whore". I wrote "hooker" and some of you see that as a term of disrespect. I don't. All hookers should be rich, protected and respected, but whatever, mea culpa.

If Jana wears make up in more subtle ways, that doesn't belie that Jessa wants a big dramatic face with lots of obvious make up.

Personally, I've never felt the mystical change some women (and men) feel when they work their magic on their faces and present the face that more aligns with their internal image of themselves. This phenomenon fascinates me, since with or without make up, I feel exactly the same.

Which gets me wondering what Jessa would do if presented with one of Kevyn Aucoin's books. I wish she would look through one, since he shared her aesthetic and came from an religious home. Has she ever looked at the severe make up of some Latin and Italian women? That strikes me as make up as armour or mask. Nicaraguan women I used to work with told me that it's a sign that a woman has no discipline if she doesn't "care" for herself with mani-pedis, facials and full make up.

It's is pretty obvious why JB accepts his daughters wearing make up. Not that he would say it, but being concerned with how pretty one looks for men is all part and parcel of submission. On the other hand, it conflicts with the fundie prohibition of all things that *might* lead to sex outside marriage or a woman calling attention to herself.

Lastly, I don't dislike Jessa's heavy use of cosmetics. If it helped her get time alone in the bathroom, in that crazy home, more power to her. If it helped her develop an interest outside of bible verses and raising her mother's children, good for her! It's just curious that it was allowed at all in a home where any stray thought is owned by the devil.

I think she gets sick of Jill crying all the time. Notice that she never comforts her. Jill seems to make everything about Jill. Jessa, IMO, just seems like a woman who is stronger as a person than Jill and is able to set boundaries. I think Jessa might be the one who moves away from the cult and goes into a more mainstream version of Christianity.

I feel like Jessa chimed in and took over speaking when Jill cried, thus relieving Jill of some stress and calling attention away from her. It is a valid way to support someone, especially appropriate if Jessa feels awkward comforting people who are upset. I would be thrilled if someone took over for me in an upsetting situation. /easily upset person

And that's what we are referring to, behaviors contrary to stated beliefs, time after time, after time.

My guess is that the jewelry and makeup aren't seen as double standards to the Duggar's because of their beliefs that it will draw attention to the face and away from the body. I know that's already been said, but I think we need to realize its roots are biblical to them. 1st Peter 3 verses 3-4. I don't remember exactly how they get there with their reasoning, but

when I attended an IFB all girl boarding school/reform school as a teenager, we were taught on the subject. VERY Duggar-like with modesty standards, and we were taught to dress to downplay our bodies, but that makeup and jewelry were ok to bring attention to the face and countenance, so that men would look at that. I remember jumping on it with glee because as a Mennonite, we weren't allowed to wear so much a wedding band or clear nail polish.

Now, I'm a bit puzzled myself at the progression of dress over the years with Jim-Bob's iron fist, but yet at the same time, and again based on my experience, I can understand it. I agree its a bit of a double standard, but my guess is that the girls have taken it upon themselves to slowly change their fashions based on their own sense of style as they grew up, and JimBob just had to eventually accept it. Yay girls! It happens in a lot of conservative families. I'd think JimBob would have squashed it, but it does help them appear more mainstream and relatable so he was probably fine with it in the end.

1)"Whore" and "hooker" and "prostitute" are synonymous.

2)There is no way you meant hooker makeup as anything but an insult. Come on, now.

3)But Jessa's makeup isn't at all dramatic? Her foundation/concealer application needs a lot work, but it's not like she's doing any major contouring or dramatic eyeshadow color/eyeliner techniques or bold lips apart from super shiny gloss.

I feel like Jessa chimed in and took over speaking when Jill cried, thus relieving Jill of some stress and calling attention away from her. It is a valid way to support someone, especially appropriate if Jessa feels awkward comforting people who are upset. I would be thrilled if someone took over for me in an upsetting situation. /easily upset person

I agree that that was Jessa's attempt at comforting, by keeping the conversation going so Jill could have her teary moment. But I also think there's at least a bit of tension between them. I can't do screengrabs, but whoever runs wtffundiefamilies has skills in that area.

This tumblr has some good screengrabs of Jill and Jessa packing and chatting together. The looks and statements are all along the "Well, bless your heart, darling," Southern woman style. The packing is currently on page 20, but since it's a Tumblr, that could later change; it's still interesting and worth sharing: wtffundiefamilies.tumblr.com/tagged/Jessa+Duggar/page/20

Jilly Muffin probably hated that Jessa took over speaking for her too. No one is allowed to talk more than Jill. :lol:

Jessa and Ben are a bit odd aren't they. playing on the same side of the table for checkers? If this was Jill and Derick prewedding they'd be having handsex while playing lol

No one said "whore". I wrote "hooker" and some of you see that as a term of disrespect. I don't. All hookers should be rich, protected and respected, but whatever, mea culpa.

If Jana wears make up in more subtle ways, that doesn't belie that Jessa wants a big dramatic face with lots of obvious make up.

Personally, I've never felt the mystical change some women (and men) feel when they work their magic on their faces and present the face that more aligns with their internal image of themselves. This phenomenon fascinates me, since with or without make up, I feel exactly the same.

Which gets me wondering what Jessa would do if presented with one of Kevyn Aucoin's books. I wish she would look through one, since he shared her aesthetic and came from an religious home. Has she ever looked at the severe make up of some Latin and Italian women? That strikes me as make up as armour or mask. Nicaraguan women I used to work with told me that it's a sign that a woman has no discipline if she doesn't "care" for herself with mani-pedis, facials and full make up.

It's is pretty obvious why JB accepts his daughters wearing make up. Not that he would say it, but being concerned with how pretty one looks for men is all part and parcel of submission. On the other hand, it conflicts with the fundie prohibition of all things that *might* lead to sex outside marriage or a woman calling attention to herself.

Lastly, I don't dislike Jessa's heavy use of cosmetics. If it helped her get time alone in the bathroom, in that crazy home, more power to her. If it helped her develop an interest outside of bible verses and raising her mother's children, good for her! It's just curious that it was allowed at all in a home where any stray thought is owned by the devil.

Unfortunately, in the girls' dorm, the vanity was in the middle of the room- privacy need not apply.

On the Jessa make up issue,

I am about the same age (24) and I think she and the others wear way too much, however that could be because no one taught them how to do it.

Jilly Muffin probably hated that Jessa took over speaking for her too. No one is allowed to talk more than Jill. :lol:

I did not have the same impression of this as most people seem to have had. I thought Jessa looked at Jill with compassion and, as halcionne said, took over speaking so that Jill could compose herself. Just because Jessa didn't reach out and touch or hug Jill does not mean she didn't care that Jill was upset. To me she looked concerned and caring. They were being interviewed in a hostile environment for the first time, about an obviously difficult period in their lives. I actually thought they handled the situation remarkably well, their comments notwithstanding.

I did not have the same impression of this as most people seem to have had. I thought Jessa looked at Jill with compassion and, as halcionne said, took over speaking so that Jill could compose herself. Just because Jessa didn't reach out and touch or hug Jill does not mean she didn't care that Jill was upset. To me she looked concerned and caring. They were being interviewed in a hostile environment for the first time, about an obviously difficult period in their lives. I actually thought they handled the situation remarkably well, their comments notwithstanding.

I just think Jessa's not a demonstrative or affection person in general, especially in front of the cameras. Plus, I still think that Jill's crying was fake in that interview. We've seen her crying enough times to know how she looks when real tears are flowing, and that wasn't it. Those two were obviously following a script and since Jessa comforting Jill wasn't on it, it didn't happen.

Really? I think Jill was trying hard present a happy face for the cameras until the reality of the situation she was in set in and that’s when she broke down and started crying. I believe her when she said she was more traumatized by the Josh molestations being made public. IMO, it reeks of victim shaming to criticize Jill for being emotional over what was clearly a painful subject, not just for her but her entire family. I personally think her and Jessa are being misguided and that they should be far more angry at their parents for how they handled the situation rather than blaming the “big evil liberal mediaâ€. But that's not for me to decide and I can understand why they feel pissed off because they thought their privacy was violated (even if it was done within legal rights).

Jessa uploaded a video.

Ben's friends, Jeremy Vuolo and Dylan McMahan, shed some light on this seemingly conflicting statement.

[bBvideo 560,340:il3vg5wr]

[/bBvideo]

Ben's friends can shed some light on MY conflicting statement anytime! :dance:

Jessa uploaded a video.

[bBvideo 560,340:3pg6vau4]

[/bBvideo]

Ben's friends can shed some light on MY conflicting statement anytime! :dance:

With their 'swords'? :o

The guy on the left, I will name him burp guy, sounds like Bin, without as many 'ums' and 'likes'.

Very enlightening indeed. The food looks pretty good.

Really? I think Jill was trying hard present a happy face for the cameras until the reality of the situation she was in set in and that’s when she broke down and started crying. I believe her when she said she was more traumatized by the Josh molestations being made public. IMO, it reeks of victim shaming to criticize Jill for being emotional over what was clearly a painful subject, not just for her but her entire family. I personally think her and Jessa are being misguided and that they should be far more angry at their parents for how they handled the situation rather than blaming the “big evil liberal mediaâ€. But that's not for me to decide and I can understand why they feel pissed off because they thought their privacy was violated (even if it was done within legal rights).

I think her feelings about molestation becoming public are sincere, absolutely. But those tears when she described calling Derrick after finding out that the news was going to come out (which was hilarious because Jim Bob and Michelle had said they had no idea it was coming) were fake. It took way too much effort to squeeze the first one out. Again, Jill's cried on air more than once. The difference between those instances and that interview are huge.

The prostitutes in my neighborhood don't Really wear makeup. Now the church ladies and good girls look like they use a trowel to apply their makeup.

:laughing-rolling:

I think her feelings about molestation becoming public are sincere, absolutely. But those tears when she described calling Derrick after finding out that the news was going to come out (which was hilarious because Jim Bob and Michelle had said they had no idea it was coming) were fake. It took way too much effort to squeeze the first one out. Again, Jill's cried on air more than once. The difference between those instances and that interview are huge.

So was the incident in the past, successfully dealt with, counseling obtained, work detail completed and forgiveness rendered or not? Were the tears because the incident was revisited or because the molestation was out in the open and being talked about outside the home?

Too bad the communication facilitator did not advise the Duggars to stick with 1 story/approach.

Either: A)- This was a dark period in our lives, please keep our family in your prayers as you respect our privacy or B)- Yes, this happened. This is what we did at the time. The girls received counseling, all is well and the girls would like you to hear what they have to say.

The Duggars were misled in thinking that they could play victim only to the media, yet claim in the next breath that all is good and forgiven. In order to be believed and taken seriously, it's either one or the other.

Personally, I think they should have gone with choice A^. Better to keep the trap shut and have them wondering, vs flapping the gums and removing all doubt.

Re: Make up.

Am I the only one surprised that it's even allowed? This is also coming from people who believe women "defraud" men by happenstance that their appearance may or may not arouse sexual feelings that go unfulfilled. How profoundly fucked up is it to believe that a woman has to reconcile the belief that one shouldwear make up to be pleasing to one's husband, yet on the other hand it leaves you open to be accused of defrauding other men? Is it not reasonable to assume that men should be able to handle their own attraction to women without forcing women to protect men from themselves? Seriously...

Jessa and Ben are a bit odd aren't they. playing on the same side of the table for checkers? If this was Jill and Derick prewedding they'd be having handsex while playing lol

omg yes - :D they always look so serious

and amandaaries thank you for the website :D

Re: Make up.

Am I the only one surprised that it's even allowed? This is also coming from people who believe women "defraud" men by happenstance that their appearance may or may not arouse sexual feelings that go unfulfilled. How profoundly fucked up is it to believe that a woman has to reconcile the belief that one shouldwear make up to be pleasing to one's husband, yet on the other hand it leaves you open to be accused of defrauding other men? Is it not reasonable to assume that men should be able to handle their own attraction to women without forcing women to protect men from themselves? Seriously...

You need to stop trying to apply logic or reasoning to anything Duggar related. It will drive you insane. :lol:

Archived